We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Sangfor HCI OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sangfor HCI is #24 ranked solution in HCI Software. PeerSpot users give Sangfor HCI an average rating of 8 out of 10. Sangfor HCI is most commonly compared to VMware vSAN: Sangfor HCI vs VMware vSAN. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 41% of all views.
What is Sangfor HCI?

Sangfor HCI is an IT infrastructure platform built on converged architecture. It integrates server virtualization, distributed storage, and networking. Sangfor HCI provides a unified management platform that converges compute, storage, networking, and security on a single software stack. This approach delivers a simplified architecture, ease of use, and reliability for business-critical applications.

Hyperconverged infrastructure is a unified system of data storage. HCI combines storage, computing, networking, and management, unlike traditional storage solutions. HCI systems enable you to build your private cloud, expand to a public cloud, or have your own true hybrid cloud. Sangfor HCI presents two product models: The Sangfor HCI server appliance is a hardware version that enables easy deployment. Sangfor HCI software is the digital version combined with a third-party server that enables flexible deployment.

Sangfor HCI supports Windows systems on desktop and is web-based. Its range of use cases cover a wide spectrum of industries, from healthcare to manufacturing. It is applicable for mid- and large-sized businesses. The software is customizable. Users can customize the logo and contact information in the user interface.

Benefits and Features

• Stability: Sangfor HCI delivers high reliability and availability with 0 RPO and 99.99% availability. The infrastructure is fully redundant to ensure business continuity. This means no data is lost in the event of hardware failure.
  • Simplified infrastructure: The solution supports visual management, making it easier to use. The single platform provides a central control with access to resources.
  • High performance: One unit of HCI can support up to 100,000 IOPS. The solution supports data striping, data locality, SSD caching and AI-based DB optimization. It also supports linear expansion without bottlenecks.
  • Hyper-converged infrastructure that enables working with different scenarios. For instance, cloud transformation and data center consolidation. It is fully converged, which means it provides unified management, full resource visualization, and orchestration with SCP. The standardized HCI unit consolidates hardware appliances, a storage network, IP network, and server into a single unit.
  • Integration: Sangfor HCI offers deep integration with NFV components. Users can deploy complex SDN networks.
  • Pay-as-you-grow model: The pay-per-use model reduces operational expenses and total cost of ownership.

Use Cases

Sangfor HCI can be applied tin various scenarios:

• Enterprise applications: Users can benefit from the reliability and performance of Sangfor HCI for business-critical processes. The system is optimized for enterprise applications to enhance their performance and stability.
  • Datacenter consolidation: The unified and software-defined technology simplifies the operational management and the architecture of data centers.
  • Cloud transformation: You can add a cloud management platform, transforming Sangfor HCI into a complete cloud computing solution. You can then run your cloud workloads and benefit from the automation features of Sangfor HCI.
  • Data protection and recovery: Sangfor HCI offers multiple data protection features, such as continuous data protection (CDP), which ensure the integrity of sensitive and user data. You can protect backup snapshots and take backups. It records virtual machine IO logs at frequent intervals. It offers disaster recovery capabilities that ensure business continuity.

Reviews from Real Users

Gabriele P., Senior Software and Systems Engineer at SAMU.IT, says "It is flexible like a hyper-convergence system. You can add nodes, and you can scale to have better performance and stability. I also like the backup feature, the recovery system, and the web interface GUI to handle everything."

A Junior Solutions Engineer at a tech services company adds that "Sangfor has many solutions, and you can easily manage their machine servers with just one management. They're always striving for greatness, and they continuously update their products. For example, they have now built endpoint security within the firewall. They are continuously improving not only the security but also all other products."

Download the Hyper-Converged (HCI) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Sangfor HCI Customers

TOSHIBA TEC Singapore, J&T Express Indonesia, Crowne Plaza Vietnam, Hermina Hospital Indonesia

Sangfor HCI Video

Sangfor HCI Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sangfor HCI pricing:
  • "It is in the middle range as compared to other hyper-converged infrastructure solutions. There is a three-year warranty on the hardware. The license also includes other features. Sangfor has included Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and a built-in firewall with the license. Other top brands, such as VxRail and VMware, require a separate license for such features."
  • "Its price should be better, but I don't think they will change the price list. You have to pay for licenses, and you have to pay for support, so you have an annual fee. You can use the product without the fee, but it's really dumb because you need support. We are an IT company. We provide the product, and we need the support too for our customers."
  • "The pricing of Sangfor is very competitive."
  • "The price of Sangfor is cheaper than other competing products."
  • Sangfor HCI Reviews

Albarn Paul Alicante
    Information Technology Support Specialist at Code Expert Inc
    Stable, good pricing and licensing, and useful CDP feature
    • "The Continuous Data Protection (CDP) feature is one of the good features."
    • "Its virtual machine tools can be improved. These tools should be enhanced for use in other applications and operating systems, such as Linux."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for SAP products and some other infrastructure applications. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

The Continuous Data Protection (CDP) feature is one of the good features.

What needs improvement?

Its virtual machine tools can be improved. These tools should be enhanced for use in other applications and operating systems, such as Linux.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable. There is no issue in terms of stability so far.

It is complex to scale. There was a situation where they undersized the memory on one of our solutions. They gave us free memory because they were the ones who sized the memory for the specs.

In terms of the number of users, we have two or three administrators who use it. There are up to 500 concurrent users or the number of users using the hyper-converged infrastructure.

They support us in case of technical problems. They also provided a free deployment during a migration.

The level one support is provided by the partner or the integrator. The level two support is handled by the Sangfor teams. Technical support is based in the Asia Pacific region. They provide standard 24/7 support. They are easy to reach. Some of their engineers are Chinese, and there is a communication barrier because of their accents, but on the technical side, they are able to resolve the issues.

Its initial setup is more on the complex side because of our system and company requirements. The deployment took about three weeks.

We have an in-house technical team. Its maintenance is also handled by us. Every six to eight months, they provide updates to fix the bugs that they have encountered.

It is in the middle range as compared to other hyper-converged infrastructure solutions. There is a three-year warranty on the hardware.

The license also includes other features. Sangfor has included Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and a built-in firewall with the license. Other top brands, such as VxRail and VMware, require a separate license for such features.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product because of its pricing. It doesn't require a separate license for features such as Continuous Data Protection.

I would rate Sangfor HCI an eight out of ten.

Gabriele-Pizzigati
    Senior Software and Systems Engineer at SAMU.IT
    User
    Good technical support, flexible, and useful for resilience and performance
    • "It is flexible like a hyper-convergence system. You can add nodes, and you can scale to have better performance and stability. I also like the backup feature, the recovery system, and the web interface GUI to handle everything."
    • "As far as I know, no hyper-convergence solution includes security, so you have to buy security from another brand. For example, you buy SimpliVity or Nutanix. They don't really have a security solution inside the product. It would be good if there is a security solution inside this solution so that it is not only for the virtualization of CPU, RAM, disk, and network but also for security."

What is our primary use case?

It is useful for every case where you have to virtualize machines on-premises or on the cloud, and you need resilience, performance, and so on.

It is deployed on-premises, but you can also deploy it on the cloud. It is a hyper-convergence system. There is only one version.

What is most valuable?

It is flexible like a hyper-convergence system. You can add nodes, and you can scale to have better performance and stability. I also like the backup feature, the recovery system, and the web interface GUI to handle everything.

What needs improvement?

As far as I know, no hyper-convergence solution includes security, so you have to buy security from another brand. For example, you buy SimpliVity or Nutanix. They don't really have a security solution inside the product. It would be good if there is a security solution inside this solution so that it is not only for the virtualization of CPU, RAM, disk, and network but also for security.

Its price should also be better.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is scalable. You can add nodes and scale it.

Their technical support is very good. It is the best part of the product.

Its installation is very fast and easy. For two nodes, it takes maybe one or two hours.

We are doing it ourselves. We have engineers in the company who can do the job.

For deployment and maintenance, we have about 10 people. We have three engineers and three technicians.

Its price should be better, but I don't think they will change the price list.

You have to pay for licenses, and you have to pay for support, so you have an annual fee. You can use the product without the fee, but it's really dumb because you need support. We are an IT company. We provide the product, and we need the support too for our customers.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is a good product for us.

I would rate Sangfor HCI an eight out of 10.

Find out what your peers are saying about Sangfor, Nutanix, VMware and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: January 2022.
    564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Junior Solutions Engineer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Reseller
    A stable and scalable solution with regular updates and competitive pricing
    • "Sangfor has many solutions, and you can easily manage their machine servers with just one management. They're always striving for greatness, and they continuously update their products. For example, they have now built endpoint security within the firewall. They are continuously improving not only the security but also all other products."
    • "It can have more compatibility and new features. I would also like to see better performance. Some of the other HCI solutions already provide the SSD and flash storage and much higher Intel processors. Sangfor HCI can improve on that."

What is our primary use case?

A client is using it to build a high availability system to output many virtual machines, save power, and scale it up without the need to subscribe to a cloud provider like Amazon. It is their own HCI.

What is most valuable?

Sangfor has many solutions, and you can easily manage their machine servers with just one management.

They're always striving for greatness, and they continuously update their products. For example, they have now built endpoint security within the firewall. They are continuously improving not only the security but also all other products.

What needs improvement?

It can have more compatibility and new features. I would also like to see better performance. Some of the other HCI solutions already provide the SSD and flash storage and much higher Intel processors. Sangfor HCI can improve on that.

I have been using this solution for one year.

Our clients did not have any problem with it. It has minimal downtime.

It is very scalable. To scale it more, you just need to add nodes to the management. That's it. We have around 60 users in our company.

It is good. I had interacted with them for the POC, and we decided to purchase it very quickly. They were in Hong Kong or Malaysia.

The initial setup is pretty easy. This is my first job in the IT industry, and I could easily understand how to deploy it. It took just a few hours.

The pricing of Sangfor is very competitive.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that I have learned by using this product is to not judge a product by its price. Sangfor HCI is competitive in terms of price, and it has good features and functionality. I would recommend this solution to others. I am pretty satisfied with Sangfor products, and I want other people to also experience Sangfor.

I would rate Sangfor HCI a nine out of ten. It has great features, but there is always room for improvement. I am looking forward to more features in the future.

Zeeshan Ahmed Khan
    Director of Sales and Operations at Technosol
    A simple, user friendly and easy to configure solution
    • "I find the simplicity of Sangfor very valuable. It is easy to configure and user-friendly. The overall user experience as well as the usability of Sangfor is outstanding."
    • "There are certain aspects of sizing of the solution that need improvement."

What is our primary use case?

My organization is a gold partner for Sangfor in Pakistan.

We are using the computer virtualization, storage virtualization, network virtualization, virtual firewall as well as the NSB part network virtualization parts of Sangfor, third-generation HCI solution. We have 50 users using the solution.

For our customers, we have also installed Sangfor for demo purposes.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Sangfor has improved significantly over time. There are certain aspects of sizing of the solution that need improvement.

There are some security features that could be added.

We have been using Sangfor HCI for three years.

This solution is stable.

Sangfor is quite a scalable solution in terms of nodes. You can upgrade the solution it is very flexible and adaptable with zero downtime for upgrades.

Overall, the support from Sangfor is phenomenal.

We have been partners with Dell technologies as well for the last 10 years. Sangfor is much easier to understand, easier to adapt and easier to deploy with outstanding support.

The initial setup is straightforward if you have a basic IT understanding. If you have a dedicated team to deploy the solution, it will only take a couple of hours. It does depend on the size of your organization as well.

Since we are a seller of the solution, we deploy ourselves. It requires one person on our team to do maintenance.

The license fee is annual. It is an enterprise plus version that is bundled into a single socket-based license.

What other advice do I have?

Without hesitation, I recommend Sangfor because they have a standard with the stability and is agile.

I rate Sangfor HCI a 10 out of 10.

Chief Information Officer - Government at Govt of City of Makassar
    The user interface is good, but it doesn't support SAS and it consumes a lot of power
    • "I would rate the user-friendliness an eight out of ten."
    • "Sangfor does not support a SAS configuration, which is something that we would like."

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using this product to store our applications. We are using to host data for us to perform analytics on.

What is most valuable?

The interface is typical for this type of product. I would rate the user-friendliness an eight out of ten.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for Kubernetes and Docker.

We have been dealing with Sangfor for less than eight months.

I think that there are issues with scalability because Sangfor consumes a high amount of power. In order to scale using Sangfor, I would also have to scale up the amount of power in my data center.

I am currently not getting enough technical support because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I am looking for direct support, but I don't have it.

The price of Sangfor is cheaper than other competing products.

I am currently looking to replace this solution with something from perhaps Nutanix or Dell. I am still looking for the best solution to use in our next project.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I think that this is an average product. I am not satisfied with it and do not recommend that others use it.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

Responsabile Sistemi Informativi at a construction company with 51-200 employees
    It's cheaper and easier to use than the competing solution

What is our primary use case?

We use Sangfor HCI  for MES and for ERP systems.

What is most valuable?

Sangfor is user-friendly and simple to upgrade.

What needs improvement?

Sangfor could improve its built-in CAP system. Right now, we need to use an external tool for CAP.

Sangfor is highly stable.

Sangfor is scalable. For example, we upgraded from 256 to 512 megabytes of memory. We have about 50 people, and we're increasing usage at our secondary corporate site.

Sangfor technical support is great. They're available 24/7.

We were previously using a VMware…

What is our primary use case?

We use Sangfor HCI  for MES and for ERP systems.

What is most valuable?

Sangfor is user-friendly and simple to upgrade.

What needs improvement?

Sangfor is highly stable.

Sangfor technical support is great. They're available 24/7.

We were previously using a VMware solution, but we switched to Sangfor because of usability and pricing.

Setting up Sangfor HCI was straightforward. We had help from a consultant.

We haven't calculated ROI, but we'll do that in the coming year. It's hard to make an accurate cost-benefit analysis by comparing to our past usage because the number of machines has increased over the last couple of years. We now have 45 virtual machines.

Our initial license covers the first five years.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sangfor HCI eight out of 10. I have to take a couple of points off because of some minor things, like the CAP system.

Presales Engineer at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    User-friendly, easy to set up, and the auto-scaling is helpful

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and Sangfor HCI is one of the products that we have experience with. Our primary use case is for clustering our SaaS.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is auto-scaling. The interface is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The error reporting needs to be improved.

I have been using Sangfor HCI for one year.

We have had no issues with stability.

Scalability has not been a problem with this product.

They have good technical support.

The initial setup is not complex. It is…

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for clustering our SaaS.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is auto-scaling.

The interface is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The error reporting needs to be improved.

I have been using Sangfor HCI for one year.

We have had no issues with stability.

Scalability has not been a problem with this product.

They have good technical support.

The initial setup is not complex. It is user-friendly and easy to deploy.

Installing the hypervisor takes less than half an hour.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this product and I recommend it.

Product Categories
    Hyper-Converged (HCI)
    Download our free Hyper-Converged (HCI) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Sangfor, Nutanix, VMware, and more!