IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Jelastic OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Jelastic is #12 ranked solution in PaaS Services. PeerSpot users give Jelastic an average rating of 10 out of 10. Jelastic is most commonly compared to Amazon AWS: Jelastic vs Amazon AWS. Jelastic is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the PaaS Clouds Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Jelastic?

Jelastic is a DevOps PaaS and CaaS for business that can be deployed on bare metal hardware or any IaaS. The platform provides certified containers for Java, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, Python and .NET and the ability to use custom Docker containers. Jelastic offers agile deployment models without coding to proprietary APIs, flexible automatic scaling for stateless and stateful applications, collaboration, access control, monitoring, backup and disaster recovery, built-in billing and business analytics tools, while driving down TCO with high density and hardware utilization. For more information or to start a free, two-week trial, visit us at www.jelastic.com

• Public, Private, Hybrid and Multi-Cloud deployments
  • Automated continuous integration, delivery and upgrade processes
  • More than 50 certified containers out-of-the-box and support of custom Docker containers
  • Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling according to applications load
  • Intuitive UI, open API and SSH access to containers
  • Integration with Git, SVN & Continuous Integration services
  • Automated replication for application servers and databases
  • Multi-cloud and multi-region management of workloads distribution
  • Comprehensive billing engine, quotas and access control policies
  • Integration with WHMCS, Odin Service Automation and custom billing systems
  • Metering, monitoring and troubleshooting
Jelastic Customers

Hosting Providers: Locaweb, Planeetta, dogado, Elastx Layershift, ServInt, Hostnet, Info.nl, Innofield, Lunacloud, Reg.ru, Websolute

Private Cloud and Integrators: Datajoe, Croc, Ciklum, Vergence, Centerprise, GMV Soluciones

Jelastic Video

Jelastic Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Jelastic pricing:
"I would rate the cost 3 out of 5. There are additional costs other than licensing fees."

Jelastic Reviews

Ali Albousaifi - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Technology Consultant @ CIM at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Offers friendly user interface and good control over other solutions
  • "The control is valuable. It's really easy to use and you have good control of your solutions."
  • "The security layers also need to be improved because there is no clear layer or tier of security in the solution."

What is our primary use case?

We're using it for a lot of government projects. We have a lot of solutions, like fault tolerance and high availability for the solution. There are about 75 people using this solution, from management, system engineering, database administrators, developers, and engineers for security. We have a lot of customers. We have plans to increase the team. The solution is deployed on a public cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

The security and availability are really good. It's clearly organized.

What is most valuable?

The control is valuable. It's really easy to use and you have good control on your solutions.

What needs improvement?

It's important to have integration with other solutions or other cloud services for the backup and redundancy. It really needs some improvement. The security layers also need to be improved because there is no clear layer or tier of security in the solution.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Jelastic, Amazon, Heroku and others in PaaS Clouds. Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using this solution for five years.

It's really stable.

The scalability is good.

Technical support is okay. I would rate technical support 4 out of 5.

We used AWS. We also used Agile, but for the cost, for the availability of technical support, and for the user interface, we prefer to use Jelastic.

It's straightforward. I would rate it 5 out of 5. Implementation takes about three or four days. Building a strategy takes time. We have a dedicated team for implementation. It's a team of about two to five people.

We used a reseller.

We are not using it for revenue. As a strategic solution, it's really good because it will avoid a lot of cost if you are building your data center, for example, or from scratch. It's really good investment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.  It's really easy to implement. It has really good control and user interface. It's user-friendly. There is the ability to use a free subscription and to use it for free for testing.

Werner Coetzee - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Development Executive at Data Sciences Corporation
Provides a unique cloudlet granular resource assignment which is unavailable elsewhere
  • "The dynamic vertical scaling is a unique feature."
  • "Lacks better integration into enterprise storage products."

What is our primary use case?

We are an MSP and host this solution for our customers' environments. We are customers of Jelastic, resellers of this solution and I'm a business development executive.

What is most valuable?

I think the cloudlet granular resource assignment with the dynamic vertical scaling is probably the biggest unique feature that differentiates Jelastic from other similar products.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration into enterprise storage products.

We've been using this solution for about 18 months.

The platform is very robust and stable.

The solution is scalable, we currently have a small deployment with over 100 users.

The technical support is extremely helpful. They have a very good support team.

The initial setup wasn't overly complex, but it wasn't easy. It took about three months and there was definitely some professional work involved from the vendor. It's not a solution you can implement on your own.

We have some positive results, but no ROI yet. That's partly due to our deployment plan, which is a very cautious expansion plan. We have a much longer ROI timeframe for this platform which we know we'll see eventually.

We looked at several solutions that were typically OpenStack-based and we checked several organizations that built their own solution over underlying OpenStack projects. Based on our prior experience, we decided not to go with that kind of platform. We went with Jelastic because it's a native container-based platform built on Virtuozzo containers.

What other advice do I have?

Jelastic is definitely designed for developers, and it definitely allows for fast integration into your DevOps lifecycle, CI/CD pipeline and that kind of use. It's primarily focused on enabling developer work environments, building them up and completely integrating into a DevOps CI/CD pipeline setup.

I rate this solution nine out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
June 2022
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Directeur Technique at Hosteur SA
Straightforward to set up, with good support that is quick to respond
  • "Technical support from Jelastic is very good."
  • "The backup functionality needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Jelastic is one of the products that we resell to our clients. We implement all kinds of solutions on this platform and we manage it.

What needs improvement?

The backup functionality needs to be improved.

In the future, I would like to see distributions for multiple cloud platforms with multiple data centers. They have started to build some products along this line of thinking but they should be more fully developed. More products should follow a multi-cloud strategy.

We have been using Jelastic over the past year.

The stability is very good.

In terms of scalability, Jelastic is very good.

Technical support from Jelastic is very good. We use them often; they are precise and quick to respond.

The initial setup is quite straightforward.

The installation is actually a bit complex, but it's well explained and the support is good. Installation on a client machine is not easy to do, but that was not the focus. Instead, we installed it inside the Jelastic cloud, which is very easy to do.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it. My advice for anybody who is implementing Jelastic is to follow the recommendations of the vendor. We had asked for help when implementing the product and found they are very technical and well informed.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free PaaS Clouds Report and find out what your peers are saying about Jelastic, Amazon, Heroku, and more!
Updated: June 2022