IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Salesforce Einstein Analytics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Salesforce Einstein Analytics is #9 ranked solution in top Business Intelligence Tools. PeerSpot users give Salesforce Einstein Analytics an average rating of 8 out of 10. Salesforce Einstein Analytics is most commonly compared to Microsoft BI: Salesforce Einstein Analytics vs Microsoft BI. Salesforce Einstein Analytics is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 37% of all views.

Download the Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Salesforce Einstein Analytics?

Salesforce Einstein Analytics is a customer and business analytics platform that’s optimized for mobile use and brings flexible customer analytics to everyone in the company. It works with many types of data, from many data sources, and it can change the way your company answers critical questions. Einstein Analytics allows you to:

• Connect directly to your CRM data and execute on insights directly in Chatter.
  • Automatically analyze millions of rows of data and get predictive analytics with Einstein Discovery.
  • Explore data quickly and automate actions with prebuilt apps.
  • Use mobile to act, whether you're on Android or iOS.

Salesforce Einstein Analytics was previously known as Einstein Analytics, Salesforce Wave Analytics.

Salesforce Einstein Analytics Customers

ADS Securities, Alstom Grid, American Express, Barclays Bank, Coca-Cola, CoderDojo, Dubai Multi Commodities Centre, Financial Conduct Authority

Salesforce Einstein Analytics Video

Archived Salesforce Einstein Analytics Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user361419 - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Engineer with 201-500 employees
Map, drill-down and join features need notable improvement; predictive analysis is good

What is most valuable?

After summer, 2015, the Einstein version came out. I think the predictive analysis is a very good feature, because it exists in other tool I have used, like Qlik. For example, in India, April to March is the financial year. So, if I have data for March through December, and I want to know how what business will be like in the rest of the year, predictive analysis is helpful. Salesforce Analytics has helped us a lot with this type of scenario. Previously it did not have that it, but now that feature is there.

What needs improvement?

There are many things that have to improved. When I want to create a full outer join data flow it is not there. So I have to go to the front end and I have to implement the union of groups and I use SQL as well. I end up having to do lots of coding. We can do a left join but we can't do a right join or an outer join in the data flow, so this is the one problem I am facing. Map is a new feature also, even though it's not such a mature tool, a mature cloud technology. But not all countries appear in the list. When I need to use India, it is not there in the list. One further issue is that drill-down is not there. Suppose I have 2016 with four quarters. I want to drill-down into the first quarter to find some specifics. But it's not there. In the data flow there is a problem with dynamic date binding, it is very difficult with Salesforce Analytics. It can be done, but it requires coding and it takes time. It seems to mention, all over when we google Wave Analytics, that it's a mobile-first technology. But what happens in real-time, when we create a chart in Wave Analytics for desktop or for laptop, when it comes to a tablet or iPhone or something else, we have to manage the page layout. So, although a chart is there, it's not showing on the mobile device. When a client has seen an extra chart, they also want it on mobile, but it doesn't show on their iPhone. So how can I say that it's mobile-first? The chart should also show in mobile.

Stability is there. They are providing new features day by day. The tool is going to be a mature tool. It's not just like a story tool, it's an immense cloud environment, so it's good. Before there was a smaller data flow limitation, but now they are giving a higher data flow limit so it's good. Stability is there.
Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Salesforce, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The limitation is there. I face the problem when giving a license to a user. They don't want to take the license at that cost. If they don't use Salesforce as their CRM, it will definitely be high cost. So they want a license they can share. But this feature is not in Wave Analytics.

Salesforce is my first CRM and I actually like Salesforce. I never used any other CRM so I can't tell you which CRM is better.

It's not at all complicated.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice, I would tell them that it is definitely a plus point if they are a Salesforce CRM user. And the the UI is good. Clients always want better, shiny things like that. As I mentioned, I have worked in Qlik Sense also. In Qlik there some limitations in creating dashboard charts. But in Wave, you can scroll down and have however many charts you want in one dashboard. Also, the predictive analysis of the Einstein version is like artificial intelligence, it's great. With this you can predict your future sales and scenarios. I gave it six out of 10 because, if I compare it to other BI tools, some features are not there, but individually Wave is great. When clients first see it, I definitely know that they say, "Oh, wow!"
Senior Software Developer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Creates reports and dashboards with simple clicks, but lacks technical support during deployment

What is our primary use case?

I received an assignment to create a dashboard from multiple data sources from within Salesforce and some external (in CSVs) for huge (big) data from big clothing brands for users/management to analyze and take data driven decisions for their business.

What is most valuable?

• Easy to use
  • User-friendly
  • Not required to be technical for a user to use
  • Creates reports and dashboards with simple clicks and drags and drops
  • Scheduling data sync
  • Can easily handle a huge amount of data without any crunch/crash.
  • It uses SAQL, which is same as pig latin and helpful to users who would like to write custom queries for grouping and other manipulations to view data.

How has it helped my organization?

Even the data, if not on any system or database (Excel or CSV), can be analyzed. Giving insights to the buyer to which vendor is compliant (or not), location-wise display of data using maps, enhanced filters, easy sharing, easy creation, enriched UI, etc.

What needs improvement?

Support: Very less support now. Some days, I have to struggle a lot to achieve some simple steps even getting issues solved in deployment.

Its been seven months until now and I am still using it.

Yes, before the Winter '18 release, I was able to retrieve the report and dashboard. I have deployed it on production, but I do not know why after the release I am having issues and deploying it manually. There is no help for deployment now. I am looking for positive response from the vendor.

I do not know about future, but it is stable now.

Six out of 10.

It is easy and straightforward to install. You need to follow steps from the beginning. You can get all the steps from Trailhead.

Implementation is in-house.

$125 to $250/month per user.

Download our free Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Salesforce, Tableau, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: June 2022