We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service is #23 ranked solution in top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software. PeerSpot users give WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service an average rating of 6 out of 10. WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service is most commonly compared to Cisco Sourcefire SNORT: WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service vs Cisco Sourcefire SNORT. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
What is WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service?

Online attacks and malware continue to evolve, using sophisticated methods to exploit victims. WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service (IPS) provides a preemptive approach to network security that adds an essential layer of threat detection and prevention. IPS protects your network from a wide range of malicious activities, including SQL injections, cross-site scripting, and buffer overflows.

WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service was previously known as WatchGuard IPS.

Download the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service Customers
Chester School District
WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service Video

WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service Pricing Advice

What users are saying about WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service pricing:
  • "The price of WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service is pretty reasonable compared to similar solutions."
  • "It is not expensive. Other products like Fortinet and Check Point are of the same price."
  • "The price of the solution is not expensive, it is less than FortiGate."
  • WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service Reviews

Abdul Malik Mohammed
    Senior System Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    Provides easy-to-use, real-time protection but the customer support could be improved
    • "It works right out of the box. You just have to enable it and you can start working."
    • "Regarding technical support, they could use more engineers."

What is our primary use case?

We use WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service to secure our servers. It's usually deployed to protect the whole network and the service.

What is most valuable?

It works right out of the box. You just have to enable it and you can start working. I have worked with other firewalls as well. With other solutions, you have to do a lot of tweaking. WatchGuard is pretty simple to use and easy to pick up.

What needs improvement?

It's pretty simple. It's very user friendly. I don't really see a way to simplify it further.

I have been using this solution for more than four years.

It's definitely stable. Sometimes there are some issues, but they usually get fixed with the updates — it automatically updates.

In terms of scalability, the interface and everything remains the same. If you go for a very small device or even a very large device, the user fee and the user experience is the same. So, obviously, you should go for a large device. At any time, if you are willing to upgrade, if you want to scale up, then you can just buy a new device and deploy it. The best thing is that you can just migrate the same configuration from a small device to a larger employee's device.

Regarding technical support, they could use more engineers. There is less support from engineers and they give you less time. There is always room for improvement regarding the support.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It can be deployed within three to four hours.

The price of WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service is pretty reasonable compared to similar solutions. The pricing is pretty competitive.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of seven. If they made it more stable and improved customer support, I would give them a higher rating.

It is mostly for small to medium-sized businesses. Usually, large organizations have different requirements and they look for different kinds of products.

Vatsal-Shah
    Assistant Technical Manager at Bluefive Technologies (P) Ltd.
    Good VPN and filtering features, 100% stable, but needs a better graphical user interface and more training
    • "The VPN and the filtering features are the most valuable. Its VPN is very strong, and its services are very nice. The main problem in India is the service. There are not enough Check Point and Fortinet Firewall services, but for this product, the service is very good."
    • "Its graphical user interface could be improved because not everybody is technical. There is a lack of knowledge, and they can give some training for this solution."

What is our primary use case?

We basically use this solution to filter traffic so that the network can be secured and no one can hack the network. We are using WatchGuard as a gateway security product. It is installed on the gateway to filter the traffic for our network, stop access to malicious websites, and protect our interwork network from any kind of hack attempt from outside.

We are also using the VPN feature. The traffic is encrypted via a VPN, and no one can hack it. We are using the latest version of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The VPN and the filtering features are the most valuable. Its VPN is very strong, and its services are very nice.

What needs improvement?

Its graphical user interface could be improved because not everybody is technical. There is a lack of knowledge, and they can give some training for this solution.

I have been using this solution for three months.

It is 100% stable. Our technical team had tested this product before buying it.

We have approximately 500 to 700 users who are using this solution in our company.

I haven't used their support.

It is easy to install. If we have all the required information about static IP, private and personal IPs, and network series, it takes just 10 to 15 minutes to install.

We have seven technical guys for its deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would 100% recommend this solution to others. We plan to keep using this solution in the future.

I would rate WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about WatchGuard, Cisco, Trend Micro and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: January 2022.
    564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Mourad Aissi
    Director of Information Systems at Onomo hotels
    Complicated setup, but reliable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

I use WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service for all our properties for network security.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature of this solution is the SLAs.

What needs improvement?

Multi properties could be added to the solution in the future to make it better.

I have been using WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service for approximately three years.

The solution is stable.

WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service is scalable.

The support could improve. I had to deal with support to give me new hardware and it took four weeks.

Which

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most important feature of this solution is the SLAs.

The solution is stable.

WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service is scalable.

I have used Fortinet solutions and they are the best.

The implementation is very complex, you install the application for WatchGuard.

The price of the solution is not expensive, it is less than FortiGate.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate WatchGuard Intrusion Prevention Service a five out of ten.