Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence is the #10 ranked solution in top Regression Testing Tools, #13 ranked solution in top Test Automation Tools, and #17 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence is most commonly compared to Selenium HQ: Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence vs Selenium HQ. Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence Buyer's Guide

Download the Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence?

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence is a powerful and easy-to-use solution that gives users the ability to create and test any type of application. There is no type of technology that it cannot be used to test.

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence gives users the power to create products that will best meet the wants and needs of the end user. The solution’s artificial intelligence and machine learning features give users the ability to predict how a new application will impact the audience that receives it. Ultimately, it ensures that the product that is being tested will best meet the requirements of those for whom it is being created.

Benefits of Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence

Some of the benefits of using Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence include:

• Insight into the mindset of end users. Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence tracks users as they use applications or websites. It then employs machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms that figure out the most pressing needs of those who will use the applications that are being created. Users can set these needs into the system and automate the creation and execution of application tests.
  • Simplification of complex processes. Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence’s single unified user interface makes it easier for users to initiate processes by enabling them to initiate all actions from a single location. Setting up and initiating a process does not require any prior knowledge of coding.

Reviews from Real Users

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence is an automated application testing and debugging tool that stands out among its competitors for a number of reasons. Two major ones are the way that it enables users to test applications and the way that it enables users who are not necessarily involved in coding tests to understand the testing processes. There is a large selection of tests that can be used to assess many different aspects of the applications that are being created. Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence also makes it easy for users to follow the testing that their applications are subjected to.

PeerSpot user Jon G., a quality assurance analyst at a transportation company, writes, “What I'm also really happy about - and perhaps this isn't technically about functional testing, but it's related to it - is that DAI's newest release allows us to test via scripts rather than models. This is because we have done 95 percent of our development via functional testing and not through modeling. I am really happy that then we can use the controller to run scripts rather than having to translate things to models. There are lots of options. We are testing many mobile applications through Android Gateway, and that seems to be working great. We have not had any problems with web apps or Windows applications. We are running several scrum lines, and we've just implemented QA and, therefore, QA is important. What we're trying to do is get the ongoing suite of tests that look at things currently, and then it will be a built-on regression suite as we keep going and keep adding more and more tests. We want to improve quality before handing it off to our customers. If we have mainframe stuff, it's nothing that I've had to test or deal with.”

A business analyst at a computer software company writes, “The digital twin tool is perfect for combining the non-technical and technical sides. Someone who is not actually in the code can understand the processes that are presented by the digital twin tool. I was introduced to it with a short introduction of about one and a half hours, and I was very surprised to see something like that because I had only been working with Eggplant programming and coding. With the digital twin tool I can program something and visualize it within a module, within a process. For us, an example of such a use case is creating a new patient.”

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence was previously known as Eggplant DAI.

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence Customers

FUJIFILM Group, NEC Personal Computers

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence Video

Archived Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence Reviews (more than two years old)

DanielWildermuth - PeerSpot reviewer
Testing Tools Expert at Helvetia Versicherungen
Enables you to insert all the various elements into the repository and then run your tests
  • "The most valuable features would be the image recognition and the OCR."
  • "In terms of additional features, it would be helpful to have one package for all testing. You have the manager, the AI, then you have functional, and about 10 different packages for installing."

What is our primary use case?

I'm a Test Tool Expert and we're customers of Eggplant Functional and have a good relationship with them. We were the first company in Switzerland to use them. We automate regression tests and there are eight people in the company currently using the product - some are testers and some developers. On a given day there would two or three people using the product, others might use it once a week or once a month.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be the image recognition and the OCR. We're also using the API now. we also made a POC for the Selenium WebDriver.

When comparing with other tools, the clear advantage of eggplant is that it is system independent.

What needs improvement?

When you have release branches and you make feature branches then you can commit. But you cannot make a push, that can only be done on the master and it's not very compatible.
It can also be difficult if you write a lot of scripts and have some images. If you change the name of one of the images then you have to figure out where it is in the script which can be difficult. I would say make the possibilities not only on the image recognition but also on text recognition, something which Tosca has. It would be helpful to be able to work with drivers like Selenium. The implementation of the Selenium driver is not very compatible.

You have the manager, the AI, then you have functional, and about 10 different packages for installing.

I've been using Eggplant Functional for three years.
Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We haven't had any issues with the stability of this solution.

Technical support has really been very good.

We used to use UFT but not anymore, because we have a lot of legacy applications, and we use a lot of different systems that are dependent on each other and because we are independent from where the system hooks up.

The initial setup was very easy. The only thing, which is not so easy is the Eggplant AI integration because it requires an agent to make the connections between functional and the AI server. We had a problem with that but I was able to sort it out. In 99% of cases it works without any issues.

We had a consultant to assist with implementation and we were very happy with that.

What other advice do I have?

The product isn't pre-installed. We use xCloud. It really is a very good product, very cool.

I would rate the product a nine out of 10.

Charles Netshivhera - PeerSpot reviewer
Integration Specialist at ABSA
A solution that offers good scripting and OCR, but lacks good reporting functionality
  • "The solution is based on a Windows model, where adding users is just a few clicks. It is easy to manage users and add them."
  • "The reporting function is a bit shallow. The solution does not offer very comprehensive reporting in terms of your test results. The reporting time and the logs are very high level as well. These areas need improvement."

What is most valuable?

The OCR (Optical Character Cognition) is a very useful feature. It mirrors your phone or your device system.

The scripting is nice and easy to use. The use of the tool is great. You can recreate scripts as well. It can generate scripts based on your actions from the screen.

What needs improvement?

The setup process is quite lengthy. There's a lot of dependencies. Parts of it need to be centralized.

I've been using the solution for just under a year.

The tool is quite stable. The only issue is connectivity. The RDC connection might be problematic, but I think the call tool itself is quite stable. I haven't really experienced a lot of crashing, or time-outs, or things like that. The stability could be affected by the number of resources available.

I would rate technical support at three out of five. I don't think they have enough coverage for support. The issues take too long to be resolved. There are also relational issues, location issues, or geolocation issues. For example, in my case, when the support person is in America the response will be the day after the ticket was originally issued. It's too slow of a response because the response team is in America.

The installation is easy, but configuration, based on our project at least, is quite extensive.

We implemented the solution ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

Implementation depends on a lot of factors, but you do need a team that has technical knowledge of the tool. There's a lot of configuration involved when you set up the solution.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.

I am not a fan because of the reporting functionality and the difficulty in configuring the solution.

Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence
November 2022
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Test lead/Senior Mobile Automation QA at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees
Nice code generation from flow charts, but the user interface and VPN setup need improvement
  • "The most valuable feature is the ability to create code from a flow chart, and then run the code through it."
  • "We found that we had issues regarding the VPN setup, which is one of the reasons that we did not purchase this solution."

What is our primary use case?

We evaluated this solution and began writing code, but we are not comfortable coding in Eggplant so we are not buying it.

We are definitely moving to an open-source solution.

What needs improvement?

We found that the interface is not user-friendly.

We were not able to write code as fast as with the competing open-source software, so that needs to be improved.

We were not able to view all of the resources that were present.

We spent between one and two months evaluating this solution.

We did not use the product for long enough to rate its stability.

We were in contact with technical support and we found them to be very helpful. They have good knowledge. It is just the product that we are not happy with, and do not feel that it is suitable for our industry.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

We did not evaluate other options before trying Eggplant.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

it_user433410 - PeerSpot reviewer
Teamleader Test Software at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
We can keep all our tests up-to-date all the time
  • "We are able to now automate tests, which so far have been manual."
  • "GUI testing is the strength of the tool. The tool works as expected, and the support response from eggPlant, as a company, has been quick and substantial."
  • "A step forward would be to have event support, because it is more or less linear at the moment."

What is our primary use case?

GUI testing is the strength of the tool. We have been satisfied with the tool, and not only the tool, but the service behind it. The tool works as expected, and the response from eggPlant, as a company, has been quick and substantial.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to now automate tests, which so far have been manual. Now, it is possible to automate them.

What is most valuable?

• The availability of the support.
  • The internet presentation: If there are any questions, most of the questions can be answered with the web presentation and documentation.
  • The strength of the tool is we almost have no unwanted influence on the system of the test, because Eggplant is based on the reality approach.
  • It can be used for different operating platforms.
  • It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

A step forward would be to have event support; supporting different events. At the moment, it is more or less linear. We write the code, but from the tool, we do not have support of events in the system. E.g., programming timers where we have different actions in case certain timers expire. If one part of the program is running, we can get a key event. At the moment, we can implement everything in a linear manner, as predicted.

The world is not linear and can have unpredictable events where you have to react, which should be allowed in a system on a test. The system on a test should be able handle different events at the same time with different elements or servers. At the moment, this is not supported in eggPlant, and it would be a big step forward.

Stability is okay, and has improved from version to version. However, it has not been 100 percent reached, and it will not be reached as long as the software is being developed, used, and new elements are being introduced. Errors and failures can happen, but if you detect them, the support is quick.

I had a case that they improved over the weekend. Friday evening, I detected a bug, and by Monday morning, it was corrected. From this standpoint, the stability with the support behind it, I am very satisfied.

It is scalable, but it is a matter of money in the pocket. You can scale it, but then you have to have additional licenses. The licensing approach of eggPlant is not the best.

The support is good. I would rate the technical support between an eight to nine out of 10.

Previously, we used C# based implementation. The reason that we changed was the instability and inflexibility of the tool. If the system on the test has improved and developed, then we needed a test tool which we could adapt in the same or even faster manner. Our previous tool did not help us in this direction. With eggPlant, we have this possibility and can keep all our tests up-to-date all the time.

The initial setup was easy.

I did the initial setup myself.

We did evaluate another US vendor, but I have forgotten their name. They reused something which were the property rights on eggPlant's site, which is why we did not select them.

What other advice do I have?

You should be very clear about what your goals are. If you have this, then check the fit and the match. Afterwards, have a trial period and again check how the tool fits.

When discussing eggPlant, it is important to use it, implement the scenarios, and run the tool in a regression mode, permanently. Then, you can see the benefit of what you have done and what it is improving. Working with it, this is the important part.

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor is the product. The product has to fulfill our requirements. Then, the vendor should be one that we can trust in.

it_user812943 - PeerSpot reviewer
Lead partner at Selex ES
User
It has low productivity, but provides very strong cross-platform support

It has low productivity, but interesting tool features. It provides very strong cross-platform support.

it_user375345 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Test Consultant\Competency Lead at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Regression test packs are 70% automated. Integration into JIRA, Mantis, and HP ALM etc. is important as most of us use a combination of them.​

Valuable Features

Object recognition on applications with minimal data input, and the fact that it is designed to run on a machine when you can install automation software on the actual device.

Improvements to My Organization

Prior to using the product, all regression testing was done manually for our POS system. Now regression test packs are 70% automated. We have also integrated eggPlant into HP ALM.

Room for Improvement

eggPlants data input is text based and does not easily conform to data driven test, and this makes data management painful. Integration into other vendor tools are important in today’s market, Even though Vendors would like us to use only their toolset, it is not always possible, Integration into JIRA, Mantis, and HP ALM etc. is important as most of us use a combination of them.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

Deployment went smoothly, installed on server and on the client with no problems, and upgrading to new versions were also seamless.

We did however have problems when we tried running the scripts on multiple machines concurrently.

We had licence errors even when we had the correct licences and we got connection issues as well when trying to scale.

Service has been impressive time wise, with basic queries I always got a working answer with more complicated questions (integration or data driven) I would get the “Sales answers” but after speaking to a more senior support person I was given a decent answer.

The set-up was straightforward.

Implementation Team

We implemented with an in-house team.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

I think the licencing model needs to be looked at as it is very expensive, other companies are using/looking at multiple models to assist with various sized companies.

Other Solutions Considered

I did evaluate other automation tools, the problem with the other tools is that you had to install it on the machine with the software being tested. At the time eggPlant was the only tool that could be installed on another machine other than the POS machine and create tests and the object recognition and methods were superior at the time.

Other Advice

If the company only writes systems like POS, and GPS – graphical systems, then eggPlant is a great choice. If the company writes a mix of systems POS, SAP, and insurance software, then I would advise you to use a different tool. The other tools are better suited for high data input systems and have built in mechanisms for tables and similar objects.

Download our free Eggplant Digital Automation Intelligence Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022