Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) is the #5 ranked solution in top Hybrid Cloud Computing Platforms and #27 ranked solution in top Cloud Management tools. PeerSpot users give Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) is most commonly compared to Azure NetApp Files: Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) vs Azure NetApp Files. Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 54% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.

Download the Hybrid Cloud Computing Platforms Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2)?
Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) is a hybrid multicloud platform with natively integrated networking between private and public clouds. It allows seamless application migration and license portability across all environments and enables customers to run the full Nutanix software stack anywhere—in private or public clouds.

Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) was previously known as Nutanix Clusters.

Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) Customers

The Home Depot, JetBlue, Hyundai, ShiftLeft

Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) Video

Nutanix Cloud Clusters (NC2) Reviews

CTO at MEDWIZ SOLUTIONS
Stable with great replication and snapshot capabilities
  • "The scalability is good."
  • "The pricing can be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for versioning. The clusters are on my private cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

The fact that snapshot, replication, and management are tied together all is important due to the fact that if your snapshots are too big, you can have problems going ahead and replicating to the other clusters. You often need bandwidth managing to make sure that you don't flood the bandwidth of your connection between two or three places.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the replication, the snapshots. They all go hand in hand with each other. The snapshot technology with replication and bandwidth management is good.

The initial setup is simple.

The solution is stable.

The scalability is good.

What needs improvement?

The snapshots have room for improvement.

The pricing can be better.

They don't own the networking side of it.

Nutanix is harder to restore. The problem with Nutanix is when you want to restore data and you only want to restore selected data, much more tedious. With Scale, it's a simple GUI and takes seconds.

Hybrid Cloud Computing Platforms
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, Microsoft, VMware and others in Hybrid Cloud Computing Platforms. Updated: November 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We've had Nutanix now for four years.

The solution is extremely stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution can scale well if you need it to. If you have a large number of machines, Nutanix is the way to go. Nutanix will let you just keep on adding hundreds of nodes to a cluster. However, reading-wise, Nutanix is slower than, for example, Scale.

I have a staff of two. I have three others on my staff right now that currently know the system.

Nutanix support is good. However, Scale is better. They do respond and they do things, but Scale is faster.

I have both Nutanix and Scale, which are two competitors. Scale does some things better than Nutanix. Nutanix does some things better than Scale.

The implementation is straightforward. It's not complex at all. It's all very simple.

The deployment took us not even a day. It's very fast.

Maintenance is easy and doesn't take much time. It's pretty self-repairing.

The pricing is a bit high. It could be less expensive. It gets very expensive to use it. It's based on the CPU and everyone else basically has pricing based on the CPU and between CPU, RAM, and hard drive space. It's not amazing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user.

Users are going to have to know the CLIs and they're going to have to learn the back doors to CLI for stuff and make sure that they really have someone who is doing the networking properly and double-check all your network configurations with Nutanix. They don't do any of that. Whereas Scale sells you the network switches already configured.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Sys Eng at a wholesaler/distributor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reliable and stable with excellent technical support
  • "The solution can scale well."
  • "Some of the interfaces aren't as intuitive as they should be."

What is our primary use case?

The solution provides our entire infrastructure for my 40 plus locations and 500 users.

What is most valuable?

The reliability is the solution's most valuable aspect.

I have found the stability to be very good.

The solution can scale well.

Technical support is great.

What needs improvement?

Some of the interfaces aren't as intuitive as they should be.

The initial setup can be slightly complex.

I've dealt with the solution for almost four years. It's been a while.

The solution is reliable and very stable. there are no bugs or glitches. it just works. There are no crashes or freezing.

We have over 500 users across 40 locations. Everyone from office workers to factory personnel has access.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand, it can do so.

I deal with tech support quite often and they are fantastic. I am very satisfied with the level of attention I get when I need their help.

The initial setup can be a little bit complex.

I handle the maintenance and deployments of updates myself. You don't need a lot of people to maintain it. It's easy, however, if you run into any trouble, there's always technical support who can assist.

I can't speak to the licensing costs. I have no visibility on that at all.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user. I use Nutanix on a daily basis.

In terms of the deployment version I am on, it's generally as close to up to date as I can make it.

I'd advise potential new users to do their homework and don't look back.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. Overall, I've had a great experience.

Hybrid Cloud Computing Platforms
November 2022
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Siddhesh Sawant - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Customer Support Engineer at Magnamious Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Beneficial data protection, reliable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

Nutanix Clusters are used for redundancy and to protect our core machines from failures.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Nutanix Clusters is to protect the data.

I have been using Nutanix Clusters for approximately six years.

The stability of Nutanix Clusters is good.

Nutanix Clusters is scalable.

We have one customer using this solution.

The technical support for Nutanix Clusters could be better.

The initial setup of Nutanix Clusters is of a medium level of difficulty. It took us approximately two days to deploy.

We have two engineers that are supporting Nutanix Clusters.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Nutanix Clusters an eight out of ten.

Solution Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Feature - rich, with good scaling automation and micro segmentation

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Nutanix Clusters are Prism Central, Micro-segmentation, and cluster scaling automation.

What needs improvement?

There are still some things that could be improved about the product.

I have many customers who have been using Nutanix Clusters for more than ten years.

We have a mix of versions that are used, some are old and some are new versions.

Nutanix Clusters is a very stable solution.

It is a scalable product.

In my opinion, our customers will see a positive return on their investment.

What other advice do I have?

I am collaborating closely with Nutanix partners in India.

I would rate Nutanix Clusters a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Hybrid Cloud Computing Platforms Report and find out what your peers are saying about Nutanix, Microsoft, VMware, and more!
Updated: November 2022