DX NetOps OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

DX NetOps is the #10 ranked solution in top AIOps tools and #66 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give DX NetOps an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. DX NetOps is most commonly compared to DX Spectrum: DX NetOps vs DX Spectrum. DX NetOps is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is DX NetOps?

DX NetOps by CA Technologies, a Broadcom company, improves your time to value through advanced AI capabilities and unified network visibility that delivers simplified NetOps intelligence into the user experience that traverses modern architectures. DX NetOps accomplishes this through high scale, unified network monitoring that enables full-stack analytics for assuring traditional and modern architectures. DX NetOps converts inventory, topology, device metrics, faults, flow and packet analysis into actionable intelligence for network operations teams. Complimented by our AIOps solution, DX NetOps enables IT teams to establish proactive, autonomous remediation capabilities across the applications, infrastructure, and networks that fuel superior user experiences.

DX NetOps Customers
Fujitsu
DX NetOps Video

DX NetOps Reviews

Wael Abdelwahab - PeerSpot reviewer
Deputy General Manager at banque misr
Good performance, simple setup, and helpful for root cause analysis
  • "It's good for root cause analysis for network problems and network link problems."
  • "Technical support needs to be better. They need to be more knowledgeable and responsive."

What is our primary use case?

It's used as a network management tool. We primarily use the solution for network management and performance management for network infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The performance is good. They help in showing performance metrics for links, interfaces, and network devices. Even for the traffic analysis, it shows how the company consumes traffic and what type of protocol is consumed, and all that stuff.

The initial setup is straightforward.

You can get alerts generated when any events occur.

It's scalable.

The solution has been stable.

What needs improvement?

The solution has a big weakness in parts of network configuration management. The parts that collect our backup and the network devices to restore it, are very weak. We only have very basic functionality. They need to make it more sophisticated. It needs to be in compliance with security standards.

The look and feel and the user experience need improvement. It hasn't really changed in more than ten years and seems dated. They need to enhance the user experience. The UI is very old.

I've used the solution for more than ten years.

Network Monitoring Software
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, SolarWinds, Paessler AG and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: November 2022.
657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The performance is very good, and the solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches, and it doesn't crash or freeze. I'd rate the stability four out of five.

You can scale the solution. It's not extremely scalable. However, it is possible. I'd rate the ability to scale four out of five.

We have 25 people using the solution right now.

I'm not sure if there are plans to increase usage at this time.

Technical support has changed in terms of quality. After Broadcom bought the product, things have gone downhill. I would have rated it one out of five in terms of our satisfaction level with their support. However, as of last year, they've tried to enhance the service and it's bounced back significantly. If we get support from the US team, we get good help. The quality really depends on the region you get to help you.

We can face timing delays, response times, and knowledge gaps. If we compare it to other companies, it's still below par.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The solution is very straightforward and simple. It's not a complex process. I'd rate the initial setup a five out of five in terms of how easy the process is.

Initially, it was a very simple installation, one server, and not sophisticated. That said, afterward, we enhanced it, and after consultation, we enhanced it to be scalable in installation to cover all our branches on our device.

For some applications and network management, it took about three months to accomplish the full installation. Even after that, we changed the strategy and redeployed again. It took about a couple of months to have all modules configured and running. That's for the full implementation, not just the installation.

The deployment was run by one or two people. You don't need a lot of staff or a lot of people involved in it. No, there are a lot of people using it as it's in every department. We have 25 people administering it daily. They work in shifts, so not everyone is on it at once. There are about five people handling maintenance.

While our team now has a lot of experience with the product and can deal with the initial setup internally, we initially used a consultant to help us implement it.

We have seen an ROI. I'd rate the level of positive ROI we've seen 4.5 out of five.

They have changed from permanent and renewal to subscription. We need to pay for the product on a yearly basis. All features are included under the subscription. You do not need to buy extra pieces.  They changed it from several products into one package, including three products.

Compared to other options, it is affordable. I'd rate the level of affordability a four out of five. Compared to IBM or Micro Focus, its pricing is quite good.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten overall.

I'd recommend the solution to others.