IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Carbonite Server OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Carbonite Server is #21 ranked solution in top Cloud Backup tools and #36 ranked solution in best Backup and Recovery Software. PeerSpot users give Carbonite Server an average rating of 8 out of 10. Carbonite Server is most commonly compared to Veeam Backup for Office 365: Carbonite Server vs Veeam Backup for Office 365. Carbonite Server is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 50% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.

Download the Cloud Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Carbonite Server?

Carbonite Server securely replicates data to the local backup server while securing a second copy in the cloud. Granular restore and local failover options ensure rapid recovery and minimal data loss. With integrated hardware and cloud failover for critical systems, Carbonite Server provides reliable data protection.

Carbonite Server was previously known as Carbonite Recover Backup.

Carbonite Server Customers

INLINE Commercial Construction, Hamilton County

Carbonite Server Video

Archived Carbonite Server Reviews (more than two years old)

Stanley-Harish - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
MSP
The replication bytes are phenomenal and it is extremely stable
  • "The solution is very stable."
  • "In the next release I would like to see an improvement in the auto failover option."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for different things, like for DR replication for some controllers. That's our primary use case.

What is most valuable?

The replication and the time frame of the solution is very good. The replication bytes are phenomenal. Also, when you do a failover, it's just one push of a button for it to go to the DR site, that's all.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement on the management user interface, as well as Kellion integrations. Also, cloud options and virtualization are not integrated, so if that comes into the picture, it would be really nice.

We have you been using this solution for about three or four months.
Cloud Backup
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Veeam Software, Zerto and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: June 2022.
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable. I've never seen any bugs or glitches.

The solution is scalable enough for our purposes. It's all on the licensing part, so you just add the license and the you can scale. There are no issues with that. On the licensing bundle we have sold about 3,000 or more licenses. And then we have about 15 end users, all admins or integrators. We have one person for deployment and maintenance, and one person for admin.

We use our integrators for deployment and they sort out our issues solutions as well. So I haven't used the technical support option yet.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's not complex at all and I did everything myself. The deployment took about three hours to complete.

We pay 9,000 dollars per year for our license. There are no additional costs for technical support or warranties; that's all included. The pricing is moderate, and when you compare the features, it's actually fair.

I only reviewed Carbonite. It was good and I used it, so I did not evaluate any other options.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is very simple to use and I will recommend it to anybody. In the next release I would like to see an improvement in the auto failover option. Right now the failover happens, but it requires a nut bolt or something to put in between so that I can do a failover. If they could integrate an automatic failover feature with software or hardware for when my production goes down, it would be a huge benefit. I will rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Cloud Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Veeam Software, Zerto, and more!
Updated: June 2022