Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Trend Micro ServerProtect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro ServerProtect is #39 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Trend Micro ServerProtect an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. Trend Micro ServerProtect is most commonly compared to CrowdStrike Falcon: Trend Micro ServerProtect vs CrowdStrike Falcon. Trend Micro ServerProtect is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the EPP (Endpoint Protection for Business) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Trend Micro ServerProtect?

Trend Micro ServerProtect for Storage, powered by XGen security, leverages a blend of cross-generational threat protection techniques to safeguard a wide range of network attached storage systems by detecting and removing viruses and spyware in real time. This comprehensive storage security uses the industry-standard ICAP protocol to complement support for traditional RPC communication protocols. To simplify network protection for EMC, NetApp, and Hitachi Data Systems storage systems, ServerProtect for Storage provides automatic, incremental security updates and centralized management of servers via a web-based console.

Trend Micro ServerProtect was previously known as Trend Micro ServerProtect for Storage, ServerProtect, ServerProtect for Storage.

Trend Micro ServerProtect Customers

Siemens

Trend Micro ServerProtect Video

Trend Micro ServerProtect Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Trend Micro ServerProtect pricing:
"This product has an annual subscription, but also offers MSP options."

Trend Micro ServerProtect Reviews

Consultant at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
MSP
Security solution that's scalable and provides virtualization and virtual patching, but needs more EDR visibility
  • "Scalable security solution with virtualization and virtual patching functions, able to provide full security that's specific to the service, e.g. it handles virtual machines better."
  • "Integration with different platforms could be an area for improvement in Trend Micro ServerProtect, e.g. it needs more integration. It could also be more secure and more stable. In the next release, this solution should also include more EDR visibility."

What is our primary use case?

We use Trend Micro ServerProtect for virtual patching. It also provides full security that is specific to the service, e.g. it is able to handle the VMs (virtual machines) way better.

What is most valuable?

What I find most valuable in Trend Micro ServerProtect is virtualization. It installs on the virtualization node instead of installing on all of the guests, and this means communication between the VMs on a specific host is also covered.

You don't need an agent for each of the VMs, e.g. you don't need to install it on each virtual node, because you can just install it on the host, and that is brilliant. Trend Micro ServerProtect protects all guests on the VMs, and it also protects against internal communication between the VMs.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, this solution should also include more EDR (endpoint detection and response) visibility, because a server is still an endpoint.

We've been providing Trend Micro ServerProtect for four to five years now.

EPP (Endpoint Protection for Business)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, CrowdStrike, SentinelOne and others in EPP (Endpoint Protection for Business). Updated: September 2022.
636,406 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Trend Micro ServerProtect is a stable solution.

I find Trend Micro ServerProtect to be a scalable solution.

I'm rating Trend Micro technical support a seven out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup for this solution was fairly straightforward, though it can be a bit of a challenge for people to understand, because it is a new technology. Some people are used to what traditional antivirus would show them, so Trend Micro ServerProtect could take up more resources, e.g. there could be a learning curve.

We are on an annual subscription for Trend Micro ServerProtect, like other Trend Micro products, but Trend Micro also has MSP options for some of their partners.

What other advice do I have?

Trend Micro ServerProtect can be deployed on-premises or on the cloud, or hybrid, e.g. however you want it. It's for service, so it's not a specialized cloud
product. Trend Micro has a cloud workload protection solution that is specialized for the native cloud: Cloud One, but in terms of this solution: Trend Micro ServerProtect, you can install it on-premises, or on the cloud, e.g. it's a "bring your license" type of solution.

My expectation in the next five years is that Trend Micro ServerProtect will be EOL (end-of-life), and what will remain is their cloud workload protection solution (Cloud One).

We only have three clients who are using this solution, at this stage.

I'm definitely recommending Trend Micro ServerProtect to others who may want to start implementing it, especially in a virtualization environment.

I'm giving Trend Micro ServerProtect a rating of six out of ten. I don't give anything a ten. I will never give a product a score of ten, unless it's the perfect product that'll never be hacked. A score of six sounds low, but it's not low, because there is no ten for me.

Hybrid Cloud
Information Technology Security Assistant Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Very good capability for software protection; easy to use and reasonably priced
  • "Able to quarantine any malware."
  • "Could include additional features such as an intrusion prevention system."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases are for the Malware protection and loss prevention, DIP. We have this deployed on-prem and also on cloud. I'm an information technology security assistant manager and we are customers of Trend Micro ServerProtect.

What is most valuable?

I liked that we could set the policy and quarantine any malware coming in. The solution is easy to use and it's reasonably priced. In terms of its capabilities for software protection, it covers our needs.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a Sandbox type of feature included. There are several features we don't use because they need some add-ons and some we'd like to see that are not included such as an intrusion prevention system. Having such a feature would mean that we wouldn't need to be dependent on the firewall.

We've been using this solution for seven years.

We've had a few issues but they're quite small. Sometimes there are problems with the configuration and we need to contact technical support.

We're satisfied with the technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward, it's just a matter of following the step-by-step instructions.

Licensing fees are fair for this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution and rate it an eight out of 10.

EPP (Endpoint Protection for Business)
September 2022
636,406 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jitesh Chauhan - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing Director at Rubik Infotech Pvt. Ltd
Superior product with great virtual patching

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use ServerProtect to protect servers from ransomware attacks.

What is most valuable?

ServerProtect's best feature is virtual patching, which takes care of patching even if your servers aren't updated with the latest threat definitions.

I've been using Trend Micro ServerProtect for almost fifteen years.

ServerProtect is stable.

ServerProtect is scalable.

Trend Micro's technical support is good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is straightforward.

The ROI is good.

The licensing is based on endpoints and number of years. There are no additional costs to pay.

What other advice do I have?

I think ServerProtect is superior to any other brands, and I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
BobenGeorge - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr.Customer Engineer- Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Performance is very good

What is our primary use case?

I've talked about my use case in the other reviews for Apex One and Apex Central.

What is most valuable?

Performance is very good.

What needs improvement?

One thing I have been facing is that some fake threats have appeared that even Trend Micro was not able to clear up. It couldn't tell you why these threats are happening, where they are coming from and what cause it to occur.

For the past three years, I have been working exclusively with Trend Micro.

Scalability is good. I would say eight out of 10.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Trend Micro ServerProtect an 8.5 out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free EPP (Endpoint Protection for Business) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, CrowdStrike, SentinelOne, and more!
Updated: September 2022