HVR Software OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HVR Software is the #2 ranked solution in top Data Replication tools, #12 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools, and #23 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give HVR Software an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. HVR Software is most commonly compared to Oracle GoldenGate: HVR Software vs Oracle GoldenGate. HVR Software is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 76% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is HVR Software?

HVR is a high-ranking data replication software providing real-time data replication with high volume. One of the biggest advantages of this software is that it offers data replication from a variety of data management systems into data warehouses. They provide high-volume hybrid cloud data integration for Microsoft, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services, as well as data integration for Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, Enterprise Data Lake, and Snowflake. Additionally, HVR software offers SAP data replication as well as database replication.

HVR software works as an all-in-one solution for everything necessary for data replication. The data replication software they provide allows organizations to plan, predict, and respond with the most up-to-date available data. The solutions for data replication that HVR provides helps businesses improve their customer service, reduce margins, and resource plan. HVR Software provides real-time reporting and analytics, distributed architecture and manageability and support for various platforms, and enhanced scalability.

HVR Software Features

HRV Software offers many features for its customers, including:

• Table creation and initial load: This HVR feature allows full control over changes between source and target. It features automatic mapping, table creation, and initial load, which contribute to the fast replication and integration of data. HVR includes the Sliced Refresh feature, which can reduce the loading time for massive tables even further. The migration of schema or database changes made on the source to the replicated target is fully automated, providing further convenience for users.

• Change data capture: The CDC feature allows for the replication of data in real time with minimal impact. Through this feature, the changes in the data are discovered as they're being implemented, and the data replicas are synchronized with the original so the changes appear simultaneously on the copies as well.

• Data validation and live comparison: This feature allows users to validate the synchronization of their data, providing timely alerts for any arising issues. As it supports various database management systems, it manages the differences between data types automatically. This feature also comes with a file compare option, allowing direct reading of files instead of relying on external tables to retrieve the data, which gives users quick access to their data.

• Visual statistics for insights: This HVR feature has two capabilities - topology and statistics - through which users can receive performance metrics on their data as well as information on data flows between sources. Topology provides visual elements to illustrate every data flow in an overflow and through statistics. Users can monitor the data flow in real time.

HVR Software Benefits

The benefits of using HVR Software include:

• Training for customers and timely support
  • Supports multi- and bi-directional data movement
  • Over 1,000 transfer types, allowing data replication over various platforms and topologies
  • Low-impact data movement available for high volumes as well
  • API-automated workflow

Reviews from Real Users

HVR Software is one of the highest-rated data replication software by clients. Some of the customer feedback includes:

A Database Administrator at a manufacturing company, who is responsible for data replication, says using HVR Software allows you to sit back and let the software do the job for you while doing nothing other than looking at monitoring reports.

A Lead Infrastructure Engineer at a tech vendor points out that the biggest benefit of HVR Software is that it's a user-friendly solution that can handle heavy traffic.

HVR Software provides a lot of flexibility and serves as a stable data replication software, according to a Solution Delivery Lead and MDM lead at a consultancy.

HVR Software was previously known as HVR, PSB HVR.

HVR Software Customers

Aspen Marketing Services, CACI, Federal Inland Revenue Service, GlobalCollect, Lufthansa Systems, PostNl, US Coast Guard

HVR Software Video

HVR Software Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HVR Software pricing:
  • "I don't have the exact information, but I know it is high, and it is on a yearly basis. There is no additional cost for what we're doing. We're always open to doing things cheaper, so we might potentially implement a different solution."
  • "I've heard that the license for HVR is a bit costly compared to its competitors, but since it's reliable and efficient, I think the customer shouldn't be bothered about the cost."
  • HVR Software Reviews

Database Administrator at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    Good stability and scalability, easy setup, and valuable compare feature
    • "The compare feature is the most valuable piece of it."
    • "The documentation can be laid out better to make it easier to find things, and I really wish there was built-in support for changing passwords. Some features don't work as advertised for the platform/repository database, and HVR is not always the fastest at getting results."

What is our primary use case?

I'm responsible for replicating the data from one source to another. It is constantly running, and we do nothing other than looking at monitoring reports. Once it is established, it is pretty much hands-off.

We are not using its latest version. We are slow to migrate to the new version. We wait until there is a need to upgrade, and we are generally one or two versions behind.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way our organization functions.

What is most valuable?

The compare feature is the most valuable piece of it.

What needs improvement?

The documentation can be laid out better to make it easier to find things, and I really wish there was built-in support for changing passwords.

Data Integration Tools
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about HVR Software, Qlik, Oracle and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: November 2022.
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for three years.

We like its stability.

We like its scalability.

They are adequate.

I have used GoldenGate replication previously.

Installing the software is really straightforward. Getting your replication stream working is a little bit more complicated, but it is not overly complicated.

Its deployment was done in-house. It took weeks.

There are two people to manage it and make sure that it is working. They are part of the data team or the infrastructure team making sure that we're building our analytic pipeline.

We're always open to doing things cheaper, so we might potentially implement a different solution.

We looked at Informatica, but one of the sources that we had was only supported with HVR. That's why we went with HVR.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate HVR an eight out of ten.

Lead Infrastructure Engineer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
    User-friendly solution that can handle heavy traffic
    • "Its arrays are powerful enough to handle migrations even when the replication is happening in the background, without causing any trouble with the ongoing traffic."
    • "HVR Software's technical support could be improved. Whenever we log a case, the response that we get from the support is a bit delayed."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use HVR Software for replication and migration.

How has it helped my organization?

HVR Software is an asynchronous replication solution. Its arrays are powerful enough to handle migrations even when the replication is happening in the background, without causing any trouble with the ongoing traffic.

What is most valuable?

HVR Software's most valuable features are that it's simple to use and allows us to use the command line to quickly complete the entire universal replicative setup.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I'd like to see an automated version of HVR with a script that can be run on a management server where we can provide all the information within the script, or the script can prompt the user to enter the storage area and volume details so that with just a few clicks, the solution will be deployed automatically in the background.

I've been using HVR Software for fourteen months.

HVR Software is stable.

HVR Software is scalable.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup was straightforward because we had all the required documentation.

We used an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate HVR Software as ten out of ten.

Data Integration Tools
    November 2022
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Solution Delivery Lead and MDM lead - Europe at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
    Provides a lot of flexibility and seems stable

What is our primary use case?

We are doing a proof of concept, and we are still building the operating model. We are using it for moving data from one source to another. We will be using HVR with Snowflake.

What is most valuable?

It is not like a traditional ETL, but it gives quite a lot of flexibility.

What needs improvement?

It should have a few more monitoring functionalities. It should also support integration with more data sources. Currently, it supports Snowflake, AWS, and Google Cloud, but it can also support SAP integration. They can make it more flexible.

I have been using this solution for around six months.

It seems to be stable, but we have not yet used it in production. It is still in development.

We are a large enterprise, but it also seems suitable for small and medium enterprises.

We have not contacted their support.

We did not do any deployment at all. We started around six months back, and we are just in the early stages of doing a proof of concept.

We didn't evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Based on our experience so far, I would rate it an eight out of ten. We will get to know more about how it is in a couple of months.

Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about HVR Software, Qlik, Oracle, and more!
    Updated: November 2022