IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

GoodData OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Data Visualization Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is GoodData?

GoodData provides cloud-based big data solutions to companies in any industry. GoodData's platform is a scalable, reliable and secure method of analyzing large data sets. It is specifically useful for companies seeking to gain insights into marketing, sales and customer service performance. GoodData's platform works with any data source and is able to load, store, analyze, visualize and share data sets. This business intelligence (BI) platform is able to access existing data from any source including SaaS, on premise, structured, and unstructured. It allows companies to monitor and manage multiple load processes from its data integration service console. GoodData's big data analysis uses Multidimensional Analytics Query Language (MAQL) and the Extensible Analytics Engine. The combination of these two features results in enhanced multi-level caching, increased performance and the option to include advanced metrics. The platform's data reporting and visualization features are user-friendly, customizable and are cross-platform compatible. GoodData improves collaboration among teams with advanced exporting and sharing capabilities via branded dashboards and offers 24/7 customer support. GoodData's platform has been implemented by many enterprises to improve and optimize services. Switchfly, a company that provides technology solutions aimed at increasing customer engagement, needed a big data platform that was able to efficiently analyze over 60 billion customer impressions made each year. After implementing GoodData's platform, Switchfly was able to provide their clients with relevant insights into customer behavior and accurately measure market impact. GoodData is just one of many SaaS business intelligence products reviewed in our SmartAdvisor; click the link to see more solutions.

GoodData Customers

AutoPilot, Redbubble, showpad, SpareFoot, LogMeIn, CSC

GoodData Video

Archived GoodData Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user241098 - PeerSpot reviewer
Engagement Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
​Setup is straightforward from a business user standpoint but MAQL needs to be easier.

What is most valuable?

Cloud connect Report generator

What needs improvement?

MAQL needs to be easier Better row-level security for end-users

I've used it for nine months, mainly for implementation and delivery to customers.

No issues encountered.
Data Visualization
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about GoodData, Tableau, Visokio and others in Data Visualization. Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

No issues encountered.

When the source is big and/or the source is Netsuite there are issues. For the performance, once data is on the cloud is flawless.

Customer Service: It's excellent. Technical Support: They're very good.

Setup is straightforward from a business user standpoint. All you need is a browser and your login credentials.

We used a vendor team who I would rate 7/10.

We also looked at BIRST and other cloud offerings.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product for your end to end BI needs when its all on the cloud. Learning MAQL requires a little unlearning of SQL. After a quick PoC, the product becomes a breeze
Senior Development Manager - Innovation - ERP Protheus with 1,001-5,000 employees
Zero infrastructure costs and nice dashboards

I've used GoodData for 6 months now. Their customer service is excellent and their technical support is good as well.

Valuable features include:
- Full cloud - zero infrastructure costs (servers, maintenance and automatic updates)
- Nice dashboards which exceed the expectations of many users

All indicators are in a simple and functional dashboard which has helped improve my organization. I implemented in-house and the initial setup was simple with no issues. The ETL tool is easy to use. I'd say that commercial, financial, account and production has room for improvement. I haven't encountered any issues with deployment, stability or scalability yet.

Before deciding on GoodData I also evaluated QlikView and Tableau which I decided not to implement because they are desktop tools (even server solution is poor) and my company needs a datawarehouse and datamart solutions.

GoodData has a low cost of implementation and fast deployment due to the support their team provided me with.

Download our free Data Visualization Report and find out what your peers are saying about GoodData, Tableau, Visokio, and more!
Updated: June 2022