IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Druva Phoenix OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Druva Phoenix is #5 ranked solution in top Disaster Recovery as a Service providers, #6 ranked solution in top SaaS Backup tools, and #19 ranked solution in top Cloud Backup tools. PeerSpot users give Druva Phoenix an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Druva Phoenix is most commonly compared to Druva inSync: Druva Phoenix vs Druva inSync. Druva Phoenix is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 54% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the SaaS Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Druva Phoenix?

Druva Phoenix delivers data availability and governance for enterprise infrastructure with a unique cloud-first approach - combining high-performance, scalable backup, DR, archival and analytics to simplify data protection, improve visibility and dramatically reduce the risk, cost and effort of managing today’s complex information environment.

Druva Phoenix Customers

TRC Companies, Family Health Network, GulfMark Offshore, Pall Corporation

Druva Phoenix Video

Druva Phoenix Reviews

IT Director at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Stable, easy to set up, and simple to use
  • "Once you set it up and you tell it exactly what needs to be backed up, you literally forget about it. It sends you emails and notifications of the current status of the jobs."
  • "They were able to give us a very reasonable price considering we were non-for-profit organizations, however, there is always room for improvement on that cost."

What is our primary use case?

We've been using it just for a couple of on-premise servers where we needed to get the data stored somewhere else.

What is most valuable?

The setup process was pretty straightforward. It took less than half an hour to just get it running and set up. As long as you have access to it, the engineers are there. The person who helped us set it up was very knowledgeable and it was handled fairly quickly.

Once you set it up and you tell it exactly what needs to be backed up, you literally forget about it. It sends you emails and notifications of the current status of the jobs. You have access to a portal, or you can just go there and take a look at the backups that were created, and you can see if there were any issues or anything. That's about it. It's one of those things that you just set it and forget it.

It's very simple to use.

The stability has been great.

What needs improvement?

The price is always one of those things that you always look to just improve if you're a not-for-profit organization. We're always looking at lowering costs. They were able to give us a very reasonable price considering we were non-for-profit organizations, however, there is always room for improvement on that cost.

I've used the solution for a while now. It's been close to a year at this point.

SaaS Backup
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Druva, Metallic, Clumio and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: July 2022.
622,949 professionals have used our research since 2012.

In terms of stability, we've had no issues whatsoever. In the beginning, we did la around a bit. We wanted to make sure, for example, that the backup was not running while people were trying to access information. We were worried that it might have caused some slowness if people were accessing the server, however, so far, it's been good. In the end, it was just working in a configuration to make sure the timing was right on the backups and that's it.

We might get 250 licenses for one of our organizations.

That said, I can't speak to the scalability. I have only one specific server that I'm backing up and it's not the actual server itself. It's only the data that resides on that particular server.

Right now, I am the only person that manages the solution in the company.

I've used technical support in the past and they were great. They were very quick when it came to replying. Once you open your ticket and you get a ticket assigned, somebody fairly quickly takes over. They are very forthcoming and very knowledgeable. They're great at answering questions. I'm quite satisfied with the level of service we get.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's very quick and easy. You're done within 30 minutes.

We had someone help us with the setup and they were great. they knew everything and answered our questions.

The price could always be a bit lower.

We're looking at inSync to just allow us to protect some of the data that we have on Office 365 and create that additional layer of protection for our data, emails, et cetera.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

The solution is great for companies that need backup capabilities. It takes less than half an hour to get everything up and running. I was surprised at how easy everything ended up being.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been pretty happy with its capabilities. If they could lower the cost a bit, specifically for non-profits, it would be perfect.

Private Cloud
Download our free SaaS Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about Druva, Metallic, Clumio, and more!
Updated: July 2022