Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) is #8 ranked solution in top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. PeerSpot users give Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) is most commonly compared to Microsoft Intune: Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) vs Microsoft Intune. Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 47% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.
Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) Buyer's Guide

Download the Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM)?

Every user is unique. Every device, a bit different. Systems Manager keeps the network in the loop about constantly changing devices, automatically tracking device posture and adjusting security policies to match.

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) was previously known as Meraki MDM.

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) Customers

Hafen Hamburg & Empire Riverside Hotel, Eastview Church, Tourism Holdings, Colegio Sagrada Familia Hijas de Jesús, Tommy Bahama's, Canadian School Mexico, Rosebank College

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) Video

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) pricing:
  • "The cost of installing this solution can be more expensive depending on who is doing the installation. Cisco is very expensive."
  • "My customers at times have issues with the price of the solution. It is expensive, but overall it is worth it. The licensing model cost is based on how many devices you require."
  • Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) Reviews

TonyMoore - PeerSpot reviewer
    President at www.virtualtechsolutionsusa.com
    A stable and scalable solution that allows you to pre-configure the devices before you get them into the company
    • "I have found the location analytics feature that is built into the APs to be the most valuable. It allows you to compare data and to single out individuals who are repeatedly coming into your store. We can observe different trends. This is what separates it from a lot of the other solutions."
    • "The cost of installing this solution can be more expensive depending on who is doing the installation. Cisco is very expensive, and I'd like to see a reduction in cost."

What is our primary use case?

We use location analytics to display real-time location statistics to improve customer engagement and loyalty across all the sites. It's built into the Cisco Meraki APs at no additional cost. That's one of the things that a lot of clients like.

The data is collected by the APs, and it syncs to the Cisco Meraki cloud. This is automatically reported to the dashboard and reveals visitor traffic, trends, dwell time, news, and also repeat visitor loyalty. A lot of stores use it for this particular reason: they can gather information from repeat visitors. They can also locate single repeat visitors.

How has it helped my organization?

The Systems Manager provides over-the-air centralized management, diagnostics, and monitoring for mobile devices. It's managed by the organizations. If someone else needs to manage it, he/she can do it through Meraki cloud. However, it's usually managed by the organization itself with the use of its own protocol. It can be done on iPads, Androids, Macs, and PCs. The Systems Manager monitors each of your organization's devices, and it shows useful metrics like client hardware/software information, recent location, etc. that binds into your analytics and even lets administrators remotely lock and erase the devices.

It protects devices and their data, and it will also control usage with a passcode policy. Every device will have a passcode policy. This restricts employee access to, for example, app stores, gaming, and so on during work hours.

What is most valuable?

I have found the location analytics feature that is built into the APs to be the most valuable. It allows you to compare data and to single out individuals who are repeatedly coming into your store. We can observe different trends. This is what separates it from a lot of the other solutions.

You can have a passcode policy to restrict access and can enable device restrictions and stop people from being able to use cameras. You can allow screen capture, automatic sync when roaming, and the use of a virtual assistant, or you can actually shut all these things down as well.

What needs improvement?

The cost of installing this solution can be more expensive depending on who is doing the installation. Cisco is very expensive, and I'd like to see a reduction in cost.

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM)
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) for several years.

I think it is a very stable solution.

This solution scales extremely well.

Technical support has been prompt and very good.

The initial setup is very straightforward because they'll send you a license first, along with a username, and you get to create your password. You can go into the user dashboard before you ever get the Meraki devices sent to you and start to configure them. Everything can be configured within the dashboard itself. Once your system arrives and you're attached to the network, it will automatically report to the dashboard. The dashboard, in turn, will push out all the configurations to the devices. Everything can be pre-configured.

The setup cost can be expensive depending on who is doing the installation. Licensing can be done on a monthly basis. A lot of clients prefer to use the cloud-based option.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this solution at ten.

If you want something that's going to work and scale very well, and allow you to pre-configure the devices before you get them into the company, then Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDMEMM) is a great option.

Nestor Morillo - PeerSpot reviewer
    Engineering Manager at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    Great dashboards, easy to set up, and helpful remote wipe features
    • "It’s helped us manage our endpoints."
    • "Linux compatibility needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for controlling my endpoints. For example, at work, I use it to control all the apps installed in the company's endpoints. At home, I just use it for labs. I have my iPad, phone, and computer with the system manager of Meraki.

How has it helped my organization?

The product has improved our organization. It’s helped us manage our endpoints.

What is most valuable?

I’m also using the entire Cisco portfolio.

The dashboards are great.

The product has an interesting feature called remote wipe. When you finish using an endpoint, and you just want to delete all everything, you can do it using remote wipe That's very helpful. It's pretty handy to have it.

Its initial setup is pretty simple and straightforward.

The solution is stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

Linux compatibility needs improvement. The datasheet, the instructions, and the documentation say it works with Linux. However, we haven't had a great experience getting it to work. It works very well with Microsoft, however. We need better workability on Linux. That's something that maybe they maybe want to improve.

I’ve been using the solution for three years.

It's pretty stable. We haven't had problems. Besides implementations on Linux, we haven't had problems. There have been some small issues with Windows. However, everything worked well in the end.

The product can scale. It is definitely something that you can deploy on small businesses or very big companies.

We have around 50 people using the solution.

Each time we had an issue, we would open a case. However, in the end, we fixed it ourselves. We haven't had too many issues that we couldn’t fix in the end on our own. That’s not just Meraki. That’s Cisco.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We tested IBM MaaS 360. We haven't deployed yet. We're just doing some tests to get used to the competition.

The initial setup was very simple. It took maybe two weeks to deploy. 70% was deployed in the first week. It got delayed due to the fact that we had endpoints in other cities and stuff like that. It wasn’t overly difficult and did not take a long time to get up and running.

We only require two people to handle deployment and maintenance tasks.

We are a Cisco integrator. We can handle the setup ourselves.

I don’t have any details regarding the licensing or costs involved.

It’s my understanding that, as partners, we have special licenses. System Manager is free for us. We're paying for the licenses for the switches and MX and everything else.

What other advice do I have?

We’re resellers and integrators.

I’m using the latest version of the solution.

I also have a Meraki network at home. I use it for labs, for my home and my devices, and my personal devices. I'm using them with the system on there, Meraki. I also use it professionally and use both on-premise and cloud deployments.

I’d rate the solution nine out of ten. If it was better with Linux, I’d rate it higher.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: integrator
    Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM)
    September 2022
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    ICT at a government with 51-200 employees
    I can manage everything from one dashboard.
    • "The cloud manager is user-friendly, and I can manage everything from one dashboard."
    • "Cisco's authorized scripting can be complicated. For example, we sometimes enter the wrong code using this script, and then we had to dictate to find the problem."

What is most valuable?

The cloud manager is user-friendly, and I can manage everything from one dashboard.

What needs improvement?

Cisco's authorized scripting can be complicated. For example, we sometimes enter the wrong code using this script, and then we had to dictate to find the problem.

We've been using Cisco Meraki for about one and a half years.

Cisco Meraki is simple and robust. But sometimes, the internet connection in Indonesia is not stable. Meraki shows you have disconnected from the internet. This is only for 30 seconds or one minute, and then I get an email from the system that the connection has been lost. I do not know how to change the setup, so I keep getting this message from the Meraki system.

The scalability is fine for me. It's excellent. I like the resurfacing. Cisco has a dual power supply, which is good because the electricity is unstable in Indonesia. I prefer to have a dual power supply from a different source. That makes life much easier.

The initial setup of Meraki is simple, but I think Cisco can be difficult overall. Cisco needs a foolproof design where you cannot possibly make a mistake. If you make a mistake with this, you have a problem throughout the whole network. We have an internal team for deployment. We also have some programmers from another country, and we do collaborative work with them.

Cisco is too expensive. Cisco is the host for the enterprise system, and I'm still using Cisco for switches. Some switches cost $2,000 to $4,000. I've been using Cisco for 10 to 15 years, and it has never failed. I'm happy with Cisco, but the price is too high. The total cost for my site can get up to $15,000. It's not too hard to convince management at that price, but if it goes over $20,000, that's a tough sell.

I've used Cisco Meraki for most of my career and only recently discovered that there are so many cloud alternatives, so I'm considering switching to another vendor like Ubiquiti, Ruckus, or Aruba. Some aren't compatible with Cisco, but the price is lower. Still, it's hard for me to convince management to make the switch because they only know Cisco. That's the problem.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Cisco Meraki Sytems Manager nine out of 10. I still recommend it to my colleagues at other organizations. It's expensive, but you will have fewer headaches in the future. And the future is Cisco backups, so you don't have to worry. It's a significant upfront investment, but when you consider the cost over five or six years, it's worth it. You cannot say that $20,000 is a considerable expense because it will last five years. However, if you're spending $40,000, the annual cost is much greater.

Tomasz Waśko - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Specialist at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Easy to use with excellent analysis of traffic and configuration capabilities
    • "The solution is straightforward to set up."
    • "The solution can be expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution in order to see devices connected to the network here.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has improved our organization by allowing us to shed some light on how things work in our network.

What is most valuable?

The analysis of traffic and configuration capabilities are the most valuable aspects for us.

The solution is straightforward to set up.

The solution seems to be scalable.

It's very stable and reliable.

So far, it's been very clean and easy to use. We can find proper settings and information easily even though we are rather new to the product.

What needs improvement?

We have used it for too short of a time to have thoughts about what might be missing; we still need to get more familiar with it.

The solution can be expensive.

I've been using the solution for half a year.

The solution is stable and reliable. I can confirm we haven't had issues. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's good so far.

As the solution is only partially deployed, it's hard to gauge how many people are on it or will be on it.

However, as a cloud solution, it seems to be very scalable.

I haven't directly dealt with technical support.

We are currently testing systems from both Cisco and Microsoft. This is the first implementation. We did not have anything previously.

This was a cloud implementation, however, I don't really have any details about the process. My understanding was that it was straightforward. Setting up the initial infrastructure took about one month.

There were only two or three people handling the deployment and maintenance.

There was a Cisco engineer helping us with configuration.

We have not seen an ROI as we are in the proof of concept phase and still would need to do a full implementation.

From what I read, it's rather expensive, however, I have no access to such details in terms of what our contract costs.

The solution was ultimately chosen by the organization. I'm unsure as to if there were other options looked at.

What other advice do I have?

We are just end-users of the product.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using.

Overall, so far, I'd rate it an eight out of ten. It's still new and I still need time to get used to it.

ICT Systems Training Officer at Resthaven Incorporated
    User-friendly solution with useful remote features
    • "Meraki Systems Manager's most valuable features are password management, device tracking, remote resetting and wiping, device management, inventory management, and easy policy deployment."
    • "There are problems with the connection on the client side, and the app that was deployed could be better."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use Meraki Systems Manager for mobile device management, including iPhones, Androids, and tablets.

What is most valuable?

Meraki Systems Manager's most valuable features are password management, device tracking, remote resetting and wiping, device management, inventory management, and easy policy deployment.

What needs improvement?

There are problems with the connection on the client side, and the app that was deployed could be better. It probably had a few bugs because it needed all the synchronizations to be clean, and that was user-enabled. It would be better if the administrator could control this because you wouldn't be dependent on the user or need to prompt them to update the device and could see the status from the administrative cloud dashboard.

I've been using Meraki Systems Manager for more than two years.

Meraki Systems Manager is pretty stable - we didn't have too many issues with it, except when the client version was out of sync or the app had bugs or needed an update.

Meraki Systems Manager is definitely a scalable solution - you could go from a few hundred to thousands of devices.

Previously, I used MobileIron but switched to Meraki Systems Manager because it's easier to use.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward once the admin team decided on what they wanted to deploy, their group policies, and the profile. Deployment took around three months from start to finish.

We used an in-house team, but we had the administrators trained by Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

From the app management perspective, don't create a profile with all the apps sitting within it. You should have some flexibility so you don't have to update the profile every time you need an app. I would advise anyone looking to implement this solution to test how it behaves with a mix of devices and perform a gap analysis. They should also consider what level of ease they're looking for and what their pain point is. I would give Meraki Systems Manager a rating of nine out of ten.

Ahmed  Lim - PeerSpot reviewer
    Channel Pre-Sales Consultant | Cisco Technologies at Westcon-Comstor
    Reseller
    Easy to implement and simple to use but is a little bit expensive
    • "It's very easy to just keep adding devices as needed."
    • "They need to allocate more energy in terms of their offering to devices that are not Apple devices."

What is our primary use case?

Our client primarily uses the solution for compliance across a few different devices, to manage their endpoints.

What is most valuable?

The scalability is great. It's very easy to just keep adding devices as needed.

As a whole, the initial implementation process is easy.

The product itself is very easy to use.

The solution is stable.

What needs improvement?

The cost of the solution is a bit high. There are other cheaper options on the market.

Right now, all the attention is going only to the Apple devices. They need to allocate more energy in terms of their offering to devices that are not Apple devices.

I've been dealing with Cisco products for 25 years.

The product is quite stable and reliable. there are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. Its performance is decent.

The one client we have that is using it has been using it with about eight users.

The solution scales well and adding devices is not a problem. In fact, it's a very easy process. It's why our client likes it so much.

Technical support is pretty good. We have been satisfied with the level of service. you can get 24/7 help as needed.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We found it very simple to set up the solution. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process. You only need one or two technical people to handle the deployment. Not more than that.

Meraki's pricing is a little bit more expensive as compared to other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a Cisco distributor. I am only dealing with Cisco products.

We're dealing with the most recent version of the solution.

I'd recommend it to other companies. It's easy to use, easy to set up, and reliable.

Overall, I would rate the solution a seven out of ten.

MedjahedOmar - PeerSpot reviewer
    Manager Services Department at Bouygues Telecom Entreprises
    Simple solution but could have better security and more features that enable you to customize it
    • "The solution is simple."
    • "Security could be improved, and there could be more features that enable you to customize the end customer solution."

What is our primary use case?

We propose this solution in our portfolio and integrate it for end customers. We don't use it for our own needs.

We are using the latest version because we're using it on an Azure public cloud.

What is most valuable?

The solution is simple.

What needs improvement?

Security could be improved, and there could be more features that enable you to customize the end customer solution.

There is not a lot of good sales and technical organization in general, so it's difficult to have support.

I have been working with this solution for a year.

The solution is stable.

It's not really scalable because when an end customer needs a new design, it's difficult to change it.

I prefer our Fortinet solution because of its security solution features. For Meraki, it's simple, although it doesn't have a lot of features. We prefer to suggest a Fortinet solution, for example, if we want to provide a specific design and customize it.

Initial setup is straightforward.

The amount of time it takes to deploy the system really just depends on the needs of the end customer, and if it's a very specific configuration. I don't know exactly because I am not an IT engineer or a network engineer. I am a manager, and I have different people in my team to ensure these activities.

The number of people needed for maintenance just depends on the size of the project, the size of the site, and the customization. Every project is different.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 6 out of 10.

Jacobo Levy - PeerSpot reviewer
    Network Engineer at a computer software company with 1-10 employees
    Reseller
    Quick application deployment, useful management, and responsive support
    • "The most valuable features of Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) are its ability to do geofencing for devices, manage thousands of devices with only a push of a button, and quick application deployment in seconds. It's amazing. For example, in an education scenario, you can deploy an application update for thousands of iPads in two clicks."
    • "The price of the solution could be reduced."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) are its ability to do geofencing for devices, manage thousands of devices with only a push of a button, and quick application deployment in seconds. It's amazing. For example, in an education scenario, you can deploy an application update for thousands of iPads in two clicks.

The maintenance of the solution is done by setting up the schedule for updates. You select if you want the updates to automatically deploy updates for the firmware, and it automatically does it. It can manage the downtime for the devices, it doesn't bring everything down at the same time. It does the updates device by device, not everything at once. This process minimizes downtime.

I've never had an issue updating something with Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM).

What needs improvement?

The price of the solution could be reduced.

I have been using Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) for approximately five years.

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) is reliable. I have not had any downtime.

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM)is scalable.

The technical support is very responsive.

Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) is extremely easy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to choose this solution, it is money well spent.

I rate Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner/reseller
    Download our free Cisco Meraki Systems Manager (MDM+EMM) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022