Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Founder Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good price, world-class support, and supports on-premise, virtual, and cloud environments
  • "Acronis is a flexible solution. It can back up workstations, endpoints, and even your virtual environments and cloud-based environments. So, we can do the backup of the whole gamut of products."
  • "I would like to have more cybersecurity integration to properly round up the product and its offering. In terms of cybersecurity, if the offerings can be more versatile so that it is not just a backup solution, it would be great. Some addition to cybersecurity would really be helpful so that it becomes a kind of a suite of products. Backup and recovery form a part of the broader security strategy. Its integration with other cybersecurity solutions would provide proper visibility to not just your cybersecurity dashboard but also to all of your backups. You would have a pretty good view of the entire security landscape that you are managing."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for backup. In terms of deployment, it has got the capability of both. It can be on-premise and on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

Acronis is a flexible solution. It can back up workstations, endpoints, and even your virtual environments and cloud-based environments. So, we can do the backup of the whole gamut of products.

We can also do instantaneous recovery of individual items, files, documents, etc. It also has good pricing and support.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have more cybersecurity integration to properly round up the product and its offering. In terms of cybersecurity, if the offerings can be more versatile so that it is not just a backup solution, it would be great. Some addition to cybersecurity would really be helpful so that it becomes a kind of a suite of products. Backup and recovery form a part of the broader security strategy. Its integration with other cybersecurity solutions would provide proper visibility to not just your cybersecurity dashboard but also to all of your backups. You would have a pretty good view of the entire security landscape that you are managing.

It should definitely be more stable, and it should support larger platforms. It can maybe support cross-cloud implementations.

I have been using this solution for at least five years.

Acronis Backup
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Acronis Backup. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable, but it could be more stable.

It is scalable for medium to large environments but not for very large environments.

So far, we have provided this solution to about 15 to 25 customers.

Technical support from Acronis is pretty good. It is world-class.

It has got very good and broad support.

Its installation is not very difficult. It is pretty straightforward. With a little guidance from the manuals and other resources, a regular skilled engineer can easily perform the installation. Of course, it is not suitable for a layman.

We have two engineers supporting it. We also have one Sales and Account Management person for managing the plans.

Its price is quite friendly on the pocket. You need to pay the licensing cost upfront, and then the support charges are on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Acronis to those who are starting out on the backup and recovery or want to migrate to and are looking for a fine-grain and stable solution. The good part is that you can still have the backup on the cloud. So, that would also take care of your offsite backup.

I don't have many comparison points. Based on whatever experience I've had on Acronis, I would rate it a nine out of 10.

RandeepPawar - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Director at Tecstaq
Effective solution which allows us to back up data across any type of device using their AnyData Engine functionality
  • "One of the most valuable features of Acronis is its AnyData Engine which allows any device to connect to any other device for the purpose of data restoration."
  • "One improvement that could be made is adding the option to download files in a PST format when doing a 365 or Google Cloud to cloud backup."

What is our primary use case?

We sell Acronis to our clients globally in India, Germany, Canada, the United States, London, Singapore, Malaysia, and Dubai. We are a gold partner for Acronis worldwide and are one of the biggest resellers in India.

We do cloud, on-premises, and hybrid deployments. We use this solution to assist our clients with creating multiple backups of their data. The first backup is a live copy, the second is a copy kept on their local storage, and the third backup is stored by us in the cloud.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of Acronis is its AnyData Engine which allows any device to connect to any other device for the purpose of data restoration. They also include cyber security features within the cloud.

What needs improvement?

One improvement that could be made is adding the option to download files in a PST format when doing a 365 or Google Cloud to cloud backup. This is something that is currently being worked on by Acronis.

A second improvement would be to support SAP databases as integration with SAP. Although Acronis do support SAP databases and a backup of complete servers as an image-level backup or volume-level backup is possible, this requires the use of certain scripts.

We have been using this solution for seven years.

In the past seven years of using Acronis, we have not had any instability issues or lost any data that we were unable to restore.

This is definitely a scalable product. You could backup up to 200 terabytes. There is no limitation from an infrastructure perspective.

Acronis offer good support which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. As we are a gold partner, we are offered first preference.

This is a simple product and the setup of the backup can be done in 30 minutes. An infrastructure does not need to be set up to complete the setup. The setup involves creating a console, installing agents and beginning the backup.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product that is easy to use, simple, and has good security as most of the data centers are certified.

I would suggest that organizations that are considering using this product, sign up for a 30-day trial to do a complete evaluation.

While using this solution for my customers over the past seven years, data loss and other disasters have been prevented. Where ransom attacks have occurred, we were able to restore the data where Acronis was used to back up information.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Acronis Backup
September 2022
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Technical Product Manager for IT Managed Services at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Well balanced, very flexible, and very easy to use
  • "The licensing model is very good."
  • "The solution could use a single sign-on integration that can default to the admin dashboard. Right now, it's only username and password. If you had had an additional two-factor authentication, this would be beneficial for me."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as backup and recovery.

What is most valuable?

The product is very easy to use.

It's quite stable.

The solution is very flexible.

Its feature set is well balanced.

The initial setup is very straightforward and the deployment is very fast.

The licensing model is very good.

What needs improvement?

The solution is on-premises and therefore is not very scalable.

The solution already covers all of the requirements I need. I don't recall missing a feature or capability.

The solution could use a single sign-on integration that can default to the admin dashboard. Right now, it's only username and password. If you had had an additional two-factor authentication, this would be beneficial for me.

We've been uisng the solution for 12 years. It's been over a decade at this point. We have quite a bit of experience with it.

The stability of the product is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution isn't scalable. It's a set size as an on-premises device.

On an administrative level, three people are on the solution.

We do not plan to increase usage. Using this solution is a bit of a special case within the company.

Our company mostly uses Veam. Only I am using Acronis within our organization.

The initial setup is not overly complex or difficult. It's easy and very straightforward.

The deployment is fast. It only takes about 20 minutes or so.

I handled the implementation myself. I did not need the assistance of an implementor or consultant.

There is a one-time purchase of the product. After that, users only have to pay renewals on maintenance and support. I like the licensing model.

You are paying for very good value. Everything is well balanced. For me, in this case, the pricing is justified. It's worth the price tag.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution.

I'm responsible for fast and dedicated, fair infrastructure, which is on-premise. I'm using Acronis for Windows 10 and in the company, I'm using the Acronis for ESXi to make backups for virtual machines.

I'd rate this solution at a nine out of ten. We've been very pleased with the capabilities.

GM at a computer software company with 1-10 employees
Easy to use, easy implementation, and high return on investment
  • "Acronis Backup is easy to use."
  • "When you are using enterprise hardware and software that increases over time, there need to be better and more management features. For pure backup software, it is fine, but when it comes to managing a large infrastructure it is lacking."

What is our primary use case?

We were using Acronis Backup for Windows Servers, such as Windows 2003 and 2008 operating systems. We had old Windows systems and we were using Acronis Backup.

What is most valuable?

Acronis Backup is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

When you are using enterprise hardware and software that increases over time, there need to be better and more management features. For pure backup software, it is fine, but when it comes to managing a large infrastructure it is lacking.

I have been using Acronis Backup for approximately seven years.

Acronis Backup is not scalable.

We have 10 people in my organization that use the solution.

We are a large company, we are the Steel Authority of India Limited. We span across all of India. We are the biggest steel manufacturers in the country, we have more than 60,000, people working in the company. Generally, I am using Veeam, but there may be other parts of the organization still using Acronis Backup.

The technical support of Acronis Backup is not very responsive in support. We needed it a few times, but it was not very readily available.

We were using Windows backup before Acronis Backup. I use currently using Veeeam backup.

The initial setup is very simple. The full deployment process took half an hour.

We did the implementation ourselves. We have a team of ten that can do the maintenance of the solution.

The return on investment was great because it saved us many times, it saved our lives many times. We lost a machine and we could recover it using Acronis Backup. The return of investment measurement is great.

We were on a perpetual license for Acronis Backup.

I evaluated Cohesity.

What other advice do I have?

We started using this solution because it was recommended by a German company called Siemens.

We no longer use Acronis Backup but we wanted to at that time continue with it. However, Acronis did not want to listen to us to enable us more possibilities for us to consider them. Their response was very cold. We looked into other companies, such as Veeam and Cohesity and we went with Veeam.

I rate Acronis Backup an eight out of ten.

Senior Consultant at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
Easy to set up and deploy with helpful technical support
  • "The performance has been fine so far."
  • "The product would be better if they offered more integration capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

The most important use case is to backup notebooks and other environments of the completed image and to back up global environment imaging and you can leverage the backup when you are making a migration as well.

What is most valuable?

The solution is stable. The performance has been fine so far.

We found the installation process to be pretty simple. You don't need a huge team to implement it. Just one person is fine.

Technical support is great.

What needs improvement?

I don't find the product to be overly scalable.

The product would be better if they offered more integration capabilities.

I've used this solution for this year and the previous year as well. In total, we've likely used it for four or five years at this point.

We've found the stability to be very good. The solution is reliable and offers nice performance. There aren't bugs. It's not glitchy. I don't find that it crashes or freeze.

The product isn't very scalable. It's an aspect they could improve upon. Right now, it's limited.

We have six to seven customers using the solution. There might even be a few more in some special environments.

The support has been great. they don't need to be faster. They're very helpful and responsive, and we're satisfied overall. We find having them to be very important.

The initial implementation was not complex or difficult. It was very easy, very straightforward.

The deployment itself only takes about an hour or so. It's not a long and drawn-out process.

You only need one person - an admin - for the deployment and maintenance tasks.

We pay a yearly licensing fee. There are no additional costs to the standard license and fees.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise other users that, if you're making a backup with Acronis, you always ensure you do a double backup.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies. It offers an excellent level of service. We are satisfied with them.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Manager, Information Technology at Genawise Australia
Speedy performance and good archiving capabilities
  • "The most valuable feature is the fact that you can archive backups quite easily and minimize the amount of space you're using."
  • "It could have a better ability to manage backups over a longer period."

What is our primary use case?

I use this product to back up files and data across our LAN. I'm doing a new backup every month, and you can archive these monthly backups.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the fact that you can archive backups quite easily and minimize the amount of space you're using. I do full backups about once a month and differential ones most days. The fact is that it's very easy to cut out the middle ones and just keep the last differential, thus reducing the space usage.

It comes with a few extra tools that I use from time to time, such as a disk-clone utility.

The backup process is reasonably speedy. It finished the backup in a reasonable amount of time, ready to work the next day.

What needs improvement?

This solution would not scale well in a large environment.

It could have a better ability to manage backups over a longer period.

I have been using Acronis Backup for approximately five years.

I have not experienced any problems with performance or stability.

I haven't used it in a large environment but certainly, it works well enough in the environment that we have here. We have approximately six users. It is not the type of product that would be well-suited for a large environment.

I have experience with Arcserve and another backup solution.

For a smaller environment, which is what we have now, Acronis is fine.

We pay a yearly subscription fee and the pricing is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering Acronis is that it's a good product and fairly easy to keep up to date.

With respect to compatibility, with backups, you can usually read from version to version. Perhaps it has the ability to merge backups, which would be helpful when trying to manage backups over long periods.

In general, I am pretty satisfied with this product. I can't think of anything that I've needed that it doesn't have.

Technical Presales - Server & Storage at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Good security, user friendly, and simple buying options and deployments
  • "It has simple buying options and deployments. You can buy on-cloud, on-premises, or hybrid solutions. Acronis Backup is very easy to deploy. It also does not consume much hardware. The administrator's tasks are very simple. It is very user friendly, and it also has good security features with low-level encryption and data encryption."
  • "They can include something called a backup appliance. Although Acronis is a software-driven company, it would be good for customers to have some kind of backup appliance on top of a lightweight operating system. This will also reduce the cost. Currently, the customers have to buy the hardware in addition to the operating system, which increases the overhead in terms of procurement."

What is most valuable?

It has simple buying options and deployments. You can buy on-cloud, on-premises, or hybrid solutions. Acronis Backup is very easy to deploy. It also does not consume much hardware. The administrator's tasks are very simple.

It is very user friendly, and it also has good security features with low-level encryption and data encryption.

What needs improvement?

They can include something called a backup appliance. Although Acronis is a software-driven company, it would be good for customers to have some kind of backup appliance on top of a lightweight operating system. This will also reduce the cost. Currently, the customers have to buy the hardware in addition to the operating system, which increases the overhead in terms of procurement.

We have started selling Acronis solutions six or seven months ago.

It is stable and scalable. We have not had any complaints from the customers.

I am yet to explore it in terms of scalability in the enterprise environment. It is mostly being used in small companies.

I have not yet contacted them.

It is quite simple to deploy. I have my own team for its maintenance. There are four or five qualified engineers.

It is very cost-effective for the SMB segment, especially for start-ups and smaller environments. It is cost-effective for on-premises and on-cloud deployments in such environments.

What other advice do I have?

We have recently started to sell Acronis solutions. We have been helping customers to understand what Acronis is all about. We give demos to our customers, and customers are quite happy with the demo and cost of Acronis. Overall, it is a good product.

I would recommend this solution for smaller environments. It is mostly being used in small companies. Enterprise customers also usually use it for small projects. I haven't explored it for customers with a really big environment. For big enterprise customers, there are other solutions, like Veritas NetBackup, that provide scalability and support for big infrastructures.

I would rate Acronis Backup an eight out of ten.

Pramod Kurian - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Operating Officer at pinnacledxb
MSP
It's manageable and requires little maintenance, but it has some limitations with cloud backup compared to other solutions
  • "The interface is easy to use. They keep on adding new features. Acronis recently added multi-platform support."
  • "Acronis has some limitations on the cloud side."

What is our primary use case?

We use Acronis for data backup.

What is most valuable?

The interface is easy to use. They keep on adding new features. Acronis recently added multi-platform support.

What needs improvement?

Mobile backup is something that would be good to have. I can't think of anything else, but some performance enhancements and additional features would always be welcome.

We've been reselling Acronis for a few years now.

Acronis is relatively stable. I haven't seen any significant stability issues, and we don't have any serious concerns with performance aside from typical operational issues, which we see once in a while.

Acronis is easy to scale.

Acronis customer support is excellent. The vendor is responsive.

We use Veeam and Veritas. They are similar products. Acronis has some limitations on the cloud side, but Veeam's cloud backup is quite efficient on cloud backup, especially when it comes to Microsoft 365, etc. Now I think Acronis also has those capabilities.

Setting up Acronis is quite simple. We mostly do it internally. Once our staff is fully trained, we should be able to do it all ourselves, but until then, we'll get help from the vendor. The total time for deployment depends on the size of the project. It can take anywhere from one day to a few days. Acronis requires almost no maintenance.

The price could be more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Acronis Backup seven out of 10. I would recommend it because Acronis is a highly effective product. It's easy to use and manage.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Acronis Backup Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022