IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SolarWinds AppOptics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SolarWinds AppOptics is #25 ranked solution in APM tools and #35 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give SolarWinds AppOptics an average rating of 8 out of 10. SolarWinds AppOptics is most commonly compared to Dynatrace: SolarWinds AppOptics vs Dynatrace. SolarWinds AppOptics is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is SolarWinds AppOptics?

AppOptics is a SaaS-based simple, powerful and affordable Infrastructure & Application monitoring for custom on-premises, cloud, and hybrid systems.

Your business runs on applications, and when they go down or run slowly, it can impact the business in lost productivity, customers, or revenue. To add to the complexity, your IT environment is changing, and workloads can be spread across data centers, and cloud resources. You need to monitor the availability and performance of applications and infrastructure, regardless of where they are, so you can identify potential issues early and address them before they impact users

SolarWinds AppOptics was previously known as AppOptics, SolarWinds TraceView, Librato.

SolarWinds AppOptics Customers

Traxo

Covea Insurance

BTE Technology

Datarista

SolarWinds AppOptics Video

SolarWinds AppOptics Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SolarWinds AppOptics pricing:
"Mostly, it's a perpetual license. We don't have any customers using the subscription right now—it's mostly a perpetual license that the customers purchase. The licensing is based on the number of elements, whereas other solutions are node-based."

SolarWinds AppOptics Reviews

Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful features for network operations
  • "Some of the most valuable features of SolarWinds are the topology discovery and network performance analysis."
  • "In terms of the technology, I think they need to put some more advanced troubleshooting into SolarWinds, in terms of AI capabilities. That's the next generation, especially in the cases of APIs which have already adopted AI capabilities into their products."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for the net op teams. Some teams also use it for the servers or even the applications, but the focus is more on the network team.  This solution is mostly deployed on-prem.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The most important thing is the pricing should be improved. The licensing scheme is based on the number of elements, whereas compared to other solutions, they're already shifting ahead and moving to node-based, which is practically easier.  In terms of the technology, I think they need to put some more advanced troubleshooting into SolarWinds, in terms of AI capabilities. That's the next generation, especially in the cases of APIs which have already adopted AI capabilities into their products.

We have been working with SolarWinds for over five years.
Application Performance Management (APM)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SolarWinds, Dynatrace, New Relic and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This solution is stable.

The scalability of this solution is quite good. We have several customers ranging from 100 to 700 nodes for SolarWinds.

The support is not too bad, but also not very good—it's quite standard. I forget the last time I contacted SolarWinds, but their support is standard, in terms of the response time and the quality of the support engineers.

The installation is quite straightforward. The basic one takes between two to three days. The implementation time ranges between one and a half to two months, the longest time we need for solving.

We implemented this solution ourselves.

In terms of APM, we used to have CA products, but I think we switched to Dynatrace. Of the SolarWinds products, we have one especially for laptop monitoring, and we have the SAM as well, but we don't put too much focus on that feature.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SolarWinds an eight out of ten, specifically for the NMS. I recommend this product to others, especially for network teams.

Dinesh Nekkanti - PeerSpot reviewer
Digital Innovation at Bobcat Company
Easy to set up, with helpful and responsive technical support
  • "Technical support is always live and they're supportive."
  • "AppOptics would benefit from having a much more centralized view."

What is our primary use case?

We are using AppOptics to monitor our servers and applications. It looks at the logs and the other data that is available in the environments that we want to be monitored.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is very good.

What needs improvement?

AppOptics would benefit from having a much more centralized view. Rather than having to use several applications such as Papertrain, Loggly, and NPM, just have one main application wherein you can get all of the logs and other information about the server. This would allow us to more quickly dig down into the system, in more detail.

Adding more widgets to the interface would make it a richer environment.

My company has been using AppOptics for a long time.

We have had some minor issues where the data is not picked up, although it is pretty good.

The whole company uses AppOptics. I do not know how many people are in different teams, although I can say that we have fewer than 100 users. The teams that use it are the infrastructure team, the application development team, and the monitoring teams.

We spoke with AppOptics about wanting to scale and they were willing to give us a deal.

Technical support is always live and they're supportive. I would say that they are both responsive and helpful.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Our in-house team handled the deployment. One or two people in the DevOps team are responsible for maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing AppOptics is to contact technical support when you begin deployment. They will explain how everything works and you can install right away. It is easy to start.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about SolarWinds, Dynatrace, New Relic, and more!
Updated: June 2022