Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Splunk Insights for Infrastructure OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the IT Infrastructure Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Splunk Insights for Infrastructure?

Splunk Insights for Infrastructure is a new monitoring product from Splunk that unifies metrics and logs to do performance management and troubleshooting. It takes minutes to set up and for small environments, it's free (up to 200 GB of storage, which is about 50 servers).

Splunk Insights for Infrastructure was previously known as Splunk Insights.

Splunk Insights for Infrastructure Customers

Entrust Datacard

Splunk Insights for Infrastructure Video

Splunk Insights for Infrastructure Reviews

Network & Systems Administrator Individual Contributor at T-Systems
Reseller
Good monitoring and reporting tools with useful dashboards
  • "It can monitor, get the data, and then report on the data."
  • "The deployment can be quite complex."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution in order to monitor the servers as well as the VM infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

We are now able to monitor our infrastructure and get the information in real-time should anything happen. In terms of the hard drive hitting the threshold, then we'll get notified and the technician can attend to it. It reduces the time to attend to the incidents and allows you to be aware of our infrastructure as the status of our infrastructure is visible via dashboards.

What is most valuable?

The monitoring and the reporting tools are great. It can monitor, get the data, and then report on the data.

You have the dashboard to see your different items. You create the dashboard to see if there was any incident as well; it creates incident reports for you. For example, if the hard drive goes beyond a certain limit, you can get notified. You can look at your CPU utilization or memory as well. You can set thresholds and monitor for all different types of information.

The solution is stable and reliable.

Technical support is helpful.

We have witnessed an ROI while using it.

What needs improvement?

Overall, I cannot think of any features that are missing.

The deployment can be quite complex.

IT Infrastructure Monitoring
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Splunk, Paessler AG, ITRS and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: September 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for two years now.

The solution is stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze.

We have about 100 people on the solution. Some of them don't use the solution directly, however, they benefit from the solution.

Technical support is fairly good. We are satisfied with their assistance.

I used other solutions before, which were LiveAction, and Cisco Prime. They were used to monitor.

Currently, I'm using PRTG for network monitoring, to monitor the network devices. With Splunk, we monitor servers, and with PRTG, we monitor the network devices such as routers, IPs, and switches.

The initial setup is very straightforward. That said, the configuration and all those things you need to do to make it work according to what you want, you need to deploy some apps, and some that part is what is not straightforward about the setup.

The deployment took about three months.

There are three of us that handle deployment or maintenance.

We are an integrator team; we actually had help from Splunk themselves to implement the solution.

We have seen an ROI.

It's affordable when you compare it to HPSA - the HP Server Administration.

You get the things according to your data - the data that you need to report on. The capacity of the data that you need to report on. Right now, it's set to 100GBs. We've got the license for 100GBs.

There are different companies or customers that we support within the company. Whichever product they have that's what we go with. For example, we might use AlgoSec, Cisco Prime, or LiveAction as the customer that was using it. We don't evaluate other solutions, we use what is already there.

I did not handle the choice of Splunk. I got into the stage where the system or the application was already implemented. I did not participate in the stage where we had to choose which solution to pick or how to implement it.

What other advice do I have?

We partner with Splunk. We use the product to deliver it to our customers. We're an integrator. We're just using the product to service our customers.

I'd advise new users that it is a very good product, however, you need to have some knowledge and do some training on the product in order to gather knowledge so that you can understand and implement it effectively.

I'd rate the solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free IT Infrastructure Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about Splunk, Paessler AG, ITRS, and more!
Updated: September 2022