We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Check Point Harmony Email & Office OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Harmony Email & Office is #5 ranked solution in Cloud Workload Security Solutions. PeerSpot users give Check Point Harmony Email & Office an average rating of 10 out of 10. Check Point Harmony Email & Office is most commonly compared to Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks: Check Point Harmony Email & Office vs Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Check Point Harmony Email & Office?

Phishing emails become more sophisticated by the day and can be the start of lateral attacks across organizations, leading to huge losses.

Harmony Email & Office detects and blocks the most advanced phishing attacks across inbound and internal communications in real time – before they reach users.

Check Point Harmony Email & Office was previously known as Check Point CloudGuard, Check Point CloudGuard SaaS .

Check Point Harmony Email & Office Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Harmony Email & Office Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Check Point Harmony Email & Office Customers

Helvetia, Denham Capital, Daymark Solutions, Neopharm Group

Archived Check Point Harmony Email & Office Reviews (more than two years old)

Technology Security Manager at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Intercepts phishing emails and emails laden with malware, viruses, and false links
  • "It seems quite scalable. We don't anticipate any scaling issues. We have it deployed in the cloud."
  • "The most valuable features would be its ability to intercept phishing emails and emails laden with malware, viruses, false links, etc."
  • "Stability has been a pain point. I was going back and forth with my product engineer and project manager for a couple of months. I had the product in a demonstration mode and wasn't satisfied with the results initially. After a few alterations and a few revisions later, it is fine."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for email protection, though the analytics provided with respect to data leakage and user login activity is invaluable.

How has it helped my organization?

My company is a singular key player in a major industry in my country so we are a target at all times for phishing campaigns. We have had bad experiences in the past. Based on those experiences, we have been using Check Point for a couple of months, and in the reporting, we are seeing very good results.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be its ability to intercept phishing emails and emails laden with malware, viruses, false links, etc. The ability to sandbox, extract and interrogate email attachments is also key to safeguard user mailboxes.

What needs improvement?

I have a keen interest in being able to consolidate and being able to have one viewpoint. I want to be able to integrate directly into our centralized login. I would love to see the ability to integrate into our SIEM solution which is on-premise.

I see where in a later update, they have built ability to integrate with an on-premise logging solution, so this is a big plus.

Less than one year.

Stability has been a pain point. I was going back and forth with my product engineer and project manager for a couple of months. I had the product in a demonstration mode and wasn't satisfied with the results initially. After a few alterations and a few revisions later, it is fine.

It seems quite scalable. We don't anticipate any scaling issues. We have it deployed in the cloud.

Their technical support was very responsive. I was not initially satisfied with the length of time it took to get this solution.

I've been a Check Point customer for about 17 years, and I am not accustomed to not getting immediate fixes when I contact support. This was different. However, I am glad it eventually worked out.

A colleague recommend the Check Point solution after we had such significant disruptions with the phishing email campaign. So, we tried it out.

The initial setup was was straightforward. It was unknown territory for me, but the instructions from Check Point were very clear and straight to the point.

I worked directly with Check Point for the deployment. We had a good experience with them.

Being able to keep the phishing campaigns out of my company has been ROI for me.

Do a full feature evaluation (interactive) with a support person. That is what I did.

We also considered Fortinet and Proofpoint. We always look at things like stability, feature set, the position in the market, maturity of the product, cost (because we have a budget that we have to work with), and the availability of technical support. This is why we went with Check Point.

I was part of the decision-making process to implement the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I have been quite pleased with the solution. You have nothing to lose by trying out Check Point.

I would rate it an eight out of ten with room for improvement.

Shawn Nutting
Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Adds value with east-west protection in the data center
  • "Check Point adds value with east-west protection in the data center."
  • "There is always room for improvement and growth."

How has it helped my organization?

It is a value proposition in the market.

What is most valuable?

Lateral data center: Check Point really adds value with east-west protection in the data center.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement and growth.

The stability is great.

We are the consultants.

Palo Alto and Fortinet are some of the other vendors constantly running to the market.

What other advice do I have?

Check Point is a leader in the market. It is a very sound product.

Most people think that when they're with a cloud provider that they're protected through the nature of being in somebody else's cloud. This is where Check Point adds value.

Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Email & Office. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Network Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good threat protection; hackers can't steal information
  • "The main benefit is that hackers can't steal information."
  • "We have used technical support, but their response time is very slow. It needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for security, Elastic Cloud, and Azure Cloud Services.

How has it helped my organization?

The main benefit is to the user. Hackers can't steal their information.

What is most valuable?

Elasticsearch and sandboxing are the most valuable features. Check Point is very good for threat protection, which is our customers' primary concern. Everyday, our customers are asking about new threats.

What needs improvement?

The QoS on the Elastic Cloud could use improvement.

Stability is very good. It has good uptime, which I find acceptable.

The scalability is so-so. The Elasticsearch application is not very transparent.

We switched to Check Point because of the easier deployment on the cloud. It's very strong.

The initial setup was complex. We do the installation in a lab environment before installing it in the customer's environment.

I integrated it myself. The implementation is not easy because of communication between the environment and the environment as a cluster. It is a single gateway.

Having information stolen by a hacker would be more expensive than purchasing a license.

We also looked at Fortinet.

Check Point is a very strong competitor versus Palo Alto.

What other advice do I have?

Try out Check Point. It is a good solution. I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Kellman Meghu
Global Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Automated rule cleanups and automated policy installs have improved my customers' organizations
  • "The automated rule cleanups and automated policy installs have improved my customers' organizations."
  • "The API is its most valuable feature. On the API side, relative to the rest of the market, Check Point is decades ahead of its competitors."
  • "I have learned enough to make the product stable. However, the stability has some challenges."
  • "I would love it if they would do some work on the Postgres definition on the back-end."

What is our primary use case?

We do security automation for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The API is its most valuable feature. On the API side, relative to the rest of the market, Check Point is decades ahead of its competitors. The APIs on some of their competitors are so archaic, they are not even usable.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them do some work on the database back-end and how it is supported, in terms of performance, cleanup, and scalability. In particular, I would love it if they would do some work on the Postgres definition on the back-end.

It is scalable. It can be very scalable in certain scenarios, but you have to make sure it is architected correctly.

Their technical support is very good, but I am fairly technical. I don't have to use them a lot. The product has been pretty good that way.

The initial setup was complex, but we were building something new for the API hosts.

I implemented it myself, and I did a great job!

I was the decision process. I wrote the code for it. I only work with Check Point.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten. It is the best on the market right now. It is not perfect by any means, and it has its challenges, but every product does.

I would advise someone considering this solution to stop wasting your time and get it deployed.

it_user694761
Managing Partner with 51-200 employees
Sharing of documentation is easier now. However, there is too much functionality, which makes it difficult to use.
  • "It is the collaboration between users inside the company. It is a big advantage with Check Point to be able to work together on the same document."
  • "There is too much functionality, which makes it difficult to use. More guidance for users would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We used it to replace the old Lotus Notes application with a full deployment of the Check Point Suite. So, it is more of an Office 365 and Check Point combined deployment, so we had a full ecosystem around Office 365 with Check Point, Outlook and all the different applications available. The idea was to replace old applications based on Notes as a base.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a little bit new, but the sharing of documentation is clearly easier now. It is easier to work within your teams using the Check Point solution so you can easily share a file without sending it by mail. This is an advantage, being able to work on the same document in a work group.

What is most valuable?

It is the collaboration between users inside the company. It is a big advantage with Check Point to be able to work together on the same document.

What needs improvement?

I would like some features that manage projects in more flexible ways, like smart chips. It would be very interesting to share tasks in a very flexible way inside a team or to reorganize planning for a certain project in a very collaborative way. Either integrating or developing something in Check Point to enable flexible project management with smart chips would be easy to use and quite powerful.

We were using Notes before, but it was quite obsolete. The idea was to replace it with something new, in the cloud, so this was our main objective around the Check Point and Office 365 deployment.

What other advice do I have?

It is a major concern for us is to give people enough knowledge to use the product in the proper way. Now it is more about training and management as we have to organize to make sure that everybody is onboard and using the tool in the correct way.

It is always good to compare with different solutions available on the market. This is a Microsoft solution so you are linked with a lot of tools for the integrations, and your integrations with your current landscape are key. An assessment on the different competitors in the market is very relevant for this type of choice.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Quality of applications
  • Ecosystem
  • Price.

The ecosystem of partner is very important. The position in the market, in terms of quality of the application, is key. The cost and price around it are important too.

Often. we need to have a local partner available to make sure that we are not obliged to develop by ourselves a solution. It is key to have people able to help us to deploy something.