CloudBolt OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

CloudBolt is the #20 ranked solution in top Cloud Management tools. PeerSpot users give CloudBolt an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. CloudBolt is most commonly compared to Morpheus: CloudBolt vs Morpheus. CloudBolt is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Cloud Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is CloudBolt?

CloudBolt supports a variety of cloud technologies, from on-premises virtualization and private cloud to a wide range public and hybrid cloud configurations.

No need to rip-and-replace. CloudBolt provides easy import, syncing, and management of legacy deployments even as it helps you build out new cloud environments.

CloudBolt lets administrators create and maintain configuration standards while developing a reusable library of service and application templates.

CloudBolt Customers

WM, CyWest, Panic, Camden, University of Maryland, Xerox, Neustar, Medidata, Continu, Aruba Networks, Neuberger Berman, Peak6, EverBank, Ascensus, Hosting Edge

CloudBolt Video

CloudBolt Reviews

Sameer Gusain - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Lead at Sopra Steria
Customizable hybrid cloud management solution with good stability, easy setup, and quick deployment
  • "Hybrid cloud platform for VM and app deployment and management, with very good stability. It's customizable, easy to set up, and can be deployed within half an hour."
  • "The scheduling feature of CloudBolt needs improvement because sometimes, it doesn't work."

What is our primary use case?

CloudBolt is very useful for a customer currently using the multi-cloud model, and wants to manage everything on a single console, e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure, or their VMware infrastructure.

There are also multiple things we can do through CloudBolt which are important. One thing we can do is to schedule power on and power shutdown so those processes are automated. I was able to implement it even in the trial version of the platform. They have a free trial for some servers where the license is not required, so I implemented it on my test environment and that worked fine with me.

Another thing we can use CloudBolt for is VM deployment on the cloud. We need to install the Ansible tower and configure it, but through CloudBolt, we can deploy everything on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

There are two valuable features we like about CloudBolt. First, we can manage multiple clouds and the on-premises infrastructure on CloudBolt.

The second valuable feature is that we can do customization on the platform. For example, during a deployment, there's a default team on CloudBolt, and we have an agreement with them as their partner, that we can customize the logo, the icon, etc. for our customers. We can put the Sopra Steria logo, or we can customize features on CloudBolt, etc.

What needs improvement?

I had an issue with the scheduling feature of CloudBolt, but I'm not sure if that's been fixed in the new version. For example: I scheduled a job for powering on and powering off the VM, but there were times it didn't work, so I had to create a new job for it. It's only the scheduling feature that needs improvement. The rest of the CloudBolt features are okay for me.

An additional feature I'd like to see in the next release of CloudBolt is costing and the consumption of cloud resources, or how much has been consumed including the cost, should be included in the report to make it easy for us.

I've been using CloudBolt for more than one year.

Cloud Management
December 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about CloudBolt, Scalr, VMware and others in Cloud Management. Updated: December 2022.
655,994 professionals have used our research since 2012.

CloudBolt has very good stability. We tested everything on the platform, and it was very good, so we started a partnership with them. They were also very keen on getting our feedback, and they even assigned a solution architect to us who helped us have a better understanding of CloudBolt. It's a very good platform.

I have not raised any support ticket with CloudBolt, but during the initial phase, we had some concerns, so CloudBolt assigned a solution architect for us, and he has cleared our concerns.

We checked other solutions that worked on multiple clouds, though I can't remember the names. Out of the box, we found CloudBolt to be the top platform.

The initial setup for CloudBolt was easy, both for on-premises and on cloud.

CloudBolt was deployed in-house, and the deployment didn't take more than half an hour.

I'm not aware of the billing part, but I think it was an all-in cost, with no additional costs apart from the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

We were going to suggest CloudBolt to our customers who are on the multi-cloud model, and we have an agreement with CloudBolt, but we have not implemented it yet for our customers. I have personal experience with CloudBolt, though.

The version of the platform which we're using is two or three versions older. We are business partners of CloudBolt. We have had an agreement with them for eight to ten months, but previously our agreement with them was for over one year.

One person is enough for CloudBolt maintenance.

I would recommend CloudBolt to anyone who is on the multi-cloud model. I'm rating CloudBolt eight out of ten.

Download our free Cloud Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about CloudBolt, Scalr, VMware, and more!
Updated: December 2022