Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Acumatica OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Acumatica is #6 ranked solution in top Cloud ERP tools and #13 ranked solution in top CRM tools. PeerSpot users give Acumatica an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Acumatica is most commonly compared to NetSuite ERP: Acumatica vs NetSuite ERP. Acumatica is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.

Download the CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Acumatica?

Acumatica is the world’s fastest-growing provider of cloud business management software, with the industry’s highest customer satisfaction rating. And that’s not a coincidence. We offer a unified, modern business management platform designed to help today’s small and medium-sized businesses connect every facet of their operations. With Acumatica, the information you need to make critical decisions is right at your fingertips, wherever you are. Our technology and licensing are designed to be flexible and growth-friendly—adapting gracefully to the changing needs of growing businesses and freeing you up to focus on delighting more customers.

Acumatica Customers

Additive-X, Carlson-LaVine Inc, Cornell Cooperative Extension, Alpha Insulation and Waterproofing, Dukathole Group, Eagle Fence Distributing, Clive Coffee

Acumatica Video

Acumatica Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Acumatica pricing:
"It is very expensive for a small business. If you're a small business, it is not a very good solution in that aspect, but if you are big and have more manufacturing, it is well worth it. It comes with the ability to integrate with one website. We had to modify ours. We customized it so that we could do hundreds of websites. In Texas, I believe that we were the only one ever to be integrated with hundreds of websites. So, the development of our API probably cost us a hundred grand, and then there would be maintenance. That's all outside of the standard licensing fee."

Acumatica Reviews

Jody Lorincz - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Manager at MHR Brands
Provided one solution for everything and housed everything for us
  • "The way everything integrated well with everything else was most valuable. We had one solution for everything, from the first phone call down to follow-up visits for wholesale callers and for just regular purchases."
  • "We should be able to personalize it for the company. There should be more customization of the pages so that they seem more like a company rather than as an outside company. We should be able to change company images and things like that and do this kind of personalization."

What is our primary use case?

I used it in my previous company. I'm not with that company anymore, but it is still being used there. Three months ago would be the last time I implemented it.

Acumatica did everything. From our shipping platform, we integrated it with our website for drop shipping and our manufacturing. Everything was run through Acumatica, such as sales and customer management.

It was a cloud-based service. Our instance was hosted on a server at Acumatica, and then we had the modules for manufacturing.

How has it helped my organization?

Having everything in one database made it a lot easier in the long run. If we needed anything, we didn't have to check in multiple systems. We could just log in to Acumatica.

What is most valuable?

It housed everything for us, such as customer information, product information, product changes, and pictures for the product. We had everything linked so that it would automatically integrate with our website.

What needs improvement?

Some of the customization features are a little bit difficult to use if you're not really well-versed in SQL. Other than that, it is pretty cut and dry for the end-user.

We should be able to personalize it for the company. There should be more customization of the pages so that they seem more like a company rather than as an outside company. We should be able to change company images and things like that and do this kind of personalization.

It is very expensive for a small business.

CRM
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Acumatica, Salesforce, Microsoft and others in CRM. Updated: September 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It seems to be pretty stable. We never had an outage. Occasionally, when it was doing an update, it might slow down a little bit, but other than that, it was functioning as we needed it.

It scales well for medium to large businesses to enterprises, but it is not very good at the smaller end of this. It is not something your local grocery stores or your local smaller businesses would want to use.

In terms of users, we had, at the most, 40 users in the house. We had the portal set up on ours. So, all of our dropship customers or wholesale customers could actually go in and order directly from it. If you counted that, then there were a hundred users.

All of the tech support was handled through the value-added reseller. So, we had an assigned representative from the value-added reseller with whom we worked directly.

We used Salesforce, but it wasn't as versatile.

I wasn't there during the initial deployment, but during one of the upgrade processes, they did botch the integration. So, we had a few issues, and we had to actually start from scratch, but with the import and export scenarios, it was not very difficult. You can set up the entire database and do the whole setup in an hour on a computer. From there, use the import and export scenarios to handle everything. Overall, it takes a couple of hours. One person can deploy it.

Maintenance was done by the value-added reseller. The value-added reseller is the link between the corporate and the end customer. So, they handle all the updates and everything that's needed.

The company saw a return on investment from using this product. It definitely pays for itself, and as long as it covers itself, it is good.

It comes with the ability to integrate with one website. We had to modify ours. We customized it so that we could do hundreds of websites. In Texas, I believe that we were the only one ever to be integrated with hundreds of websites. So, the development of our API probably cost us a hundred grand, and then there would be maintenance. That's all outside of the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise having somebody on staff who is familiar with SQL. If you want to put up any kind of special pages and want to have a kind of general inquiry or you want any calculations, you have to be able to write SQL. So, that's the biggest issue.

I would rate Acumatica an eight out of 10.

Other
Download our free CRM Report and find out what your peers are saying about Acumatica, Salesforce, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: September 2022