IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Symantec Endpoint Security Complete OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Symantec Endpoint Security Complete is #35 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Symantec Endpoint Security Complete an average rating of 8 out of 10. Symantec Endpoint Security Complete is most commonly compared to Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise: Symantec Endpoint Security Complete vs Symantec Endpoint Security Enterprise.
What is Symantec Endpoint Security Complete?

Symantec Endpoint Security (SES) Complete delivers comprehensive protection for all your traditional and mobile devices across the entire attack chain. Symantec endpoint innovations include behavioral isolation, Active Directory security, and Threat Hunter technologies to protect your endpoints against sophisticated threats and targeted attacks. For higher return-on-investment and lower total cost of ownership, this single-agent solution supports on-premises, hybrid, and cloud-based deployments.

Download the Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

Symantec Endpoint Security Complete Video

Symantec Endpoint Security Complete Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Symantec Endpoint Security Complete pricing:
"I'm recommending going with three-year licensing, rather than the yearly licensing option for this product."

Symantec Endpoint Security Complete Reviews

Fathi Ben Nasr - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief information security officer at a transportation company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Endpoint security platform with excellent technical support, but its packaging, installation, and console need improvement
  • "Endpoint security platform that provides protection for Active Directory environments, file servers, etc., and offers excellent technical support."
  • "Installation and packaging for Symantec Endpoint Security Complete should be improved. Its console is also confusing, so that's another area for improvement."

What is our primary use case?

Symantec Endpoint Security Complete protects the Active Directory environment and file servers of the organization.

What needs improvement?

The installation process for Symantec Endpoint Security Complete could be improved as it's not straightforward, in particular, the remote installation could be better. Installing this product is confusing. Another area for improvement is the packaging of Symantec Endpoint Security Complete. It could be simplified, e.g. instead of making a lot of confusing packages, they could make a single package like what's done in Bitdefender.  You have to enable and disable the modules of the package, not different packages, as it's confusing. The console of Symantec Endpoint Security Complete should also be improved, as it is confusing.

We've been dealing with Symantec Endpoint Security Complete for two months now.

The technical support for Symantec Endpoint Security Complete is excellent.
Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP)
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, VIPRE Security, Seqrite and others in Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP). Updated: May 2022.
598,116 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Installing Symantec Endpoint Security Complete is not as straightforward as the Bitdefender installation. I find the installation of this product really cumbersome. I'm still not done with the installation of Symantec Endpoint Security Complete, e.g. I wasn't able to install it on just 20 endpoints. I'm not able to complete all the installation, because the remote installation doesn't work as expected.

We purchased a three-year license for Symantec Endpoint Security Complete. In the past, we used to pay for product licenses yearly, but now I recommend buying the three-year license.

I was able to evaluate Bitdefender.

What other advice do I have?

We are using Symantec Endpoint Security Complete on just one endpoint, particularly the Active Directory M57. We have migrated from Symantec on-premises to Symantec on cloud. For the workstation, we are using Symantec Endpoint Security, e.g. the standard edition, not Symantec Endpoint Security Complete. I can't tell you more about the product because really I don't have much experience with the newest version of Symantec Endpoint Security Complete, e.g. version 14.3. My experience with the product is not the same as my experience with Bitdefender, in particular, I have more experience with Bitdefender as I've been dealing with it for years. I'm unable to rate the stability of this product, because two months of usage isn't enough to give valuable judgment. We have 20 users of Symantec Endpoint Security Complete. We may be increasing the endpoints, e.g. we have one endpoint currently, and it could be increased to three. It won't be a big increase, because this is a small organization, and not a big company. I won't be recommending this product to other people who may want to start using it, because I can only recommend Bitdefender as I have years of experience with it, and only two months experience with Symantec Endpoint Security Complete. I only have a few months of experience with Symantec Endpoint Security Complete, and in the past, I would have rated it three out ten. Now, I'm giving it a seven out of ten.

Zama Ndzunga - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager Information Security at SASSA
The solution is stable, and support responds quickly

What is our primary use case?

Symantec is just standard anti-virus protection.

What needs improvement?

The deployment of Symantec components could be improved.

I've been using Symantec Endpoint Security for a few years.

I'm satisfied with Symantec's stability. There aren't any performance issues.

Symantec is scalable to a certain degree, but it's not ideal. It has its limitations. We have about 10,000 users at my company.

Symantec's support is fine. They respond quickly.

Setting up Symantec is straightforward. Our DevOps team handled the installation, so I wasn't involved, but it wasn't that complicated. They are competent people with certifications in anti-virus management. They didn't need any training or help from the vendor.

We pay the license upfront and renew it every three to five years.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Symantec Endpoint Security Complete 10 out of 10. I would recommend it to others.