We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Trend Micro ServerProtect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro ServerProtect is #25 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Trend Micro ServerProtect an average rating of 8 out of 10. Trend Micro ServerProtect is most commonly compared to CrowdStrike Falcon: Trend Micro ServerProtect vs CrowdStrike Falcon. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
What is Trend Micro ServerProtect?

Trend Micro ServerProtect for Storage, powered by XGen security, leverages a blend of cross-generational threat protection techniques to safeguard a wide range of network attached storage systems by detecting and removing viruses and spyware in real time. This comprehensive storage security uses the industry-standard ICAP protocol to complement support for traditional RPC communication protocols. To simplify network protection for EMC, NetApp, and Hitachi Data Systems storage systems, ServerProtect for Storage provides automatic, incremental security updates and centralized management of servers via a web-based console.

Trend Micro ServerProtect was previously known as Trend Micro ServerProtect for Storage, ServerProtect, ServerProtect for Storage.

Download the Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Trend Micro ServerProtect Customers

Siemens

Trend Micro ServerProtect Video

Archived Trend Micro ServerProtect Reviews (more than two years old)

Networking & Security Specialist at a transportation company with 51-200 employees
Good pricing, stability and scalability
  • "Technical support was perfect."
  • "Trend Micro is a little bit complicated when it comes to setting up special policies."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

We've decided to change to a different solution. We liked Trend Micro, however our colleagues in the United States used Cylance as their primary endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

When we looked at Cylance, in comparison to Trend Micro, there are some features that seem to be better on Cylance than on Trend Micro. Cylance offers, for example, an easier management console and some functions are easier to implement.

You need to look deeper for special features, as it's not as obvious as Cylance, for example, which allows you to find items with just one click.

I've been using the solution for eight years.

We never had issues with stability.

We never had issues with scalability.

Technical support was perfect.

The pricing of the solution is reasonable. Often, Trend Micro will quote a price, and if you say it's too much, at the last minute they will reduce the offer dramatically. There are no additional costs over and above the licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

We never got to test the cloud, but I believe there was a big advantage to using the cloud.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

it_user940794
User at a hospitality company with 201-500 employees
A time-consuming solution that does not protect us efficiently

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for data blocking, software protection, and frame protection.

What is most valuable?

We like that we can connect servers to client's PCs.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see separate protections of my server and my client. There are other solutions out there that do this.  We found that when we push Trend Micro from the console to our client's PCs, we need to manually restart the PC. I have 500 users and the manual input is time-consuming.

We also looked at Kaspersky.

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

We like that we can connect servers to client's PCs.

What needs improvement?

We also looked at Kaspersky.

Download our free Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, CrowdStrike, SentinelOne, and more!