Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

LogMeIn Central OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

LogMeIn Central is #8 ranked solution in top Remote Monitoring and Management Software. PeerSpot users give LogMeIn Central an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. LogMeIn Central is most commonly compared to LogMeIn Rescue: LogMeIn Central vs LogMeIn Rescue. LogMeIn Central is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 41% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 16% of all views.
LogMeIn Central Buyer's Guide

Download the LogMeIn Central Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is LogMeIn Central?
LogMeIn Central enables you to effectively monitor, manage, and secure your endpoint infrastructure with a robust endpoint management feature set.
LogMeIn Central Customers

Au Bon Pain, BELL (Building Educated Leaders for Life)

LogMeIn Central Video

LogMeIn Central Pricing Advice

What users are saying about LogMeIn Central pricing:
  • "We've been trying to nail its cost down ourselves, and it is a disaster in that area because you get different numbers all the time. They say this is what it is, but the numbers don't make a lot of sense to me. I know that the numbers change. So, the more you have, the less they are per seat, but I don't really understand where those breakdowns are. Its billing is confusing. It is definitely the worst part. For 7,500 seats, it might be between 2,250 and 2,700 a month. It is somewhere in there."
  • "Having to spend so much money on remote access is what I feel to be a necessary evil."
  • "Coming from where it was free, it's getting to be expensive."
  • LogMeIn Central Reviews

Darrell Greenhouse - PeerSpot reviewer
    Owner at Blackhawk Computer Engineering
    Fast with an easy setup and a good interface
    • "The initial setup was very easy."

What is our primary use case?

UPDATE #2: 2021.03.28 @ 21:15 - I was asked if I could provide further insight into the stability of LogMeIn Central, and as noted in this review, I'm not an expert on the product. That said, I'll be testing LogMeIn Central on a number of internal systems, VMs, and client systems over the next few weeks. I'll report back with my findings after my tests have been completed. After reviewing other's notes about LogMeIn Central on various websites, I suspect my findings will be favorable.

UPDATE #1: 2021.03.11 @ 0630 - I spent about an hour and a half last night reviewing LogMeIn Central's tool set, interface, functionality, and capabilities. I can honestly report that I'm going to be giving this RMM tool a serious look, and have added it to the other potential tools to use. Although, I'm still unsure if it has many of the functions I want in a robust RMM. I'll report back later...

The solution was used to manage several things including: end-user support, performing backups, performing system and virus updates, running reports, remote programming, fixing bugs, checking system logs, performing registry edits, doing network configurations, etc. These were primarily Microsoft Windows environments - servers, desktops, network appliances, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It allowed me to respond rapidly to system and security issues, whether connecting on the local network or remotely over the internet.

What is most valuable?

I liked the speed, and even over a slow connection it wasn't that bad. Although over slow connections there was noticeable mouse jitter and delays in rendering the interface - which was expected. I remember the interface being very clean and easy to navigate. I liked the depth of drill-down into the systems I connected to and I could get into everything I needed to. The initial setup was straight forward and simple.

What needs improvement?

I recall that there was something about the pricing structure that wasn't ideal, but I cannot recall the exact details. I’ve been looking at: ConnectWise, Kaseya, N-Able [ SolarWinds non-hacked tool :-) ], and others. But I think it’s an oversight, on my part, that I didn’t consider LogMeIn as an RMM tool for some current projects. I’m going to give LogMeIn a fair shake going forward. One of the items I’d like to see is a robust API, like ConnectWise has – I assume there is one. All in all, I think anyone looking for an RMM solution, should give LogMeIn a good look, as I was previously very satisfied with the product(s).

LogMeIn Central
      September 2022
      Learn what your peers think about LogMeIn Central. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
      635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I started using LogMeIn’s tools almost from the company’s inception and used it on a limited basis within the last 12 months, although not very heavily.

I didn’t find many stability issues but as would be expected, did experience crashes periodically. As far as what the contributing factors were, I rarely looked very deep and just restarted the application and/or systems.

I'm unsure of the scalability potential. Compared to ConnectWise, SolarWinds (N-Able), Kaseya or other tools - I just don't know the current capabilities of LogMeIn Central. I wasn’t managing a lot of nodes when I was using it, so my knowledge of its scalability may not be of much value. I remember reading in the documentation and on the company’s website about scalability, but again, I don’t know. A colleague who I turned over an old client to, had several clients he was/is supporting with LogMeIn tool(s) and he’s very satisfied with the product suite.

I don't recall ever reaching out to technical support. I was able to figure out most things on my own. There weren't really any issues I couldn't solve from my end by reviewing the support docs.

This was the first RMM solution I ever used. Before that, the only remote management methods I used were via Remote Desktop, connecting over VPNs, connecting with PutTTY, or some other secure connection method. I added LogMeIn; at the time, to make it easier to manage the systems - and it worked like a charm!

I remember the initial implementation being simple, especially if you're just doing a quick setup. If I just needed to help someone (in an one-off use case), I could just send an (agent link) to a client, which they then ran, and we were up and running!

Just in house...

All in all, the ROI was great as it saved me a lot of time - And time is money!

I forget what the pricing model was, but I do remember there was something I did not like about it. However, I remember that whatever the price is/was, I found it acceptable given the value I received from the product.

At the time - not really.

See my answer above under - "Did you previously use a different solution..."

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user. I've used different versions/iterations of LogMeIn tools over several years. I do remember it got better over time and I used it almost every day at the time. The last time I used it, I shared the login credentials with a colleague who always has the most recent version. I would likely recommend the solution to others. However, with the disclaimer that I haven't used it as frequently or as thoroughly to give a good assessment.

I'd give the products a nine out of ten, and only because of my limited usage.

I use AWS, Azure, Google, Private/On-Prem cloud solutions, with IBM forthcoming for other purposes. I gather LogMeIn Central will allow management of these environments. Again, I’ll give LogMeIn a deeper look now.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
      Associate Director of Information Technology at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
      Scalable, good search features, and good options for multiple displays
      • "I like the options for multiple displays. The unattended access is very useful, but it can also be misused. So, it is something you have to be careful with."
      • "Compared to other products, I feel that their biggest weakness has been customer service. They are very nice, but things take forever to resolve. It has been a major issue there. Otherwise, we're happy. We haven't moved away from them because we haven't found anybody with comparable pricing for our business model."

What is our primary use case?

It is used in environments with servers and client machines. We do server management via LogMeIn, and they could be anywhere in the country. We might also manage the client connection to the server via LogMeIn. For the servers, you have 24/7 unattended access, and for the clients, it may be 24/7. It depends on the client or the actual user.

We have about 7,500 LogMeIn clients out there. Most of the endpoints are physical machines. I'm sure we have some VMs out there, but it is not used with another cloud server per se. We have our offices, and we have our employee stations, and they just go out and reach out to all the clients.

What is most valuable?

I like the options for multiple displays. The unattended access is very useful, but it can also be misused. So, it is something you have to be careful with.

The search features are really nice. When you type in a keyword, every single thing, whether it's a group or a machine, with that phrase will come up.

There are a lot of features that we just don't utilize and maybe we could, but we're pretty straightforward about it. It is nice to use the file transfer feature from time to time, and it is really nice to be able to just copy from your desktop and paste onto the LogMeIn session.

What needs improvement?

Compared to other products, I feel that their biggest weakness has been customer service. They are very nice, but things take forever to resolve. It has been a major issue there. Otherwise, we're happy. We haven't moved away from them because we haven't found anybody with comparable pricing for our business model.

Its billing is confusing because you get different numbers all the time.

I have been using this solution for about three and a half years, but the company has been using it a little longer.

Sky's the limit. You can have as many you need, but you have to group them based on your needs. It is pretty straightforward.

We have about 7,500 LogMeIn clients out there. For deployment and maintenance of the LogMeIn account, there are basically one to three people depending on what's going on.

They're very nice, but things take forever to resolve. They have to pass through so many hands before they are finalized. You could be waiting for weeks and months for something that should take a couple of days, especially if they make a mistake.

It seems pretty straightforward because there is no central server. You just log into a website or your app, and they have something running on there. The hardest part is probably getting that client installed on a user's machine. You have to talk them through that or email them a link and get them past that first little installation process. It is pretty simple.

We've been trying to nail its cost down ourselves, and it is a disaster in that area because you get different numbers all the time. They say this is what it is, but the numbers don't make a lot of sense to me. I know that the numbers change. So, the more you have, the less they are per seat, but I don't really understand where those breakdowns are. Its billing is confusing. It is definitely the worst part. For 7,500 seats, it might be between 2,250 and 2,700 a month. It is somewhere in there.

You can nail down exactly what you want and then just brace yourself for it to be way more difficult than it should be to get it implemented. On their side, in terms of the account and the licensing, if you're a new customer, it is probably way easier than if you're an existing customer.

What other advice do I have?

If you get a new machine, the old machine would not show up anymore, but its license is still being used until you delete it. So, you could easily have a lot of seats for which you're paying but they don't exist anymore. If you reinstall the same machine but it just doesn't detect, you could easily have five instances up there of the same machine, which is something you might not notice.

I would rate it an eight out of 10.

LogMeIn Central
      September 2022
      635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.
      Jim Graue - PeerSpot reviewer
      Support Technician at a non-profit with 1-10 employees
      Enables numerous active clients to remotely access a computer from home securely
      • "LogMeIn Central allows numerous active clients, say... 50, to use licenses for remotely accessing a computer from home, taking advantage of all the solution's built-in security features."
      • "The solution is expensive as hell."

What is most valuable?

LogMeIn Central allows numerous active clients, say... 50, to use licenses for remotely accessing a computer from home, taking advantage of all the solution's built-in security features. This makes it easy to do.

In respect of RDS, one can change ports for connectivity purposes, but it cannot be used as readily as an off-LAN remote access. I would not RDS directly from my office to a client server across town because of the inherent security risks. If I reach a server of an organization which has two or three other servers, I would remote to those other servers using RDS, but we use LogMeIn Central for that outer shell.

What needs improvement?

While I am not in charge of the finances, I do know that the solution is expensive as hell. This is a very unpleasant point. We are charged a lot of money and are a non-profit working with other non-profits. Having to spend so much money on remote access is what I consider a necessary evil.

I advise one to focus his energy on negotiating the licensing fees.

I have been using LogMeIn Central for quite a long time, I would say ten years or more. I have been working at this organization for quite a while and used the solution beforehand for other clients.

In generall, we don't have much trouble with the solution. They take pretty good care of their end of the network, so it is rare that LogMeIn has been responsible for our inability to access a system. Only infrequently do they have trouble with their website.

We see this rarely in respect of their servers, something we feel is nice.

Overall, scalability is pretty good.

Only in rare instances have I had the need to talk with any tech support people at LogMeIn.

While I am not in charge of the finances, I do know that the solution is expensive as hell. This is a very unpleasant point. We are charged a lot of money and are a non-profit which works with other non-profits. Having to spend so much money on remote access is what I feel to be a necessary evil.

I advise one to focus his energy on negotiating the licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

One thing I can say about RDS is that a person can switch ports for connectivity purposes, but it can't be used as readily as an off-LAN remote access.

RDS is a bit on the stodgy side when it comes to remote security capabilities.

The solution works pretty well and does a pretty good job of securing that outer shell. One who needs to remotely access their office computer from their home would have a good desktop experience and could pretty much take care of anything he needs.

We have primarily been dealing with the solution, which is what we do at present. As we have our hands full with clients, we have a fairly big subscription with LogMeIn, our largest being in the hundred seat range and smallest likely in the three or five seat range. The solution makes it pretty easy to remotely access networks from where we are. More often than not, these remote networks are not situated out of town. I am not saying this is unheard of. We do have a couple of clients who are hundreds of miles away and, in these cases, we wind up using the solution to access these networks. I use RDS internally to get to other servers in a given network.

I rate LogMeIn Central as an eight out of ten.

Senior I.T. Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
      Remote access that is straightforward, easy to install, and has good support
      • "It allows you to transfer along with many other functions."
      • "Our clients are having issues with printing."

What is our primary use case?

I do maintenance for my clients. When the pandemic hit, it worked out well because we already had the clients installed on it and we were able to remote in to do the work the same as if they were sitting there.

We use this solution for remote access.

What is most valuable?

I have always liked it. It allows you to transfer along with many other functions.

It does everything that I want it to do.

What needs improvement?

Our clients are having issues with printing. There seems to have been a bug or a glitch. We last saw this problem a little bit last year, but seems to have resolved itself, we haven't seen it anymore.

I have been using LogMeIn since it was free, which was a long time ago.

We are using the latest version.

We have approximately 100 users in our organization who use this solution.

I don't have any issues with the technical support.

We also use LogMeIn Rescue.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is easy.

You can deploy it easily by sending it through email, or sending it as an invite, or just log in by using LogMeIn Rescue, download the client, and install LogMeIn.

The price continues to increase. Coming from where it was free, it's getting to be expensive.

We are looking at ConnectWise, but it's coming out to be about the same price.

I was evaluating to confirm that I still had the same availabilities and still be able to allow my clients to utilize it remotely. There are still clients who want to have remote access.

The only reason why I was looking into ConnectWise is that it has other features that will allow billing, to connect with some other clients with the services that they have in the cloud.

Looking at it, if we are pretty much going to pay the same price, and if they're using LogMeIn, it's a no-brainer. I should move to them. But, I'd like to test it out when I have the chance to. Some features will be better. I don't know what the limitations are. For example, when I am paying for LogMeIn Rescue I can direct them to a website, enter a pin, and I am able to remote to them. I want to know that those features are still going to be available.

What other advice do I have?

I have had no issue with this solution. I would rate LogMeIn Central a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
      Download our free LogMeIn Central Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
      Updated: September 2022