Pulseway OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Pulseway is the #14 ranked solution in top Server Monitoring tools, #30 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools, and #33 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give Pulseway an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Pulseway is most commonly compared to Zabbix: Pulseway vs Zabbix. Pulseway is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is Pulseway?

Pulseway is a remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform designed to help MSPs and IT teams manage modern IT networks, reduce downtime, and achieve efficiency through automation, while increasing end-user satisfaction.

Pulseway’s intuitive interface provides real-time actionable detailed information on servers, workstations, and network devices. Using Pulseway’s customizable alerts, you can quickly identify problems, communicate with users, and automatically resolve issues with built-in commands and scripts.

Some of Pulseway’s benefits and features include:

• Comprehensive monitoring: Pulseway’s remote monitoring feature provides a complete view of your entire network. Gain visibility into operational data for workstations, servers, virtual machines, network devices, and more. If necessary, resolve issues directly from the same interface.
  • Remote access: Get a real-time view across your network, receive alerts, and remedy problems from anywhere with any mobile device using Pulseway’s full feature mobile app.
  • Automation: Automate repetitive tasks and design auto-remediation workflows, ensuring that critical patches are automatically applied.
  • Quick setup: Get your team up and running in minutes with Pulseway’s simplified deployment and auto-discovery engine. See all the IT endpoints and then rapidly mass deploy Pulseway with pre-configured built-in policies and out-of-the-box scripts.
  • Patch management: Pulseway automates the discovery and application of operating systems and third-party patches to ensure all your applications are kept up to date.
  • Reporting: Use custom or ready-made templates to create reports on system status and events. Reports can be sent manually or emailed automatically on schedule.
  • Backup and recovery: Protect your users’ data wherever it is stored and restore it to anywhere. Pulseway Cloud Backup’s intuitive interface enables you to easily schedule and deploy backups, recover data, and check up on backup status from both the Pulseway web application and the Pulseway mobile application. Quickly deploy backup agents.
  • Vulnerability scanning: Pulseway’s vulnerability scanner is easy to use and alerts for vulnerabilities in real time. With Pulseway’s vulnerability scanner, organizations can easily perform standard vulnerability scans that are regarded as international best practice.
  • Eliminate data loss: Prevent data loss and downtime from ransomware attacks with built-in detection and safeguards that allow for fast recovery after an attack.
  • Service ticket management: Pulseway’s complete help desk and ticketing solution allows you to respond quickly and professionally to user issues.
  • CRM: Get the information and resources you need to focus on your customers and increase opportunities.
  • Project management: Receive real-time project status with details on resource usage and tasks.
  • Finance and billing: Automatically create and post invoices imported from timesheets and expense reports.
  • Time tracking: Log precise information on time and expenses by company, project, tasks, and employees. Automatically record how much time is spent on a ticket for accurate billing.
  • Integrations: Integrate with leading solutions, including:

Pulseway Video

Pulseway Reviews

Moldir Shynggys - PeerSpot reviewer
Application Security Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Intuitive with good remote functionality and an easy setup
  • "The setup is simple."
  • "There are some bugs or glitches."

What is our primary use case?

I've used it for the support of the users inside the company.

There were several use cases. For example, if anyone is reporting any issue, such as some issue with their laptop, or some pop-up where it requests for admin credentials, I could just jump in directly to their laptop. I was able to remote control their laptop. That was use case number one.

The second use case was for working with the user laptops. For example, I was able to do manual deployments, including if the wifi passwords had been changed and we could not reveal the password. We would just deploy it manually by clicking one button, and writing some script in the Pulseway, and just deploying it without the users' notice.

I also have been able to see what's happening on the user's machine if someone has a high CPU level. I was also able to see a list of the applications installed on their machine and if there is any antivirus.

What is most valuable?

I found Pulseway very handy and useful when using them for online support when someone is in another country. For example, my work is based in Prague. However, I’d support someone in the States or someone from East Asia. It was a great tool. I was able to check everything at the same time.

From the IT support perspective, remote controlling is the most valuable aspects. Pulseway was good as I had admin access. I could just remote connect, and I was able to jump into the user's machine. I could set PINs remotely. It was convenient.

The setup is simple.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the speed is a problem. When I've been remote controlling people, from time to time, there were some issues with people in Hong Kong. I was just clicking one thing, and it took some time to work. For example, if I tried to remotely open a folder on the user machine, I’m waiting about six or seven seconds before the folder will be opened.

There are some bugs or glitches.

Sometimes I have some glitches. Sometimes I get glitches with the 2FA when I was trying to confirm my access from my phone. When I was logging in to the web version, it was minor bugs. For example, when I'm repeating my action, it works with some minor glitches that are not very big.

Once I remember, there was a glitch with a deployment. When I was trying to deploy one application to the user's laptop, it was not happening; however, I just tried again after some time, and it worked.

Network Monitoring Software
January 2023
Find out what your peers are saying about Pulseway, SolarWinds, Zabbix and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2023.
670,400 professionals have used our research since 2012.

My understanding is the solution can scale. I don't remember that much, as I used to be IT support intern and I didn't have all of the rights of the admins.

There are about ten users. There were people from IT support and a few from the security department.

I’ve never dealt with technical support in the past.

When I came there, they had been using the solution, and I decided I would also use it as well.

The initial setup was easy for me, as I would say it was effortless. We had the Pulseway manual installed application in the boot server. If we're giving a laptop to the new hires and we are doing imaging of the laptops, and during the process of imaging, there's a list of applications that are installed automatically. There was Pulseway as one of them. We never had issues with the Pulseway.

I’m not sure how long the deployment took. Deployment happened together with the rest of the applications. For example, one deployment process for re-installation of a Windows version and the re-installation of the application would take about 30 minutes up to one-hour maximum. Generally, it’s assumed to be pretty fast.

What other advice do I have?

I was a customer and end-user.

I used it up until three months ago. I'm not using it currently. I have used it in the past when I was working as an IT support.

I've used the web-based version and installed the application on a Windows machine.

I would say this is a good option if it's the person who will also work as IT support. One of the applications I have used the most was to troubleshoot users and I've never faced difficulties or issues with the application itself.

There is no need to find a tutorial. If someone is new to Pulseway, they have this welcome video which is like an onboarding process. Plus, it's a very intuitive application. You will understand the functionality quite quickly.

I’d rate it eight out of ten. If it was faster, I would rate it higher.

Pieter Plas - PeerSpot reviewer
Owner at Beerepoot Automatisering B.V.
MSP/MSSP
A solution with a great monitoring system and ability to control access remotely
  • "It gives you remote control and has a mobile app."
  • "The solution does not allow you to make a script for just one customer."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is our monitoring system. When something is wrong with our customers, we see it on the service desk. We also have TVs in our building so everyone can see what's happening with the customer.

Another valuable feature of Pulseway is that it gives you remote control and has a mobile app. For example, when a customer calls on the weekend for an expired password, we can easily update the password policy via the mobile app. So this solution allows for 24/7 support and is very handy.

What needs improvement?

It is difficult to pinpoint something that could be improved. We use Pulseway as an MSP for multiple customers. The system is built from the customer's perspective. This allows us to make automatic scripting for extra features. When we make a script for a typical customer, the script is available for all our customers. However, the solution does not allow you to make a script for just one customer, so it would be great if that is improved.

We have been using this solution for about one year. We used it when it was called PC Monitor, and we are using the latest version.

Regarding deployment, we have our own Pulseway server, and all the customers are connected with their own Pulseway server. It is not a cloud solution for us. However, most Pulseway customers use the cloud solution. We are an MSP for our customers, and all customers are connected via the enterprise server. We use Pulseway for monitoring and updating.

It is a stable solution. We had used it for ten years when it was called PC Monitor and only experienced problems once, but it was our fault. We were not updating the enterprise server. The issue we faced was that the Pulseway app on the mobile was updated at the Apple Store, and the communication between the mobile app and the enterprise server didn't work because there were different versions.

It is very scalable. If a customer has multiple clients or services, it is still scalable.

The technical support is very good because we worked with them from the beginning and helped with the development. In addition, we have very close bonds with the development team at Pulseway, which makes it very easy to suggest improvements.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup was straightforward. Deployment depends on the size of a customer. We make the customer in the enterprise server, and there is a download per customer for the installation package. We can also roll it out very easily, and when we install it on one or two systems, it explores the network for more systems. We can then fire a deployment package on the other systems. So in one hour, we can do a lot. Most of the time, 90% of the work is very easy, and the last 10% are the business-critical systems from a customer. Also, we manually install important customer systems, like special applications where we like to monitor specific services in the server itself.

ROI depends on how you sell it, and you have to build your profit model. For us, it's a part of our service level agreement, so the customers pay for monitoring. We add some consultancy costs, which makes it valuable. I believe we sell it for about 500 euros per server per year. This covers the licences and the consultancy to solve customer issues triggered by Pulseway.

The licensing for Pulseway is very low when you compare it to other solutions such as Kaseya or SolarWinds Enable. So it has very good value.

We have special pricing because we have very good connections with the development team. We pay about 1 euro per client per month.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a nine out of ten. Regarding advice, we're very glad to use our own enterprise server. I would advise other MSPs like us to use their own enterprise server, not the cloud solution, because it's cheaper, and you have the control. But we've noticed that Pulseway would rather sell the cloud solution.

Network Monitoring Software
January 2023
670,400 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Naman Bali - PeerSpot reviewer
Cyber Security Analyst L2 at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Excellent monitoring features and great workflow
  • "The solution has great workflow and server modules."
  • "GUI needs to be improved and the solution lacks a process for monitoring VOIP calls."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is primarily for IT infrastructure monitoring. We distribute this product to our clients. We are customers of Pulseway and I'm a cyber security analyst L2.

What is most valuable?

The solution has great workflow and server modules. From there, you can monitor your active directory, exchange server, Windows roles, and even Linux-based solutions. They provide a lot of features; it's good and easy software. I like the network feature which allows the addition of router switches and the ability to update variables. I'm able to build some SNMP OIDs to check on the monitoring status of network devices. At the time of patch management, you can also update your software for third-party softwares. You can select the application as well as customize your own application and install them on the PulseWay dashboard. Compared to other solutions, Pulseway is straightforward and easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see an improved GUI and the solution should include a process of monitoring VOIP calls. I'd like improved response time from the technical support and to have the VOIP monitoring added in the next release.

I've been using this solution for five months.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

The product is scalable.

Support needs to be improved because we've sometimes had to wait 24 hours to get a response. In technical terms, once they do respond, the support is very good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is straightforward and we used a third party for deployment. We have around 17 clients and over 100 machines hosting Pulseway. It's used on a daily basis.

We pay a monthly license fee.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product because it has a lot of good features and I rate it 10 out of 10.

Private Cloud

Other
Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Pulseway, SolarWinds, Zabbix, and more!
Updated: January 2023