SAP Analytics Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Analytics Cloud is the #2 ranked solution in top Predictive Analytics tools and #6 ranked solution in top Business Intelligence Tools. PeerSpot users give SAP Analytics Cloud an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. SAP Analytics Cloud is most commonly compared to Tableau: SAP Analytics Cloud vs Tableau. SAP Analytics Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.
SAP Analytics Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP Analytics Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SAP Analytics Cloud?

SAP Analytics Cloud is an all-in-one Software-as-a-Service business intelligence tool that provides the key functionalities of an analytics tool to SAP business users. This tool is built on HANA Business Intelligence (BI) platform, providing analytics from data collected from multiple sources, such as ERP, Microsoft SQL, and Salesforce, among other solutions.

You can use SAP Analytics Cloud to compile data and perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis for predictive planning. SAP Analytics Cloud collects and analyzes the raw data from transactional systems into intelligent insights that allow you to make better decisions.

SAP Analytics Cloud uses machine learning to clean up data, identify errors, and issues, and suggest optimization or filtering options. You can use the modeling feature in Analytics Cloud to create hierarchies and get deeper data insights.

The three core functions of SAP Analytics Cloud consist of Planning, Predictive Analysis, and Business Intelligence as a holistic SaaS solution that offers real-time analysis to business leaders.

SAP Analytics Cloud Capabilities

• Data discovery
  • Machine learning
  • Integrated financial and business planning
  • Predictive analysis
  • Automated data cleansing
  • Custom widgets
  • Mobile extension
  • Role-based customization
  • Data exploration and visualization

SAP Analytics Cloud Key Features

• Augmented analytics: SAP Analytics Cloud allows organizations to make the most of AI (Artificial Intelligence)-powered analytics through augmented analytics. It includes a Search to Insight feature that enables users not skilled or experienced in data science to access and use the platform.

These smart insight tools allow organizations to visualize business data without manual intervention. By combining multiple machine learning algorithms, SAP Analytics Cloud automates predictive analysis so that organizations can have significant insight into secured data.
  • Enterprise planning: As SAP Analytics Cloud is an all-in-one financial planning and analysis solution, organizations can use it to align strategies across all departments. It allows end-to-end, data-driven planning decisions via financial modeling, allocations, smart insights, and automated reporting.

The Zero-based budgeting feature allows for an effective resources allocation with built-in collaboration tools. The finance team can collaborate easily, create budget templates and make accurate decisions.

SAP Analytics Cloud Benefits

• Real-time cloud insights: SAP Analytics Cloud makes it easy for users at every level to generate instant insights and improve data-driven decision-making. With SAP Analytics Cloud, you can have immediate and central access to all figures, diagrams, insights, and evaluations for every employee on every device and updated in real time.

• Customizable dashboard: You can customize your dashboard according to your requirements. This customization means you can easily access all the relevant data on a single pane of vision tailored to your business.

• Collaborative planning: As an all-in-one platform, SAP Analytics Cloud integrates the multiple aspects of a business into a single solution, including finance, HR, sales, and supply chain management.

• Data on any device: You can integrate SAP Analytics Cloud with SAP S/4 HANA and deploy insights to Android and iOS devices. The SAP S/4 HANA integration also enables the rolling out of changes to multiple files and devices from a central location, so you can carry your business operations on the go over a secured cloud network.

• In-memory technology: Since it is based on SAP HANA in-memory technology, SAP Analytics Cloud can process massive amounts of data in a short time.

Reviews from Real Users

Segun O., SAP HANA Developer at SOA PEOPLE, says that "The most valuable features are on the application side, where you can design applications into your analytics on the platform."

The Head of Finance Enterprise Application at a computer software company adds that "The visualization feature is the most valuable. SAP Analytics Cloud is also very easy to use."

"Its many features make it the best in the market," sums up a Consultor SAP Business Object, Sap Analytics Cloud at a tech services company.

SAP Analytics Cloud was previously known as SAP BusinessObjects Cloud.

SAP Analytics Cloud Customers

Live Oak Bank

SAP Analytics Cloud Video

SAP Analytics Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP Analytics Cloud pricing:
  • "Compute and storage features should be sold separately."
  • "The price is competitive. There is a power user license and normal user license, but the normal user license is reasonable."
  • "Its pricing is okay as compared to its competitors."
  • "The premium option is very expensive at five thousand dollars. I use the nine hundred and ninety-nine dollar option."
  • SAP Analytics Cloud Reviews

Human Resources Consultant - Workforce Reporting at a government with 10,001+ employees
    Easy to set up with good forecasting capabilities but requires knowledge of programming languages
    • "There is a really nice insight feature that I enjoy using."
    • "The customizations need to be better."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for reporting. We talk to people in all different roles and in all different types of companies and organizations. It's just to get a more well-rounded scope.

We use it to build a human capital dashboard and I use it to report on workforce data, hires and exits, movements, and items of that nature.

What is most valuable?

I like the forecasting capabilities.

There is a really nice insight feature that I enjoy using. It automatically adds input, which is quite helpful.

The initial setup was super simple.

What needs improvement?

The customizations need to be better. In order to do some basic functions, in order to create certain basic functions in input control, you need to know a couple of basic programming languages. It would be better if these input controls were easier to create or to get working. For example, in Tableau, it's so easy. You just add these controls. However, in this product, for certain basic functions like dropdown boxes, it's more difficult for the basic business user. If you're not in IT, it's not as easy as Tableau.

The product needs to offer more options for navigation. There need to be dropdown filtering op boxes. Right now, when you filter, what you have filtered is not presented - the selection isn't on the screen. If you're looking at it, you don't know if you've got the right number unless you hover over it.

Some of the functionalities that do not use any IT or business language, such as BIAL, which is a subset of JavaScript, and something called CSS, need to be incorporated.

The analytics app is designed for programmers. You need to know programming languages in order to use the solution effectively, and some users aren't programmers. Unfortunately, if you want something that should be simple to do, that's not available as you need to have that programming language.

I'm a new-ish user; I just started this year. I would say I've used it for less than a year.

SAP Analytics Cloud
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about SAP Analytics Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The product seems very secure. It seems very stable. I've had no issues. There are no bugs or glitches. It does not crash or freeze.

The scalability is very good. I am not using it to its current potential, however, this is one of the benefits of the program, as is it can be scaled out for the whole organization, due to the ability for it to connect directly to the cloud data and right to the SAP.

Different business units are using the solution, including HR, long-term care, and transportation. I'm not sure how many users are leveraging it, however. We are a city-wide organization and different government areas use it.

It is not widely used right now, as we are still in the demo stage. That said, I can say that the organization is planning on committing to it.

I've never had to use technical support except to go to my own IT staff for help, and therefore I can't comment very well on SAP's level of assistance.

I'm also familiar with Tableau.

We were using Excel and Tableau, and we stopped using Excel due to the fact that there's no scalability there. It's just very slow and cumbersome. That was Microsoft, actually. With Tableau, we are also using it for other things. Due to the nature of this software, it's good for some projects, and Tableau is better for others. This one's more suited towards data that is coming directly from a live system. Tableau works really well with flat files.

For me, the implementation was very simple.

Our IT department provided me with the access rights and provided me with the appropriate links, as well as all of the training materials that SAP has on their website.

My deployment was small and quick. For the whole organization, it takes much longer. I am using it with a flat-file, inserting data into the cloud to connect with it, and therefore, my scope is very small compared to the whole organization. It did not take me long at all.

I handle the maintenance myself. It doesn't require much maintenance. I do work with IT when I need to.

I used our IT staff, however, they have been working with representatives from the company in order to deploy the product organization-wide.

I can't speak to the licensing or costs. I'm not involved in that aspect just yet.

There seem to be three different levels of licenses, including one for a viewer, and one for a designer and one is for analytics.

This is currently the solution we are evaluating.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to all-out purchase the analytics application, as some of the features are in just the designer mode, and they are not going to be sufficient. You're going to need some of the features that are contained in the third option, the analytics application.

Users need to be very familiar with what they have called the data modeler and should spend some time modeling and rendering data in their data modeler or just importing data into something called the dataset. With the dataset, users have more flexibility, however, the data modeling, that's something I didn't know starting out. Had I done it differently, I might have used the data modeler.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Ramasamy Telungupalayam - PeerSpot reviewer
    SAP Intelligent Enterprise Manager at Arram solutions ltd
    Brings our team together through enhanced collaboration
    • "The ability to collaborate and plan together is great."
    • "Figuring out how to navigate all of the products around Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud and BW for HANA is quite difficult."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for financial planning and analysis. We definitely plan to expand our usage of this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution brings our team together easily through its collaboration abilities.

What is most valuable?

The ability to collaborate and plan together is great. In fact, the collaboration capabilities across the board are very good. Also, integration-wise, it's very good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to know how Analytics Cloud plays with other products like SAP Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP HANA Cloud. SAP Data Warehouse Cloud is now integrated with SAP Analytics Cloud, but I would like to know how they strategically work together; what is the strategy? How do they work together and how is SAP planning to implement self-service? Currently, it's not very clear — particularly regarding Data Warehouse Cloud which is now part of SAP Analytics Cloud. It's quite difficult to navigate because SAP has many products.

Figuring out how to navigate all of the products around Data Warehouse Cloud and SAP Analytics Cloud and BW for HANA is quite difficult. The strategy of all the individual products and the roadmap itself, if you take it separately, it all looks good. There is a transformation navigator, but I don't think it's useful. It's not very easy to use; it's more technical than it is on the business side. In short, the roadmap and integration with other SAP Analytics products like Data Warehouse Cloud need to be improved. It's not clear and I can't find any information from SAP addressing the subject.

I have been using SAP Analytics Cloud for one year.

This solution is quite stable.

We don't require that much support; it's all in the cloud and it's been pretty good. It's well supported I would say.

We used Power BI and Tableau, but they both do not offer the native integration and business content that SAP provides. SAP provides a lot of business content and templates which is quite handy when it comes to complex projects.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

A team of consultants helped us with deployment — they were very helpful. As far as deployment is concerned, we followed an agile implementation model.

Deployment time varies depending on the project size and complexity. SAP has features like analytics, planning, predictive capabilities, simulation, and analytical application. All of these features are very good. They're all combined into one platform where everything can interact together.

Compute and storage features should be sold separately.

Typically, compute and storage is sold separately because there are a lot of use cases. A lot of people ask for it because other competitive products offer it. If they could provide that, it would be very helpful.

What other advice do I have?

If you're interested in using this solution, you have to be aware of the frequent changes and product improvement that occurs. Every month there's a new update. You need to be aware of that but at the same time, don't get carried away with all the new features. Keep track of the roadmap and what new updates are coming. It won't cause any problems, but as it updates so often, it's good to keep track of what new features will be available and which features you should implement.

SAP Analytics can be used as an all-in-one source. It can bring everything together: BI, predictive, planning, simulation — it can combine all of this into a single user interface. Other products have also done this, but SAP has done it very nicely. It's quite good, it's quite stable — I like it.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight. It combines all features into a single user interface, including planning, prediction, simulation, analytics application, and analytics or data dash boarding and reporting — I like it.

SAP Analytics Cloud
    November 2022
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Member of SAP Production Support Team at Maxicare Healthcare Corporation
    Expandable, reliable, and offers good storytelling capabilities
    • "It is scalable."
    • "The budget management could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We are in the experimental stage. We are still using other business intelligence tools. However, we are experimenting with the SAP Analytics Cloud as a possible replacement or alternative.

What is most valuable?

The storytelling is great.

It is scalable.

The solution is reliable and stable.

What needs improvement?

Before the implementation, I read a lot about SAP Analytics Cloud. However, I am sad to say other functions or functionalities were not included in our version right now.

We are not using it regularly yet. Maybe more testing on our part is needed before talking about a lack of features.

As I use the SAP Analytics Cloud, I'm using only data, so I am grabbing data and putting it onto the SAP Analytics Cloud. Our boss wants to connect the data directly to the SAP database. That is one of the things they would like to do before we totally use it as our business intelligence solution.

The budget management could be better. I forget the exact term. However, the finance department will use the functionality for budget management across all the departments within the company.

There is a feature where all reports will be centralized in one, and it will be shown on one big monitor. If you put it on a monitor with touch capability, it would be perfect. It would really look good for reporting.

The predictive analysis should be stronger.

I started using the solution in 2020. However, I am not using it yet on a regular basis.

I tried it before implementation and based on my experience, that's why our company got licensed for the SAP Analytics Cloud.

The solution is stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn’t crash or freeze.

The product is scalable. So far, we’ve been happy with it. That said, said, we are in the stage of testing it right now. We are not yet entirely using it as our main DA.

I have not yet experienced technical support.

I’m not the one implementing it right now. Maybe our SAP basis team would have a better account of how the implementation went. I was more on the functional side. The technicality of setting it up is outside of my capabilities right now.

You only need a small team for deployment and maintenance.

We have consultants assisting us with the implementation.

The costs and licensing are outside my level of knowledge. I don’t deal with it directly.

That said, there may be additional costs involved. Some functionalities of the SAP Analytics Cloud are not yet included in our version.

What other advice do I have?

We are end-users.

We are not using it in the cloud. We are in the on-premise platform at this moment. It’s a hybrid, currently.

I’m not sure which version of the solution we’re using.

My current job is in SAP production support, so I am the one handling incident reports or incident tickets and problem management for all the SAP-related tickets. I’m somewhere between a user and a consultant. I’m not a reseller.

I’d advise potential users that it's better to connect it directly to the database so that it will have data harmony from your ERP if you are using SAP as well as this SAP Analytics Cloud. That way, you can create reports and extract data anytime you like. Right now, we are just pulling data in SAP and then into the SAP database and putting it on SAP Analytics Cloud to create a story or a report itself.

I’d rate the solution nine out of ten. This is mostly due to the business intelligence functionality only, as I have not yet really tried out the other functions.

Hybrid Cloud
    Wonjae BAE - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Managing Director at dfocus
    Changed the culture of meetings for our client with data-driven management
    • "One of the most outstanding features is being able to use the dashboard with a touch screen."
    • "SAC, which is the cloud version, lost some good features from the previous planning product, like BPC or BPS."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for our client. We implemented the BI Analytics for the executive. SAP also works with the theater boardroom. There is another license policy, but there's more that's dedicated for the dashboard with the touch screen so they can use it for their executive meetings.

The solution is used on PC or mobile. It's deployed on a public SAP cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

SAP Analytics Cloud changed the culture of meetings with data-driven management for our client. It modernized everything.

What is most valuable?

One of the most outstanding features is being able to use the dashboard with a touch screen. The other feature is nothing special compared with BusinessObjects, but it's a cloud version and they upgrade very often with the CI/CD way. They do it automatically because it's the service, it's not like download and installation. It's different from the other BI products and it has a planning feature.

What needs improvement?

In the beginning, we had a problem with stability but it's currently fine.

SAC, which is the cloud version, lost some good features from the previous planning product, like BPC or BPS.

I have been using this solution for more than three years.

It's stable.

The cloud version is automatically scalable.

Technical support is good.

Setup was straightforward.

Some of our clients are interested in moving to cloud-based IT. In that case, we can recommend SAP, but some clients still want to use the on-premise for security purposes and their policies. In that case, we cannot recommend SAC, but we do recommend BusinessObjects or another on-premise solution like Tableau.

The amount of time it takes to deploy depends on the requirements, but normally it takes three months for the reporting. Of course, they need to prepare their data before implementing the BI.

Normally, two or three people are needed for the BI implementation. If it contains planning as well, it's more than that because planning is more complex than actual implementation.

From our customers' experience, we know that they are satisfied with the ROI.

They need to collect the data and make reports, but it's just one solution. After logging in, they input their planning and then it can be aggregated automatically for the HQ users. That is very time saving and effort saving.

The price is competitive. There is a power user license and normal user license, but the normal user license is reasonable. The power user license is a bit expensive, but our client doesn't need to buy many user licenses for that.

Previously, we used BusinessObjects. That's the previous version of SAP, but it's been changed to SAC.

These days we are comparing the modern BI products, like Click, Tableau, and Microsoft Power BI. Those are the main competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 7 out of 10.

My advice is the same as BW/4HANA. For someone who wants to start using this solution, they need to refine their requirement in the beginning and analyze the available data and how it should be consumed in the dashboard or analytics. They need to design from the beginning. It can be just a sketch, but they need to think about it before they start implementing it.

Other
    Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner/Integrator
    Sr Advisory Technical Specialist at IBM
    Good for planning and analysis, and is stable and scalable, but its technical support needs improvement and building reports and dashboards could be difficult without proper system knowledge
    • "The features that are most valuable in SAP Analytics Cloud are the planning feature and the predictive analytics feature, though the planning feature needs to be more efficient."
    • "An area for improvement in SAP Analytics Cloud is its planning feature because it's not that efficient when compared to BPC. Another area for improvement in the solution is the difficulty in building reports or dashboards, particularly if you don't have proper knowledge of the BI system. SAP Analytics Cloud technical support also needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use SAP Analytics Cloud for creating dashboards for higher management. Our managers use this for business planning purposes, viewing monthly and quarterly reports, particularly sales, finance, and planned maintenance reports.

What is most valuable?

The features that are most valuable in SAP Analytics Cloud are the planning feature and the predictive analytics feature, though the planning feature needs to be more efficient.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement in SAP Analytics Cloud is its planning feature because it's not that efficient when compared to BPC.

SAP Analytics Cloud technical support also needs improvement.

I've been using SAP Analytics Cloud for around three years now.

SAP Analytics Cloud is a stable solution. In terms of stability, it's pretty good.

SAP Analytics Cloud has good scalability.

The technical support for SAP Analytics Cloud is not good. If you have a ticket, you won't get a solution to it immediately. If you're facing any issue with the solution, you have to wait for a few days, or at least one week to get it resolved. Support for SAP Analytics Cloud could be faster and could be improved.

We didn't switch from Power BI to SAP Analytics Cloud. We use them in parallel where the systems are being developed in Power BI and reports are being developed in SAP Analytics Cloud.

The initial setup for SAP Analytics Cloud was not that straightforward because it depends on your source system. If you have an SAP source system, the setup is quite straightforward, but if you're using a non-SAP system or a third-party system, setting up SAP Analytics Cloud would be quite complex. My company used the Agile implementation strategy.

We implemented SAP Analytics Cloud in-house, and not via a third-party vendor.

I have no information on the licensing costs of SAP Analytics Cloud because a separate team takes care of it.

My company evaluated Power BI.

What other advice do I have?

My company has around fifteen users of SAP Analytics Cloud.

My advice to anyone looking into using SAP Analytics Cloud is to first have an understanding of the BI system, based on the BI data models, and to have good analytical skills to develop reports in the solution. If you know the system, you can create reports and dashboards in SAP Analytics Cloud, but if you don't, you'll find it difficult.

I would also tell others to go for SAP Analytics Cloud over other technologies because SAP has a vast infrastructure, so you can integrate different modules and products within SAP very easily. For example, SAP has launched Data Warehouse Cloud, so you don't need a separate BI solution such as the SAP BW/4HANA system. You can directly take the data from the source and store it in the cloud, and compared to other technologies, it's quite cheap as well.

My company doesn't have any plans of increasing usage of SAP Analytics Cloud, but there's a plan to integrate it with SAP DWC.

I would rate SAP Analytics Cloud seven out of ten.

Anthony Debyser - PeerSpot reviewer
    BI Architect at ArcelorMittal
    User-friendly, very scalable and stable for dashboard design, but still with plenty of room for improvement.
    • "Its user-friendliness is valuable. It is a product for end-users and not for IT, which is an advantage."
    • "It still lacks a lot of functionalities as compared to other tools such as Power BI or Tableau. Sorting is not working as well as it works in Tableau. A lot of other things are also not at the same level. Their technical support is not perfect and could be better. It takes a lot of time to have lacking functionalities implemented. Its integration with the BW backend should be better. Both solutions are from the same vendor. They position SAP Analytics Cloud as a reporting tool on top of the BW environment, but the integration between both is not yet 100%. For example, user management is still not synchronized."

What is our primary use case?

We have our data stored in SAP BW. SAP Analytics Cloud is now the main Reporting Tool from SAP. We are gradually shifting the reporting from BO Webi / BO Lumira / BEx Wad to SAC.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves the buy-in from business for SAP technology.

What is most valuable?

Its user-friendliness is very valuable for end-users. It allows them to create dashboards without very experienced IT knowledge (compared to BO Lumira).

What needs improvement?

Though it's the best placed product when working with an SAP BW backend, it still lacks a lot of functionalities when compared to other tools such as Power BI or Tableau

The technical support of SAP is not perfect and could be much better.

It takes a lot of time to have lacking functionalities implemented.

The integration with the BW backend can still be improved. Though both solutions are from the same vendor and the tool is positioned as "the" reporting tool on top of a BW environment, the integration between both still lacks a smooth integration. For example, authorization management is still not synchronized out of the box.

We were amidst the first adaptors of SAC and have seen it growing to a more mature level.

It is quite stable. We had very limited downtime in the past years. The continuous upgrades (cloud) can deliver sometimes moments of surprise, certainly when the layout is impacted.

It is very scalable.

Their technical support is not perfect and could be better. SAP Analytics Cloud is still lacking a lot of functionalities as compared to its competitors, and when we address these questions to SAP, it takes a lot of time to have these functionalities implemented.

Yes, multiple tools: WAD, BO xCelcius, Lumira.

It is the future vision of SAP (for now).

The initial setup of SAP Analytics Cloud is easy because it is a cloud product. You can start using the environment very soon after the decision to do so is taken.

In house with a little help during startup from SAP.

Its pricing is fair when compared to its competitors.

Tableau, Power BI. From a user perspective, much more flexible and functional, but lacking the proper integration with SAP BW.

What other advice do I have?

If your data is stored in the SAP environment, it is still the best tool in the market. Microsoft Power BI and Tableau are very nice in functionality and layout, but they lack functionality when you link them to an SAP database.

My suggestion would be to use the tools from the same vendor. The reporting tool should be from the same vendor whose backend system you are using. I advised the same in our company because we have a lot of tools. If you have an SAP data warehouse, then use tools from SAP on top of this data warehouse. If you have SQL Database, then Microsoft Power BI is more suitable.

I would rate SAP Analytics Cloud an eight out of ten.

Cornelia MBA - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director - IT Finance/SAP Business One at NQ
    Excellent visualization reports, with great stability, and immediate return on investment
    • "The reporting, dashboards, KPIs, and visualization are the most valuable."
    • "I think it would be easier if there was another module created to retrieve only data."

What is our primary use case?

I am using it for the reporting features.

How has it helped my organization?

The financial reports are very easy to read at the end of the month. You can see your profits. The reporting tools and graphs versus sending a report in Excel are great. When it comes to visualization, reading a report visually instead of a number is excellent because it is going to stick with you.

What is most valuable?

The reporting, dashboards, KPIs, and visualization are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

I think the editing can be improved. When you import and export the data you edit the report in Power Editor. However, it needs more flexibility and formulas. You have to use DAX and not everyone knows DAX.  I think it would be easier if there was another module created to retrieve only data. When you enter the data, you need a connector to take the data and transform it into your reporting tools.

I have been using SAP Analytics Cloud for the past ten years.

The stability of SAP Analytics Cloud is very good.

The more you train people and give them good information, the more they want to put their trust in new solutions. People are used to getting an excel file for review.  It takes time and publicity to help train people about additional options that are available.

Technical support is only an online chat option.  They need a phone number to talk to someone and they need to increase the support available.  When I had some questions it was not as helpful as it could be. It will tell you where to go on the online chat, but that has its limitations.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

I was using Crystal. I switched because I had a lot of processes before I could get to the visualization option. When using SAP Analytics Cloud I just import in Excel and I have the visualization options right there. It is much easier.

The initial setup is straightforward and did not take long to deploy.

I did the installation myself with some customization from the Azure team.

I have seen a return on investment. The value is there instantly because you can make a decision fast when using this report. You can see right away where you want to be. Everybody will invest in this point.

The pricing is based on a monthly or yearly basis.  There are only two options. The free option does not have many capabilities. The premium option is very expensive at five thousand dollars. I use the nine hundred and ninety-nine dollar option. There are no other additional costs involved.

I looked at Tableau however it has limited options in comparison to SAP Analytics Cloud.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend SAP Analytics Cloud.  I would rate it a ten out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
    SAP Architect/ Business Analyst BPC, BW , SAC , FI at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
    Good user interface but needs more competitive pricing
    • "The features that I have found most valuable with SAP ERP products are their good user interface, stability, functionality, and good interface options."
    • "They need a better scalability rate."

What is our primary use case?

SAP ERP itself is not a product, it is a suite of products. There are multiple products within SAP ERP or the Business One suit. Analytics for Cloud is one of them. There are multiple other products that we could see if I had different modules. It depends on what module you are.

My primary use for SAP Analytics Cloud Planning is dashboard reporting, forecasting, budgeting, predictive analytics and so on.

SAP ERP products are mainly for business processes improvement.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable with SAP ERP products are their good user interface, stability, functionality, and good interface options.

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, I would say their positioning. Effectively there are too many parts from SAP in the planning and consolidation space. If they want to position SAP Analytics Cloud for this space, they need to position it properly and make sure that the other products are also positioned alongside it in such a way that the customer doesn't get confused. That's one more supportive thing. Other than that, the scalability, stability and all that, need to be improved. They need a better scalability rate.

Additionally, SAP ERP could have more competitive pricing, more openness, more accessibility, more standard products, and more planned releases to the new features.

I have been using SAP Analytics Cloud for close to one year and SAP ERP for 15 years.

In terms of stability, SAP Analytics Cloud is still a relatively new product. From a stability point of view, I won't comment because it's recently in the market. I'm sure the new, upcoming releases will be in the right direction to make the product more stable.

In terms of SAP ERP products' scalability, I am a contractor, I don't work for a particular organization, so it depends on where you are implementing. It varies from 5,000 to 20,000 or even 100,000 people using the product.

In terms of numbers of users using SAP Analytics Cloud, it's not financial planning so it is relatively smaller, it may be around 500 users.

In terms of support, it has been really good. They have a good understanding of the product.

The SAP ERP products are not easy to install. But it has its own sequence of steps that we need to follow. But it's not that complicated either.

Generally, in terms of all SAP products, the licensing cost is at a slightly higher price. They need to make it more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the SAP ERP and Analytics Cloud products for users who want to start using it. In general, on a scale of one to ten, I would give SAP ERP an eight.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate SAP Analytics Cloud a seven.

I would like to see more standardization here.

Download our free SAP Analytics Cloud Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022