IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Pulseway OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Pulseway?

Pulseway’s comprehensive remote monitoring and management (RMM) software provides a complete view across your network. View operational data for workstations, servers, VMs, network devices and more, while resolving issues straight from the same interface.

Pulseway Customers

Dell, Canon, Siemens, Harvard University, Northwestern University

Pulseway Video

Archived Pulseway Reviews (more than two years old)

System Administrator at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Shows the real monitoring of the systems and lets us know how much memory is being used
  • "We like the patching of the window updates in the client's systems. You can automatically do updates with a single click."
  • "They have good technical support but it's not excellent."

What is our primary use case?

It is a systems monitoring tool. We monitor the performance of the endpoints by checking the Pulseway console. If a particular endpoint is over 90% then it sends me a notification. We remotely control our systems through Pulseway. We do Windows upgrades through the console. It monitors the system and shows the real monitoring of the systems. It also lets us know how much memory is being used.

How has it helped my organization?

Window updating and checking which endpoints are not performing up to the mark is a big task for us, it has improved my organization because it will give us a complete report. It will track all of the configurations of the system. You can run a report for asset inventory. It gives a report about the hardware that's running on the ground.

What is most valuable?

We like the patching of the window updates in the client's systems. You can automatically do updates with a single click. There are automatic tasks. If you want to run a script in a remote system then you can do so. There are many aspects that make the work for the administrator a lot easier.  They have made a lot of improvements. We have a lot more reports, there are more automation options and better scheduling features. You can schedule workflows, which tasks you want in your workflow.

We have been using it for around nine months.
Network Monitoring Software
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Pulseway, SolarWinds, Zabbix and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable. If we have any challenges, support adds the features that we request as soon as we need them. The development team is very helpful.

Scalability is very easy. We have around 20 users. There are 10 servers on which the users have deployed Pulseway.

The initial setup was very easy for us. It is easy to deploy. You only have to add one system and it automatically takes the IP range and automatically starts installing in the particular range of that IP. We can install it in half an hour.  It automatically detects it in our system then you only need to click "install."  To configure the entire thing takes one to two hours.  We used Pulseway for support of the deployment. They installed the application on our server.

What other advice do I have?

We are very satisfied with the product. You can deploy it on your mobile phone and you can control everything about your IP infrastructure from home. You can access the servers from your mobile.  I would rate it an eight out of ten.  They have good technical support but it's not excellent.  It has made life a lot easier for the administrators. It has taken a lot of burdens off of them. There are many reports. You can perform many of the functions remotely.

Hybrid Cloud
Director / Lead Engineer at Batten Services International Limited
Overall a reasonably priced and robust RMM solution for most applications.

What is most valuable?

The Pulseway Dashboard's functionalities have become critically integrated into our workflow processes. Overall a reasonably priced and robust RMM solution for most applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this platform has allowed us to reach and assist our remotely based clients, regardless of their location provided they have an internet connection. In addition to this, the dashboard is invaluable for our workshop based staff to be able to see and attend to critical systems issues at a glance to a dedicated screen.

What needs improvement?

Remote Desktop Assistance for Mac endpoints - not having this functionality is a major inconvenience in having to have two systems for clients using this platform. If the product had this functionality it would get a 10/10 rating from me.

Approx. 2 years.

No major issues in deployment, our transition from SaaS to hosted implementation was reasonably seamless.

In our experience both the hosted and SaaS implementations of this product have been extremely stable.

The only issue we have experienced with scalability of this product is the delay between requesting an upgrade and implementation (approx. 12 hours) due to our time zone difference.

10/10

10/10

Previously we had been using Kaseya, switch was made due to to a combination of stability and pricing issues.

Initial setup was reasonably straightforward, follow the manual and ensure you have a SSL certificate valid for the domain record you intend to implement the service on if hosting in-house and you shouldn't run into any problems.

We implemented our SaaS trial through the NZ distributor of this product (Chillisoft), once we have completed our testing, we migrated to a hosted solution which we implemented in-house. The team at Chillisoft are very knowledgeable on this product.

Our ROI is approx. 4-5 months with our current usage in each 12 month billing period. This will vary based on your actual licensing requirements and how you on-charge this to clients.

Check your actual requirements, remember that RDP session licensing is based on concurrent active connections, and always ensure you have a few client licenses up your sleeve.

Yes, several - from memory Naverisk, Autotask, and Kaseya (incumbent at that point).

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Pulseway, SolarWinds, Zabbix, and more!
Updated: June 2022