We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Exabeam Fusion SIEM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Exabeam Fusion SIEM is #4 ranked solution in SOAR tools, #5 ranked solution in top User Behavior Analytics - UEBA tools, #19 ranked solution in Log Management Software, and #22 ranked solution in top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. PeerSpot users give Exabeam Fusion SIEM an average rating of 8 out of 10. Exabeam Fusion SIEM is most commonly compared to Splunk: Exabeam Fusion SIEM vs Splunk. Exabeam Fusion SIEM is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 46% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
What is Exabeam Fusion SIEM?

Exabeam Fusion SIEM is a cloud-delivered solution that that enables you to:

-Leverage turnkey threat detection, investigation, and response
-Collect, search and enhance data from anywhere
-Detect threats missed by other tools, using market-leading behavior analytics
-Achieve successful SecOps outcomes with prescriptive, threat-centric use case packages
-Enhance productivity and reduce response times with automation
-Meet regulatory compliance and audit requirements with ease

Download the Log Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Exabeam Fusion SIEM Customers

Hulu, ADP, Safeway, BBCN Bank

Exabeam Fusion SIEM Video

Exabeam Fusion SIEM Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Exabeam Fusion SIEM pricing:
"They have a great model for pricing that can be based either on user count or gigabits per day."

Exabeam Fusion SIEM Reviews

Program Coordinator at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Good at security logging in our infrastructure but be prepared for problems if you start with a large implementation
  • "The user interface and the timelines they use are the most valuable features. The price model is very simple so that one can understand it easily and there are no surprises within it."
  • "We had a large volume right from the beginning and they weren't quite prepared for that. That's something that they should think about when it comes to customers that have a large volume to start off with."

What is most valuable?

It's good at security logging in our infrastructure but not really application logging.

We have been using Exabeam for a few months.

We had RSA earlier, we were a mature client, we had a big bang kind of start. Exabeam was really prepared there. We had some issues that we were able to sort out. They sent very experienced engineers to help us with the issues we had. Now we have a technical account manager. We are very pleased with it. Now, it looks much better but it's a large implementation. If you have a large implementation with lots of data you can expect a few issues and problems. If you start off with a small implementation then it would be a different story. We started off with loads and loads of data that we wanted to ingest. After a couple of months, things look a lot better.

We did a POC with Splunk, IBM QRadar and Securonix and we came to the conclusion that Exabeam was the best option for us. Everybody knows that Splunk is the top product but it's very expensive. The price model is based on the volume of logs of data that you process in the system. It's very unpredictable and expensive compared to other products.

What other advice do I have?

We reviewed four different vendors but before we did the evaluation, we took a deep look at our use cases to understand our requirements so we would know the expected use cases and requirements on the system. It's important to know what you want to use it for. For us, it was about security use cases. If you are a new customer, you should think of the use cases that you have. All of the vendors we evaluated were good but Exabeam has a very good price model. That's where they win when they compete with Splunk, for instance. With Exabeam, you're not restricted to the log volume. You can add as much as you like. The only limit is the hardware. At some point, you may need to extend the hardware. We have plans to increase usage.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

We had a large volume right from the beginning and they weren't quite prepared for that. That's something that they should think about when it comes to customers that have a large volume to start off with. That's where they could try to improve their services. We had some issues. Some of it was due to our own load balancing problems that caused a few issues. But if they had had their expert guys on-site they would have found the error much earlier. They didn't have their best experts so I think we lost a big of implementation time. I would've expected more attention on their side. They created tickets but that wasn't the way to work. When you start a large implementation, they need to have their experts on-site as opposed to opening regular tickets. They need to be on-site to fix the issues. They sent very good technical experts after a few months and it only took them half a day to figure out the issues and after that, it worked very well. Our account manager is very senior and we are very pleased with him.

They've been very professional during the POC. We had ongoing commercial discussions.

George Succar
Strategic Account Specialist at FITS Consulting
User-friendly and affordable with good security on offer
  • "It's a very user-friendly product and it's a very comprehensive technology."
  • "We still have questions surrounding hardware deployment."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily for the Saudi Arabian government. They want to deploy Exabeam to about 15,000 users. It's for cybersecurity, for protection reasons, within the government environment.

How has it helped my organization?

The government has needed some security features to protect the assets and to protect everything within the environment. This solution offers them the level of protection that they need.

What is most valuable?

The solution has great technology.

It's a very user-friendly product and it's a very comprehensive technology.

The security on offer is very good.

Cost-wise, compared to other technology, it's affordable.

The solution has a lot of great premium features on offer.

What needs improvement?

We still have questions surrounding hardware deployment.

I've been using the solution for about one year.

The stability seems to be quite good. We haven't installed it yet, however.

From what I can see, the solution has the capability to scale. that shouldn't be an issue for a company. It looks like it will expand quite well.

I haven't been in touch with technical support. The solution hasn't been implemented yet. I've mostly been acquiring information via third parties.

I tried to send an email, however, no one has replied. I still have outstanding questions about how to select a security management platform, how to select entity analytics, how to select the cloud connectors et cetera, in physical and virtual modes.

It doesn't look like anyone is really supporting the solution in our region. As consultants, it's hard for us to say if this will end up being a problem for clients down the line. We'd like to get their input on the proposal and design, however, there doesn't seem to be anyone to discuss these issues with.

This solution has not been installed yet. Right now, we are in distributing stage. We are trying to assess the requirements and to decide accordingly the proper way forward. We're still figuring out the hardware, for example, and still have questions that need to be addressed.

I've examined the cost and have found it to be rather reasonable. It's not overly expensive for what it offers.

Currently, I'm doing a deep evaluation of this product. I'm making a scoring system and comparing tit o other technologies. This seems to be the best option, however. It seems to be ticking all of the boxes.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a consultant. We give advice to clients and present them with what we think are the best options. I'm not an integrator or user. Our clients rely on our insights and reports.

This solution will potentially be used on a governmental project. We need to have the full set of features. The government is very concerned about protection. We are trying to deploy the data lead, cloud connector, advanced analytics, entity analytics, recounting incident response, case manager and the full package, the full system, in order to collect information and properly detect and respond.

While the scoring is very high so far, I still need to determine the hardware requirements. From what I can see so far, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Exabeam, Splunk, IBM and others in Log Management. Updated: January 2022.
564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
Good tech support and pretty stable but is by no means a complete solution
  • "I have customers that like the EUBA functionality of it. The solution has the ability to build a session, basically. It pulls a lot of information together, for example, everything a user does in a specific timeframe. It's quite helpful."
  • "They need to focus on more of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework and coverage. They claim they cover about 70 to 80%. I'm not sure if it's really quite that much, however."

What is our primary use case?

We install this solution for our customers. We don't necessarily use the solution ourselves.

What is most valuable?

I have customers that like the EUBA functionality of it. The solution has the ability to build a session, basically. It pulls a lot of information together, for example, everything a user does in a specific timeframe. It's quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

It's not a complete solution. It really focuses on user behavioral analytics, which is a big part of the product. It doesn't support flow analysis. Not everything is left in logs, to be conveniently reviewed. However, if they had flow analysis, it's possible you can catch a lot of hackers looking at the behavior and network flow. Things need to be cross-correlated with logs. They need real-time flow analysis.

They need to focus on more of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework and coverage. They claim they cover about 70 to 80%. I'm not sure if it's really quite that much, however.

I've been using the solution for about a year now.

The solution is pretty stable. It's mostly reliable in that we don't really deal with bugs and glitches.

It's built on SADUP, which is pretty stable. It's a fair to stand up, but they've got that all worked out. You don't have to struggle with getting your Alt stack stood up. They do that for you.

We have reached out to technical support in the past, and it's quite good. We've found them to be very good and very supportive. We're satisfied with the level of support we get from the company.

We handle the implementation ourselves on behalf of our clients.

What other advice do I have?

We're a technology reseller. We're the largest IBM reseller in the world.

We're using the current version of the solution.

I would suggest that other companies looking at implementing the solution to first consider the full breadth of their requirements. It's not a solution with wide-ranging features and capabilities. That said, it does do a lot. They're very good at the user behavioral analytics. If UEBA is a company's main concern, and if they're concerned about insiders, which people should be, it's quite good. It's a strong product for that type of functionality. It doesn't have a lot of breadth beyond that.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.

COO at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Easy to use, good integration with AWS, and the incident response functionality works well
  • "The way it can connect with AWS is very useful, and the integrations are pretty good."
  • "Adding to the number of certifications that they have, for example, ISO 27001, would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider that does a lot of work in the cybersecurity space. Exabeam is one of the SIEM products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and on a whole, it is pretty valuable.

The incident response functionality is good.

What needs improvement?

Adding to the number of certifications that they have, for example, ISO 27001, would be helpful. Currently, they only have SOC 2.

I have been working with Exabeam for the past two to three years.

Exabeam is a stable solution.

This product is very easy to scale.

I have been in contact with technical support and they're really great. There's always an engineer assigned to each case.

The other SIEM solutions that we work with are Securonix and LogPoint.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. Depending on the size, it usually takes about six days for implementation time.

They have a great model for pricing that can be based either on user count or gigabits per day. The pricing is pretty flexible, as well.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product is dependent on the individual use case, but generally, it fits most clients.

Overall, this is a fantastic tool and it is one of the best SIEMs that I've come across.

Co-Founder, Director - Technology & Consulting at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Very good timeline based analytics and user friendly
  • "Timeline based analysis; good platform support"
  • "The organzation is rigid and not flexible in the way they operate"

What is our primary use case?

I run a consulting organization and I also do a lot of enterprise architecture and solution architecture for security services.

What is most valuable?

Valuable features are its timeline based analysis and that it's user friendly. Response from the platform itself is good which makes it easy to manage. The UI is also a good feature.

What needs improvement?

The product is good but the organzation is rigid and not flexible in the way they operate. Their response time is very bad. They obviously have a small team and not enough staff. They have their own priorities, it seems but the customer should be their first priority. The company really needs to improve their commitment to their customers.

I've been using the solution for about four years.

Stability is fine.

Scalability is fine.

There are no issues with technical support.

Initial setup is fairly straightforward.

The pricing is reasonable

What other advice do I have?

From a product perspective, it's a good product but the company needs to improve the way it functions.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Download our free Log Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Exabeam, Splunk, IBM, and more!