We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Nintex Workflow OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nintex Workflow is #10 ranked solution in top Process Automation tools and #14 ranked solution in BPM Software. PeerSpot users give Nintex Workflow an average rating of 8 out of 10. Nintex Workflow is most commonly compared to K2: Nintex Workflow vs K2. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is Nintex Workflow?

At Nintex, our goal is to make work more meaningful by improving business processes. With the Nintex Platform, your organization can manage, automate, and optimize your business processes - all with clicks, not code.

Nintex Workflow was previously known as Nintex Workflow Platform.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Nintex Workflow Customers

Asiacell, Hawke’s Bay Regional Council, National Metrology Institute of South Africa, Norwegian Olympic Committee, Schnitzer Steel, MT Højgaard, Lippuner

Nintex Workflow Video

Nintex Workflow Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Nintex Workflow pricing:
  • "The price of this solution is affordable but the problem in Algeria is our community is a bit slower. The new clients might feel the solution is a bit expensive."
  • "We pay on a yearly basis. It's my understanding that we pay approximately $11,000/year."
  • "Comparatively, it's expensive."
  • Nintex Workflow Reviews

Ram Chenna
    Enterprise Architect at Blueray Digital Services
    Good support, straightforward to set up, and improves our process performance
    • "It has integration with BI and Analytics tools, and RPA toolsets as well."
    • "We would like to design parallel workflows and long-running workflows, along with new features for connecting to cloud-based systems."

What is our primary use case?

We have implemented an end-to-end workflow solution for a private bank for their loan origination system. We have also implemented a claims reimbursement system, and item-level permissions for SharePoint lists using Nintex workflows.

For end-to-end approval workflows, Nintex workflows are deployed on the SharePoint front-end servers. The claims reimbursement workflows are end-to-end workflows for approvals of claims within the organization. Those for financial services include loan origination, legal and compliance, and core banking system workflows.

Resource management and employee onboarding workflows have also been created to automate the employee onboarding process.

How has it helped my organization?

From what was a 20 to 30-day approval cycle, it has now come down to between two and three days for approving loans and claims.

SharePoint does not support item-level/row-level permissions, and we were able to implement the solution using Nintex workflows.

The product and its features have improved the productivity and efficiency of the process flow within the application and systems, providing end-to-end connectivity to all systems.

Tracking of all approvals minutely, audit logs for issues, and helping to find out any non-compliance in the process flows.

What is most valuable?

State machine and sequential Workflows are excellent features for creating complex state machine and sequential workflows that integrate with major Microsoft products like CRM Dynamics, SAP, and Peoplesoft.

We can create workflows for document management, publishing workflows, and create other custom workflow solutions spanning multiple roles and levels of approvals.

It has integration with BI and Analytics tools, and RPA toolsets as well.

Custom integration using REST APIs for Line of Business applications is helpful.

It provides good audit and reporting for workflow tasks to detect and resolve issues.

What needs improvement?

We had issues with long-running workflows for approval processes. While the workflows are waiting for the action to be taken by the approvers, sometimes the approval takes time and workflows do not respond to the actions after a certain number of days.

When the workflow tasks increase in number, there are issues with performance that need to be addressed.

We have been using the Nintex workflow solution for close to eight years.

The Nintex solution is stable for small to medium workflows and even, to an extent, large workflows.

The Nintex solution can scale from a single server to multiple server deployments to manage workloads.

Good customer support in terms of help desk, and support for fixing product issues.

The initial setup was straightforward, with appropriate demos, documentation, and user manuals.

Implementing the workflows as a development vendor for a major financial services organization, real estate firms, and insurance companies.

Looking at the capabilities and usage for all process flows to be automated within multiple systems and applications throughout the enterprise, the ROI will be met and break-even reached within a year.

L'GHOUL Youcef
    Digital Solution Engineer at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Feature rich, affordable, and responsive technical support
    • "The SharePoint feature is a really good connection, there are many features that are good."
    • "The interface could be better and more language support is needed in the development environment or in the solutions platform in general."

What is our primary use case?

One use of the solution is for the leave request process end to end. Someone submits a request, there is verification, and then depending on the answer of the monitor of the human resources, a document is generated for a digital signature where the item is stored in SharePoint.

What is most valuable?

The SharePoint feature is a really good connection, there are many features that are good.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be better and more language support is needed in the development environment or in the solutions platform in general. Here in Algeria, we have clients wanting the solution to be in French instead of English.

In the future, I think it would be a benefit for the company to have a larger social media presence. This way more people would know about the solution and its benefits.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable. For what I use it for, I have not had any problems or encountered any errors.

We have two people using the solution in my company. We are building demos to show potential clients.

The technical support is very good.

I used previously K2, then after Nintex bought K2, we are now using them both.

The main difference is K2 is used for complex and deep processes. While this solution is used for simple to moderately complicated processes.

In the initial setup, I found there to be too much compromise in the cloud version. The cloud version is deployed in any environment with no problem. We did not install an optimized version for now, but I think it is not going to be complicated because it is on serval different SharePoints.

We did the implementation ourselves and it took one week to do. The maintenance of the solution is done by Nintex on their end.

The price of this solution is affordable but the problem in Algeria is our community is a bit slower. The new clients might feel the solution is a bit expensive.

I have evaluated Kudzu and SAP CRMs previously. They both have CRM connections which are good.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Nintex Workflow a nine out of ten.

Other
    Find out what your peers are saying about Nintex, K2, Camunda and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: January 2022.
    564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Steven Berg
    SharePoint Administrator at LTCG
    Stable and easy to set up with great visual representations
    • "I really like the visual representation. It actually looks like a flow chart, which is nicer than a SharePoint Designer workflow, which doesn't have that ability."
    • "The solution is a bit too expensive. It could be cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for a lot of things. However, one of the main things we use it for is approval workflows.

What is most valuable?

I really like the visual representation. It actually looks like a flow chart, which is nicer than a SharePoint Designer workflow, which doesn't have that ability.

What needs improvement?

The solution is a bit too expensive. It could be cheaper.

I've been dealing with the solution for two or three years at this point.

The product is quite stable. I haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. It hasn't crashed or frozen on me. It's reliable, as far as I can tell.

It's my understanding that the solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it should be able to do so.

We have about 1,500 users on the solution currently. Anyone who can access SharePoint can access this product, and that is pretty much the entire company.

I've dealt with technical support in the past. They could be better. They aren't as responsive or knowledgeable as they could be. I'm not completely satisfied with their level of service. That's just my own personal experience. They have tried to be helpful, and the issues I had with them were a long time ago.

The initial setup, as far as I understand it, was not complex. It was very straightforward. However, I personally didn't install it. It was installed when I came to the job.

The cost of the solution is quite high. If they could work to reduce it for their customer, that would be ideal for us.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I am using the latest version of the solution, whichever it is. I'm not sure of the exact name of the version.

I don't know how the product compares with other solutions other than the older versions of Workflow such as SharePoint Designer.  I know that with Online, SharePoint Online, there are other workflow management tools that you can use if you would like to.

In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly happy with it.

Senior Manager - Reporting and Analytics at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
    Often straightforward to set up, but integration, stability, and monitoring need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are using Nintex Workflow for internal reviews between banking groups, and automating the workflow.

What needs improvement?

Integrating with work services is required, and it's an area that needs improvement. Stability needs improvement. From a monitoring point of view, and alerting should be improved.

We have been using Nintex Workflow for almost four years.

Unfortunately, Nintex Workflow is not that stable. We are looking at shifting to another tool.

We have over 200 users in our organization.

We have technical support available to us, but…

Stability needs improvement.

From a monitoring point of view, and alerting should be improved.

We have been using Nintex Workflow for almost four years.

We have over 200 users in our organization.

We have technical support available to us, but we have not utilized often, our resources are capable of addressing all of our technical issues.

Previously, we did not use another solution, it was our first test workflow system.

With the initial setup, most of the cases are straightforward.

The deployment and implementation are done ourselves.

Comparatively, it's expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are planning to decommission this product for use and we are still exploring other products.

I would recommend some other tools rather than this.

I would rate Nintex Workflow a seven out of ten.

Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Nintex, K2, Camunda, and more!