Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Sr Manager - Information Security & Researcher at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Can be used to dig deeper while doing an investigation
  • "Its IOCs alerting mechanism is good. I think it is AI based and categorizes behaviors which are unusual."
  • "Pricing is definitely a problem. It could be cheaper for licensing."

What is our primary use case?

It's an EDR group solution. We use it for behavioral-based analysis.

On our endpoints, we have signature-based and behavioral-based analyses, and we use CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for behavioral-based analyses.

What is most valuable?

I think it has very good features that help dig deeper while doing an investigation. Its IOCs alerting mechanism is good. I think it is AI based and categorizes behaviors which are unusual.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete has good instrumentation, and the user interface is good too.

What needs improvement?

Pricing is definitely a problem. It could be cheaper for licensing.

I've been using CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for 5 years.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete
October 2022
Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable.

It is scalable as well. It's a cloud-based solution, so I don't doubt the scalability. I think it's good.

We have 6,000 end users who are using it.

The technical support is good. You raise a complaint, and they respond immediately.

The installation was smooth and didn't take much time.

We did it by ourselves. We have two or three engineers who run it and perform the rolling, installation, and upgrades.

We have a yearly license, and it could be cheaper.

We evaluated Trend Micro and Sophos before choosing CrowdStrike Falcon Complete.

What other advice do I have?

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is great, and I would rate it at eight on a scale from one to ten.

If you go with this solution, I think that you should also obtain another service called Hybrid Analysis, the premium edition. I think with this, you'll get malware samples you can correlate, and it will be a good tool for the SOC team.

Head Of Information Security (CISO) at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Strong security solution with user-friendly dashboard and great features
  • "There are many different modules with this solution where vulnerability and inventory management can be carried out. The solution has a good dashboard and offers a lot of insights into your systems."
  • "I would like to have the option to deploy on-premise."

What is our primary use case?

This is a security solution used for its antivirus, endpoint detection, and response capabilities.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the option to deploy on-premise.

I have been using this solution for two and a half years.

This solution is very stable.

Since this is a SaaS, it is very scalable. Based on your requirements, you are able to scale on the fly whenever necessary. We currently have over five thousand users.

I had to contact support for some minor issues and they were able to help us out pretty well.

We previously had a signature-based AV prior to switching to CrowdStrike.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward but can vary based on the individual organization's requirements. You do need to push clients to the endpoints which can take time but the overall configuration does not take that much time.

We used a partner for installation.

We now have two administrators and one round-the-clock manager for maintenance of the platform.

There is an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

CrowdStrike is one of the top two EDRs on the market. Since the solution is lightweight, it is able to offer a lot of features and provide you with strong protection against different attacks.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete
October 2022
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Head IT at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scalable, useful artificial intelligence and remote execution tools
  • "The features I have found valuable are artificial intelligence, which protects us against malicious forces of any kind, and device control through the remote execution tool."
  • "The training provided could be better. There is a need to have more training to allow us to fine-tune our settings. Not that training is not comprehensive; they do provide training in hotels where we can go and see videos and other helpful information. However, they should be providing hands-on experience to the system administrators because this would be more useful. The training is normally for corporations and should be available for personal users as well."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, there should be an IT help desk remote controller so that we do not need to go to a separate IT help desk. If there are any issues from the end-users, they should not need to use another tool to connect to the system, desktop, or anything else. If they would be able to facilitate this it would be easier for our engineers to raise a ticket and have the SLAs to support them.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The solution has been scalable in our experience.

The installation is straightforward. My engineers were trained by the partners on how to install the solution in all the areas, for example, the sensors. We did require the initial guidance but if you have prior experience with any other solutions, I do not think people should require special training or instruction. It is a simple and lightweight tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten.

Information Technology Manager and ISMS Auditor at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Effective alerts, excellent technical support, and many install options
  • "If there is something wrong or not normal in the endpoint CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is very responsive."
  • "The solution needs to have human involvement, they could improve by having more automation where the solution can take the necessary action on time and more accurately."

What is our primary use case?

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is used to inform the IT or security analyst if there is something happening inside the endpoint. Additionally, the EDR can take an action by itself if there is something abnormal happening inside the endpoint.

What is most valuable?

If there is something wrong or not normal in the endpoint CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is very responsive. It will give an alert that is very useful and it takes action automatically. There at times needs to be some manual intervention but it is less often.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to have human involvement, they could improve by having more automation where the solution can take the necessary action on time and more accurately.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

I have found the scalability very good.

We have approximately 1,000 users using this solution in my organization.

The technical support is excellent.

The installation is easy. We can install it through Windows Active Directory, send the files to the end-user to install it, or the IT department can install it remotely. The time it took for the full installation throughout our organization took 35 days.

We have four to five people that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

The solution is priced fairly. For the features you receive, it is worth the money.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete ten out of ten.

Senior Principal Security Manager
Reseller
A good endpoint protection tool, with strong threat response features
  • "The threat response from this solution is very comprehensive. It not only allows us to detect the threat, but also to isolate it and check the recovery capability of the compromised system."
  • "This solution is lacking in a recovery feature. If there is a full compromise, this product can't recover the machine, which results in us having to rebuild the entire system."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for endpoint protection of a user, a computer, a server, or a virtualization.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

This solution is lacking in a recovery feature. If there is a full compromise, this product can't recover the machine, which results in us having to rebuild the entire system.

We would also like some data analysis features to be developed for this product.

We have found this solution to be stable.

This product is easily scalable, if it is deployed with consideration being given to increasing the scale.

The technical support for this solution is not very good, and issues will not be picked up unless the ticket raised is extremely precise about what the problem is. Fortunately there is extensive documentation provided to allow for self-help to take place.

There is also a very good user-community group that has been set up, which allows us to contact users in other organizations and knowledge-share with them.

The initial setup of this solution was very easy. However, the deployment could be quite complicated if there is no basic understanding of computer science.

The licensing cost for this solution is $5000, per license, with each machine requiring its own license.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Renju  Varghese - PeerSpot reviewer
General Manager at ITC Infotech
MSP
Intuitive capabilities, scalable, and beneficial cloud implementation

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete are the modern and intuitive capabilities, and because it is cloud-based it is much easier to adopt and roll out to the environment.

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for approximately one year.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is a stable solution.

The scalability of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is good.

We have approximately 1,000 users using this solution in my company. We have plans to increase our usage.

The support is good from CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. We call them and we have a response immediately. They could improve by increasing their knowledge.

I rate the support from CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a four out of five.

Previously used Symantec Endpoint Protection. We switched to CrowdStrike Falcon Complete because we had a lot of real threats that passed through the antivirus and at the same time, we were not getting the right technical support from Symantec.

The setup of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete was easy. We have not yet completed the full implementation, it is still ongoing and we hope to finish it in two to three months.

We had some initial proof of concept and did it on test PCs and test servers. We are moving it into production. We are doing small steps every week.

We had support from CrowdStrike Falcon Complete available during the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten.

Jay Majumdar - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Operations at AkshayaPatra
Light on resources, minimal maintenance, and scales well
  • "The most valuable feature of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is the lightweight design, easily manageable portal, and minimal IT maintenance required."
  • "CrowdStrike Falcon Complete could improve by having advanced features, such as SOC, and HDR. There would have been a lot of processes involved."

What is our primary use case?

We are using CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for fileless attacks, ransomware, and zero-day attacks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is the lightweight design, easily manageable portal, and minimal IT maintenance required.

What needs improvement?

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for approximately three years.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is a stable solution.

The scalability of rowdStrike Falcon Complete is good.

We have approximately 500 computers using the solution. We have approximately 1,200 people using the solution.

I have not contacted the technical support from CrowdStrike Falcon Complete.

The initial setup of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is easy. The time it took for the deployment was approximate one week for 500 computers.

We did the deployment of CrowdStrike Falcon Complete in-house.

There is a license needed to use the solution. The price of the solution is fair.

We evaluated McAfee and Symantec before choosing CrowdStrike Falcon Complete.

Symantec is complicated and it did not have as many features when compared to CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. McAfee is also a very complicated solution.

What other advice do I have?

If you use this solution your environment will be safe.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten.

Cybersecurity Advisor at a security firm with 201-500 employees
A scalable end-point protection solution with a useful incident management feature
  • "I find the incident management feature valuable because it identifies new types of viruses and sends an alert to the console administrator to check the hardware."
  • "It would be better if they offered other language options. It's only in English, and in Latin America, we mostly speak Spanish."

What is most valuable?

I find the incident management feature valuable because it identifies new types of viruses and sends an alert to the console administrator to check the hardware.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete also shows the levels of the rights for both PCs and servers. It also checks the threats and all the attacks on the internet. I also like the console, the interface, the reports, and the dashboard. It's a good product.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if they offered other language options. It's only in English, and in Latin America, we mostly speak Spanish.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is scalable. It's good because you only pay for what you need. If I need 100 agents or if I want to scale to 500, I just have to pay for it because the solution is in the cloud. The companies pay for the users they need.

Technical support is good. The company also offered training for resellers.

The initial setup is easy because of the admin login on the platform. You just send the link to the end-user, click it, and set up the agent. It's that easy. It takes about five minutes to deploy this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users to uninstall other antivirus products before installing this solution. If you don't do it, it will affect its performance.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a nine.

Private Cloud
Download our free CrowdStrike Falcon Complete Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: October 2022