Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Veritas SaaS Backup OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veritas SaaS Backup is #3 ranked solution in top SaaS Backup tools. PeerSpot users give Veritas SaaS Backup an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Veritas SaaS Backup is most commonly compared to Veritas NetBackup: Veritas SaaS Backup vs Veritas NetBackup. Veritas SaaS Backup is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the SaaS Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Veritas SaaS Backup?

Veritas SaaS Backup provides secure and scalable data protection across your entire Office 365 or Salesforce environment and beyond. It is designed for today’s technologies and today’s mobile workforce and organizations of all sizes. Protect SaaS productivity applications with the ability to access anywhere, anytime, and from any device, and instantly restore data with a single click.

Veritas SaaS Backup was previously known as SaaS Backup.

Veritas SaaS Backup Video

Veritas SaaS Backup Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veritas SaaS Backup pricing:
"I would rate this solution's pricing as five out of five."

Veritas SaaS Backup Reviews

Daniel Ogola - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Architect at Technology Associates Limited
The appliance is ready to integrate with the cloud in cases where the customers have a hybrid or cloud environment.
  • "Veritas is loaded with features because the appliance is ready to integrate with the cloud in cases where the customers have a hybrid or cloud environment."
  • "The go-between is a Veritas partner, so the customer support was not that good. The solution is fine except when there is a purchasing crisis where you have to remake the ecosystem. It causes a lot of issues. The support was a problem, but we're okay with it as long as we have someone to communicate with."

What is our primary use case?

Our customers use Veritas for taking media backups. There is are two on-prem backup appliances.

What is most valuable?

Veritas is loaded with features because the appliance is ready to integrate with the cloud in cases where the customers have a hybrid or cloud environment.

What needs improvement?

The go-between is a Veritas partner, so the customer support was not that good. The solution is fine except when there is a purchasing crisis where you have to remake the ecosystem. It causes a lot of issues. The support was a problem, but we're okay with it as long as we have someone to communicate with.

I have been using SaaS Backup for about two years.

September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Veritas, Amazon, Metallic and others in SaaS Backup. Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Veritas is stable.

For the current environment, I don't believe there's an issue with the performance scalability. I think it's going to help because they have done the reports. They have done their PCI reports with the appliance. It should be scalable.

Support is outsourced through a third-party vendor. I presume they should be excellent. It's a South African company, but they provide support with resources from West Africa. They respond quickly.

We use different backup solutions depending on the customer's preference. Some customers like a particular vendor, but Veritas is one of my best backups. I have experience with Veritas and the other backup products that we have integrated into a multi-vendor solution.

For example, you might integrate hardware from HP and software from another vendor to create a whole solution, but Veritas simplifies this by providing the appliance and software.

Setting up Veritas is straightforward. The only problem is when you have to restart afresh. We can't even configure their appliance when there are mistakes in-between, so you have to start over again. That's the only problem we have.

If you have all the prerequisites and the login credentials, it will deploy faster because it primarily depends on the appliance's performance. You fill in the required parameters and click "next," then wait for the appliance platform. It takes about four hours. The post-deployment maintenance is done in a GUI, and it's straightforward.

I believe there are different licenses for different features and performance enhancements on the appliance. So far, we only have licenses for adding clients and also for monitoring and deduplication.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Veritas SaaS Backup eight out of 10. I would recommend it.

Hybrid Cloud
Managing partner at Techmaster Serviços em Informática
It's a user-friendly solution that helps us migrate our customers from their local servers
  • "We're comfortable using this kind of technology. It's user-friendly."
  • "When you finish a project, the client should have the opportunity to browse the files rather than simply ending the contract. Also, it's not possible to recover earlier versions. It should be possible to have a database for recovering files after you finish a contract. There's no solution for this from Veritas."

What is our primary use case?

Our company helps customers migrate from their local servers to Sharepoint and handles all the configuration for them. We also help them restore some data. We usually recommend Veritas Backup for customers who are on 365.

What is most valuable?

We're comfortable using this kind of technology. It's user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

When you finish a project, the client should have the opportunity to browse the files rather than simply ending the contract. Also, it's not possible to recover earlier versions. It should be possible to have a database for recovering files after you finish a contract. There's no solution for this from Veritas.

The clients pay annually for the product, but when they decide to cancel the contract after five or six years, how do they get older versions of their data? Veritas only offers a snapshot of the last backup.

They also no longer offer the Veritas for Microsoft 365 solution in Brazil. We have to find another solution for 365 at the end of the year, so we are going with N-Able.

Veritas is stable.

Most of our customers have no problems scaling the solution.

I rate Veritas support eight out of 10. They have a local team here in Brazil, but they usually escalate to the senior teams outside the country.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We also use Veeam Backup for our customers who use VMware. Some of our clients use VMware on-premises.

Setting up Veritas is very straightforward. We have a small team of technicians, including two senior engineers and three or four juniors.

The price could be lower. Price is a big issue because we use American dollars in Brazil, so we feel a lot of pressure from the currency. A lot of customers ask us to find a cheaper alternative to Veritas, and the contract renewal process isn't that easy.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Veritas SaaS eight out of 10. With an improved interface and a lower price, I could rate it 10 out of 10. Before implementing Veritas, I would encourage people to understand the rules of the contract and what happens when they decide to end it.

It's a good solution but you can run into problems when you decide to end the contract. When negotiating a deal, you should also make sure all the storage is included in the price.

September 2022
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MihaiAlexandru - PeerSpot reviewer
Unemployed at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Data protection solution that's easy to set up and unintrusive

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for data protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's not so intrusive with computer resources.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement is the product's performance, especially how long it takes to do a job.

I have been using this solution for around two and a half years.

The initial setup was straightforward, with deployment taking around a week. I'd rate the experience as five out of five.

I would rate this solution's pricing as five out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend anybody to buy this solution and use it. I'd give it a rating of ten out of ten.

Download our free SaaS Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about Veritas, Amazon, Metallic, and more!
Updated: September 2022