Oracle Data Quality OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Data Quality is the #10 ranked solution in top Data Quality tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Data Quality an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Oracle Data Quality is most commonly compared to Informatica Data Quality: Oracle Data Quality vs Informatica Data Quality. Oracle Data Quality is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Data Quality Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Oracle Data Quality?
Oracle Enterprise Data Quality delivers a complete, best-of-breed approach to party and product data, resulting in trustworthy master data that integrates with applications to improve business insight.

Oracle Data Quality was previously known as Datanomic.

Oracle Data Quality Customers
Roka Bioscience, Statistics Centre _ Abu Dhabi , Raymond James Financial inc., CaixaBank, Industrial Bank of Korea, Posco, NHS Business Services Authority, RWE Power, LIFE Financial Group,
Oracle Data Quality Video

Oracle Data Quality Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Data Quality pricing:
"The price of this solution is comparable to other similar solutions."

Oracle Data Quality Reviews

Venkatraman Bhat - PeerSpot reviewer
Deliver Head - Database and Infrastructure cloud services at Tech Mahindra Limited
Fast, has good extraction, validation, and transformation features, and provides good support
  • "The features I like most about Oracle Data Quality include extraction, transformation, and validation, which makes it a multipurpose product such as Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator. I also like that Oracle Data Quality is very fast, so you can use it for a large volume of data within a short period. You have to do the validation very quickly, so the solution helps in that area of data quality. Another feature of Oracle Data Quality that I like is the MDM (Master Data Management) where you'll have a single source of protection, and this makes the solution perfect and helpful to my company."
  • "Though validation is good and fast enough in Oracle Data Quality, an area for improvement is the accuracy of the validation. Though the solution offers multidimensional validation, it needs a bit more improvement in the accuracy aspect because smaller products can offer better accuracy in terms of validation compared to Oracle Data Quality. What I'd like to see from the solution in its next release, is an increase in compliances and regulations that would allow it to cover all industries because multiple verticals demand data quality nowadays, and this improvement will be helpful as Oracle Data Quality is an in-built delivered solution."

What is our primary use case?

We're mostly using Oracle Data Quality during the ETVL process, or to make sure that there's one source of truth and that there's no redundancy at all. We're also using the solution for quality assurance and data governance. It's part of the cleansing activity for enterprise data, not only for a data warehouse but also for Data Lakehouse. Through Oracle Data Quality, you'll get data from multiple sources, plan it then present it with an analytics layer.

What is most valuable?

The features I like most about Oracle Data Quality include extraction, transformation, and validation, which makes it a multipurpose product such as Oracle GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator.

I also like that Oracle Data Quality is very fast, so you can use it for a large volume of data within a short period.

You have to do the validation very quickly, so the solution helps in that area of data quality.

Another feature of Oracle Data Quality that I like is the MDM (Master Data Management) where you'll have a single source of protection, and this makes the solution perfect and helpful to my company.

What needs improvement?

Though validation is good and fast enough in Oracle Data Quality, an area for improvement is the accuracy of the validation. Though the solution offers multidimensional validation, it needs a bit more improvement in the accuracy aspect because smaller products can offer better accuracy in terms of validation compared to Oracle Data Quality.

What I'd like to see from the solution in its next release, is an increase in compliances and regulations that would allow it to cover all industries because multiple verticals demand data quality nowadays, and this improvement will be helpful as Oracle Data Quality is an in-built delivered solution.

My experience with Oracle Data Quality is around ten years or so.

November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Informatica, Trillium and others in Data Quality. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Oracle Data Quality is a stable solution.

Oracle Data Quality, in terms of scalability, is good. There's no doubt about that. Tools offered by Oracle have very high scalability, which includes Oracle Data Quality.

The Oracle Data Quality technical support team is good because you can raise a ticket, and it'll be solved. If the issue is critical or pressing, the support team will set up a web conference, check the system, then provide you with a solution.

The initial setup for Oracle Data Quality is easy. Nowadays, it's easy, but in the past, a lot of steps were required to set the solution up. Deploying the solution both on the cloud and on-premise is easy.

There's ROI from Oracle Data Quality. It gives you value for money and better ROI, especially when it's deployed on the cloud. It's fast and it's ready to use. You can just subscribe and provision Oracle Data Quality, then start using it. You don't need great effort in terms of setting it up, installing it, and configuring it. Oracle Data Quality is a straightforward and fast solution. Even after you implement it and go live with it, you won't need a dedicated specialist to run and maintain it. A multi-skilled person or even a junior staff can handle Oracle Data Quality. Oracle offers this service and other services as part of its platform, so you won't have to buy a separate license.

What other advice do I have?

My company is a partner of Oracle and also a system integrator and consultant for Oracle Data Quality.

Oracle Data Quality used to be on-premises, but in 2012, it started to have a cloud version, so nowadays, it's deployed on the cloud. It's part of an Oracle data warehouse, Oracle Data Lake, or Oracle Data Lakehouse, and it's not an independent service on the cloud, but it's part of a larger data management platform service.

You don't need additional staff to do the maintenance for Oracle Data Quality. If you have someone in charge of the data platform, analytics, cloud service, or any ETVL purpose, that same person can do the maintenance as well.

In terms of development and implementation, anyone experienced in Oracle Data Lakehouse or similar can do it, but if you have a large project, then the different roles could be broken down and assigned to more than one person. From a compliance point of view, you don't need a lot of people for Oracle Data Quality. You can run the solution, implement it, and even provide support for it with a minimal number of people.

My advice to anyone planning to implement Oracle Data Quality is to look at the governance and compliance needs first. Before making a decision, you should also look into the features of the solution and evaluate whether those are in-built or if you may have to do a workaround. Oracle Data Quality covers a lot of areas, and I would recommend it, but it's always better to crosscheck first with the compliance and regulation needs of your environment.

I would rate Oracle Data Quality nine out of ten because I believe that any product always has room for improvement.

Project Manager/Application Architect at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Can be used in the fund raising industry for entity matching
  • "With Oracle Data Quality, the most valuable feature is entity matching."
  • "Oracle is currently not that intuitive. We need to use programmers to write code for a lot of the procedures. We need to have them write CL SQL code and write a CL script."

What is our primary use case?

We use it in the university fundraising industry. Once students graduate and start giving to the university, they become donors. Then, we need to maintain their giving history. Giving is quite complicated. You can make a pledge, and your company can make a matching gift. We need to make sure that all that type of information is in our system.

When they make a gift to online, we want to make sure to load the data into our Advancement database right away or as soon as possible. We don't want to delay a week, for example, and send them a gift received acknowledgement.

What is most valuable?

With Oracle Data Quality, the most valuable feature is entity matching. For example, I have a John Smith in our system and another John Smith makes a gift online, and there's no unique identifier, like an ID number, to link those two together. So, we need to come up with a solution to match them up.

I want to have matching algorithms set up to make sure that the data from different systems will come in and also become unified or have a consolidated record for John Smith. You want to have a 360 degree view of this record.

What needs improvement?

We are looking for a really good data integration tool. Oracle is currently not that intuitive. We need to use programmers to write code for a lot of the procedures. We need to have them write CL SQL code and write a CL script.

It would be better if we needed to do less coding and have a system that is more like a CRM.

The stability has been good so far. If you set up a CL script, it will launch it like a machine because it is a machine, but you won't know if the network is having a problem until the next day. That's a problem with the reporting databases not refreshing It happened several times during the past year.

What other advice do I have?

Because we need to do a lot of coding with Oracle Data Quality, we are actually looking into transitioning to a CRM. We like having new ways to interact with the application system, such as to click and drag and to build a program of the flow process. Instead of coding, we would be able to actually build in processes and interact more with the system from the front end.

However, I think Oracle Data Quality is definitely worth giving a try. It's a good product. It will help keep your data in line with other systems. So, I would rate it at eight on a scale from one to ten.

November 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Integration Specialist at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Highly stable, responsive technical support, and effective data cleansing and deduplication
  • "I have found the most valuable features to be data cleansing and deduplication."
  • "Oracle Data Quality should integrate with data warehousing solutions such as Azure and CWS Office. For example, having the ability to integrate with tools, such as Azure Synapse and SQL data warehousing would be a great benefit."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for data quality management.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable features to be data cleansing and deduplication.

What needs improvement?

There are other providers that have a cloud solution, it would be helpful if Oracle had a cloud offering to stay competitive with other solutions.

Oracle Data Quality should integrate with data warehousing solutions such as Azure and CWS Office. For example, having the ability to integrate with tools, such as Azure Synapse and SQL data warehousing would be a great benefit.

I have been using this solution is for approximately two years.

The solution is very stable.

I have found this solution to be scalable but the scalability is dependant on the hardware you have on-premise. You are only limited by the physical hardware you have. If there was a cloud offering scalability should be part of the public cloud design offering.

The technical support is very good. We had a good experience with the support.

The initial setup was complicated, there is a lot of configuration that needs to be done. This is an area that can improve by simplifying it.

The price of this solution is comparable to other similar solutions.

I have evaluated other solutions and Oracle Data Quality fairs well compared to others.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is this on-premise Oracle Data Quality solution would definitely deprecate over a short period of time. You want to have some form of cloud integration using the on-premise versions because a lot of these enterprise applications are moving towards a public cloud. This tool can be really beneficial because data mining or cleansing has a lot of advantages. There should be a way we can manage cloud offerings. From on-premise to cloud, there are issues with people replicating data because of the cost involved, there needs to be cloud functionality to avoid this.

I rate Oracle Data Quality an seven out of ten.

Download our free Data Quality Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Informatica, Trillium, and more!
Updated: November 2022