IBM Resilient OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Resilient is the #6 ranked solution in top Security Incident Response tools and #9 ranked solution in SOAR tools. PeerSpot users give IBM Resilient an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. IBM Resilient is most commonly compared to Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR: IBM Resilient vs Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR. IBM Resilient is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Security Incident Response Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is IBM Resilient?

The Resilient Incident Response Platform (IRP) is the leading platform for orchestrating and automating incident response processes.

The Resilient IRP quickly and easily integrates with your organization’s existing security and IT investments. It makes security alerts instantly actionable, provides valuable intelligence and incident context, and enables adaptive response to complex cyber threats.

IBM Resilient Customers

Golden Living, Health Equity, USA Funds

IBM Resilient Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM Resilient pricing:
  • "It is very expensive."
  • "There is a license you need to pay for in order to use this product."
  • IBM Resilient Reviews

Md Saiful Hyder - PeerSpot reviewer
    AGM, Enterprise Solutions at Omgea Exim Ltd
    MSP
    Easy to use with good stability but needs more documentation
    • "The solution is very easy to use."
    • "The product needs a bit more development."

What is our primary use case?

We have delivered a couple of Resilient solutions to our customers.

The product is primarily used for incident response automation and orchestration.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use.

It's a very stable product. The performance has been very good.

What needs improvement?

The product needs a bit more development.

We've had some compatibility issues that need to be resolved. There needs to be a bit more research done into that to figure out why it won't work. For example, my customer had some specific requirements, however, due to a lot of compatibility issues, some devices were not available to upgrade or add to the system. They say they are working on adding it to the solution, however, the compatibility still isn't available, and may not be for a while. They are unclear on the timelines.

We've had issues surrounding the deployment of the product.

The solution needs to try and develop more custom playbooks or documentation to help the customer with the initial setup.

Technical support is not pro-active enough and they take too long to provide solutions to problems.

The solution needs to have a physical deployment as well. It would be ideal if it wasn't just on the cloud.

We have been selling the solution for the past three years at this point.

Security Incident Response
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, ServiceNow, Palo Alto Networks and others in Security Incident Response. Updated: November 2022.
    653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

There are some aspects of the solution that we can scale. There are certain things we can customize if we need to. We can also scale, for example, the number of actions per month. You can expand it if you need to.

Currently, we have six clients using the solution. These companies differ in size.

I personally have five team members in my organization who are supporting the customer in the support portal.

We use the IBM support portal. The need to be much more proactive in supporting the customer. They don't necessarily ever say "this is not possible". Instead, they say "we are developing a solution". However, the process of developing a fix takes far too long. They need to be more aggressive in dealing with issues. Right now, sometimes it can take up to two to three months to resolve an issue, which is far too long.

I wouldn't say that we are satisfied with the level of service they provide.

We've had issues with the setup process. We have Palo Alto, and for some reason, there isn't good compatibility.

That said, for the most part, the installation is fairly straightforward. It's not too complex.

We have five team members capable of handling implementations.

We handle the implementation for our clients.

The pricing is pretty good, however, the downside is that it is not a very mature product.

When a company needs a playbook, they have to create one, and then they have to pay someone for that service. However, it might be something that IBM could develop and template for others. They may be in the process of doing this already.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.

It's an okay product, however, it needs more maturity.

Nilesh Burghate - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head - Global SOC at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Stable, with good User Behaviour Analytics and has the ability to interlink offenses
    • "The UBA, User Behavior Analytics, is very good."
    • "The initial setup is complex."

What is our primary use case?

We basically use all of the basic functionality, including the entire MITRE ATT&CK tactics, et cetera.

What is most valuable?

The interlinking of the offenses is the most valuable aspect of the solution for us.

The UBA, User Behavior Analytics, is very good.

The solution has been stable so far. The performance is good.

The product can scale if you need it to. It's an easy process.

What needs improvement?

In terms of the whole analysis aspect, if we can get any additional information and ensure it's contextual information, that would be quite helpful to us.

The initial setup is complex.

I've been using the solution for four years or so. It's been a while. I have a few years of experience with the product at this point.

The solution has been quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable and the performance is quite good.

We have about 100 users on the solution right now. The solution is quite easy to scale. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with relative ease.

The initial setup is not straightforward or simple. It's quite complex. It can be difficult. The whole deployment, as well as the configuration, takes some work.

The deployment itself took about two months in total.

We handled everything in-house. We didn't enlist the help of any consultants or integrators. Our team handled every aspect themselves.

What other advice do I have?

We have a business partnership with IBM.

I'm working with the latest version of the solution. I'm not sure which version number it is.

I'd recommend the product to other users and companies.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Security Incident Response
    November 2022
    653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Administrator at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Helpful incident response monitoring but the pricing and integration could be better
    • "It's really simple and has a flexible interface."
    • "The integration could be improved so that it is easy to integrate with other solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for research and to integrate it into security solutions on the platform.

What is most valuable?

It's really simple and has a flexible interface.

It has been helpful with incident response monitoring and has good security features.

What needs improvement?

We need better pricing. It is very expensive to facilitate the students for research purposes for one month.

I have been using IBM Resilient for a few months.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

This product is scalable.

We have not contacted technical support.

We are using many other solutions for research purposes such as Red Connect, Rapid7, and Siemplify.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It's simple to install and doesn't take very long to deploy.

We researched the internet on how to install and use this solution. There is a lot of information available on the internet.

It is very expensive.

I haven't purchased this solution yet, I downloaded the community version.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very useful tool, and I recommend it.

I would rate IBM Resilient a six out of ten.

Kamal Abdelrahman - PeerSpot reviewer
    Country Manager at Magarah
    Stable, but needs customization flexibility and better integration
    • "This is a good solution that we recommend for customers."
    • "This product could be improved with better customization. This product isn't the best on the market like QRadar, but it's actually a good solution. However, some competitors' solutions contain more integration, support, automation, or flexibility."

What is our primary use case?

Each customer will have different use cases for this solution. We develop use cases based on customer requirements and our technical team builds a playbook for the customer. Resilient is deployed on-premises.

What is most valuable?

This is a good solution that we recommend for customers.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Resilient for over a year.

This solution is stable.

The technical support is good.

The installation is straightforward, but customization requires an understanding of programming as well as CTI integration. For implementation, I had a team of two engineers.

I implemented through an in-house team.

There is a license you need to pay for in order to use this product.

What other advice do I have?

I rate IBM Resilient a seven out of ten because the customization and integration could be improved. It needs more support metrics for integration and more flexibility in customizing the playbook. I recommend this product to others who are considering implementation.

Download our free Security Incident Response Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, ServiceNow, Palo Alto Networks, and more!
    Updated: November 2022