Sabarish Natarajan - PeerSpot reviewer
Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Great administration, easy integration, and affordable
  • "The solution doesn't require any maintenance from our end because it is a cloud-based solution and Microsoft takes care of everything."
  • "The solution can be improved by speeding up the synchronizing of the policies on the devices."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is the application and device management for any windows desktop and mobile device clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the restriction of data transfer between unmanaged applications and managed applications, specifically on mobile devices. For example, if a user wants to transfer data from email to WhatsApp, that can be restricted.

What needs improvement?

The solution can be improved by speeding up the synchronizing of the policies on the devices. Technical support can benefit from shortened response times and making sure all of the support team are at par with their knowledge regarding the solution.

I have been using the solution for four years.

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable. We currently have seven to nine thousand users.

The solution is scalable to match our needs.

The technical support team's response time can be slow at times and some people are more knowledgeable than others depending on who you have assigned to the ticket.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is straightforward. I give it an eight out of ten for ease.

The price is competitive and reasonable. I would give the solution an eight out of ten on price.

What other advice do I have?

I give the solution a nine out of ten.

The solution is easy to integrate with the durations and application, and administration is also very simple. When you go with the combination of licenses, the cost is also good, and reasonable.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Sr. System Admin at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Good interface, easy to use, and reliable in terms of distribution and getting the report
  • "It is a very good solution. It has a good interface and is easy to use. On top of that, it is very reliable in terms of distribution as well as getting the report."
  • "Its client interface should be more accessible, and the notifications should be more customizable from the console. It should be more user friendly and have some kind of customized notifications so that we can use it on the client side. These are the reasons why we restricted its use only for the server environment and didn't use it on the client side."

What is our primary use case?

We have just implemented a patch management solution. We are using SCCM for the server. For the client or endpoint, we are using a different product called Ivanti.

What is most valuable?

It is a very good solution. It has a good interface and is easy to use. On top of that, it is very reliable in terms of distribution as well as getting the report.

What needs improvement?

Its client interface should be more accessible, and the notifications should be more customizable from the console. It should be more user friendly and have some kind of customized notifications so that we can use it on the client side. These are the reasons why we restricted its use only for the server environment and didn't use it on the client side.

I cannot say anything about its scalability at this time. We are still exploring this solution. We are using SCCM for the server, so only IT people use it or log into it. In terms of nodes, about 500 nodes are using the product effectively.

I have not been in touch with Microsoft in terms of support for this solution. We are good. We do have people who get support from Microsoft for any issues, but I don't remember facing any issues recently on the SCCM front. We did have a call with Microsoft because SCCM was not supporting some applications on the patch upgrade front, and we wanted to explore and know future trends.

It is easy.

What other advice do I have?

We are still exploring this solution, and we haven't yet explored all the features.

I would rate SCCM an eight out of ten. It just needs a better user interface and some kind of customizations because currently, they are very limited.

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
November 2022
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sunil Satyanathan - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical solution leader at Kyndryl
Highly stable, beneficial managing capabilities, and priced well
  • "The most valuable feature of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is the availability of being able to manage the Microsoft estate. It handles many areas, such as asset management and tracking."
  • "Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager could improve the integration."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager to manage our client's Microsoft estate.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is the availability of being able to manage the Microsoft estate. It handles many areas, such as asset management and tracking.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager could improve the integration.

I have been using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager for approximately 10 years.

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is highly stable.

The scalability of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is good.

The support for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is good.

We did not face any challenges with the initial setup of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. The time it takes to do the deployment depends upon the size of the environment. Smaller deployments don't take more than a week and very large deployments can take up to three to six months.

The support staff needed for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager depends upon the size of the deployment. However, we do not require a large number of people to support it.

Microsoft comes with an end-to-end package that can include Office 365 and many other applications put together, it makes it a very integrated system for people to use.

We have a support license from Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager and the overall price of the solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager a nine out of ten.

Anamika Rai - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Cloud Solution Architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reseller
A very stable and robust solution for ICCM environments
  • "The solution effectively handles inventory management, deployment, and reporting."
  • "The solution does not support remote devices so the CMG is still required."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution to manage security and policies.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution does not support remote devices so CMG is still required.

I have been using the solution for six years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is for ICCM so does not scale like a cloud application. It is intended for security, management, or device teams and not end users.

Scaling is always available with a monetary investment.

Technical support is pretty good.

The complexity of setup depends many factors such as the number of sites or distribution points and whether they will be centrally administered. Proper planning and execution are important.

Deployments of an ICCM server can take up to four weeks.

The solution operates on a licensing model that can be expensive.

Pricing is reasonable for small companies but large companies or enterprise environments require multiple licenses.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is very stable and robust with a longstanding reputation. It works well with Windows devices and offers good management for ICCM.

The cloud-based platform is a good option for managing only Android or iOS devices.

I rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner AND Reseller
Lead System Administrator at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Not user-friendly, the reporting needs improvement, and it can't be managed by one person, but it's stable

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for image and software deployment.

What needs improvement?

It wasn't very user-friendly.

The reporting is not very good.

It was hard to effectively manage with one person.

I have been using SCCM for ten years.

We have version 2012.

It's a stable product. In terms of our experience with any bugs, glitches, or crashes there were not more than what is normal for Microsoft.

SCCM does not scale well, which is one of the reasons we are not going to continue to use it.

We have six people in our organization who are using it.

I have not had any contact with technical support.

Previously, I did not use another solution. SCCM was the only one that we used while I was there.

The initial setup is complex.

You need more than one person to manage the environment.

We are currently evaluating some EDR alternatives.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend using this solution. I didn't really like anything about it. In general, I am not a fan of Microsoft.

I would rate SCCM a four out of ten.

Senior Engineer - IT Security Systems at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
A highly-scalable solution that allows us to test out VMs

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to test out VMs.

What is most valuable?

The ability to make collections and deploy to them has been great.

What needs improvement?

The ability to integrate MDM would be great.

We just set up our lab, so we've only been using this solution for three months.

So far, we've had no issues with bugs or glitches.

SCCM is highly scalable.

I have not had to contact technical support.

As someone who is quite familiar with IT, the initial setup was quite straightforward. It would definitely be complicated if you're not familiar with IT.

Presently, I am using a free trial version.

What other advice do I have?

I really like SCCM. I am constantly learning new things all the time. So far, it seems pretty straightforward.

It's a good product designed for medium to large-sized environments that need to automate their deployments and set them in an organized manner.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

Akramulla Mohammed - PeerSpot reviewer
System Specialist at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Useful patch management, automated maintenance, and simple setup
  • "The most valuable feature of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is patch management."
  • "Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager can improve by allowing us to schedule the scripts, we don't have a script scheduling option and have to do it manually."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is patch management.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager can improve by allowing us to schedule the scripts, we don't have a script scheduling option and have to do it manually.

I have been using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager for a couple of years.

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is a stable solution.

The scalability of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is good.

The support can be responsive but other times can be a little slow.

The rate support from Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager an eight out of ten.

I have not used another solution other than Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager.

The initial setup of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager was simple.

We did the deployment of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager in-house. We have our maintenance of the solution automated.

What other advice do I have?

Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is a complete solution for what we need it for, and I would recommend it to others.

I rate Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager an eight out of ten.

Helder Valente - PeerSpot reviewer
Infrastructure and Networks at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Reliable, scalable, easy to install, and has good support

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to deploy all of the packages to the workstations.

What is most valuable?

The scalability to deploy the package.

What needs improvement?

The App to upgrades to the server needs to be improved.

We have used SCCM for a couple of years.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable product. We have 1,000 users in our organization.

We have plans to continue using this solution.

Technical support is fine. We have no issues with support.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's easy for us.

We have a team of four to deploy and maintain this solution.

We completed the installation ourselves.

It took one week to deploy and customize it.

We have to pay for a license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using this solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022