We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is #17 ranked solution in best All-Flash Storage Arrays. PeerSpot users give NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays an average rating of 10 out of 10. NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is most commonly compared to NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS): NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays vs NetApp AFF (All Flash FAS). The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays?

The NetApp EF560 all-flash array is an all-SSD storage system for applications that demand extremely high levels of performance and reliability. Requiring just 2U of rack space, the EF560 all-flash array combines extreme IOPS, microsecond response times, and up to 12GBps of bandwidth with leading, enterprise-proven availability features.

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays was previously known as NetApp EF540, NetApp EF-Series.

Download the All-Flash Storage Arrays Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Customers
RP Data, Western Oregon University, Toei Animation
NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Video

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays pricing:
  • "NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is an expensive product."
  • "This solution is not available to many users because the cost is very expensive."
  • "They need to improve its pricing. The storage market is dying. So, they need to improve the price because it should reach all people. NetApp is one of the top ones, and they are charging a little bit of royalty as compared to other storage solutions."
  • "The cost of our license is approximately $200,000 over three years for NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays. There can be additional costs for storage. For example, if you want to have eight terabytes."
  • "Most of my customers pay for the license on a yearly basis. It can be expensive depending on the capacity number."
  • NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays Reviews

Director at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Good performance, easy to operate and maintain, with good support
    • "The most valuable feature of this solution is the performance of the database access."
    • "Better integration with other brands is important so we would like to see it easier to integrate."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution for databases.

What is most valuable?

It's simple in operating and for maintenance. Also, they provide a warranty for the I/O output.

What needs improvement?

All-Flash is made by Solid State Disk, it's not like HDD or spinning disk.

The price is important, and we would like to have it less expensive.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

We are using one of the older versions, with a capacity of 12 TB.

This solution is stable. All-Flash has drives that are very stable. If dropped it's not broken. It's not the same as a hard drive and the old-style hard drive. It won't be damaged by a power surge.

We have 50 users, some are administrators and others are different businesses.

Technical support is good. If we have some issues, especially from NetApp, they give us an early warning system. When there is a potential error, it will come up and let us know immediately that it will occur. This prevents it from crashing.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It's very simple to run the application and run the database. It's more measurable with little to no variables.

It took less than a week to deploy.

We did not use an integrator, we used the resources from our company. We have a team of five engineers to deploy and maintain this solution.

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays is an expensive product.

What other advice do I have?

I will continue to use this solution. I think that the technology is still the latest one.

If there is more development storage technology in the future with other venders then I will consider using another solution.

Depending on the business needs, there are variables to consider with the expense. It's still worth purchasing as the support is good and also the performance is very good.

Some of the engineers are still considering changing to a cheaper solution but they worry that the support and maintenance will not be as good.

I would recommend this solution. From my experience, this is still the best product available.

SuwardiSuwardi
    Technical Advisor at Synnex Metrodata Indonesia
    Reseller
    Excellent SnapMirror feature with good stability and decent technical support
    • "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
    • "The dashboard could be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

I usually run a POC for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good. It offers very good performance, and very good data services to customers.

The ONTAP is excellent.

SnapMirror is very useful. It allows the customer to be able to see the entire relationship. It's one of the best features of the product.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

For the most part, the solution is stable.

The technical support has been pretty good for the most part.

What needs improvement?

The solution should really build out a more hyper-converged product. In Indonesia, there are many competitors for hyper-converged products, such as Nutanix and VxRail from Dell. Those products in particular are so strong. They need to improve the NetApp for hyper-converged solutions. Whereas, NetApp for storage is still pretty strong in Indonesia.

The dashboard could be simplified. There are many, many features on NetApp, and they could be combined onto one centralized dashboard for ease of use and access.

The stability so far has been very good. It's a reliable solution. For AFF, I still have not noticed any bugs, for example.

We mostly deal with medium-sized organizations.

When we have an issue we still cannot open a ticket yet as we are working when the customer has not yet sent an IPO, and so we cannot open a ticket. Typically, we ask for help from NetApp Southeast Asia. They are helpful. We request via email, and they always tend to help us.

The setup process is okay for the common line installation. I'm familiar with the process, so it is okay.

When we reach an issue in customer, it can take a long time. However, when there's no issue in the customer environment, we can set up it very fast.

In terms of the cost, I do not handle the price or the payments at all. I can't speak to how much the solution costs or what the licensing structure is like.

What other advice do I have?

I'm working as pre-sales for NetApp. I help the NetApp team to test the POC for the customer. My company is a distributor of NetApp in Indonesia.

We might not use the latest version of the solution. We use the AFF Series and the C Series.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite satisfied with the solution so far.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Distributor (reseller)
    Find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Dell EMC, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: January 2022.
    564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    MohamedYassin
    IT Systems Engineer at Adaptive Solutions
    High availability, easy to deploy, and provides ability to assign performance margins to specific workloads
    • "The most valuable feature is the ability to set a specific margin of performance to a specific workload."
    • "I would like to have the ability to replicate data between All Flash and other NetApp storage systems."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as storage for our application server. It is used in the virtualized environment in our data center. It hosts our critical applications such as databases and our critical application workload.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to set a specific margin of performance to a specific workload. This feature is unique to this vendor and the competitors do not have it.

What needs improvement?

Better monitoring should be implemented.

I began working with NetApp All-Flash Arrays about two years ago.

This solution is very stable. We use it for our critical workloads and it is used on a daily basis.

This solution is scalable. We have more than 500 users in our company.

We also have plans to extend its capacity.

I have been in touch with technical support and I would rate them an eight out of ten.

We did not use another enterprise-level storage solution before this one. We switched to NetApp All-Flash arrays because of the high availability and the ability to assign specific margins of performance to individual workloads.

The initial setup is very easy. It includes a very good Cisco NetApp deployment engine that makes it very simple.

We did the installation on our own.

What other advice do I have?

For anyone who has critical workloads like Oracle databases or DB2, NetApp All-Flash Arrays will suit their needs, as long as it fits within their budget.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Sarith Sasidharan
    System Administrator at a government with 201-500 employees
    Very stable, good performance, much faster than other solutions, and has native cloud integration
    • "Its performance is most valuable. This solution is much faster than other as well as older storage solutions. The performance of the system is very good. We are getting 50 times better experience than the older storages. We are using AFF 300. It also has native cloud integration and most of the features."
    • "Its pricing should be better. Its price is competitive, but they need to improve the pricing. They have different licensing models, which they need to improve. My expectation was cloud integration, which they have, but it is a different license. Therefore, people cannot enjoy it. If I want to use it, I need to pay extra. There is a cost involved for everything, but it should reach everyone. It is similar to having a Rolls-Royce, but you need to pay extra for the key. If you want the key, you need to pay."

What is most valuable?

Its performance is most valuable. This solution is much faster than other as well as older storage solutions. The performance of the system is very good. We are getting 50 times better experience than the older storages. We are using AFF 300. It also has native cloud integration and most of the features.

What needs improvement?

Its pricing should be better. Its price is competitive, but they need to improve the pricing. They have different licensing models, which they need to improve.

My expectation was cloud integration, which they have, but it is a different license. Therefore, people cannot enjoy it. If I want to use it, I need to pay extra. There is a cost involved for everything, but it should reach everyone. It is similar to having a Rolls-Royce, but you need to pay extra for the key. If you want the key, you need to pay.

It is very stable.

We have around 3,000 users. We plan to increase the usage of this product.

Their technical support is good. I am satisfied with their support.

I have been using only NetApp in this company, and it is good. I also have experience with solutions from Hitachi, EMC, Dell, IBM, HP, and others.

It is very easy. It hardly took four hours.

We used an integrator for deployment, and we are satisfied with the experience.

They need to improve its pricing. The storage market is dying. So, they need to improve the price because it should reach all people. NetApp is one of the top ones, and they are charging a little bit of royalty as compared to other storage solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays a ten out of ten.

Information Technology Manager at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Helpful technical support, highly scalable , and professional vendor implementation
    • "The hardware and software of NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays are easy for us to use."
    • "We have used IBM previously. We found that the storage from IBM was poor and we chose NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays because it can scale very easily."

What is our primary use case?

NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays are used for system backups. We mainly use it to store our ERP.

What is most valuable?

The hardware and software of NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays are easy for us to use.

What needs improvement?

We have used IBM previously. We found that the storage from IBM was poor and we chose NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays because it can scale very easily.

I have been using NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays for approximately nine years.

The solution is stable.

I would rate the scalability of NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays a ten out of ten.

All of our IT specialist department is using the solution, which is approximately 10 people.

The technical support has been very good.

The time of deployment depends on the management system but typically takes one hour. Some of the processes are difficult and others are simple.

We used vendor support for the implementation, we had a good experience.

We have five people for the deployment and maintenance.

The cost of our license is approximately $200,000 over three years for NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays. There can be additional costs for storage. For example, if you want to have eight terabytes.

What other advice do I have?

We have recently upgraded our system and will not need to update it for more than three years.

My advice to others is all-flash systems are better than other systems.

We will continue with this system and if we need more capacity or performance we will upgrade the solution. We know this solution's software, hardware devices, and support are very good.

I rate NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays a ten out of ten.

Manager, Cloud workload Migration & Onboarding Lead at Globe Telecom
    Easy to use, flexible, and stable

What is our primary use case?

The majority of my clients wanted to establish a MetroCluster operation and wanted their business to be stable using multiple data centers. That is why they wanted storage that was going to provide a place for their virtual machines.

What is most valuable?

Some of the valuable features include MetroCluster switchover, in terms of disaster recovery, it is easy to use, and flexible.

I have been using the solution for almost one year.

In my experience I found the solution to be stable.

The solution is scalable.

There could be an improvement when it…

What is most valuable?

I have been using the solution for almost one year.

In my experience I found the solution to be stable.

The solution is scalable.

There could be an improvement when it comes to SLA support, it could be faster. In case of emergencies, when you need urgent feedback from the support, it is delayed because you need to make multiple calls.

The initial setup for installation was straightforward.

The installation took one day to configure.

What other advice do I have?

When you are dealing with a virtual machine or on-premise, one of the in-demand storage is NetApp. Veeam is also compatible with NetApp, you will not have any concern, it is a total package.

I rate NetApp EF-Series All Flash Arrays a nine out of ten.

Product Categories
    All-Flash Storage Arrays
    Download our free All-Flash Storage Arrays Report and find out what your peers are saying about NetApp, Dell EMC, Pure Storage, and more!