We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

NetIQ Identity Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NetIQ Identity Manager is #8 ranked solution in top User Provisioning Software and #10 ranked solution in top Identity Management (IM) tools. PeerSpot users give NetIQ Identity Manager an average rating of 10 out of 10. NetIQ Identity Manager is most commonly compared to SailPoint IdentityIQ: NetIQ Identity Manager vs SailPoint IdentityIQ. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is NetIQ Identity Manager?
NetIQ Identity Manager delivers a complete, yet affordable solution to control who has access to what across your enterprise both inside the firewall and into the cloud. It enables you to provide secure and convenient access to critical information for business users, while meeting compliance demands.

NetIQ Identity Manager was previously known as Novell Identity Manager.

Download the User Provisioning Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

NetIQ Identity Manager Customers
Sheetz
NetIQ Identity Manager Video

NetIQ Identity Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NetIQ Identity Manager pricing:
  • "It would easily help them in getting more market and more customers if more consultants knew about their software. If they could keep it free for schools for teaching purposes, it would be good. I had to pay myself to get it and use it for training. Their competitors are giving it for free. I had to pay for it myself. They are losing market to their competitors."
  • "The price of the solution is a bit high and could be reduced."
  • NetIQ Identity Manager Reviews

CyberSecurity Teacher/Instructor at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
    A stable and comprehensive solution with valuable eDirectory feature
    • "I like the eDirectory feature."
    • "It needs some modern features. They should improve and modernize their management interface. It has been created over years and by different persons. You can see different applications, different management consoles for different things. There should be an integrated interface."

What is our primary use case?

I am an independent training provider. I'm teaching this application. It was originally made by a company named Novell. I have used the Novell XML, which is the origin of Identity Manager. I think they did that in '96 or '97. I was a certified Novell trainer, and I was training those applications myself. I started the first testing center for Novell products in Europe in '92. I have a long history because I started with those basic products in '83 and did 10 years of training for those products. I've also been using them for my employers or for the customers as a consultant. Now, I'm doing training again but in schools. I am teaching adults so that they can change their careers or start a career in cybersecurity or IAM.

I always try to use the latest versions. In terms of deployment, you can call it cloud, but it's a VMware environment.

What is most valuable?

I like the eDirectory feature.

What needs improvement?

It needs some modern features. They should improve and modernize their management interface. It has been created over years and by different persons. You can see different applications, different management consoles for different things. There should be an integrated interface.

It should also be easier to install. There should be an easier testing system for applications for students or consultants to try it themselves. The system to download or get your applications for testing is not so easy.

They can clarify how to install it for different Linux versions as well as how to use it for local private cloud use and public cloud use. It seems that you have to install many incarnations of basically the same product.

They should make it free for schools for teaching purposes. Their competitors are giving it for free. By not doing that, they are losing market to competitors.

I've been using it since '83. I've been working for companies that have been using this application. I've been in consultancy implementing this application to customers, and now, I am teaching this application.

It is stable, but its implementation is hard. After that, it runs.

I haven't dealt with it, but I would like to have a channel.

Its implementation is hard. It should also be easier to install. There should be an easier testing system for applications for students or consultants to try it themselves. If we are doing just testing, it's complicated because they are basically supporting SuSE and Red Hat. If we are doing testing, we don't want to pay for the server systems. There is no documentation and information about how to install it with some other Linux versions. There is no documentation for implementing it on other systems.

The deployment duration depends on what we are doing. We are not doing production systems. We are doing production-like teaching environments. We are basically running systems that can be production but the use is just for training purposes. Later this year, we are doing production environments. We are doing the whole process of how to create implementation, how to implement it with some applications for IDM, some applications with access management and SSO, and so on.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to read the manuals carefully and do the testing systems first. That's because it has all the bells and whistles when it comes to features, but they are not so easy. It is a full package for everything, but it is not so easy to implement. You should basically clarify things because there are different kinds of doors for different kinds of things.

I would rate this solution an eight of 10.

Private Cloud
    SylvainMaertchik
    Education Director at ID Integrated Data SA
    NetID Identity Manager 4.8 is a strong and solid Identity Manager Engine with most of the feature we expect.

What is our primary use case?

I design, deploy, and use NetIQ Identity Manager in different environments. It's mostly to provision user accounts in AD, but I also use NetIQ Identity Manager to provision (to and from) accounts with the following applications and systems:

Oracle and PeopleSoft, Office 365 and Azure, EasyVista, IBM AS/400, Oracle E-Business, etc.

Thanks to the role-based access control included framework, we give initial access to business resources as from the start date of the employee.

How has it helped my organization?

NetIQ Identity Manager provides workflow and forms that allow all managers to initiate new employee provisioning under the control of the HR or finance department. This reduces the number of accounts created out of control.

NetIQ Identity Manager can integrated with Identity Governance administration and this is a great benefit when governance needs are present.

What is most valuable?

The Identity Engine is event-based and provides real-time synchronization and password synchronization to more than 40 different applications and services.

The new version 4.8 is now available since mi-November 2019. It provides a newer workflow engine that will increase form creation.

With the latest version, a subset of NetIQ Identity Governance is included.

What needs improvement?

There are some limitations in the custom workflows, mainly in the GUI presentation, but the latest release improved.

The newer workflow engine shipped with latest version 4.8 provides more features and possibilities than the current legacy system.

The legacy system is still supported and currently there is no migration tool available.

More than five years.

The IDM engine and drivers are based on more than 20 years product and very stable and reliable.

The IDM engine setup is quiet straightforward it you master product. The Role base & workflow module is more complexe and the reporting module installation must be definitely improved.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: NetIQ partner
    Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, SailPoint, Oracle and others in User Provisioning Software. Updated: January 2022.
    564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Horst Fuhrmann
    Owner & CFO at SKyPRO AG
    Reseller
    Integrates well, scalable, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use NetIQ Identity Manager for identity management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution has been the ability for us to integrate a lot of external systems, and the automatic transfer of a lot of identity information. Additionally, the customization is very good.

What needs improvement?

NetIQ Identity Manager could improve by updating the user portal, it is out of date.

I have been using NetIQ Identity Manager for approximately 15 years.

The solution is stable.

NetIQ Identity Manager is very scalable and complete. It covers all the areas we need it to.

How are

What is our primary use case?

We use NetIQ Identity Manager for identity management.

What needs improvement?

I have been using NetIQ Identity Manager for approximately 15 years.

The solution is stable.

The technical support has been good.

For us the installation was easy. However, we are an IT company that understands what we are doing. I would consider the solution not to be easy to install if someone does not have the experience.

The price of the solution is a bit high and could be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate NetIQ Identity Manager a nine out of ten.

Download our free User Provisioning Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, SailPoint, Oracle, and more!