IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

HPE OneView OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE OneView is #27 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give HPE OneView an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. HPE OneView is most commonly compared to Cisco Intersight: HPE OneView vs Cisco Intersight. HPE OneView is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the IT Infrastructure Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is HPE OneView?

HPE OneView is your infrastructure automation engine to simplify operations, increasing the speed of IT delivery for new applications and services. Through software defined intelligence, HPE OneView brings a new level of automation to infrastructure management by taking a template driven approach to provisioning, updating, and integrating compute, storage, and networking infrastructure. Designed with a modern, standard-based API and supported by a large and growing partner ecosystem, HPE OneView also makes it easy to integrate powerful infrastructure automation into existing IT tools and processes. Take command with HPE OneView to deploy infrastructure faster, simplify operations and increase productivity.

HPE OneView innovations provide you the industry’s best infrastructure management experience, simplifying operations for HPE BladeSystem, HPE ProLiant servers, 3PAR storage, HPE Networking and HPE ConvergedSystems.

HPE OneView was previously known as HP OneView.

HPE OneView Customers

Asante, ITS Nordics, Columbus Communications, Mansfield Oil

HPE OneView Video

HPE OneView Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE OneView pricing:
"I think that the price of OneView is $500 USD per server, which is a little high."

HPE OneView Reviews

Technology Specialist at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
A highly stable and reliable solution for centralized management and monitoring
  • "The best part is that you can integrate a two-way network. Earlier we could not manage the storage and ToR switch. Now we can create a LAN with our storage without any interface. In terms of switch management, it is now easy to understand the current configuration. It provides centralized management. It provides a single pane, and you can easily do all updates in one shot. It is a great product."
  • "They can improve reporting and provide more customized reports. Currently, reporting is a bit limited. It can be complex to learn and manage for beginners. Because of my experience, I find it comfortable to manage, which might not be the case with beginners. It would be good if they can make it a little bit easier to understand. They can provide a more graphical view of connectivity and other things. Their technical support can also be improved."

What is our primary use case?

OneView is a monitoring as well as a centralized management solution. We are using it for the virtual data center. We are using it for VMware hypervisors on top of the blades and HPE Synergy.

What is most valuable?

The best part is that you can integrate a two-way network. Earlier we could not manage the storage and ToR switch. Now we can create a LAN with our storage without any interface.

In terms of switch management, it is now easy to understand the current configuration. It provides centralized management. It provides a single pane, and you can easily do all updates in one shot. It is a great product.

What needs improvement?

They can improve reporting and provide more customized reports. Currently, reporting is a bit limited.

It can be complex to learn and manage for beginners. Because of my experience, I find it comfortable to manage, which might not be the case with beginners. It would be good if they can make it a little bit easier to understand. They can provide a more graphical view of connectivity and other things.

Their technical support can also be improved.

I have been using this solution for almost two years. We started working with OneView in 2019.

IT Infrastructure Monitoring
August 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Zabbix and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: August 2022.
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is certainly a reliable solution. We switched to this solution almost two years ago, and I have not faced any kind of issues.

We have not tried to expand it. We are a big organization, and in my team, there are almost 200 to 300 people.

Their technical support can be improved. Dell's technical support is better than HPE.

We are also using Dell and Cisco UCS. Dell's technical support is better than HPE. In terms of hardware, stability, and other things, there are no issues.

Its initial setup was not much difficult. I was not much familiar with it at that time, so their technical team guided us. Its documentation is available on the HPE portal.

We took help from HPE.

It was a management decision. They prefer only HPE Synergy. We didn't evaluate any other solution. We are using it in a lot of data centers. We are using something else only in a couple of data centers.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is very stable. There are very few hardware faults with HPE solutions.

I would rate HPE OneView a ten out of ten.

AliBizmark - PeerSpot reviewer
Computer and Network Engineer at Jooya Informatics Group
It is easy to set up and scalable with a user-friendly and informative dashboard
  • "The OneView Global Dashboard is very user-friendly and it can be used for monitoring the power consumption and temperature of the data center and racks."
  • "It would be better if we can add every HPE device to OneView, such as MSA, as well as the other servers like the DL server and ML server."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and HPE OneView is one of the products that we implement for our clients. When we first started using OneView, we used it for monitoring our server. After that, I added my blade server and then two years ago, Synergy.  Since then, I have been managing my HPE BladeSystem and Synergy with OneView.

It is also used for configuring my Virtual Connect, the operating system for my server, and so on.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the price reduced.

HPE OneView is a relatively new product that was introduced between six and seven years ago. I have been familiar with it since the first version, and have been working with it for between five and six years.

Stability-wise, it is okay. It suits us well.

I haven't had any problems with the scalability and configuration. I have set up and configured OneView for several customers that range in size from 50 servers to 500 servers. I would say that it works well for medium-sized organizations.

The initial setup is very easy. You have to create a virtual machine, turn it on, and go to the setup.

I think that the price of OneView is $500 USD per server, which is a little high. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I can recommend to others. The most important thing about OneView is that the primary usage is for configuring BladeSystem and Synergy. If the number of servers that you have is not very high then you do not need OneView because you can manage them using the system manager. You can do intelligent provisioning, for example.

IT Infrastructure Monitoring
August 2022
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Tuan Anh Bui - PeerSpot reviewer
Reaserch Engineer at a university with 10,001+ employees
Provides the strongest support for automation
  • "Provides the strongest support for automation."
  • "Does not allow for switch configuration other than through OneView."

What is our primary use case?

We deploy this system so our customers can deploy it to the cloud. I'm involved in research, deployment and operating systems.

What is most valuable?

HPE provides the strongest support for automation which is very important in the cloud environment.

What needs improvement?

In OneView, the only option is to configure the switch over OneView. Dell provides an option to divide app administration and the ability to configure the switch by SFH. When we debug on switch, we need to access the Azure Edge which provides more information. In OneView, we only have the web interface to check the switch. It lacks flexibility. I think that they should also provide more options in the D device drive. We currently do everything by command, not graphic interface.

I've been using this solution for two years.

A couple of years ago we faced a lot of issues in HPE OneView with crossover. Since then the firmware has improved a lot and is much more stable.

The solution is scalable. In our current projects there is a total of around 6,000 users.

The local customer support here in Vietnam is not good and they sometimes provide an incorrect response. Once you get up to level two and level three support, it's much better. Thankfully there is a lot of information available online.

The initial setup is relatively straightforward. It takes about a day to deploy one system from scratch.

There is no license fee but if you wish to have a warranty, there is an annual charge for that.

I believe the Dell MX7000 is a better solution than OneView because it has the option to divide app administration that OneView does not have.

What other advice do I have?

This solution works well but I prefer the Dell MX7000. I rate OneView eight out of 10.

Download our free IT Infrastructure Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, Zabbix, and more!
Updated: August 2022