We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Inflectra SpiraTest OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Inflectra SpiraTest is #3 ranked solution in top Application Requirements Management tools and #5 ranked solution in top Quality Management Tools. PeerSpot users give Inflectra SpiraTest an average rating of 10 out of 10. Inflectra SpiraTest is most commonly compared to Jira: Inflectra SpiraTest vs Jira. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Inflectra SpiraTest?
SpiraTest is an integrated Requirements and Quality Management solution that manages your project's Requirements, Test Cases, Releases, Defects and Issues in one environment, with complete traceability throughout. After defining your project's requirements, you generate the test cases and test steps that validate the functionality. The test execution modules allows users to run through the tests, logging defects/issues as they go. SpiraTest is Fully Web-Based. Free 30-Day Trial.

Inflectra SpiraTest was previously known as SpiraTest, Spira.

Download the Test Management Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Inflectra SpiraTest Customers
- Morningstar - Deutsch Bank - Sopra Group - Booz Allen & Hamilton - UBS - US Government
Inflectra SpiraTest Video

Inflectra SpiraTest Reviews

PraveenKambhampati
Senior Business Consultant, CMMI2.0, OpEx at Thought Leaders Management Consulting
User friendly with ease of testing requirements management, migration from other tools and als othe integration with other testing tools.
  • "The user-friendly features are the most valuable. For example, migration of requirements and migration of test cases and the creation of traceability. You have various reports that you need. The plug-ins that are available to connect with the other tools."
  • "Migrating is not very easy. It depends on the organization, how efficient and effective the decision-making process is. The plug-ins should be easier and more integrated rather than the user trying to integrate the tools which are more popular, like Jira et al."

What is our primary use case?

After a detailed comparison with other tools, I chose to recommend Spiratest for its ease of use and integration readiness with other tools. Any legacy tool that the organization decides to transition slowly or even retain the old tool and integrate it with Spiratest, the plugins are readily available.  I started my journey as a user of Inflectra SpiraTest. It's more of preparing the road map or the strategy for the client and helping them migrate everything. I determine whether it is suitable for the client's needs. Sometimes it's the nature of the business model. It is driven more by the client's business model. Then the client determines whether to approve the tool that was tested. The client may have their own choice or their own tool. There's a lot of businesses. Based on all the criteria, I help the client make decisions on these things. But these days, the products are very salient. I do some analysis, some comparisons of SpiraTest, and other tools. SpiraTest is very mature and very stable, actually. For example, if you want to integrate with Jira or any other tool, they provide a plugin so you can continue to use Jira then call the test cases from SpiraTest assessment.

How has it helped my organization?

Projectwise requirements and test cases were migrated , mapped and traceability ready. Agile projects were mapped though not directly helpful for hybrid agile scenarios.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The product search is user-friendly, but guidance for integration with other tools needs to improve further. If an organization decides to move from an existing tool to spiratest, a migration through integrstion is the best way, in my opnion. But the guideline and menu to such features needs some effort from the user. Some smart guidelines for integration can help. The bestvpart is that most plugins required for an integration are available. Just that the search friendliness can be improved further. For example, Migrating can be improved further by giving a trello like UI for a pick and choose. The plug-ins should be easier and more integrated rather than the user trying to integrate the tools which are more popular, like Jira et al. Particularly on the DevOps based development platform. I think there's a lot of exploration that needs to be done on SpiraTest.

about an year.

Very stable and low latency. Customer support can improve.

Highly scalable. Suits any kind of environment including waterfall, Agile , Product, Service, Project or SaaS depending on the service model of the organization.

Technical Support was prompt and responsive. guidance to the plugins and integration methods were well published and updated. Guidance documents can be downloaded and referred. sufficient training material was available for guidance and support.

Yes as a Director SQA, I had deployed various testing are process tools and experimented with the testing automation.

Mailing and follow up was very quick and proactive. Clarifications on set up instructions was fair enough and timely.

The deployment was personally monitored and carried out at a known organization where the CMMI 2.0 processes and Testing process improvements were carried out over a change management initiative.

For stabilizing requirements and bringing the test case versioning chaos to order, spiratest served very well. Fulfillment of CMMI 2.0 requirements and test case traceability was achieved faster, comparatively with spiratest, it can be claimed.

Recommend Spiratest as a resourceful tool for management of Requirements and Testing, configuration and traceability. Costing is reasonable and license based . Flexibility of optimum number of users for cost effectiveness. There is no set up for the online version. needs little time to make a start.

Yes. but comments.

What other advice do I have?

SpiraTest I would rate, based on my experience, as a great tool for any SDLC model, product, process, project types. In terms of flexibility, in terms of the stability of the product as given, I would rate it a nine on a scale of ten.

Other
reviewer1397985
Sr. Project Manager at University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
  • "The reporting functionality helps vendors and technical resources identify bugs and issues that need to be addressed. The simple dashboard-style home page makes training end-user testers simple and straightforward. The actual testing UI is VERY straightforward and very intuitive for the end-users that test the system since very often we pull from business and operational users to help test new systems."
  • "The UI for managing test cases, test sets, test runs could be a little more integrated, currently, these feel disjointed at times and confusing. Also, the test steps page needs to display the test steps closer to the top of the UI so as to not have to scroll down to find."

What is our primary use case?

Testing of new applications being deployed in a healthcare environment. SpiraTest is used to help manage our testing process for not only new software implementations but also for checking the interactions of other software on existing systems. The SpiraTest system allows us to bank our test scripts to quickly pull them out as needed to test the effects of new code on our existing systems. Since a lot of our systems are updated with software and data code on a very regular basis this allows us to better provide a reliable system to our end users in a very critical environment.

How has it helped my organization?

SpiraTest makes managing our testing scripts easy since many of our systems are interconnected we can retest existing systems to ensure that new applications and updates will not break the system. SpiraTest has also allowed us to better diagnose bugs with new vendor software quickly and efficiently. SpiraTest makes our end user acceptance [process so much easier. The ability to store and manage our test scripts for use at a moment's notice helps provide much more reliable systems and quickly identify software bugs.

What is most valuable?

The reporting functionality helps vendors and technical resources identify bugs and issues that need to be addressed. The simple dashboard-style home page makes training end-user testers simple and straightforward. The actual testing UI is VERY straightforward and very intuitive for the end-users that test the system since very often we pull from business and operational users to help test new systems. This simple user interface allows the operational owners to not only test the new systems but also helps us record their thoughts and screenshots which leads to better user adoption.

What needs improvement?

The UI for managing test cases, test sets, test runs could be a little more integrated, currently, these feel disjointed at times and confusing. Also, the test steps page needs to display the test steps closer to the top of the UI so as to not have to scroll down to find. While the training is adequate, I would like to have a more robust online training option available for various users of the system, since there are admins users and test creators and end testers I feel that having training targeted to each of the basic roles would be helpful.

5 years

The system has never crashed on us and for a long time was running with minimal or not attention for a very long time.

The system does appear to have the ability to scale up quickly, although we do use a very basic version of the system even that is effective for our needs.

Customer service and technical support has been very responsive. We have had little need to contact customer support since the system is so stable.

We actually didn't switch we also use a second system for test tracking. Projects are given the option of which one to use.

Setup was very straightforward, we run the system on a VM running Windows server. the UI is delivered via web services.

We did a self install, this has had zero issues over the years.

Since the cost of the system is extremely low the ROI is very considering the nature of our business. The systems we use SpiraTest to test are often tied to patient safety and the financial strength of the organization.

Simple setup and very affordable cost option.

Jira

What other advice do I have?

SpiraTest is a very stable reliable simple platform that is effective.