IceWarp OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IceWarp is the #6 ranked solution in top Email Applications. PeerSpot users give IceWarp an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. IceWarp is most commonly compared to Zimbra Collaboration: IceWarp vs Zimbra Collaboration. IceWarp is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 47% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 29% of all views.

Download the Email Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is IceWarp?
IceWarp helps thousands of organizations streamline all areas of business communication and become more profitable by providing Mail Server complete with GroupWare, Calendaring and Document Management, accessible through an intuitive WebClient, simple to setup in WebAdmin. Customize with add-ons: spam and virus protection, Instant Messaging with video calls, mobile sync and more.
IceWarp Customers
Marriott, Toyota, Sony, Wendy's, Canon
IceWarp Video

IceWarp Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IceWarp pricing:
  • "The solution is inexpensive which is its main benefit."
  • "There are various licensing plans available based on geographic zone."
  • "The license is based on the number of users."
  • "Our licensing is on a yearly basis. There were no additional costs."
  • "It is definitely one of the lowest price solutions."
  • IceWarp Reviews

Senior Executive IT at Patel Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd.
    An inexpensive and scalable solution for small- to medium-sized businesses
    • "The solution's voice services work well for our company."
    • "It is difficult to disable user rights on the console so some users accidentally delete their documents or user details."

What is our primary use case?

Our company uses the solution as an in-house server that handles email for 800 users.

What is most valuable?

The solution's voice services work well for our company.

The solution is inexpensive and provides a cost savings.

What needs improvement?

It is difficult to disable user rights on the console so some users accidentally delete their documents or user details when they are given access to Smart Attachment.

There needs to be a way to allow uploads but disable deletions through a customizable console.

If an administrator removes a document to troubleshoot, then all attachments disappear because the link is broken.

We attempted a workaround that uploaded temporary files to webmail services, but it was not supported or successful.

I have been using the solution for five years.

November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about IceWarp, Microsoft, Zimbra and others in Email Applications. Updated: November 2022.
    655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is scalable but we do not have that need. We started with 1,000 users but currently have 800.

We attempted to obtain support for deleted documents through the representatives in Mumbai, but they did not have an answer for us. We were told that the solution has this limitation or bug with no current resolution.

A few months ago, we called support for a certain type of report export through the console. Support provided us with command lines to complete the process but it would have been more efficient to include common command lines in the solution's documentation.

We used an outside vendor for setup but easily handle maintenance because our skills with Linux or other technologies allow us to find solutions 90% of the time.

A direct service provider for the solution handled our implementation which included migrating 400 GB of data.

The solution is inexpensive which is its main benefit.

We are currently looking at other solutions because of issues with deleted documents that have persisted for five years.

Users have different mentalities so it is vital that we have the ability to customize consoles.

What other advice do I have?

The solution works for small- to medium-sized businesses but service improvements are needed for large organizations.

For example, email IDs are not consistent across India so some users are unclear if their accounts are activated. Across departments in our company, there is confusion about this so sometimes multiple accounts are created for users. This results in space being occupied by unused accounts. We do not receive notifications when accounts are created or for user activity, so we have no way to follow up with a user and provide account details.

I rate the solution an eight out of ten.

Project Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Reseller
    Has a very good log-in to the UI when compared to other solutions
    • "The solution has a very good log-in to the UI when compared to other solutions."
    • "With multiple databases for VOIP, chat and web IMAP, maintenance is cumbersome."

What is our primary use case?

We install the solution for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a very good log-in to the UI when compared to other solutions. The log-in builder and other activities are good.

What needs improvement?

The solution has multiple master databases and each, including every service and user, must be maintained separately. With multiple databases for VoIP, chat and web IMAP, maintenance is cumbersome.

In addition, the solution does not offer confidential mode, RMS activity types or certain MIS reports.

I have used the solution for a year.

The solution is stable, but running features sometimes stop if we make a mistake when adding new users. Often there is no use case completed by development before being directly released. Bugs seem to be what stop running features.

The solution is easy to scale. The licensing format allows for scaling to any version at any point in time. Setup for a large number of users can be more complex and might require a hardware investment.

Support is not good and it is challenging to receive a timely response.

The setup for this solution is a bit straightforward and you do not have to update anything. When it comes to high yield, say 10,000 to 30,000 users, the setup might be a bit more complex because you have to implement activities and services from the cloud. In that regard, there is custom work. The configuration might be on the hardware side, but the solution is cloud-based so it is hard to install and deploy in the background.

I am part of the implementation team for this solution.

The solution does not rate high for ROI in comparison to Google.

There are various licensing plans available based on geographic zone. For example, in India they have different plans than in Africa, the Middle East and Europe. The plans in India are altogether different in pricing and options.

What other advice do I have?

The product provides a good base solution that works for documents and conferencing.

Private Cloud

Other
    November 2022
    655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Technical Support Executive at a tech company with 51-200 employees
    Feature-rich, stable, easy to use, easy to set up with Outlook Sync, and good collaboration
    • "IceWarp has multiple applications that are easy to use for many people."
    • "I would like to have a trial for mobile applications and more documentation similar to Google Drive with mobile applications."

What is our primary use case?

We are service providers. We provide services to the customers. Currently, we are on the private cloud but many of our customers use both Private and Public Clouds.

At this time, I am supporting the engineer with the IceWarp Mail Solution.

We use IceWarp for emailing solutions, and to collaborate with other collaboration hubs and email solutions.

What is most valuable?

They have many features. One is conferencing collaboration and there are many more. IceWarp has multiple applications that are easy to use for many people.

Also, they have Outlook Sync, which is most important for email synchronization.

What needs improvement?

It is underdeveloped with so many features that are available. There are no requirements for new features at this time.

I have been using IceWarp for two years.

We are using the latest version.

This solution is stable we have not had any issues.

It's a scalable solution. We have more than 50 customers who are using this solution.

We have a service tech. Once we have any kind of request on our IT or on the cloud, we can check the customer availability and get the issue resolved with IceWarp.

We are also using Cisco Mail Security.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is easy and we can customize the settings.

It took a maximum of one day to complete the installation.

There is one IceWarp technical team in Mumbai. We are resellers and partners with IceWarp. The team consists of myself and my head, which is leading for support.

The license is based on the number of users.

With all of the features that are available for the users included with the license, it is reasonably priced.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in it.

It's a good solution and I would rate IceWarp a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Technical Support Executive at a tech company with 51-200 employees
    A stable and scalable email, messaging and collaboration service
    • "It has great communication capabilities for team chatting and web conferences."
    • "Our customers sometimes have problems receiving mail."

What is our primary use case?

We use IceWarp for email-related purposes. Currently, we have 3,000 plus customers who use this solution.

What is most valuable?

It has great communication capabilities for team chatting and web conferences.

What needs improvement?

Our customers sometimes have problems receiving mail. There needs to be a desktop application from where they can get a report about whether the mail was delivered or not. For the public cloud, I often have to check from the backend server whether the mail was processed or not, or where the mail was stopped — was it stopped on our side or on the recipient's side?

I have been using IceWarp for almost two years.

IceWarp is a stable solution.

We are currently working on expanding our IceWarp usage.

If my customers have an issue, they come to me first. If I'm not available, then they have to contact IceWarp. If I need IceWarp's help, then I can coordinate with the customers and IceWarp's team.

As I have two years of experience with this solution, the initial setup is very easy for me.

Deployment time depends on customer availability. Maximum, it takes two to three days — from start to finish.

If it's a new customer, then it totally depends — at max, it takes one week to switch from the old mail solution to the new mail solution, everything included.

Our licensing is on a yearly basis. There were no additional costs. If a customer requires additional features, which are not including in the plan, then we simply charge additionally.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this soluting a rating of nine.

Private Cloud

Other
    Technical Developer at a media company with 51-200 employees
    It is fairly stable and has a low price, but it requires better Exchange compatibility mode for heavy Outlook users and technical support
    • "Its price is the most valuable. It is definitely one of the lowest price solutions."
    • "The exchange compatibility mode is rather limited. Their technical support can also be better. They only provide online support, and there should be some option for escalating."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for in-house email.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The Exchange compatibility mode is rather limited. Their technical support can also be better. They only provide online support, and there should be some option for escalating.

Icewarp requires additional licenses to enable ActiveSync for accounts, but even with that (as of 12.2) the server has issues with syncing emails from the tests I ran.

I have been using this solution for about seven years.

It has been a fairly stable platform.

It is reasonably scalable.

They only have online support. They should provide a phone service or at least some option for escalating.

I have used Zimbra and Kerio at my previous companies.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It is definitely one of the lowest price solutions.

What other advice do I have?

It is probably a better solution if you are not heavily relying on Outlook.

I would rate IceWarp a seven out of ten.

Download our free Email Applications Report and find out what your peers are saying about IceWarp, Microsoft, Zimbra, and more!
    Updated: November 2022