Azure Site Recovery OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Azure Site Recovery is the #3 ranked solution in top Disaster Recovery as a Service providers. PeerSpot users give Azure Site Recovery an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Azure Site Recovery is most commonly compared to Veeam Backup & Replication: Azure Site Recovery vs Veeam Backup & Replication. Azure Site Recovery is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Disaster Recovery as a Service Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Azure Site Recovery?

Help your business to keep doing business - even during major IT outages. Azure Site Recovery offers ease of deployment, cost effectiveness, and dependability. Deploy replication, failover, and recovery processes through Site Recovery to help keep your applications running during planned and unplanned outages. Site Recovery is a native disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS), and Microsoft been recognized as a leader in DRaaS based on completeness of vision and ability to execute by Gartner in the 2018 Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service.

Azure Site Recovery Customers

Russell Reynolds Associates, Union Insurance, Rackspace

Azure Site Recovery Video

Azure Site Recovery Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Azure Site Recovery pricing:
"It should have more straightforward billing. The billing was what got funky. It was really cheap. We would pay based on the usage. We paid around $225 a month for site-to-site replication."

Azure Site Recovery Reviews

MikeChacker - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Manager Global Service Delivery at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A scalable and easy-to-deploy solution that always works and provides a snapshot of your environment in about 15 minutes
  • "The most useful thing is that it provides a snapshot of your environment in about 15 minutes. It is stable, and it always works. It is also scalable and easy to set up."
  • "It is for site-to-site replication. When something goes wrong on your site, you only get 15 minutes before it also goes wrong on your replicated site. There should be some way to be able to say that we want to restore it, but we want to restore it to the version from yesterday. It should support versioning. I would also like to see real-time scanning for advanced threat protection, more straightforward billing, and quicker turnaround on the tech support."

What is our primary use case?

We back up our site to it and use it for a VR. We are using the most up to date version of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The most useful thing is that it provides a snapshot of your environment in about 15 minutes.

It is stable, and it always works. It is also scalable and easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

It is for site-to-site replication. When something goes wrong on your site, you only get 15 minutes before it also goes wrong on your replicated site. There should be some way to be able to say that we want to restore it, but we want to restore it to the version from yesterday. It should support versioning.

I would also like to see real-time scanning for advanced threat protection, more straightforward billing, and quicker turnaround on the tech support.

I have been using this solution for three years.

Disaster Recovery as a Service
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, VMware, IBM and others in Disaster Recovery as a Service. Updated: November 2022.
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It always works.

It is scalable. Currently, we have only one user who uses it.

I don't work with tech support, but they can have a quicker turnaround on the tech support.

It was pretty straightforward. It was just installing the clients and setting up your site recovery. You can also use the documentation.

Our network or systems engineer maintains it.

It should have more straightforward billing. The billing was what got funky. It was really cheap. We would pay based on the usage. We paid around $225 a month for site-to-site replication.

What other advice do I have?

The best advice that I could give is to just research what Azure Site Recovery is for. It is not a backup solution. So, even though you have enabled Site Recovery, you still need backups.

I would rate Azure Site Recovery a nine out of ten.

Cloud Architect at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
A great solution for migrations and backup with good documentation

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution primarily for migrations, backup and BCP.

What is most valuable?

All the features are great.

What needs improvement?

The immutable backup could be better and should be improved.

We have been using this solution for about four years. It is deployed differently depending on the customer.

It is a stable product.

It is scalable. Our customers are small and midsize businesses.

The technical support is good.

The initial setup was straightforward and took about 4 hours to complete.

The pricing should be free, and I think it should not be that expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a nine out of ten. The documentation is good, and it can be integrated with other products.

Disaster Recovery as a Service
November 2022
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Fernando Cordero - PeerSpot reviewer
Technology Officer at GikBrain
Disaster recovery solution used for compliance and commitment in RTO and RPO

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution mainly for compliance and to a DR and a commitment in RTO and RPO.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the visibility of what is happening with our business as well as the good reporting and dashboards.

What needs improvement?

The pricing predictability and clarity around the final cost of the plan of this solution could be improved.

I have been using this solution for two years.

This is a stable solution.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Disaster Recovery as a Service Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, VMware, IBM, and more!
Updated: November 2022