We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Senior Consultant at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
Easy to set up and deploy with helpful technical support
  • "The performance has been fine so far."
  • "The product would be better if they offered more integration capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

The most important use case is to backup notebooks and other environments of the completed image and to back up global environment imaging and you can leverage the backup when you are making a migration as well.

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable. The performance has been fine so far.

We found the installation process to be pretty simple. You don't need a huge team to implement it. Just one person is fine.

Technical support is great.

What needs improvement?

I don't find the product to be overly scalable.

The product would be better if they offered more integration capabilities.

I've used this solution for this year and the previous year as well. In total, we've likely used it for four or five years at this point.

We've found the stability to be very good. The solution is reliable and offers nice performance. There aren't bugs. It's not glitchy. I don't find that it crashes or freeze.

The product isn't very scalable. It's an aspect they could improve upon. Right now, it's limited.

We have six to seven customers using the solution. There might even be a few more in some special environments.

The support has been great. they don't need to be faster. They're very helpful and responsive, and we're satisfied overall. We find having them to be very important.

The initial implementation was not complex or difficult. It was very easy, very straightforward.

The deployment itself only takes about an hour or so. It's not a long and drawn-out process.

You only need one person - an admin - for the deployment and maintenance tasks.

We pay a yearly licensing fee. There are no additional costs to the standard license and fees.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise other users that, if you're making a backup with Acronis, you always ensure you do a double backup.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies. It offers an excellent level of service. We are satisfied with them.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Albert Simon
Co-Owner at Angels Dtp
Works in the background and lets me easily recover from accidental file deletions or other errors
  • "The most valuable feature is the fact that it backs up my systems transparently in the background, and I'm not even conscious of it."
  • "When I first started using Acronis, I found it a little bit confusing when it came to the configuration."

What is our primary use case?

I use the basic Acronis solution to back up all of my drives. I have a desktop and a laptop, with several hard drives attached to them.

How has it helped my organization?

In difficult situations, where something was accidentally erased or there was another kind of error, I can return to the latest backup and recover. For me, it's been very successful and very effective.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the fact that it backs up my systems transparently in the background, and I'm not even conscious of it. I just get a notice that it's successfully backed up.

What needs improvement?

When I first started using Acronis, I found it a little bit confusing when it came to the configuration.

Sometimes I have a problem where my settings need to be reset. However, I have been using it for so long that I know what I have to do it fix them.

I have been using Acronis for between three and four years.

This is a stable solution, other than the occasional problem that I have with needing to reset the settings.

Technical support is excellent. When I needed help, in the beginning, they did it with a remote connection. They were able to log into my system, take care of the problem, and explain what they did.

I have been in contact with them from time to time and they are still excellent.

I needed help from technical support in the beginning when I first started working with it.

The cost of updates is less than $100 USD yearly. If you don't update it then there are no additional charges.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Acronis is to contact support if they have any trouble. I would definitely recommend them. As it is now, this is a product that I am satisfied with the way it is, and I cannot think of any additional features that I would need.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Acronis Backup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Technical Presales - Server & Storage at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Good security, user friendly, and simple buying options and deployments
  • "It has simple buying options and deployments. You can buy on-cloud, on-premises, or hybrid solutions. Acronis Backup is very easy to deploy. It also does not consume much hardware. The administrator's tasks are very simple. It is very user friendly, and it also has good security features with low-level encryption and data encryption."
  • "They can include something called a backup appliance. Although Acronis is a software-driven company, it would be good for customers to have some kind of backup appliance on top of a lightweight operating system. This will also reduce the cost. Currently, the customers have to buy the hardware in addition to the operating system, which increases the overhead in terms of procurement."

What is most valuable?

It has simple buying options and deployments. You can buy on-cloud, on-premises, or hybrid solutions. Acronis Backup is very easy to deploy. It also does not consume much hardware. The administrator's tasks are very simple.

It is very user friendly, and it also has good security features with low-level encryption and data encryption.

What needs improvement?

They can include something called a backup appliance. Although Acronis is a software-driven company, it would be good for customers to have some kind of backup appliance on top of a lightweight operating system. This will also reduce the cost. Currently, the customers have to buy the hardware in addition to the operating system, which increases the overhead in terms of procurement.

We have started selling Acronis solutions six or seven months ago.

It is stable and scalable. We have not had any complaints from the customers.

I am yet to explore it in terms of scalability in the enterprise environment. It is mostly being used in small companies.

I have not yet contacted them.

It is quite simple to deploy. I have my own team for its maintenance. There are four or five qualified engineers.

It is very cost-effective for the SMB segment, especially for start-ups and smaller environments. It is cost-effective for on-premises and on-cloud deployments in such environments.

What other advice do I have?

We have recently started to sell Acronis solutions. We have been helping customers to understand what Acronis is all about. We give demos to our customers, and customers are quite happy with the demo and cost of Acronis. Overall, it is a good product.

I would recommend this solution for smaller environments. It is mostly being used in small companies. Enterprise customers also usually use it for small projects. I haven't explored it for customers with a really big environment. For big enterprise customers, there are other solutions, like Veritas NetBackup, that provide scalability and support for big infrastructures.

I would rate Acronis Backup an eight out of ten.

Pramod Kurian
Chief Operating Officer at pinnacledxb
MSP
It's manageable and requires little maintenance, but it has some limitations with cloud backup compared to other solutions
  • "The interface is easy to use. They keep on adding new features. Acronis recently added multi-platform support."
  • "Acronis has some limitations on the cloud side."

What is our primary use case?

We use Acronis for data backup.

What is most valuable?

The interface is easy to use. They keep on adding new features. Acronis recently added multi-platform support.

What needs improvement?

Mobile backup is something that would be good to have. I can't think of anything else, but some performance enhancements and additional features would always be welcome.

We've been reselling Acronis for a few years now.

Acronis is relatively stable. I haven't seen any significant stability issues, and we don't have any serious concerns with performance aside from typical operational issues, which we see once in a while.

Acronis is easy to scale.

Acronis customer support is excellent. The vendor is responsive.

We use Veeam and Veritas. They are similar products. Acronis has some limitations on the cloud side, but Veeam's cloud backup is quite efficient on cloud backup, especially when it comes to Microsoft 365, etc. Now I think Acronis also has those capabilities.

Setting up Acronis is quite simple. We mostly do it internally. Once our staff is fully trained, we should be able to do it all ourselves, but until then, we'll get help from the vendor. The total time for deployment depends on the size of the project. It can take anywhere from one day to a few days. Acronis requires almost no maintenance.

The price could be more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Acronis Backup seven out of 10. I would recommend it because Acronis is a highly effective product. It's easy to use and manage.

Hybrid Cloud
Designer Architect Hardware Solutions at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to deploy and suitable for a small organization with little or no knowledge of backup solutions, but should integrate with more platforms
  • "In my opinion, it's the best product for end-users and PCs."
  • "A little bit more integration would be good. It should support broader platforms."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for backing up local PCs and other things. We don't use it for Office 365. It is used for simple and basic use cases.

I am using its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it for some very basic stuff on the local machines. It is mostly used for drive-to-drive copy and file or folder restoration.

What is most valuable?

In my opinion, it's the best product for end-users and PCs.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for 10 years.

Its stability is okay.

It is scalable, but we have very few people who use this solution. We use it for very basic things.

I have not contacted their technical support.

It is used for something very specific. It is a very small percentage of the whole environment. For the enterprise part of the organization, we are using other solutions, such as Commvault and Veeam.

It is straightforward. It has a three-clicks installation. There is nothing special, and it is pretty okay from this perspective.

I can do it by myself.

We use the free version that provides very basic functionalities.

What other advice do I have?

If you're a small organization with little or no knowledge of the backup solution environment, it'll be okay for you.

I would rate it a seven out of 10.

User at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
Scalable and easy to install
  • "The solution was easy to install and to deploy."
  • "It would be nice to have a partition that I can boot and reinstall when taking a backup image from the operating system."

What is our primary use case?

We make use of the standalone version. The server and the box are compliant when it comes to the backup.

What needs improvement?

As we are going for CD, it would be nice to have external storage connectivity.

The ability to integrate with different platforms should be added as a feature. It would be nice to have the restoration also from the server itself.

We have been using Acronis Backup for two years or more.

The solution does not need to be scaled. It suits my business needs.

We have not had occasion to contact technical support.

The solution was easy to install and to deploy. Everything was good.

One can do the deployment on his own.

There is no need for a technical team.

Our licenses come with a one-time yearly subscription fee.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is deployed locally.

The solution suits my business needs. It works perfectly for me. There is no need for updates or added features.

I would recommend the solution to others.

For the moment, we use the solution solely for our servers. We are talking around 20 users.

I rate Acronis Backup as a nine or ten out of ten.

Senior Infrastructure Consultant at FORUM INTERNATIONAL
Reliable, scalable, and easy installation with detailed documentation

What is our primary use case?

We installed the Acronis Backup agents on the user's computer stations that require backups. We then created a schedule and a backup policy. Additionally, we deployed Acronis Backup on the Windows Server. I connected with the local discs of the server, which will be the targets of the backups.

What is most valuable?

For my first experience, it is the best software for backups, especially for a five-system backup.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing more database backup features and have better integration with many different types of databases. We cannot implement it in all of our infrastructures.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

What do I think about

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

I have found the solution stable and has good performance.

The solution is scalable.

The solution is simple to deploy with the provided documentation that was very detailed.

The implementation took us approximately two days with two engineers.

There is a license required for this solution and it can be on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Acronis Backup an eight out of ten.

MOHMMED MERAJUDDIN
System Admininstrator at a university with 201-500 employees
Protects against malware and includes recovery and software management features
  • "Some of the most valuable features are recovery, protection against malware, and software management. I am happy with the dashboards and user interface."
  • "The new version has anti-malware and software management features, but these features should be enhanced. It is working as an exclusive solution along with the backup and recovery."

What is our primary use case?

We have used Acronis Backup for VMware, Nutanix, Hyper-V host, and physical servers.

We are currently using version 15. The solution is deployed on-premise. We haven't tried to integrate with other solutions.

What is most valuable?

Some of the most valuable features are recovery, protection against malware, and software management. I am happy with the dashboards and user interface.

What needs improvement?

The new version has anti-malware and software management features, but these features should be enhanced. It is working as an exclusive solution along with the backup and recovery.

Support could be improved. For complex cases, support should be available quickly and without any delay.

I have been using this solution for more than three years.

The solution is stable.

Technical support is responsive. In some cases, if it is complex, then it goes to level one of support, and that takes time. It could be faster.

The license is a perpetual license. The cost is an area for improvement.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

I would recommend this solution. It is suitable for organizations of every size and for any sort of platform, like Nutanix, a hypervisor, VMware, or Hyper-V.

Download our free Acronis Backup Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.