Zephyr Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zephyr Enterprise is the #4 ranked solution in top Quality Management Tools. PeerSpot users give Zephyr Enterprise an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Zephyr Enterprise is most commonly compared to TestRail by Gurock: Zephyr Enterprise vs TestRail by Gurock. Zephyr Enterprise is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Test Management Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Zephyr Enterprise?

Zephyr Enterprise is a robust enterprise test management platform that manages all aspects of the testing lifecycle. The solution is provided as an on-premise installation as well as a SaaS-based installation. Zephyr Enterprise enables you to make a rigid process flow flexible enough to accommodate changes. In addition, it provides all the functionality QA teams and testers need in order to create and execute test cases with less effort, allowing more time to do actual testing by alleviating significant time-wasting steps.

Zephyr Enterprise Features

Zephyr Enterprise has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Visual dashboards
  • Industry-strength scalability
  • Documented APIs
  • Regular maintenance and upgrades

Zephyr Enterprise Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing Zephyr Enterprise. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Ready-to-use reports and customizable dashboards: With Zephyr Enterprise, reports and dashboards are updated in real time and you can share test results and link with your team in Jira to connect any known issues. In addition, the solution helps you increase workflow efficiency because it improves info sharing during standup meetings.
  • Supports bi-directional and multi-instance Jira integration: Not only does Zephyr Enterprise support bi-directional and multi-instance Jira integration, but it also gives you the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously – up to 200,000 test cases.
  • Global repository for test cases: Zephyr Enterprise helps you create, categorize, and store your test cases via a global repository that can be shared across your entire organization. You can also quickly reuse test cases using the structured folder management.
  • Test execution: Zephyr Enterprise makes it possible for you to execute tests step by step, manage pass/fail status, and launch automated execution, then file those defects into Jira. Zephyr Enterprise test executions allow teams to operate in a more efficient way.

• Universal test automation: Zephyr Enterprise supports a wide range of automation frameworks, helping you decrease operational costs and increase test coverage.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the Zephyr Enterprise solution.

A Manager of Enterprise Applications at a retailer says what’s most valuable is that “It's very easy and simple to use, which is beneficial. It has 90% of the basic features you need without having to pay a lot of extra money.” He also adds, “Zephyr Enterprise is very stable and the initial setup is straightforward.”

Jawaad A., Test Automation Lead at Trapeze, explains, "It has many features, but the main things that we need are the test cycles and integration with automation because we have automation for the web and mobile applications. We use it for test case management to run the test cases and get the results. At this moment, it is fulfilling our requirements. We are able to get the test execution report and the test pass and fail report. This summary is delivered to our management."

Zephyr Enterprise was previously known as SmartBear Zephyr.

Zephyr Enterprise Customers

Hyundai, Fujitsu, Google, David Jones, Burger King, Ingenico, Websense, Dow Jones, Harris, Saab

Zephyr Enterprise Video

Zephyr Enterprise Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Zephyr Enterprise pricing:
  • "It costs a couple of thousand dollars for a little more than 125 users, per month."
  • "DFS is more expensive than Zephyr. DFS is around $32 per person, whereas Zephyr is $10 per person. There is a major difference in the price, which is the main reason why we are trying to shift to Zephyr."
  • Zephyr Enterprise Reviews

Manager Enterprise Applications at a retailer with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Zero maintenance, with excellent technical support, easy to install and use
    • "It has 90% of the basic features you need without having to pay a lot of extra money."
    • "The reporting, and the ability to reorganize the test repository, which are a little stifling. There is definitely room for improvement there."

What is most valuable?

It's very simple to use, which is beneficial.

What needs improvement?

The reporting, and the ability to reorganize the test repository, which are a little stifling. There is definitely room for improvement there. Those are most likely the two major areas.

It was formerly known as TM4J, or Test Management for Jira, which is now called the Zephyr Scale from SmartBear.

It's an add-on for Jira. We run Jira in the cloud in several instances, and it's a plug-in that allows us to do test and defect management within Jira, within the SmartBear product.

Zephyr Enterprise is very stable. We have a problem once a year, which is extremely rare.

Test Management Tools
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, IDERA, Micro Focus and others in Test Management Tools. Updated: November 2022.
    655,994 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is simple to scale because you only pay by the user in the cloud.

Over the last few years, our practice has had between 100 and 200 users, We have scaled up, and we have scaled back.

We have probably used technical support for a handful of tickets, and they are responsive. I would give them an A, out of five, I would give them five.

Atlassian and Jira are two tools that we use. SmartBear is used for defect management and other similar purposes.

We want to expand our testing practice and incorporate test automation. As a result, we currently have a very limited toolset.

Inside Atlassian, I tend to focus on this tool. The SmartBear is a plug-in inside of Jira, which is an Atlassian product.

I have been working with Jira for two years. We use it to manage our backlog, and then we do defect management and defect management within Jira.

Life of the application It is not the entire life cycle. It's simply JIRA. I guess it's a standard JIRA function, nothing special about it.

It is simple to use.

It's in the cloud, and you pay per user.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's pretty much out of the box.

We don't require anyone to maintain this solution because everything is on the cloud. We have zero maintenance.

I am seeking a solution for my company right now.

What other advice do I have?

If they're just getting started and don't want to invest in a high-end product, they should consider it. Some of these tools are quite pricey. It's certainly worth a look at to get started, which is exactly what we did. We have been running it for a couple of years now, we'll see if we grow out of it or if we need to stick with it, but it's certainly a good starting point.

I would rate Zephyr Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Jawaad Aslam - PeerSpot reviewer
    Lead Automation Architect at Contour
    Useful for test case management and automation integration, but it should have a utility for automation integration
    • "It has many features, but the main things that we need are the test cycles and integration with automation because we have automation for the web and mobile applications. We use it for test case management to run the test cases and get the results. At this moment, it is fulfilling our requirements. We are able to get the test execution report and the test pass and fail report. This summary is delivered to our management."
    • "We have a lot of automation for our products, and we require a utility for its integration with automation. Currently, we have to write this utility ourselves. It would be great if they can provide such a utility."

What is our primary use case?

We have been working with DFS for almost six or seven years. We have a lot of automation in our own framework, and DFS is supporting that framework. We have integrated DFS with our automation framework.

We moved to JIRA because of the cost. We needed a test management solution, and we are in the process of finalizing Zephyr for that. The management is yet to decide whether we move to Zephyr or continue with DFS. We are still using DFS for most of our projects. For some of the projects, we are using Zephyr. We are using continuous integration while doing the deployment to Bamboo.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We haven't had any issues so far. Its stability is good.

We haven't had any issues so far. Currently, around eight users are using Zephyr, and 50 plus users are using DFS, but they will move to Zephyr very soon.

I have not contacted them.

We have been working with DFS for almost six or seven years. We moved to JIRA because of the cost. We needed a test management solution, and we have almost finalized Zephyr for that.

DFS is more expensive than Zephyr, but it is a very strong solution. For JIRA, in comparison to other solutions, such as TestRail, Zephyr is good, but it is not as good as DFS.

The DevOps team and the network team are basically responsible for the setup of all such things. The initial setup was done by them. I just recommended the solution with the pros and cons.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to go for a tool that meets or fulfills your needs. I am currently exploring how to shift the test cases from DFS to JIRA or Zephyr. If we decide to go with Zephyr, we have around 3,000 to 4,000 test cases written in DFS that need to be shifted to Zephyr.

I would rate Zephyr Enterprise a seven out of ten.

Download our free Test Management Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, IDERA, Micro Focus, and more!
    Updated: November 2022