Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Infor LN OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Infor LN is #9 ranked solution in top ERP tools. PeerSpot users give Infor LN an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Infor LN is most commonly compared to SAP ERP: Infor LN vs SAP ERP. Infor LN is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
Infor LN Buyer's Guide

Download the Infor LN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Infor LN?

From the largest global manufacturing enterprises with complex multisite needs to smaller, single-site organizations, Infor LN is enterprise resource planning (ERP) software that features capabilities designed to meet the unique business requirements of manufacturers. Infor LN offers fast and cost-effective deployment with integration on the shop floor and across the supply chain with financials, quality management, service management, order management, and business partners. Contextualized, industry-specific analytics help you gather real-time data and monitor metrics for improved communication with business partners wherever they are.

Infor LN was previously known as Infor ERP LN.

Infor LN Customers

LTH Castings, Gloucester Engineering, Gorman-Rupp, Computer Designs, Instrument Technology, GWA Group Limited, PRIDE Industries, CAV Aerospace, New Scale Technologies Inc.

Infor LN Video

Infor LN Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Infor LN pricing:
  • "Only people who undergo training from the companies can learn about Infor products."
  • "The price of the solution can vary."
  • "Infor LN is a free solution, and everything is included in the package, such as add-ons."
  • "Compared to other high-end ERP software, Infor LN's cost of ownership is lower. The difference isn't huge, though."
  • "The licensing costs for this solution are payable annually. Standard licenses are available, but there is also the option to pay to add extra features."
  • Infor LN Reviews

Developer at a educational organization with 201-500 employees
    Stable, scalable, has good customization features and provides a return on one's investment
    • "We have definitely seen a return on our investment with the product."

What is our primary use case?

While the latest version is 10.8, our company is using 10.5U.

We use the solution for freight mode, sales and distribution, mostly in the warehouse, production department, finance, transportation and procurement.

How has it helped my organization?

When it comes to customization, the solution allows us to develop our own functionality in the system so that we do not have to worry about third-party applications. Infor is now coming out with the API.

As such, we can handle things both from mobile and other devices.

What is most valuable?

We like the recent customization features that Infor is providing, such as extensibility, which do not impact on version upgrades. This is the solution's best feature.

What needs improvement?

Infor is not very much into the market as of yet, which means that its products are not public to date and this precludes students' ability to learn about the Infor products on their own. This translates into a shortage of resources and available information on the internet concerning Infor products and it contrasts with the SAP, which does have training schools and manuals that are open to the public.

Only people who undergo training from the companies can learn about Infor products. There are not many people with whom I can confer in the event of an issue arising. The Infor community is not very big and only makes available a single platform. That's it.

There are many features that I would like to see included in future releases. One would concern a good casual integration. We are currently working on three or four things, the first one involving integration. This should be better. They have come up with the factory track.

I believe that within a few months or years they will come up with zero-time maintenance, something they are currently working on. An example would involve the cloud, on which they currently do maintenance on their own around once per month. When it came to our system, it took them six or twelve hours. The maintenance time needs to be faster.

Infor LN
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Infor LN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Infor LN for the past four or five years, since 2016.

Stability is quite good.

On-cloud scalability is very good and the scalability of the servers increases commensurate with the load.

Whether or not we will choose to increase the usage will depend on whether or not the organization grows in size, in which case we would.

Infor is not very much into the market as of yet, which means that its products are not yet public and this precludes students learning about the Infor products on their own. This translates into a shortage of resources and information which is available on the internet about Infor products and contrasts with the SAP, which does have training schools and manuals that are open to the public.

For the moment, we resolve issues exclusively within our organization. However, should an issue arise we make reference to a consulting organization, something we have found to be helpful.

I have only been with my organization for five years, so I cannot comment on whether it utilized another solution prior to Infor LN.

As with any new product we acquire, we must first configure it before making use of it.

The length of deployment will depend on one's organization. If it contains thousands of users who are employing the solution, then deployment will take around a year.

The length will vary with the complexity of one's organization. There is a need to do gap analysis and customize the solution for the relevant department.

The use of an integrator, reseller or consultant for the deployment will be dependent. In our current project, we are creating from on-premises to cloud deployment for Infor only.

In respect of the deployment and maintenance, every location has its own ERP team at the moment. For example, there is a key user and global team. I would estimate we are talking around eight or nine people.

We have definitely seen a return on our investment with the product.

The price of the solution can vary. I would say that it is based on the number of users making use of the software, although I cannot state how this would relate to the prime or management side. There is also available the complete yearly subscription.

Additional costs would apply to the maintenance version upgrades.

What other advice do I have?

I work as an Infor customer in my current company.

The solution is deployed on-premises, but we are planning to move our system to the cloud.

Across the board, there are around 2,500 users making use of the solution in our organization.

I would advise others to read the manual before using the solution and gain the proper experience.

I rate Infor LN as a nine out of ten.

Sanjay Patankar - PeerSpot reviewer
    General Manager at Godrej Infotech Ltd.
    Reasonable pricing with a straightforward setup and good stability
    • "It's not too hard to handle the initial setup."
    • "The user interface needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Infor LN is an ERP which we are using. It covers all logistics and finance transactions.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped a lot in the sense of consolidation and in providing us with real-time information.

What is most valuable?

The solution is in proper ERP. It covers all of our requirements and is an integrator solution. That's why we like working with it.

The product is fairly stable.

It's not too hard to handle the initial setup.

The pricing is very reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs to be improved. Right now, it's not ideal in terms of the design. The interface is not elegant on multiple products, such as enterprise assessment, supply chain solutions, and HR information.

The support on offer is lacking. They really need to be better at helping their clients.

I've been basically using the solution since 1999. It's been about two decades. I've been working on it for quite a while.

The solution is quite stable. We don't really deal with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been good overall. We find it pretty reliable.

The product is scalable. That said, there are certain components created for India Localization, which are sort of specific to India related aspects, those need a little scalability. Indian laws are also very dynamic, so it may be hard to keep up with the registered changes.

We've been using this solution for a very, very long time and we do plan to continue to use it going forward.

We have not been satisfied with technical support at all.

We deal with them a lot and often call them on a weekly basis. They aren't helpful. We're very disappointed.

The installation was very straightforward. It was not complex at all. A company shouldn't have issues with the implementation process.

It's a quite stable product, however, there will be editing problems for the setup and all that. Those issues are normal with any ERP implementation. If a user follows the guidelines from the company and sets up the procedures well, they should be fine. If you can limit the customization, or have no customization, it will mean that you won't need a large amount of time for the full deployment.

The solution is quite competitively priced. If you compare it to SAP, for example, it is quite reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user. We don't have a relationship with the company.

We were using Baan SQL, which later became Infor LN. We've been using the solution for a very long time.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate this product at a seven. It's okay. Mostly we are happy with it. However, the interface and technical support are two areas where improvements can be made.

Private Cloud
    Infor LN
    September 2022
    632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Infor LN manufacturing consultant at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    A straightforward and stable product with large-scale quality modules
    • "It has strong sales, purchase, warehousing, and logistics order management."
    • "The training for Infor LN is not straightforward, so a non-specialist will need training before using it."

What is our primary use case?

Infor LN has strong sales, purchase, warehousing, and logistics order management. It provides a field service management software module and is excellent in finance.

What is most valuable?

It has large-scale quality modules like the CRM module, and almost everything is capable in Infor LN.

What needs improvement?

The freight management module is a bit complex and can be improved. It can be simplified to make processes and navigation less complicated.

I would also like to see some HR-related activities in the modules for this solution. For example, the HR payroll module is one where the wages and salary should get triggered based on the leave applications.

We have been using this solution for almost nine years. It is cloud-based and provided on-premises.

We are using version 10.7, which applies to countries around the globe.

It is a straightforward and stable product.

It is a scalable solution that handles multi-company and multi-site environments.

There is no staff required. Only minimum administration is needed, so the production company manages everything. However, we will need a cloud admin when we want to give control access.

I rate the technical support a three and a half out of five. Infor LN has a support portal, so if our customer encounters a bug or issue, it will log a case in the import portal. Then, based on the duration and SLS, it is assigned, and technical support gives us their recommendation and solution. If they can't solve the issue over email, they set up a Webex call, take control of our system, and debug the problem.

The initial setup was straightforward and not complex. However, the training is not straightforward, so a non-specialist will need training before using it.

I believe the licensing cost is approximately US $1,500 per user per annum. But I'm not entirely sure as I am not from the sales department.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this product a nine out of ten. Infor LN is very good at manufacturing modules for manufacturing industries. It is easy to implement and won't take more than three to four months to implement an out-of-the-box solution for a mid-scale sector.

Also, with Infor LN, everything comes in a bundle with no additional costs. There are a few business analytics features such as Infor Birst and another application called Infor Factory Track for inbound and outbound activities automation.

A few cloud suites are a part of the bundle, but it is an add-on feature for others. There are also other add-ons like the HR and CRM modules. For example, if the existing CRM module does not satisfy your business needs, you can have another module and integrate it. However, if you want an additional reporting or analytics tool, it is a licensed product with a cost.

Business Development Manager at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
    Covers the core functions of the company very well, but doesn't cover some of the functions such as invoices and digitization
    • "Our clients appreciate the financial part of the solution, which is usually very complex. The Spanish localization is also very good."
    • "From a customers' perspective, Infor LN covers most of the processes in the company, but sometimes, they have to choose other tools because of the functionality or the cost of the Infor solution. It covers the core functions of the company—such as financial, operations, logistics, and so on—very well, but it doesn't cover some parts such as invoices, digitization, etc."

What is our primary use case?

We're working with the industrial sector. We work with manufacturers and companies like that. They use this ERP for all the processes of the company. They use it in the financial department, and they use it in the production department. They try to use this ERP for all the processes in the company.

We are using the new cloud version. It is very different from the previous version because of the restrictions of the cloud. We knew the previous version of Infor LN very well. Our technical team feels more comfortable with this version, but we have to move on to and adapt the next version, which is a cloud version.

What is most valuable?

Our clients appreciate the financial part of the solution, which is usually very complex. The Spanish localization is also very good.

What needs improvement?

Our clients don't like the relationship with Infor, which is the manufacturer of the product. They don't like the commercial relations with the sales team and things like that. Information that comes from the company isn't helpful for Spanish customers. They don't bother about this market. Infor seems to think that this market is too small to support.

From a customers' perspective, Infor LN covers most of the processes in the company, but sometimes, they have to choose other tools because of the functionality or the cost of the Infor solution. It covers the core functions of the company—such as financial, operations, logistics, and so on—very well, but it doesn't cover some parts such as invoices, digitization, etc.

We are a partner of Infor, and it has been more than 20 years.

Our customers haven't had any stability-related problems.

We don't have many customers. Most of the customers that have grown have changed to SAP. I don't know if it is because of scalability or because big companies like to use the most known ERP brands.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise choosing a good partner. This is the first rule. The tool is good, but you need to choose a good consultant.

I would rate it a seven out of 10.

CIO at AITEK
    Full featured package, useful document management, and beneficial collaboration
    • "The best feature of this solution is it comes as a complete bundle. The solution has effective project, document, and application management. Additionally, the collaboration is fantastic, it is well integrated, and can be customized."
    • "The interface can be difficult sometimes. I need to apply a bar code system, such as business intelligence and user interface tools. The user has to be a technician sometimes to use it."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Infor LN for operations and in the supply chain, and in sales.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The interface can be difficult sometimes. I need to apply a bar code system, such as business intelligence and user interface tools. The user has to be a technician sometimes to use it.

I have been using Infor LN for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, we can add users if we want to expand.

To expand the solution I call my account manager and he can communicate with the license operations from Infor LN. In approximately 20 hours the increase would be done.

We have 120 users using the solution.

The support is overall needs improvement.

We did not have any problems with the implementation.

The partner vendor is not very good. There is no one that can implement the solution here in the middle east, such as Egypt.

There is a maintenance fee of approximately 16%.

I have evaluated SAP.

When you are working in SAP you need to buy another application called CRM and Service Cloud. However, with Infor LN, their package is fully complete, you do not need to purchase other parts.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those companies that are outside the Middle East, to choose Infor LN. However, if the company is inside the Middle East, there are no partners that can implement Infor LN as a package. I would not recommend it.

I rate Infor LN a ten out of ten.

Salutation Architect at a tech vendor with 1-10 employees
    Keeps pace with the digital transformation and transformations industry
    • "LN is definitely a stable product. It's number one on Gartner's four quadrants."
    • "While Infor LN incorporates the latest business processes and functions, there is always room for improvement as the business grows. In the new normal, it could stand to incorporate quite a few automation processes like the RPA and utilize machine learning in the Internet of Things."

What is our primary use case?

Infor LN is an ERP software suite that focuses on automotive industries, hi-tech electronics, industrial manufacturing, heavy electricals, heavy engineering, and so on. We supply manpower for IT leaders operating in India, like HCL, Accenture, and Infosys. We have quite a few customers in other parts of the world as well.

What needs improvement?

While Infor LN incorporates the latest business processes and functions, there is always room for improvement as the business grows. In the new normal, it could stand to incorporate quite a few automation processes like the RPA and utilize machine learning in the Internet of Things.

I've been using LN for close to 20 years.

LN is definitely a stable product. It's number one on Gartner's four quadrants.

Infor LN is one of the easiest ERP software to install. However, implementation takes time. It takes somewhere around 25 to 30 days to do the basic piloting of the software.

Compared to other high-end ERP software, Infor LN's cost of ownership is lower. The difference isn't huge, though.

The competitors of Infor LN are S4 Hana of SAP and Oracle E-business Suite. They are the best software when it comes to ERP functionality. However, when it comes to technology, Infor LN is quite ahead. SAP is catching up in that area though.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of ease of use and product vision, Infor LN stands tall. It stands at number one. I would rate it 9.75 out of 10. I can't say 10. I've explored most of the functionalities, and it caters to the complete fleet of business processes, but then again, there is some industry-specific equipment that can come up, so I speak to how LN would handle that. So I can only say it is nine out of 10.

I would definitely recommend Infor LN. They are keeping pace with the digital transformation and transformations industry.

RENATOESPOLADORE - PeerSpot reviewer
    Owner at RPEspoladore LTD
    Reseller
    A good tool for optimizing businesses processes, that provides a single point of information across multiple business streams
    • "The best feature of this solution, is that it provides businesses with a way to see information from across different process streams, in one place via dashboards."
    • "The finance model within this solution does not have very strong reporting functionality, which I would like to see improved."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use this solution to integrate and optimize business processes for my customers across different industries.

What is most valuable?

The best feature of this solution, is that it provides businesses with a way to see information from across different process streams, in one place via dashboards.

What needs improvement?

The AI prediction feature of the solution also needs to be developed.

I have been working with this solution for over 20 years.

The standard install of this solution is very stable. However, extensive configuration can affect the stability of the product.

The cloud-based version of this solution is fully scalable.

The technical support team are good, although they are often understaffed. However, they are not always able to advise on issues with the most up-to-date version of the solution.

There is also a technical guide provided, to allow users to potentially fix issues themselves.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The setup of this solution is very easy, but is dependent on the needs of the client.

Jorge Saraiva - PeerSpot reviewer
    CTO at silicium consulting
    It's a stable solution with advanced planning tools for manufacturing

What is our primary use case?

Infor LN has basically the same structure as CloudSuite Industrial, but LN has more advanced planning tools for manufacturing.

What needs improvement?

From a technical perspective, LN needs to work on customization and integration. It's fairly expensive for many clients to migrate from a customized private solution to the cloud. Infor needs to improve the cloud solution to make the migration from the on-prem customized solution faster and smoother. Otherwise, many clients will find it difficult or expensive to do.

Infor LN is highly stable.

Infor needs to create an online support chat directly embedded in the product. I will never understand why they don't make a special cloud for support.

If you have a demo company, the setup is easy.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Infor LN eight out of 10. I would recommend Infor LN for large enterprises.

Download our free Infor LN Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022