IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Avast Business Endpoint Protection OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Avast Business Endpoint Protection is #27 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Avast Business Endpoint Protection an average rating of 8 out of 10. Avast Business Endpoint Protection is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Avast Business Endpoint Protection vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. Avast Business Endpoint Protection is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Avast Business Endpoint Protection?

Built on the largest, most globally dispersed threat detection network in the world, Avast Business Endpoint Protection Solutions deliver superior, enterprise-grade protection that keeps small and medium businesses safe from today’s threats - and tomorrow’s.

Avast Business Endpoint Protection was previously known as Avast Endpoint Protection.

Avast Business Endpoint Protection Customers

Benassi & Benassi, P. C.

Avast Business Endpoint Protection Video

Avast Business Endpoint Protection Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Avast Business Endpoint Protection pricing:
  • "It is $75 per license for a year. There are no additional costs."
  • "If you become a partner, you will receive the wholesale price."
  • "I am using the free version."
  • "I am using the free version of Avast."
  • "There are no costs other than licensing."
  • "We are on a monthly subscription for Avast Business Endpoint Protection."
  • Avast Business Endpoint Protection Reviews

Senior Director, Platform Development at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Self-monitoring, easy to deploy, and stable
    • "The ease of deployment and the command center that they have are the most valuable. It is basically self-monitoring. It doesn't require that much tinkering after you deploy or install."
    • "It could have a 10,000-feet overview of the whole infrastructure because the software is easily installable on the whole infrastructure and not just the infrastructure, but also the workstation themselves. I would love to have a 360 view of the whole network and basically see from where a test is coming, and if there is an instance in the cloud that is actually misbehaving or if there is a workstation that is infected and stuff like that. It can also have some kind of AI to detect all those things and then cut off the connection from that machine. In Cortex, you can link the logs, reports, and all that stuff. You can also see the full picture of when it happened, and you can trace it back all the way to a file or something else. I would like to see similar functionality in Avast Business Endpoint Protection."

What is our primary use case?

We have a bunch of instances in production and Dev infrastructure. We use it to protect Linux boxes, PCs, and Macs. We are using the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

We didn't use any similar solution before, and we did not suffer from any attacks previously. We were lucky that we did not have any attacks, and we didn't suffer from anything. We got it more for compliance. To be compliant, you have to have endpoint protection. Now that we have this solution, we still haven't detected anything. Overall, the employee workforce is kind of at top of their game regarding phishing attacks, but again, you cannot always be a hundred percent on it. So far, we didn't have anything that Avast Business Endpoint Protection would actually catch.

What is most valuable?

The ease of deployment and the command center that they have are the most valuable. It is basically self-monitoring. It doesn't require that much tinkering after you deploy or install.

What needs improvement?

Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP)
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Avast Software, Microsoft, Broadcom and others in Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP). Updated: June 2022.
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using it since August, that is, for about four months.

It is stable. There are no bugs or glitches.

It is scalable. You have to purchase licenses. One thing that we have is that the instances are mostly kind of static. Once they go up, they remain for at least a year or something like that. Therefore, we didn't have a case where you have a license just hanging there. I don't know if they offer any kind of flexible amount, pool, or something like that. It is being used throughout the company. We have 40 people. It is used to protect every personal computer and the whole production and developer infrastructure.

I haven't used their technical support so far.

I used Norton 360 previously in a different company. From a resource standpoint, it is not resource-intensive like Norton. We actually wanted to go with Norton 360 in my current company, but we could not get hold of them, and we could not purchase. That's the worst experience that we had. We wanted to give them money, but they couldn't be reached to actually schedule.

It was straightforward.

It is $75 per license for a year. There are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

It is pretty much straightforward to set up. Installation and updates are the only two steps. If you're setting up your company from scratch in the beginning, then I would suggest to buy it and then basically get it installed on every image. For a bigger company or for each personal computer or workstation, you can install it as an image. It will then already be there, and you don't have to bother with installing it later. For your cloud infrastructure, if you have an AMI, AWS, or any kind of image, that image should be updated with that software. The only thing that you need to change is the license. I would rate Avast Business Endpoint Protection a nine out of ten. For a ten, it should have a 360 kind of view of the whole organization or the whole infrastructure.

CEO at Premier Wired Solutions
    Easy to scale, good reports, easy to install and has excellent support
    • "Our favorite feature is the PC Patch Management."
    • "It reduces network and bandwidth speed."

What is our primary use case?

We have several customers who do not like the Office 365 solution. Many of them have an exchange server and we Avast Business Endpoint Protection to assist us with the intrusion detections of people attempting to break into the server in order to use it for the large concept that they would be using now as the new virus set that attacks each PC on, one of the common viruses. And Avast is a big help with that, specifically for those who do not have Office 365 in their environment.

What is most valuable?

Our favorite feature is the PC Patch Management. It displays all of the most recent updates for each PC and then explains why a particular PC refuses to install certain Patch Management. It could be a software issue or that the PC is too old, but Avast has a nice report that tells you exactly what's going on with each PC and why it's not accepting a particular patch or update.

They have very nice reports.

What needs improvement?

It reduces network and bandwidth speed. We cope with our bandwidth in order to use it.

The majority of the complaints we receive are about the PC running slower. The network is slower as a result of the increased bandwidth usage.

I would like to see the reports simplified for those who are not technically minded. Some of these reports can be confusing, and I'd love to be able to send them to my clients.

An IT person would be able to understand them, but a client who does not have an IT background would find it difficult. I would like the language should be easier for them to understand.

Avast Business Endpoint Protection was first used by us in 2018 when it was known as AVG. We chose Norton, and in the last year, we switched back to Avast Business Endpoint Protection.

We are using the latest version.

It is a stable product, but we did encounter a bug because the PC was not in the domain, but we were able to resolve it after contacting the Management team. The team is excellent, they called us back within 10 mins.

Avast Business Endpoint Protection is very easy to scale.

In our organization, we have over 300 users.

Technical support is very good.

Previously, we were working with Norton. We switched from Norton to Avast because we believe Avast is far superior. It's a better solution, especially for PC management.

The initial setup is easy. Simply connect it to your network, and it will scan your network and tell you how many PCs you have, after which you can deploy it. You are not required to visit each PC. It is extremely simple.

If you become a partner, you will receive the wholesale price. It all depends on whether or not you have a good partner because they charge you $2 per PC or $1 per PC, depending on how long you have been a partner. However, depending on who is selling it to you, you may be able to give that client for as little as three or four dollars per PC.

I get a dollar per PC, and I don't even charge my clients because I've had them for so long and I have so many different ways to earn revenue, that I don't need to charge them more for Avast, I give them whatever price they give me.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend that anyone working with Norton change immediately. It has a devastating impact on the PC and the CPU. The life of your computer appears to be deteriorating.

I would rate Avast Business Endpoint Protection a nine out of ten.

Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP)
    June 2022
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Product Consultant at a comms service provider with 11-50 employees
    Stable, scalable, easy to use and easy to install, but the security could be better for the free version
    • "It warns you if there is a threat and it's perfect because it runs in the background and doesn't interfere with anything."
    • "I would like to see better protection and more spyware included with the free version."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution to protect against viruses.

How has it helped my organization?

N/A

What is most valuable?

It's easy to use.

It warns you if there is a threat and it's perfect because it runs in the background and doesn't interfere with anything. As a free product, it is top of its class, with this solution installed I am not concerned about threats to my PC.

Overall, it's really good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better protection. That's what you want from an antivirus solution.

Maybe with the paid version, you get more but for the free version, it could be limited.

I would like to see better protection such as prevention from hacker attacks and fake websites.

I have been using Avast Free Endpoint Protection for a couple of years.

It's a stable solution. It just runs in the background with no problem. I have never had an instance where it has interfered with the normally running of my PC.

Yes, I believe that it is very scalable and is suitable for individuals and organisations.

I have not had to contact technical support as the product is stable and does what it is designed for, no frills, just good protection.

Previously, I have used McAfee. McAfee is really good, but you only get a trial period, and then you need to pay. I had to reinstall it on my computer recently, and McAfee comes up.

I'm on the one-month free subscription but it does get irritating because it keeps popping up, wanting me to pay for it.

The installation is easy. It takes less than five minutes to download and install.

I completed the installation myself via website download.

I am using the free version.

I know that if you pay for it, you get better protection such as hiding your pc behind firewalls, hacker threats, data protection and webcam shielding.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution and I have recommended it to others

I would rate Avast Free Endpoint Protection a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Sahil Vijay - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Oracle Analytics Cloud Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
    Lightweight, always active with prompt threat scanning, and offers good protection from external data sources
    • "The performance is good compared to other products that slow down the laptop, post-installation."
    • "It should have proper and timely updates to deal with new viruses as they come onto the market."

What is our primary use case?

I use Avast for endpoint protection, including antivirus.

It is mainly used for laptops, securing from any virus threat, specifically from the internet. It also protects against external data sources such as a hard drive or pen drive, which are connected externally to the laptop.

What is most valuable?

This product is always active. Whenever I perform an internet search or an external device is connected, it promptly scans and identifies any problems. It looks directly at the data packets.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Avast Business Endpoint Protection for the past two years.

This is a stable product.

I have only installed it on my personal laptop, and I am the only user, so I have not tested the scalability.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I have used similar solutions by Symantec, McAfee, and others. The problem with those is that after the product was installed, the performance of the laptop deteriorated. It becomes slow. After installing Avast, this did not happen.

The solution that I was using immediately before Avast was McAfee, which was approximately two years ago.

The installation is straightforward. It takes between five and six minutes to complete.

I completed the deployment myself.

I am using the free version of Avast.

I would be prepared to pay for a product that has good features. However, it should be cost-effective. As a personal user, I cannot spend a lot on licensing. It should be a yearly subscription and be available at a reasonable cost.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it.

Business Development Manager at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    Antivirus software that does the job with useful cleaning tools and VPN

What is our primary use case?

I use Avast as my primary antivirus solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the antivirus itself, the PC cleaning that removes trash files and clears space on the PC, and the VPN.

What needs improvement?

Making the price a bit cheaper would be an improvement.

I've been using Avast for years.

The stability of Avast is fine.

Avast's scalability is fine.

The initial setup was straightforward - I'd rate the experience as five out of five.

There are no costs other than licensing.

What other advice do I have?

Avast as a product is as easy as it gets - everything is outlined and transparent in terms of licensing. I would rate it nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
    ZelalemGedefie - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior System Administrator at Debre Markos University
    Straightforward installation, easy to use, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use Avast Business Endpoint Protection for protection against viruses.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing more security.

I have been using Avast Business Endpoint Protection for approximately six years.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately 1,000 users using this solution in my organization.

We have used Microsoft Defender.

The installation was simple, and it did not take very long.

We did the implementation of the solution ourselves and we have a team that does the maintenance.

We are on a monthly subscription for Avast Business Endpoint Protection.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Avast Business Endpoint Protection an eight out of ten.

Download our free Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Avast Software, Microsoft, Broadcom, and more!
    Updated: June 2022