IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Infor M3 OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Infor M3 is #8 ranked solution in top Activity Based Costing Software and #12 ranked solution in top ERP tools. PeerSpot users give Infor M3 an average rating of 8 out of 10. Infor M3 is most commonly compared to SAP ERP: Infor M3 vs SAP ERP. Infor M3 is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the ERP Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Infor M3?

Infor M3 offers ultimate flexibility in operations, technology, and scale. As a multi-site, multi-country, and multi-company solution, M3 empowers your organization to adapt to changing business needs. It provides flexibility in managing mixed-mode and complex environments, with the agility to make quick adjustments at any time. Written in Java, M3 also gives you platform independence and choice.

Infor M3 was previously known as Infor Lawson M3, Lawson M3.

Infor M3 Customers

Grosfillex, High Five Sportswear, L_derach, OTK Group, PHS Group, Propper International, Red Wing Shoe Company, Reynolds Catering Supplies, Saudi Diesel, Sheetz, Zeppelin, Zodiac Aerospace

Infor M3 Video

Infor M3 Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Infor M3 pricing:
"There is a yearly licensing cost. The price is based on the modules you need. There are several modules, such as HR module, accounting module, sales module, scheduling module, etc., and the price will vary depending on the number of modules you choose. The customers always say that it's very expensive. It can cost a lot of money if your organization is huge. It's not implemented in a lot of organizations in my country because it's too expensive."

Infor M3 Reviews

Partner/Executive at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
It is easy to use, and it shows good information on each screen
  • "Its ease of use is most valuable. Inquiries are transparent, and it shows good information on each screen. We don't have to go to 14 different screens to find out about one item, which is a big advantage."
  • "Its initial setup was probably complex, but it is a very good system."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for running a manufacturing business. We are using it for all aspects of manufacturing, inventory, and sales order processing.

How has it helped my organization?

It hasn't improved the business yet. That's because implementation was led by the IT function, rather than by the business.

What is most valuable?

Its ease of use is most valuable. Inquiries are transparent, and it shows good information on each screen. We don't have to go to 14 different screens to find out about one item, which is a big advantage.

What needs improvement?

Its initial setup was probably complex, but it is a very good system.
ERP
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Infor, SAP, Microsoft and others in ERP. Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The company has been using it for four years.

The product I supplied is stable, but we are doing things that we shouldn't be doing.

It's good. I used it once in another company some years ago. It was a smaller organization.

I don't have any experience with their support.

It was before my time in the company, and I don't know which package it was.

It was probably complex. The configuration appears to have been designed around theory rather than practice.  The IT people who don't understand the business decided how the system would be used, and the people in the business let them do it. That's why I'm there. I'm there to fix things. If people didn't do these things wrong, then I wouldn't have a job. If people didn't need understanding, then you wouldn't have a job either. The deployment is still carrying on. It's rolling out through different operations. It's a multinational organization.

It was done in-house. It is deployed at multiple locations all around the world. It required far too many people. We probably had about 40 people. There has been some changeover of people. People implementing a class-leading ERP system are suddenly very attractive to the market. So, there is quite a lot of staff turnover, and we're going through being given new internal support people.

I don't really know what they did. It was before my time in the company.

What other advice do I have?

Just like implementing an ERP system, you should define your business processes and map your business in the way you want to work in the future. You should tell your product consultants, "This is how we want to run our business. Please configure your system to do what we want," as opposed to letting the product consultant come in and say, "Oh, look, our system will do this." It shouldn't be done in a way where they set the system up and then the business follows the system. You always have to work the other way around. I would rate it a 10 out of 10. It is a very good system.
Ahmed_Nagy - PeerSpot reviewer
Application Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Is very stable, easy to use, and can handle all types of industrial and manufacturing businesses
  • "It's very stable, and it handles all types of industrial and manufacturing businesses in very good ways. I've found it to be easy."
  • "Infor should create one product to handle the whole business. At present, they make ERP systems for each type of business, and then sell additional features. I would like to have one system handing all organizations or all the business in deep ways and not have to buy additional features."

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use M3 for their whole steel manufacturing business including the financial, industrial, and HR models.

What is most valuable?

Infor is continually improving their products; they are constantly upgrading and developing their products.

What needs improvement?

Infor should create one product to handle the whole business. At present, they make ERP systems for each type of business, and then sell additional features. I would like to have one system handing all organizations or all the business in deep ways and not have to buy additional features.

I've been using this solution for about one year.

It is very stable.

Technical support staff are very helpful, and you can have support 24/7. However, because Infor has more than 74 applications, you will have to talk to several people. One person won't know all of the products well. Because of that, I would give technical support an eight out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

If you've got the business a hundred percent right, then the initial setup will be easy. However, if you don't understand the business or the main goal of the organization, it'll be very difficult.

M3 is a very complicated application for the implementer because there are lot of configuration streams in the industry. If you understand the main goal of the organization, then you will know how to configure it right from the start. Then, you can make it simple for the end user.

Depending on the case, deployment can take days to weeks.

There is a yearly licensing cost.

The price is based on the modules you need. There are several modules, such as the HR module, accounting module, sales module, scheduling module, etc., and the price will vary depending on the number of modules you choose.

The customers always say that it's very expensive. It can cost a lot of money if your organization is huge. It's not implemented in a lot of organizations in my country because it's too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

First, you will need to understand the business and know what is expected from the M3 product.

Second, you will need to sit with one of the experts to show him the know-how and to show how to configure this product to achieve the company's main goal.

I would rate Infor M3 at nine on a scale from one to ten.

ERP
June 2022
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Programmer/Analyst at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Helps to keep things in order, and they have good technical support that is responsive
  • "The most valuable feature of this solution is the Infor GL tool that allows us to do our application support and development."
  • "The implementation could be simplified, it's complex."

What is our primary use case?

We are mainly using this solution in the applications for accounts payable, and general ledgers.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way our organization functions by keeping things in order.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The implementation could be simplified, it's complex.

A cheaper price for the same quality would be nice.

I have been using Infor M3 for 20 years. We use this solution from day-to-day.

We are not using the latest version, we are a version or two behind.

I am using Infor; it's an ERP system and that's what I support.

It used to be called Lawson software, under the name Infor.

It's a stable solution. We have not experienced any issues.

I think that it's a scalable solution.

We have one application where every employee uses it.

I don't use technical support often, but it's good.

I would rate them an eight out of ten. I don't work with them often enough.

The response time is pretty good.

Previously, I was using ROSS Systems.

They switched to Infor M3 because they were looking for more functionality and wanted to get all of the applications under one suite.

The initial setup is complex. It took a year and a half to put in a significant version upgrade.

It's very complex, there are many bits and pieces.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Infor M3 to others who are interested in using it.

It does what we need it to do, and it doesn't fail very often.

I would rate Infor M3 an eight out of ten.

CIS Consultant at a consultancy with 5,001-10,000 employees
Provides good features that assist with management; outdated technology lacking agility

What is our primary use case?

I'm the manager of IT applications and we are customers of Infor M3.

What is most valuable?

The solution provides all modules, supply chain, HR - it's good for management.

What needs improvement?

From a technology perspective, this is an old solution making it harder to integrate and maintain. Ideally, they should be offering a cloud-based alternative.

I've been using this solution for six years.

The solution is stable but not agile so, for example, supporting new versions of the browser isn't an option. The technology is old.

The technical support is average, it could be improved.

The initial setup involved lots of infrastructure and was quite complex. We had a partner helping us and deployment took about six months.

This is an expensive solution.

Download our free ERP Report and find out what your peers are saying about Infor, SAP, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: June 2022