Zephyr Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zephyr Enterprise is the #4 ranked solution in top Quality Management Tools. PeerSpot users give Zephyr Enterprise an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Zephyr Enterprise is most commonly compared to TestRail by Gurock: Zephyr Enterprise vs TestRail by Gurock. Zephyr Enterprise is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Test Management Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Zephyr Enterprise?

Zephyr Enterprise is a robust enterprise test management platform that manages all aspects of the testing lifecycle. The solution is provided as an on-premise installation as well as a SaaS-based installation. Zephyr Enterprise enables you to make a rigid process flow flexible enough to accommodate changes. In addition, it provides all the functionality QA teams and testers need in order to create and execute test cases with less effort, allowing more time to do actual testing by alleviating significant time-wasting steps.

Zephyr Enterprise Features

Zephyr Enterprise has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Visual dashboards
  • Industry-strength scalability
  • Documented APIs
  • Regular maintenance and upgrades

Zephyr Enterprise Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing Zephyr Enterprise. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Ready-to-use reports and customizable dashboards: With Zephyr Enterprise, reports and dashboards are updated in real time and you can share test results and link with your team in Jira to connect any known issues. In addition, the solution helps you increase workflow efficiency because it improves info sharing during standup meetings.
  • Supports bi-directional and multi-instance Jira integration: Not only does Zephyr Enterprise support bi-directional and multi-instance Jira integration, but it also gives you the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously – up to 200,000 test cases.
  • Global repository for test cases: Zephyr Enterprise helps you create, categorize, and store your test cases via a global repository that can be shared across your entire organization. You can also quickly reuse test cases using the structured folder management.
  • Test execution: Zephyr Enterprise makes it possible for you to execute tests step by step, manage pass/fail status, and launch automated execution, then file those defects into Jira. Zephyr Enterprise test executions allow teams to operate in a more efficient way.

• Universal test automation: Zephyr Enterprise supports a wide range of automation frameworks, helping you decrease operational costs and increase test coverage.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the Zephyr Enterprise solution.

A Manager of Enterprise Applications at a retailer says what’s most valuable is that “It's very easy and simple to use, which is beneficial. It has 90% of the basic features you need without having to pay a lot of extra money.” He also adds, “Zephyr Enterprise is very stable and the initial setup is straightforward.”

Jawaad A., Test Automation Lead at Trapeze, explains, "It has many features, but the main things that we need are the test cycles and integration with automation because we have automation for the web and mobile applications. We use it for test case management to run the test cases and get the results. At this moment, it is fulfilling our requirements. We are able to get the test execution report and the test pass and fail report. This summary is delivered to our management."

Zephyr Enterprise was previously known as SmartBear Zephyr.

Zephyr Enterprise Customers

Hyundai, Fujitsu, Google, David Jones, Burger King, Ingenico, Websense, Dow Jones, Harris, Saab

Zephyr Enterprise Video

Archived Zephyr Enterprise Reviews (more than two years old)

reviewer1271241 - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Lightweight, flexible, and generates good reports
  • "If anyone is looking for a good, lightweight, flexible and agile test management product, I think they would do very well with Zephyr Enterprise."
  • "Creating better default varieties of reporting would make the product much better and more popular."

What is our primary use case?

We use Zephyr Enterprise for the entire testing process from beginning to end.

How has it helped my organization?

Zephyr Enterprise has improved how our organization functions. In the guide itself, they give us different kinds of processes that can be implemented. There is the mature process, the initiated process, and the over the structure process.

The guidance is already there and the process depends on the organization's needs. With a mature process, you can get a lot of test metrics out of it. I would say our organization wanted the highest maturity process.

What is most valuable?

In terms of its most valuable features, Zephyr is very lightweight and flexible. It is flexible in terms of the kind of the linkages it can do, the variety of updates, how everyone can see it, and how you can mail it.

Additionally, because of its capability for multiple users and multiple things happening simultaneously, people really get a good world view of what is going on, including the updates. Plus, all of this happens quickly.

Finally, the kind of reports that it generates is great.

What needs improvement?

Their version of test cases can be improved. Right now, all updates just get the latest version. But there is no version in the test cases. You can only know the version based on your comparison. In other words, the test case versioning is not there. I think Red Quality Center does give a versioning of use cases. This aspect can definitely be improved.

Additionally, they could improve the daily reporting. It does generate reports, but they are screen based reports. It would be good if they enhanced the default reports with a variety of reports that every organization would need. Customization can be done, but creating better default varieties of reporting would make the product much better and more popular.

November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, IDERA, Micro Focus and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Zephyr Enterprise for about six months.

In terms of stability, it is stable. I didn't experience any instability.

The product is scalable. I don't have the exact number, but many people are using it in our organization.

I didn't do the setup, I only used it, so I don't know about that. However, after using it, I found it really intuitive.

What other advice do I have?

If anyone is looking for a good, lightweight, flexible and agile test management product, I think they would do very well with Zephyr Enterprise.

It can be implemented at whatever stage they are in improving their testing process, gradually getting into a high-security test process. In that way, it is flexible, easy to adopt, and quickly understood.

I like the product very much. On a scale of one to ten, I would give Zephyr Enterprise a nine.

QA Supervisor at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It has integration with test automation tools. Needs support for the agile and BDD approaches.
  • "It has integration with test automation tools."
  • "We would like support for the agile and behavior-driven development (BDD) approaches."

What is our primary use case?

Test repository is our primary usage. It was working fine, especially with the waterfall approach. With waterfall products, it worked but now we are transitioning to an agile model. This is where we are having challenges, and one of the reasons that we are looking for a different tool.

How has it helped my organization?

Earlier test artifacts used to be maintained either in a shared drive or somewhere in Excel spreadsheet. Now, we are getting consolidated reports in one place. We have all our metrics and repository together, and this is helpful.

What is most valuable?

It has integration with test automation tools. Our test automation is very important to us.

More than five years.

The product is good and stable.

Scalability is okay. I have heard Zephyr Enterprise will be coming out with a cloud version which will be able to scale to a large size.

The technical support is good.

For the related features it supports, on a scale of one to 10, it is around a seven. The features have support, but it is minimal today. We are looking for advanced support with integration to CI tools. This is something which Zephyr does not have today.

I was not involved in the initial setup.

The vendors currently on our shortlist are Zephyr, Micro Focus, JIRA, and qTest.

What other advice do I have?

Look for a global solution which fits enterprise-wide and has a good dashboard. It should include metrics at all levels and have quality at every stage in the lifecycle. If a tool can fit these criteria, it will be a good option.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: These days, we are looking for the following:

1. We are looking for agile and behavior-driven development support.
  2. We want to integrate with our in-house and automation tools.
  3. Cost matters.
November 2022
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user738735 - PeerSpot reviewer
QA Engineer at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Improves the testing of the product on many levels through planning, test case creation, automation goals, etc.

What is most valuable?

• Organizing the knowledge for the product.
  • Easy test execution plans.

How has it helped my organization?

• Mainly knowledge transfer and better team communication.
  • Test cases verification and acceptance criteria clearance.
  • Improves the testing of the product on many levels - planning, test case creation, automation goals, test reporting, and verification of the testing.

What needs improvement?

The only thing I have missed is an easy way to configure showing the latest execution results of all test cases linked in JIRA (story/epic), thus, receiving the state of a feature.

One year.

No. I didn't use Zephyr when account issues with JIRA cloud occurred this spring.

Actually, I've never used the support. I asked the question in some forum, but didn't receive answers. If that forum is the support, it gets a bad rate.

TestLink. Switched because Zephyr has:

• Much better UI
  • Better functionalities
  • Bug tracking integration.

I used the system after it was already configured and integrated.

I advised my current team to start using it. I have no idea about the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Don't take in mind only the price, this product really improves your organization.

Download our free Test Management Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, IDERA, Micro Focus, and more!
Updated: November 2022