Based on the requirements, we use Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional. Our clients have their licenses and access. So, we execute in the client environment itself, which involves, basically, running a load test or stress test using the tool and analyzing the system performance with different metrics like server session and clientset.
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional is the #2 ranked solution in top Load Testing Tools and #3 ranked solution in top Performance Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional is most commonly compared to Tricentis NeoLoad: Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional vs Tricentis NeoLoad. Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 17% of all views.
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Buyer's Guide
Download the Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2023
What is Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional?
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional is a performance testing tool used for various software applications, including web-related use cases, API testing, and enterprise performance modeling. Its valuable features include quick test case creation and execution, graph monitoring, multiple protocols, scripting and executing tests, scalability, easy setup, auto-correlation, analysis and reporting capabilities, stability, reliability, and compatibility with various programming languages.
LoadRunner has helped organizations load test potential new payroll solutions and choose the best option, record network traffic of mobile applications, and handle different protocols. It is the ultimate tool for performance testing.
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Will Enable You To:
- Drive quality across your enterprise.
- Alleviate the challenges of managing many application types, testing tools, licenses, repositories, and systems while working toward unified results.
With Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional You Can:
- Increase organizational efficiency through standardization of tools and resources.
- Balance your priorities and improve the results delivered by your testing team.
- Increase testing productivity.
- Improve collaboration across application teams.
- Gain the ability to outsource some or all the tactical work of load testing.
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Features:
- Intuitive and Easy to Use: Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional is intuitive, versatile, and easy to use, which makes it easy for testers to quickly learn the basics and apply them to their testing tasks, while engineers who are more experienced can utilize all the features for the most complex of scenarios.
- Comprehensive Enterprise Coverage: Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional provides support for multiple protocols such as HTML, WebSocket, AJAX, RDP, Database, Remote Terminal Emulators, Citrix, Java, .NET, Oracle and SAP.
- Scripting Technologies: Reduce scripting time by 50% or more via Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional’s TruClient protocol, and automatic correlation, and correlate both front end (user experience) and back end (load) issues.
- Extensive and Flexible Test Scenarios: The LoadRunner solution provides several valuable features that let you validate, enhance, and modify your tests. It gives you the ability to integrate external measurements to assess the impact on every application component, extend tests with success-failure checks, and emulate peak loads. You can also apply load on the go and change parameters for better flexibility in order to yield the most representative testing possible.
- Realistic Network Conditions: Network virtualization capabilities help accurately simulate realistic conditions for an accurate analysis of both throughput and user response time. Realistic network conditions are predicted using location-aware analytics, transaction analysis and optimization.
- Accurate Workloads with Low Overhead: Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional allows you to run high-scale tests with minimal hardware so that you can apply accurate workloads to any application.
- Ongoing Testing Support: The Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional solution provides continuous testing support via built-in integrations across IDE, CI/CD, open source test automation, monitoring, and source code management tools.
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Benefits:
- Quickly deliver enterprise engineering capabilities and facilitate sharing of assets and collaboration.
- Reduce complexity and increase utilization of infrastructure and human resources.
- Get the big picture with cross-project reporting and individual project drill downs.
- Increase collaboration and consistency with unified storage and access to all relevant assets.
- Reduce costs with centralized management and built-in support of cloud-based load generation.
- Analyze end-to-end performance, including topology, infrastructure-level, and advanced insights.
- Incorporate application monitoring and user sentiment data to take a centralized approach to data collection and connect the dots.
- Using powerful analytics and insights, gain visibility into the test status across the entire enterprise and performance trending information across multiple tests.
Reviews from Real Users:
"The most useful aspect of the solution is that it provides agents in different geographic locations.” - Head, Testing Centre of Excellence at NIIT Technologies Limited
"The most important feature for us is that it supports a lot of protocols because we support all of them, including HTTP, FTP, mainframe, and others.” - Test Automation, DevOps & Performance Engineering at a financial services firm
"The solution can handle a huge amount of workloads, it's quite scalable.” - Regional Head Customer Experience at a financial services firm
"The reporting mechanism is a valuable feature that generates good reports.” - Senior Architect at a computer software company
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional was previously known as Micro Focus LoadRunner, HPE LoadRunner, LoadRunner.
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Customers
JetBlue, GOME, Australian Red Cross Blood Service, RMIT University, Virgin Media
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Video
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional pricing:
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional Reviews
Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2023.
708,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.
In my opinion, NeoLoad is the way to go.