Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

HPE Enterprise Routers OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE Enterprise Routers is #7 ranked solution in top Routers. PeerSpot users give HPE Enterprise Routers an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. HPE Enterprise Routers is most commonly compared to Cisco Enterprise Routers: HPE Enterprise Routers vs Cisco Enterprise Routers. HPE Enterprise Routers is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the Routers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is HPE Enterprise Routers?
HP Enterprise Routers navigates more devices and simplify complex networks with intelligent management of open standards routing. HP Enterprise Routers offer products: Fixed Port Routers- It connects workplace with internet access, Modular Routers- a fully-modular and Virtual & Wireless Routers-It quickly connects business with wireless routing. HP Enterprise Routers also provide features routers: HPE FlexNetwork MSR2000 Router Series & HPE FlexNetwork VSR1000 Virtual Services Router Series.

HPE Enterprise Routers was previously known as HP Enterprise Routers.

HPE Enterprise Routers Customers
Transdanubian Regional Waterworks Corporation (DRV)
HPE Enterprise Routers Video

HPE Enterprise Routers Reviews

Dhanushka Chaitanya - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager - Enterprise Networking Solutions at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Fair pricing, easy to deploy, and reliable
  • "It has good scalability."
  • "Technical support could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for an access layer, all layer distribution.

What is most valuable?

The deployment is easy.

The web-based management is great.

Its ISR is good.

We found the product to be stable.

It has good scalability.

Its pricing is fair.

What needs improvement?

Technical support could be better. The response could be better and faster. The rest is fine.

We've been using the solution for five to seven years.

Routers
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Cisco, MikroTik and others in Routers. Updated: September 2022.
634,775 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's a stable solution. It's reliable and the performance is good. It doesn't crash or freeze and there are no bugs or glitches.

The solution can easily be scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can.

We have between 500 to 1000 people using the solution. Various departments use it. It's not just for our engineers.

Technical support is okay. It needs a bit of improvement, however, overall, it's good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The solution is easy to deploy. It's not overly difficult or complex.

We've had two to three developers that are able to handle the implementation process. It took two to three weeks to deploy.

We've seen an ROI and it's pretty good.

We find the pricing to be reasonable. HP is giving a limited lifetime warranty for hardware, which is good compared to other options. The licensing includes everything. You don't need to pay extra fees.

What other advice do I have?

We are an HPE partner.

I'd rate the solution a ten out of ten. We are quite happy with its capabilities overall.

ShaillenderMittal - PeerSpot reviewer
Lead IT Procurement at RBL Bank
Easier to manage than most competing solutions, but lacking in security features

What is our primary use case?

We use the HPE routers to connect the branch offices to our central data center. We have more than 14,000 employees on our networks.

What is most valuable?

HPE routers are easier to manage than any other router I've used.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more security features, like support for different types of encryptions.

I've used HPE Enterprise routers for more than four years.

HPE routers are pretty reliable.

HPE routers are scalable.

HPE technical support is decent, but we had issues getting help from their partners, including supply delays and slow response. However, direct support from HPE is fairly reliable.

HPE routers are easy to set up, and the installation takes about four or five hours per router.

We used a consultant.

The ROI is relatively high. I estimate that the solution paid for itself in about 18 months.

We paid around 120,000 rupees for one HPE router.

What other advice do I have?

I rate HPE Enterprise Routers six out of 10. HPE routers are pretty stable, but Fortinet is another good option. They have much better security capabilities. The HPE routers are doing their job within our network setup, but we use Fortinet and Cisco for critical points.