Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

iGrafx OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

iGrafx is #13 ranked solution in Business Process Design tools and #14 ranked solution in BPM Software. PeerSpot users give iGrafx an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. iGrafx is most commonly compared to Visio: iGrafx vs Visio. iGrafx is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 15% of all views.

Download the Business Process Design Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is iGrafx?
iGrafx business process management and analysis solutions empower organizations to achieve maximum performance. iGrafx captures and communicates the alignment of strategy, people, processes and technology, and unites the entire organization around delivering business value. iGrafx delivers strategic and operational decision support to enable our customers to become and remain world class competitors.
iGrafx Customers
Multinational Bank
iGrafx Video

iGrafx Pricing Advice

What users are saying about iGrafx pricing:
  • "Our license is a subscription-based model that is per user. The solution is not expensive, I believe a subscription-based model is $10 per user."
  • "The licensing part is one of the problems. Its licensing depends on the number of users, so it sometimes gets expensive."
  • iGrafx Reviews

Ganesh-Iyer - PeerSpot reviewer
    Managing Director at SSA Techknowlogies (P) Ltd
    Has great features, offers a simplified setup, and reduces duplication
    • "The solution is very stable."
    • "With iGrafx, the implementation and the licensing were pretty complex."

What is most valuable?

There are a number of features in iGrafx, which are very useful. Primarily, the usage, the enterprise object usage, is something which is in iGrafx that I appreciate. You can link various objects and reuse enterprise objects or artifacts. That reduces duplication and can really help streamline processes.

What needs improvement?

With iGrafx, the implementation and the licensing were pretty complex. Now they have simplified it, so that problem has lessened. They had a very elaborate setup. Depending on the implementation type of module and type of users, they had different account types to be created. It used to get pretty hard to convince people to use it based on what is required. However, luckily, they simplified it.

iGrafx is working on integrating a process mining tool as part of the solution itself. I'm looking forward to that. We’re excited to get to the point where you can build the processes from the data which you have from the other systems.

We’ve been using the solution for over 15 years.

The solution is very stable. I have not had issues in many, many years. It’s reliable. There are no bugs or glitches.

Business Process Design
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about iGrafx, Microsoft, Software AG and others in Business Process Design. Updated: September 2022.
    635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution can scale.

We have a consulting team of about 15 people. Everybody uses iGrafx in different forms. Some use the cloud, and some use the desktop version. We have a larger team that uses iGrafx, and they are an implementation team.

Technical support is very good. They are quick and responsive.

The initial setup used to be pretty complex. That said, over the last year, they’ve made strides to simplify the process. It’s become more straightforward.

Still, it is not as straightforward as other cloud solutions. It might involve a little more integration for users and other things which are required for the active directory. It does take a couple of days to implement. However, that timeline is pretty standard.

We are the implementation partners for iGrafx.

I’m not sure of the exact pricing. However, I would describe their costs as mid-tier.

What other advice do I have?

We are vendors.

We used to use more on-premies deployments. However, recently, we’ve moved to the cloud.

It is one of the top-tier solutions that are available. One of the reasons why we chose to partner with them is due to the fact that they do a very good job. t is meant for business users, and little technical knowledge is required in terms of implementing and using it. That's their biggest advantage.

If the goal of using iGrafx is to bring about process improvements, the goal should be very clear. A lot of times, I find that a client will start with a particular goal yet end up using it for something else. When that happens, they may not get the benefits.

I’d rate the solution nine out of ten.

Victor Lever - PeerSpot reviewer
    Process Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Easy to set up with useful features and good stability
    • "We found the technical support to be helpful."
    • "It would be nice to have a Spanish user interface available to us."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution as a repository for process management.

What is most valuable?

You can easily align the processes with the balancer.

Overall, the solution is very useful and has good features.

They have interfaces in English and German.

The solution was easy to set up.

The solution was very stable.

We found the technical support to be helpful.

What needs improvement?

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a reseller in Mexico. The product needs better product distribution.

It would be nice to have a Spanish user interface available to us.

I tested the solution for a month. It was a 30-day trial. That was about four months ago now.

The solution is very stable and reliable. We did not witness any bugs or glitches. I did not notice it crashing or freezing. It worked well during the evaluation.

As we were simply evaluating the solution, we did not have a chance to scale it. I can't speak to how easy it would be to scale.

I only contacted technical support once. I asked them about the language and they just told me that they had only German and English language options for the trial solution. That said, I found them to be very helpful.

I'm still looking for a solution, however, I haven't found any vendor in Mexico. I'm from Mexico City. I was looking for a reseller in Mexico to assess my needs and to suggest a plan for our deployment and how to maybe use the solution. However, there is no reseller here, so we are still looking for options.

The initial setup was very simple and straightforward. It was not overly complex or difficult.

the deployment was pretty quick and took about a week. However, this was a deployment for testing purposes only.

What other advice do I have?

I've just used the solution for evaluation purposes. I haven't used it for a real project.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations. From what I have seen, it's very useful.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. While I couldn't test the overall functionality, I would like to get support in the natural language of the user - in our case, Spanish. It would be nice if it's in the data formulated in Spanish, and the support was offered in Spanish as well. There also needs to be some sort of partnership with Mexican partners.

Business Process Design
    September 2022
    635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    SumitKumar9 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Architect at HCL
    Helps identify loopholes and shortcomings in projects, but needs to improve its interface
    • "iGrafx gives you the capability of documenting your process and then the ability to use it as a tool for analysis to identify the loopholes and shortcomings of your process."
    • "The solution could benefit from improvements to its interface. More specifically, when compared to other tools, the process modeling features lack symbols or object types that are used to represent the information or data within the process."

What is our primary use case?

My role in my organization is designer and architect. I use iGrafx for process design and process management.

iGrafx is a tool used to implement BPM process management. It streamlines our process and also assists in improving the process.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution could benefit from improvements to its interface. More specifically, when compared to other tools, the process modeling features lack symbols or object types that are used to represent the information or data within the process. By improving this, the user will have a more varied gamut of tools to showcase the information they have within the process.

Not all processes are the same. We have many types of domains, and all those domains have different types of processes. Adding additional symbols or object types would enable us to better express ourselves, which would result in a more detailed and accurate process.

iGrafx would also benefit from including more diagrams like other solutions offer, along with BNM, which has constructs that can be used.

I have been using iGrafx for one year.

iGrapfx is a stable product. I have not seen many outages in the past year.

The product is scalable within limits, depending on your personal requirements. It could be challenging for a large, complex business.

The product is stable, so we have not had too many instances where we needed to reach out to technical support.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

Before using iGrafx, I was using ARIS while working with a previous company.

What other advice do I have?

iGrafx is a good solution and I would recommend it. Businesses vary in their requirements, if people are looking to implement business process management and have a small budget they should consider this solution. It is a good starting point for their BPM journey.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten, because the feature list could be better.

Quality Manager at a consumer goods company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Great BPMN feature; has greatly assisted the company in implementing procedural improvements
    • "Provides a valuable BPMN feature."
    • "The price could be more competitive."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is for charting the processes in relation to the ISO 9000 standard, as far as the process goes. I try to use it as extensively as I can. If I see that a process flow chart is appropriate for any documentation, I try to use that instead of writing a procedure. We are customers of iGrafx and I'm a quality manager.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped our organization because instead of writing long documentation for the shop floor, flow charts make it more attractive for the staff to follow up on and carry out procedures. It's easier to explain things to the people on the floor.

What is most valuable?

The valuable feature for me is the BPMN. I'm using flow charts as BPMN, so that's the basis of my use.

What needs improvement?

If the price of the solution was more competitive, it would have made things easier for our company to extend the usage. Because we are mostly Microsoft-oriented, there are people more inclined towards Visio than iGrafx.

I'd like to see additional features such as a multi-language option which is currently only possible if you publish in Java. I'm publishing in HTML and it's not possible to use multi-language. The same applies concerning the ability to increase and decrease size which would provide extra functionality when publishing. If you're not in the cloud and you're a single user, these things would make a difference.

I've been using this product for 10 years.

It's a stable solution, I haven't had any crashes.

I think the solution is quite scalable although I'm the only one publishing in the company. As a web page, there are many in the company referring to these flow charts.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I carried out a comparison with Visio at the time we were looking to implement a solution. Back then, Visio was not as developed so we went with iGrafx and have continued with that.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using this as a cloud-based solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Managing Director at The Benchmark Company
    Supports simulation, has connectivity with Minitab, and is very stable

What is most valuable?

Simulation is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It can be more user-friendly. Its licensing can also be better.

I have been using this solution for almost three years.

Its stability is very good.

It is scalable. We use it for small and large customers.

Their support is okay.

I have used Visio a little bit. In iGrafx, the simulation part is better, and the connectivity with Minitab is better.

It was easy to set up.

The licensing part is one of the problems. Its licensing depends on the number of users, so it sometimes gets expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to get proper training.

I would rate it an eight out of 10.

Download our free Business Process Design Report and find out what your peers are saying about iGrafx, Microsoft, Software AG, and more!
    Updated: September 2022