IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

TeamViewer Remote Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TeamViewer Remote Management is #5 ranked solution in top Remote Monitoring and Management Software. PeerSpot users give TeamViewer Remote Management an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. TeamViewer Remote Management is most commonly compared to Datto Remote Monitoring and Management: TeamViewer Remote Management vs Datto Remote Monitoring and Management. TeamViewer Remote Management is popular among the small business segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 54% of all views.

Download the Remote Monitoring and Management Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is TeamViewer Remote Management?

Enhance your TeamViewer experience and take your IT management to the next level. TeamViewer Remote Management provides you with an integrated RMM solutions that will allow you to gain a high degree of visibility into your IT infrastructure. Monitor business critical aspects of your IT, centralize important device information without relying on end-user input, detect and patch software vulnerabilities, and protect your devices against external threats and human error – Completely integrated in to your TeamViewer environment.

TeamViewer Remote Management Customers

Carey Paul Honda

TeamViewer Remote Management Video

TeamViewer Remote Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TeamViewer Remote Management pricing:
  • "Its price is a little high as compared to other solutions."
  • "We are now using the free version, but probably next year we are going to follow up with the paid version."
  • "We pay for a yearly license."
  • TeamViewer Remote Management Reviews

David Fitzerman - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Alchemist/ IT Operations Manager at DFC International Computing
    Efficiently accesses other end-points
    • "I've left Splashtop running for seven or eight hours connected to a system. I've left TeamViewer running for seven or eight hours to a connection or two. I have a hard time working out on four computers at a time, but three is not impossible for me. So even if I've had three computers connected it has been fairly stable."
    • "If you have one version, like if you have version 14, and the client has version 15, you can't access his computer. If the client is on 14 and the technician is on 15, he can't access the end user who's at home. So there's a disparity in versioning."

How has it helped my organization?

In the last 12 months we actually made a decision to go away from TeamViewer. Part of it has to do with the fact that TeamViewer is very expensive.

What we find as a small business owner is that TeamViewer seems to be one of the more expensive products there are for remote management.

What is most valuable?

The problem is the valuable features don't come with the free version, they come with the paid version. The valuable features are being able to boot a remote computer into safe mode, being able to reboot the computer and to reconnect again, file transfers is not the most important thing in the world, although some people think it is, but it's not.

We've been using TeamViewer Remote Management on and off for four to five years.

Almost every product is very, very stable now. I've left Splashtop running for seven or eight hours connected to a system. I've left TeamViewer running for seven or eight hours to a connection or two. I have a hard time working out on four computers at a time, but three is not impossible for me. So even if I've had three computers connected it has been fairly stable.

Remote Monitoring and Management Software
    July 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about TeamViewer, datto, N-able and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: July 2022.
    622,949 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I don't think that's really a relevant question. Scalability. It's not a database, you're not running a database. You're running remote access. You're either RDPing or you're actually going into another computer, so how many computers can you go into? Some of the products are scalable, in that you can have an enterprise version where you can have 10 technicians accessing 100 computers.

LogMeIn or Citrix, or any of the other ones, or even Splashtop, has the same thing. I don't run the enterprise version on the one we have, but we have access to many computers. I have more than one technician, so we have more than one technician license, and we have more than 100 computers that are permanently accessed. And they allow you to access ad hoc, as many as you want. We only do that if a client has a problem. I say, "Okay, go to our website, go to this page, click on it and run that program" and that downloads the streamer for the client end, and they give me the numbers and then we can attach.

I've never had to use tech support for any product.

We've used TeamViewer and a whole bunch of other products. I've been in this business for a long time. We've seen some come and go in the remote access field. We used to use OS/2 for doing this, as a matter of fact. So that goes back a long way, we're talking about the nineties, so over 20 years.

We had been using two products. We used TeamViewer and we used Splashtop.

We use Splashtop now. I'm into four workstations right now. When I was talking with you earlier, I was in nine different stations, nine different systems on one network. But we have used a bunch of different products. When Windows 10 came out, we found that the product that we were using then wasn't as good and TeamViewer had become better. It was a pretty good product, but it always tended to be a Cadillac in pricing. And the pricing model they have now seems to be expensive to use from last time I checked. Small users don't want to pay the kind of money, or can't afford the kind of money, that they were charging.

As a matter of fact, one of my clients is a single user. He wants to access a single computer. He doesn't need 15 technicians or one technician or to be able to access a whole bunch. He wants a one-to-one solution. TeamViewer doesn't really offer that. They offer the free one, but every time they make a change on the free one, you have to update both ends.

Sometimes you don't have the opportunity of being on site to be able to update it. Now they have changed that so that you can update it remotely, but you have to be able to connect first to do that. And then you're in the stage of where you're always trying to remember what version is at what client. Or if it's a one-to-one what version is there.

When the pandemic hit last year, they took the time limit off. So they gave relief to a lot of people to be able to use it. But at some point they changed it again and they put the time limit back on and they charged for it. And then if you have one version, like if you have version 14, and the client has version 15, you can't access his computer. If the client is on 14 and the technician is on 15, he can't access the end user who's at home.

So there's a disparity in versioning.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice, it really depends what you're using it for. TeamViewer can be from about $20 a month to $200 or $500 a month depending on how many managed devices and how many unmanaged devices there are. TeamViewer has gone to a monthly subscription rate, so you have to get it monthly. Although I think Splashtops is the same way. There are some products out there that you can buy a license for and have permanent software. The problem with that is that you don't get updates. What I see when comparing one versus the other, is that TeamViewer for small users is more expensive than some of the other ones. It maybe has some better performance or better features, but it probably depends if you're on a good internet. I'm on a rural internet so I don't have the benefits of having one gigabit download and upload and speeds. Most of my clients have a minimum of 60 megabits per second synchronous connections or fiber connections.

Because most of my clients, 99.5% of my clients, are in major centers like Toronto, Montreal, Washington, New York, Ottawa, Dallas, they don't appear to have issues. The biggest issue is me. Every time there's an upgrade to the pipe, we jump on it. I'm not in an industry that can survive at five Meg or 10 Meg a second any longer, although I feel like I get that still with what I have.

It depends on the size. You have to decide how many end points you need to manage? How many technicians do you have to manage those end points? Are you managing from within a ticketing package? Do you need your ticketing package to integrate with your remote management packaging?

On a scale of one to ten, I would give TeamViewer Remote Management an eight.

Chinthaka Kannangara - PeerSpot reviewer
    Network System Engineer at VSIS
    User-friendly, simple to set up and great for remote troubleshooting
    • "The stability seems to be pretty good so far."
    • "I'm not sure if the security is ideal. They could work to improve it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote monitoring and helping clients.

If you need to get direct access to a customer's machine, we can make a direct connection using this solution. We can connect developers and engineers at the site for easy remote troubleshooting. We have customer support as well and can connect to clients directly using this or AnyDesk.

What is most valuable?

I like that we can get a remote desktop view and even we can get even full control over remote machines for communication and troubleshooting. We can make calls or chat over the applications. These aspects are all quite helpful.

The stability seems to be pretty good so far.

It's very user-friendly. It's not complex to navigate.

The initial setup is simple.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if the security is ideal. They could work to improve it. I've heard that it does not meet the compliance for use in the financial industry within our region. Here, central banks advise all the financial services and banks to use the remote monitoring tool which meets their compliance parameters, and this product does not do that. It's not allowed to use in banking environments.

We've used the solution for four or five years.

The stability is good. Aside from some compliance issues in certain sectors, we've never had issues. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution doesn't really offer scalability, however, it isn't really designed to be. We mostly use it to get connect peer-to-peer or one-to-one. I haven't come across any use cases for scalability or any expansions.

We have 30 to 35 users on the solution currently, that use it in our business. We likely will not increase usage, as we only have 40 or so engineers, and everyone who needs access has it.

The solution really is very straightforward. Therefore, there hasn't really been a need to reach out to technical support. Having never dealt with them, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they would be.

We didn't really use anything prior to this solution, however, we have used TeamMeet and AnyDesk and I also have used Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.

The initial setup is very simple, very straightforward. It took like three minutes to deploy. You just download and just go next, next, next.

We didn't need any assistance. We might help our clients set it up to gain access, however, it's not a difficult process.

There may be a license you need to pay, however, if someone is asking to connect to your machine, as a person getting service, you do not need to purchase a license in order to have TeamViewer on your machine for remote assistance.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Remote Monitoring and Management Software
    July 2022
    622,949 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Systems Intern at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
    Good stability, easy to install, and useful for connecting to remote clients who are not on the VPN and doing direct file transfers
    • "We are able to connect to clients who are currently not connected to the VPN, and we are also able to do direct file transfers between the technician and the client."
    • "The price point would probably be an area of improvement with the number of competitors out there offering similar features. TeamViewer usually comes in a little high as compared to other solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to connect with remote clients who are not on the VPN. We are using TeamViewer 10, which is fairly old.

What is most valuable?

We are able to connect to clients who are currently not connected to the VPN, and we are also able to do direct file transfers between the technician and the client.

What needs improvement?

The price point would probably be an area of improvement with the number of competitors out there offering similar features. TeamViewer usually comes in a little high as compared to other solutions.

I have been using this solution for about three years.

Its stability is pretty good. The TeamViewer 10 servers are starting to be pulled offline because they are being deprecated. We'll definitely be moving on from it. Our security team has asked us to pivot away from it. Other than that, we haven't had any issues.

With this solution, you'll only have a specified number of seats that you can use at any given time. We usually have about two technicians who use it on and off every day. We tend to run out of seats when there are a lot of issues, and technicians are using it frequently with other clients.

For getting connected to remote people who are off the network, this is the only solution that we've used. On the network, we use Microsoft Configuration Manager to have remote sessions on people's computers.

The main difference between TeamViewer and other solutions, such as LogMeIn, is the pricing. They also differ in terms of particular programs for which they are certified, such as HIPAA, SOC 2, etc.

Its installation is fairly straightforward. If the quick support application is already installed, clients just have to open that up, enter in a few numbers, and they're good to go. In terms of installing it onto a client device, we can direct them to a URL to get that installed, and it is not super difficult.

Its price is a little high as compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My personal opinion of it is pretty high. I would rate TeamViewer Remote Management a nine out of ten.

IT Manager at a non-profit with 11-50 employees
    Easy to set up and quick to deploy but the licensing needs to be more flexible
    • "It's considered a trusted application."
    • "The solution is a bit expensive. It could be cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote user support. We have users across the country, in every city. We give them support through this tool. If they need help, we connect and help them. That's the service that we bring to our customers.

What is most valuable?

This solution is preferred by some of our customers. Although we do have AnyDesk, there are some clients that specifically only permit TeamViewer for being contacted remotely. They trust in this tool. It's considered a trusted application.

The setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

The licensing model is restrictive. Even when you have already a license, you connect from other devices and it is kind of complicated to use the tool. They could be flexible a little more with the licensing model. Even if you have a license, it's hard to use it.

The solution is a bit expensive. It could be cheaper.

We've been using the solution for three years at this point.

The solution is very stable. there are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The product is quite scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

We did call technical support once and they were very helpful and responsive.

We no longer use TeamViewer intensively as we have AnyDesk from Google now and it's free.

The initial setup is pretty simple and straightforward. It's not a complex process at all.

Deployment is fast. It only takes 20 minutes or so.

The price of the solution is a bit high.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

We are a small company. We're just 20 people, therefore, our solutions are very so-ho - the kind of small office, home office kinds of equipment.

I'd recommend the solution. In general, it's a good tool for remoting support.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the pricing and licensing were a bit better.

Principal Owner at a consultancy with self employed
    Issue-free with good pricing and a straightforward setup
    • "There are some great features."
    • "Integration with other tools would be great."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the whole company's remote monitoring queue.

What is most valuable?

The pricing is the most valuable aspect of the solution.

There are some great features.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The product is quite stable. We haven't had any issues so far.

What needs improvement?

Integration with other tools would be great. That would always be a bonus.

I have not used the solution for that long. I've probably used it for maybe a couple of months.

The stability seems very good. there are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

While it's always nice to have scalability, I'm not sure exactly what this is capable of. I haven't really attempted to scale it.

I didn't directly deal with technical support myself. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

We find the initial setup to be quite straightforward and simple. It's not difficult or complex. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

I wasn't fully involved in the process. I can't speak to exactly how long the deployment took.

We have a few IT personnel on staff that can handle deployment and maintenance.

Our IT basically handled the process. We did not need an integrator or consultant.

The pricing of the solution is very reasonable. That said, I can't speak to the exact costs that our company has to deal with. Procurement handles that.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user.

I likely use the most recent version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We are pretty satisfied with the product overall.

User at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
    Useful, dependable, and simple to install
    • "It enhances collaboration among my board members during board meetings, whether annual, regular, or irregular."
    • "The connectivity could improve."

What is our primary use case?

TeamViewer Remote Management has virtualized our in-place meeting.

It primarily serves to facilitate the Zoom meeting for my board members.

What is most valuable?

It's a very useful tool.

I am satisfied with TeamViewer Remote Management.

What needs improvement?

While I have not personally experienced this problem, a friend of mine did have an attack issue with TeamViewer connectivity. The connectivity could improve.

I have been working with TeamViewer Remote Management for ten years.

TeamViewer Remote Management is a stable solution. I have not encountered any issues with this solution.

We have 12 users in our company.

I didn't have any problems using TeamViewer to open a support ticket with the vendor. As a result, I can't give you a definitive answer, I have never contacted technical support.

Zoom is a communication and collaboration tool that I rely on.

For some of our sister companies, we use TeamViewer as well as AnyDesk.

I began using TeamViewer Remote Management because it is a good application that is stable and reliable. It meets my business needs.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It's about three or four administrators, and another is to take some of our delegation's positions for that application.

I have a technical team to deploy this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are considering using it.

I would rate TeamViewer Remote Management a nine out of ten.

Senior Manager, Information Technology at a university with 201-500 employees
    A good, user-friendly tool

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to connect to users. We have it in case users need some help handling software issues or installing the software.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features has been that it's a remote tool. I think this is a particularly good tool, and it's user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

Maybe TeamViewer could be improved with more scalability.

We have been using this solution for maybe two or three years.

This solution is stable.

The scalability has been fine, but I don't know how scalable it is.

We have plans to increase our usage, probably next year.

I have had no need to contact technical support. We haven't run into any problems and my team hasn't had any issues.

The installation is straightforward and it's easy to install. It took about 50 minutes, and we installed and managed it ourselves.

For deployment and maintenance, we have a technical team of maybe three or, maximum, four people. You don't need too many people to manage it.

We implemented this solution through an in-house team.

We are using AnyDesk as an alternative to this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Eman Ahmed - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head of Tourism Development at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Straightforward to install, easy to use, and the interface is nice

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use TeamViewer for meetings and sometimes, for IT to support us when there are issues with our laptop.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of use. Using this solution enables us to get support easily.

The user interface is very nice.

What needs improvement?

The security could be improved.

I have used TeamViewer Remote Management in different organizations over the past 10 years.

This is a very stable product.

TeamViewer is a scalable solution. We have approximately 70 people in the company and all of them are using it. If the number of employees increases then our usage of TeamViewer will increase.

I have not been in contact with technical support because I haven't had any issues.

When I started using remote desktop applications, I began with TeamViewer.

We also use Anydesk for remote desktop management. TeamViewer is better than Anydesk, and we use it more often.

The installation is very straightforward.

I deployed it myself.

We pay for a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.