Oracle Eloqua OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Eloqua is the #5 ranked solution in top Marketing Automation tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Eloqua an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Oracle Eloqua is most commonly compared to Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Oracle Eloqua vs Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Oracle Eloqua is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.

Download the Marketing Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Oracle Eloqua?

Eloqua is the Oracle marketing automation and revenue performance management solution used by sales and marketing teams all over the world. With Eloqua, organizations can easily execute marketing campaigns, build and manage their databases, convert leads to sales, and measure the impact of marketing activities on the organization.

Oracle Eloqua was previously known as Eloqua, Oracle Marketing Cloud.

Oracle Eloqua Customers

Thomson Reuters, The Dow Chemical Company, Avid, LifeSize, and Avalara.

Oracle Eloqua Video

Oracle Eloqua Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Eloqua pricing:
"Our licensing costs are yearly."

Oracle Eloqua Reviews

Head of the Business Applications Department at a media company with 201-500 employees
Stable and scalable, but should have a simpler initial setup, better reporting features and a more up-to-date interface
  • "The solution is stable."
  • "The reporting features should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are involved in entertainment.

We offer our clients many brands, some of which are connected with media and radio. As publishers, we offer our customers a host of publishing subscriptions and employ the solution, email and SMS campaigns, pop-ups, web push and various other channels to sell these.

What is most valuable?

There is nothing particularly valuable which encourages us to stick with this solution. We do so because it suits our needs and we pay for several custom solutions.

What needs improvement?

I am used to the interface, so I do not consider how outdated it is too be an issue, but I feel it could better. It seems a throwback to the nineteen-eighties.

The initial setup was complex.

The reporting features should be improved. We have fielded complaints from our marketers about this.

While the solution has many capabilities, it can sometimes pose a difficulty, which is why I advise engaging a company for assistance.

I have been using Oracle Eloqua for nearly three years.

November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe and others in Marketing Automation. Updated: November 2022.
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable.

For the moment, the solution is scalable.

We do not make extensive use of the solution. We use it daily with the many companies with which we work for its sending abilities.

I am not aware of plans to increase the usage.

We work with a company that is responsible for handling issues which may arise involving tech support.

I am not the right person for assessing this.

In the past, we used an email solution - although not marketing automation - as a simple application for sending mass emails.

I found the initial setup to be complex.

There is an Orax partner company with which we work that was responsible for the implementation.

I believe that a large staff is needed for the deployment and maintenance.

Our licensing costs are yearly.

I do not know if there are additional costs beyond the standard licensing fees. I am aware of the license we pay for and we pay for custom solutions, such as pop-up and web push, which are connected with Oracle Eloqua.

What other advice do I have?

I am both a user and administrator of the solution.

The solution is cloud-based.

I believe there are 20 users making use of the solution, mainly marketers.

I rate Oracle Eloqua as a seven out of ten, although I cannot say how it would be rated by someone in marketing, as I am an administrator.

Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A key feature is the great support of extremely large databases
  • "It provides good support for really large databases."
  • "This product hasn't kept up to date on features."

What is most valuable?

The main value of this solution is its support of really large databases. If you have five million customers, you're not going to be able to use HubSpot or Pardot, it'll be Eloqua which has always been known for really huge databases. Nobody buying Eloqua is going to be running on SAP or some minor database, they'll be running on an Eloqua database.

What needs improvement?

This product hasn't kept up to date on features; they haven't adapted to or adopted newer ways of doing business. In addition, it's a very expensive solution. As a result, they're losing market share.

Our customers have been using this solution for 11 years.

I actually think it's too stable in the sense that there's nothing new there. They recently came out with a new interface, after having the previous one for 15 years. That's unheard of in hi-tech. Unfortunately the new interface was quite buggy.

It's scalable up but not scalable down because of the cost, meaning that if you need to scale down it becomes very expensive.

We had a support guy come to a user's group meeting last week; he was extremely helpful, and he was very open and honest. I'd give them a pretty good rating on support. The fact that they even let this guy go to a user's group meeting and give a speech was something; there are companies that wouldn't do that, so good for them.

The initial setup is complex which is why our company survives; we're hired to deploy these products because they're not easy to use and Eloqua is probably the most complicated in that market.

They charge in different ways for the license. It can be related to the size of the database or number of users. In 2019,the basic version cost $2,000 a month per user. The standard version was around $4,000 per month per user and there is also an enterprise version.

What other advice do I have?

This solution can be used in the cloud or on-prem. Often, medical companies and government agencies are not allowed to use the cloud so they go for the on-prem version.

I would rate Eloqua an eight out of 10. They would get more if it wasn't so expensive.

November 2022
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sebastian Aiani - PeerSpot reviewer
Junior Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Highly stable and the installation was straightforward

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use Oracle Eloqua for marketing, creation of assets, tracking, and reporting.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having a more user-friendly interface.

In the next release, there could be better integration, use of more than one channel, and increased automation options in one platform. It would be easier to be able to do everything from one solution.

I have been using Oracle Eloqua within the past 12 months.

The stability is really good. We have not had any problems.

There needs to be more detailed help documentation.

I have previously used another solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We use a consultant to help us do the implementation of the solution. We had a team of five that did the implementation and we have approximately two individuals that do the maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Eloqua a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free Marketing Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe, and more!
Updated: November 2022