Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration is #5 ranked solution in Cloud Workload Protection Platforms and #9 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration an average rating of 8.8 out of 10. Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Cloud: Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration vs Microsoft Defender for Cloud. Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 47% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2022

What is Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration?

Check Point Harmony Email and Office is a cloud-based software offering complete protection to stop malware attacks through emails. The software is designed to provide protection for organizations using Office 365, G Suite, Google Workspace, and all other collaboration and file-sharing apps. Access permissions can be granted and custom policies can be defined for any user of choice.

Check Point Harmony Email and Office identifies and blocks advanced malware, phishing, and ransomware attacks in real time before they reach the user’s inbox. In turn, this also helps protect sensitive business data from breaches. Harmony Email and Office was the first solution to implement machine learning, API, and AI for email security, and will ultimately prevent any attempts at account takeover via agentless multi-factor authentication.

What is Complete Protection?

Check Point Harmony Email and Office offers a superior catch rate for collaboration apps and cloud email with their API-based solution that detects attacks that other solutions miss, including account takeover, supply chain attacks, ransomware, and BEC. The complete protection offers:

• Malware Protection - Recognized by NSS Labs as “most effective in breach prevention,” the solution leverages technologies to bring clean files to users within 1.5 seconds. In addition, enterprises can be safer as the solution prevents malicious messages and files from reaching the user’s inbox.
  • Data Leakage Protection - Any confidential or sensitive information will be marked and have a classified suffix added to the end of the message or file to help keep those materials safe. Those files are encrypted, and the user will be alerted to any attempted breach of those messages.
  • Phishing Protection - Before advanced phishing attacks reach the end user, Harmony Email and Office detects and blocks them, including outbound, inbound, and internal communications.
  • Account Takeover Protection - After a user connects their cloud app, the solution captures the user's history and creates a profile and a custom threat profile. In the event of a suspected account takeover, threat intelligence is leveraged through millions of Check Point-secured gateways and endpoints and is blocked.

Reviews from Real Users

Check Point Harmony Email and Office offers a revolutionary prevention solution to stop malware attacks through emails. Users particularly like its visibility and the ability to protect sensitive business data.

David U., a CISO at IMC companies, notes, "It provides visibility of events, what's going on with the environment, what we're missing with our other solution, and the user behavior."

Mantu S., a senior technology architect at Incedo Inc., writes, "We are able to protect sensitive business data and maintain regulatory compliance with advanced data leak prevention (DLP)."

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration was previously known as Check Point Harmony Email & Office, Check Point CloudGuard, Check Point CloudGuard SaaS .

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Customers

Helvetia, Denham Capital, Daymark Solutions, Neopharm Group

Archived Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Reviews (more than two years old)

Oleg Pekar - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Network/Security Engineer at Skywind Group
Offers advanced visibility using good monitoring and alerting capabilities
  • "As with most of the other Check Point products, the CloudGuard SaaS has the advanced visibility of the events and alerts."
  • "From time to time, the system's administrators notice the increase in the false-positive alerts being reported by CloudGuard SaaS."

What is our primary use case?

About one year ago, we decided to switch from the on-premises located email server, based on Zimbra software, to the cloud-based Office 365 provided by Microsoft. We did this because of the increased load that followed after the company's growth.

To provide the security coverage to the new email service, we chose the Check Point CloudGuard SaaS solution. Now it serves as the main protection mechanism, with about 500 users and up to 10,000 emails per day, and there are no problems with the scalability for future growth.

How has it helped my organization?

The Check Point CloudGuard SaaS solution is used mostly to prevent malware and zero-day threats. It protects the Microsoft Office 365 cloud email service users of our company against attacks. It is also capable of stopping the sophisticated phishing attacks on the Office 365 accounts and block the possible account hijacks.

It would be really hard to achieve such a level of protection with the on-premises email server without using some email-server specific software, but with CloudGuard SaaS it was easy to integrate the security into the Microsoft email services.

What is most valuable?

As with most of the other Check Point products, the CloudGuard SaaS has the advanced visibility of the events and alerts. In general, the monitoring and alerting is just great, and the default dashboards provided are used by our support team as part of the SoC solution.

In addition, the CloudGuard SaaS is capable of preventing data leakage, thus may serve as the basic DLP system for the cloud email system. We rely on this functionality and block the emails that contain the card numbers patterns as part of the compliance regulations.

What needs improvement?

From time to time, the system's administrators notice the increase in the false-positive alerts being reported by CloudGuard SaaS. The increase usually lasts for several days, with the longest we observed being about a week. During these periods, some number of the "clean" emails are blocked and not delivered to the end-users. I hope the Check Point team would work on improving the detection algorithm and the amount of the false-positive alerts would be more predictable, stable on the minimal level.

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration
October 2022
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We onboarded the Check Point CloudGuard SaaS about a year ago, after switching from our on-prem email system to the cloud-based Office 365.

The solution is mature and stable.

The solution is scalable. We now have about 500 active users and see no issues with the performance.

We haven't had any support cases opened for Check Point CloudGuard SaaS so far.

We didn't have previous experience with any SaaS security solution before switching.

The setup was straightforward, but quite long due to the need for API integration configuration. In total, it took us about a month to deploy.

The solution was implemented by the in-house team of security engineers and email system administrators, without the prior experience of the CloudGuard SaaS.

We didn't evaluate the other products, since we have a strong expertise among the team with the other Check Point solution, and were satisfied with them.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
IT Security Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sifts through and quarantines phishing emails for us, enabling us to check them further
  • "We need the phishing detection and email quarantine. Once an email is considered malicious, it stays in the quarantine where we can interrogate it. We can check out why it was quarantined and see if it should be delivered to the individual."
  • "We still get some false positives. There are times when legitimate stuff gets flagged and it could be that somebody is expecting a very important email but they don't end up getting it. On the flip side, when we alert Check Point about stuff like this, it is corrected, so they are improving. That's a plus."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to secure an email gateway.

How has it helped my organization?

People are now thinking twice before clicking on something, and if it's suspicious they don't have a chance to click because it's quarantined.

We also provide a process where someone can request an email from quarantine. There are times when legal email gets through because of the subject line or the content. We're able to check it, and also double-check with our individuals to ask if they expected an email from the sender. They can confirm the sender and it can be released. That added layer of protection is always good.

What is most valuable?

We need the phishing detection and email quarantine. Once an email is considered malicious, it stays in the quarantine where we can interrogate it. We can check out why it was quarantined and see if it should be delivered to the individual.

With the greater use of mobile phones there is more threat of email being compromised. Having the phishing detection is very valuable because we get hundreds of phishing emails per day. Having something to sift through them and alert us that they may be phishing emails, so that we can go in and further now check them, is a very valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We still get some false positives. There are times when legitimate stuff gets flagged and it could be that somebody is expecting a very important email but they don't end up getting it. On the flip side, when we alert Check Point about stuff like this, it is corrected, so they are improving. That's a plus.

In terms of additional features, right now it shows you login activity for Office 365, a bit of a broad overview. I would like to be able to drill down further into that to see real-time login events on a map.

I've been using Check Point CloudGuard SaaS for almost two years.

It has been pretty stable. Sometimes Check Point has a cloud issue and we have had instances where that particular box might have been down, but we get alerted that it's being worked on and when it's back up we are alerted as well. Things happen but they always keep up in the loop.

We haven't needed to really scale up or scale up or down.

We have Office 365 for pretty much the whole company, which is over 1,000 users. CloudGuard has been implemented across 100 percent of our company.

For CloudGuard, specifically, their tech support is very responsive. Once we send an email to the guys we work with, they're immediately ready to set up a meeting or set up a call so that we can work through it.

We didn't have anything prior to CloudGuard. We needed something to catch phishing emails and malicious emails, malware, and to have a sandbox area so that we could check the classification, as well as quarantine and release.

The setup was pretty straightforward. We were up and running within a week.

It is my manager and I who are using and maintaining the solution on a daily basis. In terms of maintenance, we've had mis-classifications of emails where we had to reach out to Check Point and they have assisted and helped us fix any issues that we have come across.

We had assistance from Check Point. They were fairly helpful. It's a fairly new solution so we've had a few false positives. We contacted them and helped them to pinpoint some things they could go ahead and fix.

Because of its features and abilities, it has saved us from a lot of possible breaches. That's always a plus.

It's best to cover all your needs because you're going to want all your emails to be checked.

We were looking at a few other options, although I don't remember which ones.

The difference between them boiled down to money. Price-wise, Check Point was very good, it was very competitive.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you do your homework and compare all the possible vendors to ensure that you get what you really want out of a solution like this.

The biggest lesson I have learned from using CloudGuard is that even legitimate emails can look suspicious. You need to take that little extra step to check them.

Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration
October 2022
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager Firewall and Security at W.R. Grace & Co.
Daily phishing attacks are no longer negatively impacting us, and we no longer have data exfiltration
  • "The feature I find to be most valuable is very much the zero-touch provisioning. I was able to be up, operational, and 100 percent functional in less than a half an hour."
  • "if a phishing email were to get through and bypass the product — which very few do — it would be nice if, when a user clicked on that phishing email, they got a second-chance opportunity, a chance to double-check that they really wanted to proceed to that website."

What is our primary use case?

We have 4,000 users globally, dispersed all over the world including at our manufacturing locations. The CloudGuard SaaS solution is protecting our Office 365 email environment as well as our Office 365 OneDrive environment from malware and other malicious content. Our CloudGuard Connect instance is protecting our remote plants and acting as a cloud-based firewall enforcement point that is 100 percent managed in the cloud as opposed to on-prem.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to deploying the product, we were getting daily phishing attacks which were directly impacting our business. We had data exfiltration. I can't remember the exact number of incidents we had, but since deploying the product we are now catching approximately 500 phishing attacks a day, attacks that are no longer negatively impacting the organization.

What is most valuable?

I also appreciate the fact that the management aspect of it is all cloud-based and there's very little daily care and feeding and operational work to be done. It just functions.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas that I would like to see them develop into the product would be in the user feedback arena. Today, if a phishing email were to get through and bypass the product — which very few do — it would be nice if, when a user clicked on that phishing email, they got a second-chance opportunity, a chance to double-check that they really wanted to proceed to that website.

We were a CloudGuard customer in early availabilities, so we've been using the product for three years.

The platform is extremely stable. Given the fact that it is cloud-based and SaaS, we have had zero downtime on the product in the years that we've had it.

The upgrade path has been 100 percent handled by Check Point. They send a notification letting us know when they're going to upgrade. Upgrades have taken very little time because they're able to do them on the back-end in the cloud and just switch our instance over. It's been one of the easiest implementations and products to maintain that I've ever used in my 30-plus years in IT.

I don't consider the question of its scalability applicable because it's very much cloud-based and it's elastic and it will expand to the size of the environment that you have. We're looking at just over 4,000 users running on the product without any issue and without any problem.

Check Point's technical support for this product is fantastic. We have been a long-term Check Point customer using the firewall technologies for close to 22 years. And one of the things that Check Point brings to the table is the superior partnership and superior technical skill sets to support their product line. That has trickled down and come through into the SaaS-based solutions.

I would expect nothing other than excellence from Check Point and that's what has been delivered in any technical issue I've had with this product. There have been few to no technical issues with the product. I can't think of the last time I've had to contact support on this product.

Before Check Point CloudGuard SaaS, we didn't have a solution that was capturing malicious emails.

The initial setup of the solution was extremely straightforward and extremely simple. You just connect your Office 365 environment into it, the policy is about a half-a-dozen check boxes of decisions that you make, and the product starts to function and starts to inspect your mail and protect your mail immediately. You will see immediate results. I make the joke that it takes 30 minutes to deploy, and that's with a cup of coffee in the middle. It's a very, very, very, easy product to deploy.

Our implementation strategy was that we went in using Detect mode. We let it run in Detect mode for approximately two weeks to get to a comfort level regarding the accuracy of the product, and then we turned it into Prevent (Inline) mode. Our concern was that we were going to see a lot of false positives. But in fact, we didn't actually see any false positives. Everything that it caught was 100 percent accurate and malicious. Over the time we've run the product, which is approximately three years, we have had to release from quarantine, in total, over those three years, less than 100 emails. That's impressive.

ROI is an interesting piece because, when you talk about security, the return on investment becomes a very intangible return. Security is a cost. It isn't something that's going to give you payback. But the intangible that we're seeing is a more productive workforce because we're not under cyber attack. We don't have to worry about how people respond to attacks or to have a team deal with them. And we no longer have data exfiltration and potential loss — be it reputational damage or financial loss — because of cyber exposure.

Still, when you talk about a return on investment for this kind of product, that's very intangible. Can I say, "Yes, we're getting paid back for what we put into the product?" No, I can't say that. But what I can say is we are not losing because of not having the product.

It's hard to advise people on pricing and licensing. It's priced per user, although I do not remember what the list-price per user is and I don't even remember what we pay per user. But Check Point has always been very good about its licensing models. One of the nice features is that the licensing model is elastic, so if you go over your license count, you can add users during your billing cycle and true-up later. That type of policy is great for a company such as ours that does M&A activity and sees the occasional burst in employee count.

There are absolutely no additional costs to the standard licensing fees. One of the wonderful pieces is that CloudGuard SaaS is all-inclusive in its licensing. There's no a-la-carte functionality. You're getting 100 percent of the product for the licensing that you're paying.

We did do an evaluation of other solutions before putting this product in. We looked at a Microsoft-based solution and we did a bake-off, head-to-head, between the Check Point solution and the micro Microsoft solution. The Check Point solution was superior in its catch-rate and accuracy.

In comparing the two products, what I have found is that structurally, the way Check Point is approaching the catch rate, they're looking more behavioral-based, whereas Microsoft was looking at a signature-based type of solution. That means that the Check Point data is always fresh and current, while Microsoft had to wait to develop its signature and had to wait for somebody to report a malicious content email. It's modern technology with Check Point versus old-school and archaic with Microsoft. That is the best way to describe the two approaches. Clearly, Check Point is a security partner. Microsoft is delivering an application.

What other advice do I have?

They have two different products. One is CloudGuard SaaS, the other is CloudGuard Connect.

The biggest advice I would give is don't go in with fear. Go in confident, because the product is almost too good to be true and it's simple. It really is as simple as it seems, and you will see value within the first 30 minutes of the product running.

The biggest lesson I have learned from using this solution is that visibility is key, and this product has given me more visibility into the attack vectors that our company is under on a daily basis. It has enabled us to then pivot and look at other security solutions. So I would advise to look at the data, understand the data, and understand who your adversaries are. Because once you understand that, you can then leverage your investment in the Check Point product line to further protect your organization.

The reporting functionality has greatly improved over the time I've used the product, so I've been very pleased with that, and I have provided that feedback to Check Point. I'm very tight with R&D at Check Point, so most of the feature functionality that I've needed has been released into the newer versions of the product.

Because I was part of the EA program, I had a lot of input into how the product was developed. I worked very tightly with R&D, as a customer. The partnership between our two companies, between Grace and Check Point, was a great advantage to both companies. I can't say enough about it. It has just been phenomenal.

Currently, our CloudGuard SaaS is managed by two different groups. It is managed by our information security group, which is what I'm part of and lead and manage, as well as our messaging team, which has insight into the content as well as the email flow. When we deployed this product, we thought that it was going to take a lot of people to maintain it and to manage it. We actually have two individuals who are into the product part-time, and spending very little time per week on it. And one of those individuals is just running reports out of the product to provide them to the senior management. There is a very, very low footprint from a workflow and employee perspective, to manage a very powerful product.

I would rate this product at 10 out of 10 all the way. I have nothing but good things to say about the product.

JaapGiliam - PeerSpot reviewer
Owner at Giliam Network & System Solutions
Good security, nice interface, easy to use, and the support is good
  • "The program has a nice interface and it is easy to use."
  • "At this time, the two-factor authentication does not work for Active Directory."

What is our primary use case?

We use CloudGuard SaaS to protect our cloud-based services from security threats. It is responsible for our Office 365 environment, OneDrive, SharePoint, Dropbox, G-Suite, and more.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our visibility. Last week, one of our Office 365 customers was hacked and we were able to see details such as the attacker's IP address and country. It allows us to better decide what to do, such as activating two-factor authentication.

What is most valuable?

The security level is fairly high, given the price.

The program has a nice interface and it is easy to use.

There is an extra option available for two-factor authentication that you install an app onto your mobile device for. You can, for example, set it up so that you can't get into Office 365 without authenticating access from your phone.

What needs improvement?

At this time, the two-factor authentication does not work for Active Directory. This is something that we are looking forward to.

I have been using CloudGuard SaaS for close to six months.

I have 60 customers who are using CloudGuard.

The technical support from Check Point is very good.

The price is very good, based on what they deliver.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a solution that we are absolutely satisfied with and I definitely recommend it. In my opinion, using this product is necessary.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Technology Security Manager at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Intercepts phishing emails and emails laden with malware, viruses, and false links
  • "It seems quite scalable. We don't anticipate any scaling issues. We have it deployed in the cloud."
  • "The most valuable features would be its ability to intercept phishing emails and emails laden with malware, viruses, false links, etc."
  • "Stability has been a pain point. I was going back and forth with my product engineer and project manager for a couple of months. I had the product in a demonstration mode and wasn't satisfied with the results initially. After a few alterations and a few revisions later, it is fine."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for email protection, though the analytics provided with respect to data leakage and user login activity is invaluable.

How has it helped my organization?

My company is a singular key player in a major industry in my country so we are a target at all times for phishing campaigns. We have had bad experiences in the past. Based on those experiences, we have been using Check Point for a couple of months, and in the reporting, we are seeing very good results.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be its ability to intercept phishing emails and emails laden with malware, viruses, false links, etc. The ability to sandbox, extract and interrogate email attachments is also key to safeguard user mailboxes.

What needs improvement?

I have a keen interest in being able to consolidate and being able to have one viewpoint. I want to be able to integrate directly into our centralized login. I would love to see the ability to integrate into our SIEM solution which is on-premise.

I see where in a later update, they have built ability to integrate with an on-premise logging solution, so this is a big plus.

Less than one year.

Stability has been a pain point. I was going back and forth with my product engineer and project manager for a couple of months. I had the product in a demonstration mode and wasn't satisfied with the results initially. After a few alterations and a few revisions later, it is fine.

It seems quite scalable. We don't anticipate any scaling issues. We have it deployed in the cloud.

Their technical support was very responsive. I was not initially satisfied with the length of time it took to get this solution.

I've been a Check Point customer for about 17 years, and I am not accustomed to not getting immediate fixes when I contact support. This was different. However, I am glad it eventually worked out.

A colleague recommend the Check Point solution after we had such significant disruptions with the phishing email campaign. So, we tried it out.

The initial setup was was straightforward. It was unknown territory for me, but the instructions from Check Point were very clear and straight to the point.

I worked directly with Check Point for the deployment. We had a good experience with them.

Being able to keep the phishing campaigns out of my company has been ROI for me.

Do a full feature evaluation (interactive) with a support person. That is what I did.

We also considered Fortinet and Proofpoint. We always look at things like stability, feature set, the position in the market, maturity of the product, cost (because we have a budget that we have to work with), and the availability of technical support. This is why we went with Check Point.

I was part of the decision-making process to implement the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I have been quite pleased with the solution. You have nothing to lose by trying out Check Point.

I would rate it an eight out of ten with room for improvement.

Shawn Nutting - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Adds value with east-west protection in the data center
  • "Check Point adds value with east-west protection in the data center."
  • "There is always room for improvement and growth."

How has it helped my organization?

It is a value proposition in the market.

What is most valuable?

Lateral data center: Check Point really adds value with east-west protection in the data center.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement and growth.

The stability is great.

We are the consultants.

Palo Alto and Fortinet are some of the other vendors constantly running to the market.

What other advice do I have?

Check Point is a leader in the market. It is a very sound product.

Most people think that when they're with a cloud provider that they're protected through the nature of being in somebody else's cloud. This is where Check Point adds value.

Network Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good threat protection; hackers can't steal information
  • "The main benefit is that hackers can't steal information."
  • "We have used technical support, but their response time is very slow. It needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for security, Elastic Cloud, and Azure Cloud Services.

How has it helped my organization?

The main benefit is to the user. Hackers can't steal their information.

What is most valuable?

Elasticsearch and sandboxing are the most valuable features. Check Point is very good for threat protection, which is our customers' primary concern. Everyday, our customers are asking about new threats.

What needs improvement?

The QoS on the Elastic Cloud could use improvement.

Stability is very good. It has good uptime, which I find acceptable.

The scalability is so-so. The Elasticsearch application is not very transparent.

We switched to Check Point because of the easier deployment on the cloud. It's very strong.

The initial setup was complex. We do the installation in a lab environment before installing it in the customer's environment.

I integrated it myself. The implementation is not easy because of communication between the environment and the environment as a cluster. It is a single gateway.

Having information stolen by a hacker would be more expensive than purchasing a license.

We also looked at Fortinet.

Check Point is a very strong competitor versus Palo Alto.

What other advice do I have?

Try out Check Point. It is a good solution. I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Kellman Meghu - PeerSpot reviewer
Global Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Automated rule cleanups and automated policy installs have improved my customers' organizations
  • "The automated rule cleanups and automated policy installs have improved my customers' organizations."
  • "The API is its most valuable feature. On the API side, relative to the rest of the market, Check Point is decades ahead of its competitors."
  • "I have learned enough to make the product stable. However, the stability has some challenges."
  • "I would love it if they would do some work on the Postgres definition on the back-end."

What is our primary use case?

We do security automation for our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The API is its most valuable feature. On the API side, relative to the rest of the market, Check Point is decades ahead of its competitors. The APIs on some of their competitors are so archaic, they are not even usable.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see them do some work on the database back-end and how it is supported, in terms of performance, cleanup, and scalability. In particular, I would love it if they would do some work on the Postgres definition on the back-end.

It is scalable. It can be very scalable in certain scenarios, but you have to make sure it is architected correctly.

Their technical support is very good, but I am fairly technical. I don't have to use them a lot. The product has been pretty good that way.

The initial setup was complex, but we were building something new for the API hosts.

I implemented it myself, and I did a great job!

I was the decision process. I wrote the code for it. I only work with Check Point.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a ten out of ten. It is the best on the market right now. It is not perfect by any means, and it has its challenges, but every product does.

I would advise someone considering this solution to stop wasting your time and get it deployed.

it_user694761 - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing Partner with 51-200 employees
Sharing of documentation is easier now. However, there is too much functionality, which makes it difficult to use.
  • "It is the collaboration between users inside the company. It is a big advantage with Check Point to be able to work together on the same document."
  • "There is too much functionality, which makes it difficult to use. More guidance for users would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We used it to replace the old Lotus Notes application with a full deployment of the Check Point Suite. So, it is more of an Office 365 and Check Point combined deployment, so we had a full ecosystem around Office 365 with Check Point, Outlook and all the different applications available. The idea was to replace old applications based on Notes as a base.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a little bit new, but the sharing of documentation is clearly easier now. It is easier to work within your teams using the Check Point solution so you can easily share a file without sending it by mail. This is an advantage, being able to work on the same document in a work group.

What is most valuable?

It is the collaboration between users inside the company. It is a big advantage with Check Point to be able to work together on the same document.

What needs improvement?

I would like some features that manage projects in more flexible ways, like smart chips. It would be very interesting to share tasks in a very flexible way inside a team or to reorganize planning for a certain project in a very collaborative way. Either integrating or developing something in Check Point to enable flexible project management with smart chips would be easy to use and quite powerful.

We were using Notes before, but it was quite obsolete. The idea was to replace it with something new, in the cloud, so this was our main objective around the Check Point and Office 365 deployment.

What other advice do I have?

It is a major concern for us is to give people enough knowledge to use the product in the proper way. Now it is more about training and management as we have to organize to make sure that everybody is onboard and using the tool in the correct way.

It is always good to compare with different solutions available on the market. This is a Microsoft solution so you are linked with a lot of tools for the integrations, and your integrations with your current landscape are key. An assessment on the different competitors in the market is very relevant for this type of choice.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Quality of applications
  • Ecosystem
  • Price.

The ecosystem of partner is very important. The position in the market, in terms of quality of the application, is key. The cost and price around it are important too.

Often. we need to have a local partner available to make sure that we are not obliged to develop by ourselves a solution. It is key to have people able to help us to deploy something.

Download our free Check Point Harmony Email & Collaboration Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: October 2022